Sign in to follow this  
fantasybubba

Randy Moss

I haven't heard anything about timing between the two. Moss has been working hard and staying focused.

I think that you folks are underestimating the calming power of Inta Juice...and of course the Chronic.

Brooks is great at runnign to the sideline and winging the ball down field blindly

add Radny Moos to the formula and well

that put Culpepper in the Pro Bowl and he was not even mobile enough to go to the sideline

Moss could have a very nice season basically playing DB on offense

Brooks is great at runnign to the sideline and winging the ball down field blindly

add Radny Moos to the formula and well

that put Culpepper in the Pro Bowl and he was not even mobile enough to go to the sideline

Moss could have a very nice season basically playing DB on offense

That's funny, but the sad part it's true.

Here's the thing. Randy does not like being dogged. Hearing TO this, CJ that, Steve Smith, blah, blah, blah. When he gets hyper-motivated, like when he had a down season in 2002 1400 yards, 7 TD's (Chad Johnson type stats :thumbsup: ) he came back even more committed and scorched the league for 1600/17. I have Randy in the top 5. He's not as fragile as everyone is making it seem. Plus Randy's down years are most players career years.

I am taking him in every single draft I don't give a crap what anybody says. The man is a FF beast and before he was injured last year he was on pace for 1800 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you knuckle Heads out there just keep passing him up so you can draft Fitz, Holt, CJ or any of the others and I will gladly take him as my #1 WR. Hell sometimes I wait and get him in the focking 3rd. :huh:

Sorry to break up the lovefest, but

Brooks :sleep: + Moss :huh: = ;)

Sorry to break up the lovefest, but

Brooks :banana: + Moss ;) = :banana:

Know we have clashed before but I really do respect what you have to say, so I am not dogging (pun intended) you.

It's all about opinions on this topic. Mine is that R Moss and TO are the most talented WR's in the league. And, with Brooks ability to scramble, I think he looks to wherever Randy is and chucks it. Randy will come down with it 1/2 or at worst 1/3 of the time. Shell says he is going for the vertical passing game and I believe him. Randy is poised for a big year.

If I could get Randy, TO and C Taylor, I think I am SB bound. But, that's another topic.

I am taking him in every single draft I don't give a crap what anybody says. The man is a FF beast and before he was injured last year he was on pace for 1800 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you on this one. I think he's going :banana: :banana: :blink: this year! If he slips at all in my drafts, he isn't slipping by me. ;)

On another note, I think it's funny nobody has said a word about your 1800 yards projection. Randy only played 4 games before he got hurt. But, how dare anyone around here wonder out loud what LJ could have done last year by projecting his 9 game starting stats over the whole 2005 season. It's ridiculed within 3-4 minutes tops and we have to hear about how he only did it for half a season.

I'm with you on this one. I think he's going :clap: :banana: :banana: this year! If he slips at all in my drafts, he isn't slipping by me. :clap:

On another note, I think it's funny nobody has said a word about your 1800 yards projection. Randy only played 4 games before he got hurt. But, how dare anyone around here wonder out loud what LJ could have done last year by projecting his 9 game starting stats over the whole 2005 season. It's ridiculed within 3-4 minutes tops and we have to hear about how he only did it for half a season.

Thats a very good point. Man I love this site sometimes. :banana:

I'm with you on this one. I think he's going :clap: :clap: :banana: this year! If he slips at all in my drafts, he isn't slipping by me. :banana:

The only reason why I wouldn't say anything about your Randy Moss Full Season Projection as opposed to LJ is because WR's do not take the physical beating on every play that RBs do.

I do however hope that this is the year that Randy Moss blows up and returns to form.

I am going after Randy in every draft too. I got the 1.02 in a draft that takes place next weekend....hoping like hell I get Randy in the 2nd.... :banana:

The only reason why I wouldn't say anything about your Randy Moss Full Season Projection as opposed to LJ is because WR's do not take the physical beating on every play that RBs do.

I do however hope that this is the year that Randy Moss blows up and returns to form.

You're right. It was an apples and oranges comparison. WR's don't typically have the huge fat guys running into or falling onto them. I just find it it humorous how much more is generally accepted in non-LJ threads. Randy could have played 2 games, gotten hurt and nobody probably would have said a word about a 16 game projection based on his 2 healthy games.

I hope Randy has at least one more of those 15-20 TD seasons left. I figure if Brooks could get Horn the numbers he got, Randy's definitely going to get his chances. :banana:

Wow, I lot of Moss love going on in here.

I will go against the grain here and say it's been real quiet on the Moss front because he can't back it up anymore, so he's laying low. Let's face it, Randy is just as much an ego as TO or Chad, but since his legs have been gimpy the last couple of years, he's become much more quiet. If he was due to break out, he'd be makin' noise.

