Sign in to follow this  
1b4igo

Chester or Foster?

Who would you take? Even more, are you better with Chester and another 3rd Tier back or Foster handcuffed with Williams?

i tend to agree, but Foster was AWESOME when he was the starter and the Panthers run the ball. either of those guys can be good for 100 yds/game and a TD or 2 each week. Taylor has risk, but i think you can get Williams later than another 3rd tier RB that you'd need if Taylor fails. Carolina backfield will be servicable no matter who is running the ball. I guess Taylor has more "upside."

i tend to agree, but Foster was AWESOME when he was the starter and the Panthers run the ball. either of those guys can be good for 100 yds/game and a TD or 2 each week. Taylor has risk, but i think you can get Williams later than another 3rd tier RB that you'd need if Taylor fails. Carolina backfield will be servicable no matter who is running the ball. I guess Taylor has more "upside."

100 yds a game and a TD or 2 a week.... :headbanger: wow

100 yds a game and a TD or 2 a week.... :dunno: wow

CAN be good for that, as the starter. Not WILL do that every game, but could nearly average that. Davis and Foster combined for over 1400 ysrds and 15 TDs last year. i would say that if you have both, it's safe to say you could get the same production out of those guys. Not bad for your 3rd RB. If Foster goes down, Williams picks up the slack. the only real danger is a true RBBS that splits those numbers.

Taylor. Foster has injury history and when we're talking number two back you need someone who is going to be there, cuz if option two is one of these guys I don't wanna see option 3. If you do draft Foster you need to spend a later pick on Williams which takes two picks for what will be one average back in all probability. Taylor has the vastly superior line as well. Of course Steve Smith/Delhomme take heat off Carolina but I still like Taylor.

Taylor. Foster has injury history and when we're talking number two back you need someone who is going to be there, cuz if option two is one of these guys I don't wanna see option 3. If you do draft Foster you need to spend a later pick on Williams which takes two picks for what will be one average back in all probability. Taylor has the vastly superior line as well. Of course Steve Smith/Delhomme take heat off Carolina but I still like Taylor.

Taylor absolutely has the superior line, but I wouldn't call it "vastly" superior. The fact is, Foster was excellent running the ball last year when Davis was out... he was a solid #2 RB. Taylor has not yet had that kind of success.

Of course Foster is far more injury prone. The fact that I HAVE to handcuff Foster with D. Williams means I would likely prefer Taylor.

CAN be good for that, as the starter. Not WILL do that every game, but could nearly average that. Davis and Foster combined for over 1400 ysrds and 15 TDs last year. i would say that if you have both, it's safe to say you could get the same production out of those guys. Not bad for your 3rd RB. If Foster goes down, Williams picks up the slack. the only real danger is a true RBBS that splits those numbers.

if either scores 32 TDs I will give up fantasy football and move to siberia... with your mom.

if either scores 32 TDs I will give up fantasy football and move to siberia... with your mom.

come on guy. He said 'cound NEARLY average' that. Meaning about 1500 yards and 28 tds. Cut him some slack...

Before last night I would have said Chester for sure. But when the Vikes got to the goal line they gave the ball to Richardson and he earned the TD all by himself. Unfortunately Chester could loose the goalline carries, if this comes true over the next few preseason games I'll go Foster and take my chances with the injury bug.

Here is the problem with Taylor. He is now the so called starter. So teams will gameplan for him. That is a big difference then just coming off the Bench. Maybe someone can tell me how he did with the Ravens when he filled in for Lewis as the starter? If he did good then he probably is the better pick but if he didn't goes to show he doesn't have what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL.

Before last night I would have said Chester for sure. But when the Vikes got to the goal line they gave the ball to Richardson and he earned the TD all by himself.

I saw that too. I did see 2 players in the backfield, though. Was the other one Chester Taylor? :unsure:

Here is the problem with Taylor. He is now the so called starter. So teams will gameplan for him. That is a big difference then just coming off the Bench. Maybe someone can tell me how he did with the Ravens when he filled in for Lewis as the starter? If he did good then he probably is the better pick but if he didn't goes to show he doesn't have what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL.

Couldn't the same be said of Foster? When has he proven that he could the a regular starter?

I took them both. Taylor in the 3rd and Foster in the 4th.

With 1 and 2 being Cadillac and DDavis, plus I snatched JLewis in the 6th!

All of these guys have big question marks, but Foster and Taylor are High risk High reward picks.

It all depends on your league's scoring system also.

i tend to agree, but Foster was AWESOME when he was the starter

He was given 20+ carries 4 times and managed 100+ yards once. He couldn't even get above 3.6 YPC in 3 of those games not against the Falcons. That's hardly "AWESOME". In fact, that's MEDIOCRE, or even BAD.

I took them both. Taylor in the 3rd and Foster in the 4th.

