Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Lions continue to fine FMW

Surely this thing can keep going for another 2 pages with swamp involved.

Swamp's talking about pro-days and 40 times when, comparing MW with Boldin, and all the while, Boldin has put up record numbers on the field.

Regardless of what Boldin ran the 40, he's the man. Just like Jerry Rice was. I'm not comparing Boldin to Rice, but I am saying that Rice ran a rather pedestrian 40 at the combine.

Mike Williams is slow on the field of play. Why aren't people getting this? Comparing him to Boldin is just the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Who the hell cares what any of those guys ran at the combine. The 40 is a gauge, not a be all/end all decision maker when judging someone's speed/quickness.

If a guy knows what he's doing, where he's going on the field, he makes up for that speed.

Mike Williams sucks! He's underachieved to date, and he's showing an unwillingness to work at his craft and to help his team get better. He's got talent, but hasn't shown a commitment to become a better player.

Case effin' closed. :pointstosky:

Mike Williams sucks! He's underachieved to date, and he's showing an unwillingness to work at his craft and to help his team get better. He's got talent, but hasn't shown a commitment to become a better player.

Hey, what about that one catch?

Seriously, I agree with Ghost, FMW could be joining long list of Millen quality 1st round picks, er busts: Harrington, Rogers....

Swamp's talking about pro-days and 40 times when, comparing MW with Boldin, and all the while, Boldin has put up record numbers on the field.

Regardless of what Boldin ran the 40, he's the man. Just like Jerry Rice was. I'm not comparing Boldin to Rice, but I am saying that Rice ran a rather pedestrian 40 at the combine.

Mike Williams is slow on the field of play. Why aren't people getting this? Comparing him to Boldin is just the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Who the hell cares what any of those guys ran at the combine. The 40 is a gauge, not a be all/end all decision maker when judging someone's speed/quickness.

If a guy knows what he's doing, where he's going on the field, he makes up for that speed.

Case effin' closed. :doh:

i agree that boldin has certainly shown more so far. but that wasn't the point. sho made an unsubstantiated claim about speed.

Hey, what about that one catch?

Seriously, I agree with Ghost, FMW could be joining long list of Millen quality 1st round picks, er busts: Harrington, Rogers....

roy has 3 preseason catches; mike has 2. maybe the lions should cut roy, too? :lol:

friday, august 18, 2006 weblog for tom kowalski (www.mlive.com)

"Kathy: Tom, I'm curious, considering the Lions drafted Mike Williams because he was "the best athlete available" is there any chance they would try to convert him to tight end?

Tom Kowalski: kathy ... i've had a lot of e-mails about this ... let me say it again ... mike williams is NOT a tight end ... it takes more than size to be a tight end ... "

where have i heard that before? :banana:

Surely this thing can keep going for another 2 pages with swamp involved.

interesting that you're here but won't come within a country mile of the bears thread where they're discussing rex grossman :clap:

interesting that you're here but won't come within a country mile of the bears thread where they're discussing rex grossman :pointstosky:

If someone wants to rip on Grossman, more power to em. I'm not going to whine, piss, and moan the thread to 3 pages as you like to do...

this from a jets fan :lol: :cheers: there's a reason the jets were able to draft brick before the lions had a chance. reality, dude.

nice try at putting words in my mouth. i, in fact, am the only one on this board (or one of the few) that has not predicted an outcome for mike williams. that's the whole point: the abuse i'm taking from idiots like you is just simply saying "let's give mike year 2 in the league before cutting off his melon." that's it. i understand it's a rather shocking stance to take for brain-dead people like you who drink out of paper bags at jerry springer shows, but at the end of the day it's really the only sane view on this board concerning this subject.

\

Could say the same thing about Rogers (whoops, there goes the collarbone) lets just give him one more...(whoops, there it goes again)

Its only a matter of time until whatever they put into the Ohio drinking water makes it to Michigan...