I could be wrong though. Maybe he's matured a lot. In MN, he had a policy of not talking to the press, and I'm sure he still does, which explains why we don't hear much about him.

I'll be avoiding him. Aaron Brooks is NOT a stud QB, Joey Porter is demanding a trade and without him, Moss gets doubled, and Moss's legs have been worse every year he's played.

That team is gonna be losing, and losing bad most of the time. Recipe for stupid numbers for Randy IMO. Brooks throws the long ball god damn well. I say 1700 15 for randy this year, pending good health...

Wow, I lot of Moss love going on in here.

I will go against the grain here and say it's been real quiet on the Moss front because he can't back it up anymore, so he's laying low. Let's face it, Randy is just as much an ego as TO or Chad, but since his legs have been gimpy the last couple of years, he's become much more quiet. If he was due to break out, he'd be makin' noise.

I could be wrong though. Maybe he's matured a lot. In MN, he had a policy of not talking to the press, and I'm sure he still does, which explains why we don't hear much about him.

I'll be avoiding him. Aaron Brooks is NOT a stud QB, Joey Porter is demanding a trade and without him, Moss gets doubled, and Moss's legs have been worse every year he's played.

Finally someone being realistic. I think Moss could have a good year. Im thinking 1,100 yds 7-8 TD's. But you have to expect him to miss 2-3 games at some point. I would love to get Randy in the early 3rd. :banana: But i probably wont reach for him in the 2nd. :thumbsup:

The difference is that waterwolves didn't make a projection, he simply said Moss was on pace for 1800 yards after 4 games. And it goes without saying that that doesn't mean it was going to happen, we all know that after 4 games every year there are people with stats that they aren't going to keep up for the whole season. Also, as opposed to just one guy (waterwolves) mentioning Moss' pace, every day there is someone spouting off about what LJ would have done (as opposed to what pace he was on) in a full season. Never mind the fact that what LJ was doing is a lot harder on the body than what Moss was doing.

That doesn't make any sense. If there's any reason, besides maturity, as to why Moss is quiet, it's because A. the team has struggled, and B. he's coming off two straight injury-plauged seasons with (relatively) low production. Also, Randy Moss didn't make a lot of noise in the preseason last year either. You can't lump him in with TO and Chad, he's not a guy that has to be on the camera all the time, he'll do some dumb things but he's not an attention whore like they are. Chad was trying to get himself pub because he wasn't a superstar before last year, and TO was trying to get himself out of Philly. Moss has neither of those agendas, and I think it's a lot more likely that he's determined to show us something on the field than it is that he's lost confidence.

Finally someone being realistic. I think Moss could have a good year. Im thinking 1,100 yds 7-8 TD's. But you have to expect him to miss 2-3 games at some point. I would love to get Randy in the early 3rd. :blink: But i probably wont reach for him in the 2nd. :huh:

I don't get the basic thought that Randy is injury prone all of a sudden and he is expected to miss 2-3 games. He didn't miss a game for like 6 years before two seasons ago. True he has been hurt the last 2 years and true he could be injury prone but it is just as likely that he is not injury prone as it is that he is injury prone. Right? He goes 5 or 6 years without missing a start then he has two injury plagued seasons and all of a sudden he is going to miss 2-3 games this year for sure. I think it could go either way. I agree he could miss 2-3 games but is definantly not a lock he will do so and if he does stay healthy the whole year who is better at the WR postion then Randy (I score TD's like a RB) Moss?

I don't get the basic thought that Randy is injury prone all of a sudden and he is expected to miss 2-3 games. He didn't miss a game for like 6 years before two seasons ago. True he has been hurt the last 2 years and true he could be injury prone but it is just as likely that he is not injury prone as it is that he is injury prone. Right? He goes 5 or 6 years without missing a start then he has two injury plagued seasons and all of a sudden he is going to miss 2-3 games this year for sure. I think it could go either way. I agree he could miss 2-3 games but is definantly not a lock he will do so and if he does stay healthy the whole year who is better at the WR postion then Randy (I score TD's like a RB) Moss?

No player is ever injury prone - until they are.

Its just that simple.

:wall:

Joey Porter is demanding a trade and without him, Moss gets doubled

I am always torn on the subject of a very strong #2 versus a very weak #2. True teams will role double coverage toward Moss without Porter, but they would even if Porter is still with the Raiders. Probably not as much, but if you have to stop a healthy Moss or a healthy Porter, who do you double? But the part I am torn on is whether Moss would have better numbers with or without Porter. Porter is a legit option and therefore (if he wasn't dumb as a post) would have a higher number of plays where his number was called. Whereas, without Porter more balls would be destined to go to Moss, and with Brooks being a QB who really locks into his number 1 option, and then scrabbles for a few seconds then checks back with his number 1 option and fligs the damn ball. So I think that Porter's absence (which do to salary cap reasons won't happen) might actually make Moss more valuable.