With 1 and 2 being Cadillac and DDavis, plus I snatched JLewis in the 6th!

All of these guys have big question marks, but Foster and Taylor are High risk High reward picks.

It all depends on your league's scoring system also.

Your WRs must really suck. :D

Taylor has a vastly superior line?

Ummm...not so much.

The Vikings added Hutchinson...but Birk must stay healthy...and McKinney must actually improve.

But Carolina gave up 26 fewer sacks....26. And rushed for more yards per game than the Vikings.

How, in any way shape or form, can you call Minnesota's line vastly superior to one of the better lines in the NFL?

And....to top it all off...Carolina returns all 5 starters that started every single game for them last year. There is alot to be said about consistency on the line.

There is alot to be said about consistency on the line.

:banana:

Yup, which is why the Packers had a great run for a few years, and also why the Chiefs have been so good. Sure, they have individuals with a lot of talent, but those lines, in their primes, were playing together pretty much every game of the year for several years.

Taylor has a vastly superior line?

Ummm...not so much.

The Vikings added Hutchinson...but Birk must stay healthy...and McKinney must actually improve.

But Carolina gave up 26 fewer sacks....26. And rushed for more yards per game than the Vikings.

How, in any way shape or form, can you call Minnesota's line vastly superior to one of the better lines in the NFL?

And....to top it all off...Carolina returns all 5 starters that started every single game for them last year. There is alot to be said about consistency on the line.

Do you realize that Jordan Gross in the most senior lineman on the Oline for Carolina? He has been in the league four years. Hutchinson is light years ahead of any player on the Carolina line, McKinney is as good as Gross and Birk is far superior to the Panthers center.

:banana:

Yup, which is why the Packers had a great run for a few years, and also why the Chiefs have been so good. Sure, they have individuals with a lot of talent, but those lines, in their primes, were playing together pretty much every game of the year for several years.

Definately. Green Bay's line was very good because it was the same guys...and talented guys. I think Carolina is right in line with some of those Packer lines right now.

In time it could happen for Minny....I just do not see it gelling that fast.

Do you realize that Jordan Gross in the most senior lineman on the Oline for Carolina? He has been in the league four years. Hutchinson is light years ahead of any player on the Carolina line, McKinney is as good as Gross and Birk is far superior to the Panthers center.

Except that Mike Wahle has been in the league since 1998...starting since 1999. And their center Jeff Mitchell has been around since 1997 and starting since 1998...starting with Carolina since 2001. Funny...that is 5 years as a starter with Carolina...making him the most senior lineman.

Facts...they bite you in the ass every time.

McKinney is a mediocre tackle thus far.

Hutchinson is good...but new to the team.

Birk is very good, when healthy...but when is that. I would not call him far superior to Mitchell coming off of the injury.

And again...this line played every game together last season.

Hutch is new to the team...Birk missed alot of time...Johnson only started 8 games last year, Goldberg 12.... They do not have the cohesiveness that Carolina has...

On top of that...with the only change being Hutchinson, and a maybe healthy Birk....the stats show that Carolina's line is vastly superior...not the other way around.

Before last night I would have said Chester for sure. But when the Vikes got to the goal line they gave the ball to Richardson and he earned the TD all by himself. Unfortunately Chester could loose the goalline carries, if this comes true over the next few preseason games I'll go Foster and take my chances with the injury bug.

You do realize that Foster has scored like 4 TD in 3 seasons right? He's less of a goalline threat than Chester is.

You do realize that Foster has scored like 4 TD in 3 seasons right? He's less of a goalline threat that Chester is.

Yep, sure do. Do you relize the Vikes have only scored 4 rushing TD's as a team the last 3 seasons?

Ok so they have scored more than 4 but not by all that much.

Yep, sure do. Do you relize the Vikes have only scored 4 rushing TD's as a team the last 3 seasons?

Ok so they have scored more than 4 but not by all that much.

That was "BC" (Before Chester). They hope to reach 5 TD's this season from what I hear...

That was "BC" (Before Chester). They hope to reach 5 TD's this season from what I hear...

:pointstosky: :wacko: :banana: Just razzing ya a little.

Actualy I did not relize foster had so few TD's.

Your WRs must really suck. :wacko:

You mean his wide receiver... not plural he forgot to mention he took Mike Bell in the 7th, Greg Jones in the 8th, Brandon Jacobs in the 9th & Jerrius Norwood in the 10th :pointstosky:

-- Fason Passes Moore --

Tue Aug 15, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The Star Tribune reports Vikings RB Ciatrick Fason was the first running back to enter the game after starter RB Chester Taylor, and HC Brad Childress said Fason had moved ahead of RB Mewelde Moore on the depth chart. "But we continue to roll those guys," Childress said. "We evaluate them every night."

I like Taylor over Foster. Foster's as good as they come when healthy...I just don't trust him to remain that way through an entire season.