I foresee DWI and Mike Williams in a story coming to you soon

If someone wants to rip on Grossman, more power to em. I'm not going to whine, piss, and moan the thread to 3 pages as you like to do...

so you only do that in lion threads? awfully big of you :banana:

Here's the facts. Learn to love 'em.

1. Corey Bradford sucks. Always has, always will.

2. Furrey and Martinez are simply secondary receivers and special teams fodder. Ditto Drummond.

3. The Lions will continue to lose if they have these 2nd stringers in the starting lineup. If Martz and Maranelli don't realize that, then they are idiots. I am going to assume they are not (past performance)

4. BMW will be in the starting lineup when it is realized that he is better than the rest.

Case is NOW closed. :headbanger: :pointstosky: :doublethumbsup: :banana:

From Football Guys:

Source: Tom Kowalski, MLive.com

Wide receiver Mike Williams intends to start a new diet in an effort to get down to his target playing weight of 220 pounds. Since training camp started, Williams has routinely been seven to ten pounds overweight and has decided to seek out the help of a nutritionist. A player can be fined up to $400 per pound twice a week for being overweight according to the new CBA. Though the actual amount Williams has been fined is unknown it's possible, given the guidelines, that Williams has been fined anywhere between $16,000 and $24,000 during the last three weeks.

FMW is always good for a laugh. Needs to hire someone to point out the salad bar for him and pull the Ho-Ho's out of his cupboard. Don't the Lydowns have a nutrionist on staff or at least as a consultant?

1. Corey Bradford sucks. Always has, always will.

2. Furrey and Martinez are simply secondary receivers and special teams fodder. Ditto Drummond.

Two schools of thought:

a - Martz made scrubs such as Kevin Curtis, Dane Looker, and Shaun McDonald into half-way serviceable NFL WRs

b - Perhaps Martz sees something in Bradford, Furrey, and Martinez that no one else can see even with the Hubble Telescope, and at some point their respective lack of superior talent will come back to bite this miserable team in the ass.

4. BMW will be in the starting lineup when it is realized that he is better than the rest.

Sure he snagged 30 TDs in college, but a superb collegiate resume does not a great NFL player make. He's yet to show any ability outside of a unique skill to be fashionably late for meetings.

From Football Guys:

Source: Tom Kowalski, MLive.com

Wide receiver Mike Williams intends to start a new diet in an effort to get down to his target playing weight of 220 pounds. Since training camp started, Williams has routinely been seven to ten pounds overweight and has decided to seek out the help of a nutritionist. A player can be fined up to $400 per pound twice a week for being overweight according to the new CBA. Though the actual amount Williams has been fined is unknown it's possible, given the guidelines, that Williams has been fined anywhere between $16,000 and $24,000 during the last three weeks.

FMW is always good for a laugh. Needs to hire someone to point out the salad bar for him and pull the Ho-Ho's out of his cupboard. Don't the Lydowns have a nutrionist on staff or at least as a consultant?

it's not unusual for pro athletes--in any sport--to hire their own trainers and nutrionists. but i'll give you props for the wild-ass spin attempt :thumbsup:

so you only do that in lion threads? awfully big of you :mad:

Every Lions thread, no matter whether I am involved or not, runs 2-3 pages. It's pretty easy to figure out what the common denominator is...

Every Lions thread, no matter whether I am involved or not, runs 2-3 pages. It's pretty easy to figure out what the common denominator is...

yes it is. although you probably run a close second to sho. thanks for the honesty. now shoo.

it's not unusual for pro athletes--in any sport--to hire their own trainers and nutrionists. but i'll give you props for the wild-ass spin attempt :wub:

What spin? That I find it hilarious that it took a year and a half for him to figure out he needs a nutrionist when he was grossly overweight before last year's pre-season? That I wonder if the Lydowns don't have one on staff? That it only took 3 weeks into this pre-season (of fines) for him to figure out that maybe his eating habits need to change?

All I said was that I find it humorous that NOW after all the fines and a lost rookie year he has figured out he needs one. How is what I find funny, "spin?"

