Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

Ever think about this.....Reggie Bush

Everyone wants to label Bush, referring him to someone in the past. I've heard Barry, Marshall, Tiki, Metcalf, etc............. Did anyone ever stop to think that Reggie Bush is like noone we've ever seen before. Maybe he has his own unique skill set that has been possessed by no other back in the history of this game. My view is that Reggie is his starting his breed of RB that will end up being only a breed of 1. Is he going to rush for 2000yrs one day? Probably not. Will he get you close to 2500 all purpose yards and 20 to 25 TD's in a year? I think thats very very likely starting as soon as next year.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

I am planning on taking him THIS YEAR before players like KJones, JJones, WMcGahee, etc.

2500 apy.....20-25 TD. WOW, I dont see that happening. He will have a good rookie season, but you should expect more like 1,000 apy, and 6-9 tds. But if you like him that much, take him in the 1st round. Personally I will not spend more than a 3rd rounder on this kid.

Everyone wants to label Bush, referring him to someone in the past. I've heard Barry, Marshall, Tiki, Metcalf, etc............. Did anyone ever stop to think that Reggie Bush is like noone we've ever seen before. Maybe he has his own unique skill set that has been possessed by no other back in the history of this game. My view is that Reggie is his starting his breed of RB that will end up being only a breed of 1. Is he going to rush for 2000yrs one day? Probably not. Will he get you close to 2500 all purpose yards and 20 to 25 TD's in a year? I think thats very very likely starting as soon as next year.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

I just started to think of Reggie Bush as "Reggie Bush" and then you had to put up those numbers. Those "Marshall" and "Priest" like numbers....

Just my 2 cents. Thanks

seeing he's pretty much in the same mold/comparison to Gale Sayers I don't see the unique skill set, that you're "possibly thinking" he may possess to seperate him into his "own class/breed" ... I have no doubts the guy is going to be a nice yardage machine at the next level do to his big play ability but 2,500 total yards and 25 Td's is a pretty big stretch (IMO)... but yes he's electric and a double threat no doubt, but your statistic goals for him is a little high (although not insane)... I can def. see him up around the 2 G (Total Yards) mark some day if he stays healthy and all is well....

I am planning on taking him THIS YEAR before players like KJones, JJones, WMcGahee, etc.

THinking of that myself. Not just because of the ONE preseason game but because McGahee's team looks bad, KJ and JJ did nothing to change my mind in their games and I just like saying I GOT BUSH.

THinking of that myself. Not just because of the ONE preseason game but because McGahee's team looks bad, KJ and JJ did nothing to change my mind in their games and I just like saying I GOT BUSH.

I'd take him before those 3 as well.... Bills are trash, Julius is a chandelier, and KJ.. he's equal I think

I'd take him before those 3 as well.... Bills are trash, Julius is a chandelier, and KJ.. he's equal I think

Look at it on an "upside" only position. Bush has the upside to be amazing. JJ and KJ have the upside of finishing a season.....

I think it is so funny how tie tide turns on this board. A week ago both RamslovaMarthater & I had posts stating that Bush was a first round talent. Boy did we get smoked by board members. One 44 yard run & public opinion has changed rather quickly.... :headbanger: :blink:

No matter how good he is I think those touchdown numbers will not ever happen. The guy was hardly used in short yardage against the horrible Pac-10 defenses. To think he is going to amass that many scores against much bigger and better guys it optimistic. Not to mention for one guy to score that many times the Saints would have to morph into an offensive system ala Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs and I really doubt that will happen, especially with the current state of there offensive line.

Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister is going to be another Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams situation from last year.

Look at it on an "upside" only position. Bush has the upside to be amazing. JJ and KJ have the upside of finishing a season.....

:clap:

Reggie/Deuce=Ricky/Ronnie last year? Dont think so. Numbers maybe a little similar but in no way will they be used the same way. More TD's and big plays from Reggie and Deuce.

Realistic Expectations for both Deuce and Reggie this season:

Deuce=950yds rush 12 td's (yes 12 td's), 25 rec 200yds 1td

Reggie=800yds rush 7-8td's, 45 rec 500yds 4td's, maybe 250return =1550yds total.

If you feel those numbers are worth a 1st round pick then go ahead. I think he's gonna be special, especially in the big play leagues where td's of over 40 and 50yards or worth more. Not worth a 1st round pick but I do think he is a top tier #2 back.

This is just my opinion.

Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister is going to be another Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams situation from last year.

I disagree...I think Bush is in a better position than what Brown was in. Deuce is not 100%...Williams was.

From past history, it takes 2 years removed from surgery to be where u were originally at. I think this will be the case for Deuce. I think McAllister will not be 100% thus not being effect therefore, giving Bush more chances.