I know the year I had Holt his numbers went up after Bruce was injured.

Joey Porter is demanding a trade and without him, Moss gets doubled, and Moss's legs have been worse every year he's played.

I missed this part earlier. :banana: Moss already gets doubled with Porter across from him. And it's Jerry Porter.

He isnt 25 anymore....Once a fast WRs legs get dinged up a couple years in a row..they are never the same...Its not so much hes injury prone to where he gets hurt for a season ...but he has nagging injuries that force him to miss a game or two...with the other games not being able to play at 100%...

Id rather take a sure thing like Holt or Harrison...I just think the days of randy getting 16+ TDs is gone...whether by losing a step or injuries....His Reward isn't high enough anymore for me to pass on a sure 1300 and 10....

Final Concensus

- Moss is the most talented wide reciever in the NFL

- When healthy, he is a beast

- Raiders are practically always losing...so...Brooks will air it out equalling MONSTER numbers

- Needs to stay healthy and out of trouble

- Proj 1600 yds/ 14-15 TDs

- Top 4 WR by End of Year

:first: Congrats Randy :first:

Finally someone being realistic. I think Moss could have a good year. Im thinking 1,100 yds 7-8 TD's. But you have to expect him to miss 2-3 games at some point. I would love to get Randy in the early 3rd. :rolleyes: But i probably wont reach for him in the 2nd. :huh:

Randy missed a gaem last years and large parts of 3 others and had numbers close to that even with out being able to run full speed why would you expect less out of him in more time spent on the field?

hell he opens the season versus a VERY VERY bad San Diego secondary he might have 200 and 3 tds that day. he also has Cleveland and San Fransico int he first four weeks he might 1000 yards in week five.

I understand you discounting him and I think some of the 2.10 talk is high for me but if that boy is around 2.14 3.anything he is pretty much fantasy gold.

He isnt 25 anymore....Once a fast WRs legs get dinged up a couple years in a row..they are never the same...Its not so much hes injury prone to where he gets hurt for a season ...but he has nagging injuries that force him to miss a game or two...with the other games not being able to play at 100%...

The truth is, Moss has never been the same since he injured his ankle when he was 22. But, he appears to be fully recovered from last year's groin injury (not a leg injury) and is still a stud.

Id rather take a sure thing like Holt or Harrison...I just think the days of randy getting 16+ TDs is gone...whether by losing a step or injuries....His Reward isn't high enough anymore for me to pass on a sure 1300 and 10....

Ok bro I can respect anybodies opinion if it seems like they thought it through and just came up with another anwser. I will just say this. We are not talking about just any WR. We are talking about the The most talented WR to ever play the game. When I think about that and the fact thathe is not even 30 yet I feel he is a steal if he is not the number 1 WR taken. If he is the #1 wr taken IMO you are getting fair market value for him. I have taken other WR first this year only because I knew I could come back and get him and more times then not I am getting him in the early 3rd. I absolutey love picking in the top 3 this year because I get super Stud Rb and two of the top 5 WR's IMO. Normally Holt and Moss. Got to love that.

hell he opens the season versus a VERY VERY bad San Diego secondary he might have 200 and 3 tds that day. he also has Cleveland and San Fransico int he first four weeks he might 1000 yards in week five.

Actually, San Diego is the team he got injured against last year. As weak as the Chargers secondary was, they managed to make the Raiders miss on their first two pass attempts to Randy (one of which was picked off), and on the third attempt two guys cheap-shotted him before the ball arrived, dealing him a significant injury, and it was not a good day in Randy-land. Not that I expect him to get hurt against San Diego again, but the Chargers have an awesome front seven and that will make it hard for Brooks to get the time he needs to get the ball to Moss. So while I am fairly optimistic about Moss this season, I don't see week 1 as a game where he's likely to get out of the gate really fast.

can I say one thign about the Moss is not as fast any more comment

Harrison was never fast so now that he is old and coming off injuries does that drop him even further?

I agree with Holt and Johnson over Moss maybe one or two more but after about 4 WRs they all start being #2s and are interchangable by bye week.

Moss is at least as solid as that with the potential for more.

In short Moss might have the same numbers as Driver but the potential for more is greater with Moss

anywhere after 2 WRs Moss is a pretty safe pick at that position

Final Concensus

- Moss is the most talented wide reciever in the NFL

- When healthy, he is a beast

- Raiders are practically always losing...so...Brooks will air it out equalling MONSTER numbers

- Needs to stay healthy and out of trouble

- Proj 1600 yds/ 14-15 TDs

- Top 4 WR by End of Year

:( Congrats Randy :(

This was the same thing said last year, sub Brooks with Collins.

This was the same thing said last year, sub Brooks with Collins.

Even though its not saying that much....I would take Brooks over Collins in a heartbeat.