New Orleans also plans on putting Reggie in the slot so when McAllister is in, Bush will still get his touches that was as well. This guy is electrifying..it would be a mistake just to play him half a game and let Deuce play the other half.

I say Reggie moves to late first to early second round.

You figure Reggie gets at least 20-25 touches a game.

Break down: 23 touches

15 carries= 6.5 a carry = 97.5 yards (yes he's gonna avg close to that w/limited carries)

6 catches= 7 a catch= 42 yards

2 returns= 15 a ret. = 30 yards

*With a chance to take any one of those 23 touches to the house.

This is all on your belief on how talented you think he is, and if this per play avgs. are correct. and if you are making the leap to take him that high you do believe is is that talented.

Just how much hype your buying into.

Lebron James was the last athlete I can remember being hypre this much as a rookie. He didn't disappoint. I don't think Reggie will either.

:thumbsup:

You figure Reggie gets at least 20-25 touches a game.

Break down: 23 touches

15 carries= 6.5 a carry = 97.5 yards (yes he's gonna avg close to that w/limited carries)

6 catches= 7 a catch= 42 yards

2 returns= 15 a ret. = 30 yards

So over 16 games you really think he will end up with (using your numbers)

240 carries, 1560yds 6.5 per carry

96 rec, 672 rec yds

Those numbers actually sound realistic to you?

I think a realistic expectation for his rookie season is this:

150 carries, 750 yards, 5 TDs

50 rec, 375 yards, 3 TDs

Now those numbers could change if Deuce isn't healthy, of course.

After you add it like that it seems outrageous for a rookie yes but it's not un-realistic.

Tomlinson and Barber have had simliar numbers, not as rookies but still it's not impossible. I have already stated what I think he will do this year, I was posting numbers to try to sell people on him as a possible 1st rounder or early first rounder this year.

I think it is so funny how tie tide turns on this board. A week ago both RamslovaMarthater & I had posts stating that Bush was a first round talent. Boy did we get smoked by board members. One 44 yard run & public opinion has changed rather quickly.... :thumbsdown: :wall:

Trust me....my thoughts on him being drafted in the 2nd round have not changed due to last night...they just became a little more solid. I am more concerned about getting him at my 2nd round slot due to last night....I rather he stunk it up!

Jerious Norwood rb - fastest time at combine. 2 receptions 71 yards (1td) + his rushing yards ='s a better preseason game than BUSH. Is that worth 2700 total yards and 22-27td then?

COME ON NOW, STOP being rediculous. Norwood and Bush can't even be in the same sentence when it comes to fantasy football. This topic is not based on one pre season performance.

I think a realistic expectation for his rookie season is this:

150 carries, 750 yards, 5 TDs

50 rec, 375 yards, 3 TDs

Now those numbers could change if Deuce isn't healthy, of course.

In a ppr league, that comes out to 210 fantasy points for the year. Last year Caddy finished with 187 and Ronnie Brown with 152. If I'm picking late in the second round I'm taking a chance on Reggie this year. I think he will be a special player. His ceiling is much higher than projected RB's in the second round. If I can come out of the first two rounds with one of the big three or maybe Portis/Barber (we haven't determined draft position yet) and then follow that up with Bush late in RD 2, I like my chances. :thumbsdown:

If my draft pick is 1 to 5, I'm taking Harrison or Moss with my 2nd pick and if Reg is still there for my 3rd pick, I'll probably take him. Do you really think he's gonna score more fantasy points than either of those wideouts ?? 75% of Moss still outscores Bush. Unless Deuce gets hurt (which is very possible), Bush is losing rep's that turn into points...and I'm not gambling on Deuce's fate with my 2nd overall pick.

COME ON NOW, STOP being rediculous. Norwood and Bush can't even be in the same sentence when it comes to fantasy football. This topic is not based on one pre season performance.

WHY because Bush played on a better team in college with more press? Norwood put up better numbers this weekend period is all im saying.

from what i've seen of him in college, he's a souped-up warrick dunn. that's not a bad thing to be, but he's way overhyped at the moment.

--he doesn't have barry's moves.

--he doesn't have eric dickerson's size or power--and eric was every bit as fast as bush.

--he doesn't have emmitt's power.

need i go on? bush couldn't hold the jock of the great ones.

I think it is so funny how tie tide turns on this board. A week ago both RamslovaMarthater & I had posts stating that Bush was a first round talent. Boy did we get smoked by board members. One 44 yard run & public opinion has changed rather quickly.... :( :clap:

dude it still doesnt mean that you are retarded for saying it in the first place

:ninja:

take it easy francis