And by the way, I still think it's funny. Spin that, spinpuppy.

What spin? That I find it hilarious that it took a year and a half for him to figure out he needs a nutrionist when he was grossly overweight before last year's pre-season? That I wonder if the Lydowns don't have one on staff? That it only took 3 weeks into this pre-season (of fines) for him to figure out that maybe his eating habits need to change?

All I said was that I find it humorous that NOW after all the fines and a lost rookie year he has figured out he needs one. How is what I find funny, "spin?"

And by the way, I still think it's funny. Spin that, spinpuppy.

lol...no spin. let's hope it works out for mike in the future, okay? let's give him year 2 in the league before executing him. how about that? nah, of course you don't want to do that. i understand. you have some deep, emotional, personal hatred of him for some inexplicable reason.

advice: relax. exhale more often. at the end of the year you may have even more reason to go all spazo on mike. maybe not. but it serves you no purpose to risk a heart attack over it right now.

being a slow learner is better than not learning at all. :clap:

Case effin' closed. :thumbsup:

I tried these same arguements...they fell on deaf (and foolish) ears.

i agree that boldin has certainly shown more so far. but that wasn't the point. sho made an unsubstantiated claim about speed.

No...you all made the claim...you all compared him to Boldin. As I said..Boldin has shown he is plenty fast on the field...as have others who clocked poor 40 times. Your point was foolish and ridiculous as ever.

roy has 3 preseason catches; mike has 2. maybe the lions should cut roy, too? :shocking:

I think the obvious point was that you all gushed because of that one reception Mike made. but nice try.

friday, august 18, 2006 weblog for tom kowalski (www.mlive.com)

"Kathy: Tom, I'm curious, considering the Lions drafted Mike Williams because he was "the best athlete available" is there any chance they would try to convert him to tight end?

Tom Kowalski: kathy ... i've had a lot of e-mails about this ... let me say it again ... mike williams is NOT a tight end ... it takes more than size to be a tight end ... "

where have i heard that before? :D

Yes...because kowalski is an expert...and because he said so (no matter how many others said the opposite when he came out)...it must be true.

interesting that you're here but won't come within a country mile of the bears thread where they're discussing rex grossman :D

Shocker...yet another Swamp defelction to the Bears.

lol...no spin. let's hope it works out for mike in the future, okay? let's give him year 2 in the league before executing him. how about that? nah, of course you don't want to do that. i understand. you have some deep, emotional, personal hatred of him for some inexplicable reason.

/quote]

Naw, I love the clown. He makes me laugh.

"advice: relax. exhale more often. at the end of the year you may have even more reason to go all spazo on mike. maybe not. but it serves you no purpose to risk a heart attack over it right now."

He's not that funny that he gives me "spazo" laughter. Altho, he does have great potential.

"being a slow learner is better than not learning at all. thumbup.gif"

I agree. But, taking a year and a half for him to figure out the Ho-Ho diet is not the best for a pro football player is a rather slow learning curve. See, we can agree on things.

"but i'll give you props for the wild-ass spin attempt thumbup.gif"

BTW, still waiting for an answer on what spin I put on the quote I posted from your fav beat writer.

Mike Williams-the next JJ Stokes

Interesting comparison. I remembered Stokes was drafted 10th too, so I took a look at some other WRs drafted 10th overall (not that it means anything, just something I find interesting, like that Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, and Cedric Benson were all the 4th overall pick).

Travis Taylor, BAL

Herman Moore, DET

Al Toon, NYJ

I think you need another vocabularly lesson...earlier you were constantly using "red herring" incorrectly and actually were the one bringing up unrelated things to a conversation...now you prove you have no idea what contradicts means.

Yes...there is a difference between being a WR and a TE...how does that contradict me saying he is ineffective as a WR and some have said he should be a TE? Oh wait...nothing about that is contradicting. Shocker.

Funny...where did I say "any" WR in the nfl can just do that? Oh...thats right...I never did. Nor did I claim he could become one overnight.

But keep up with the spin and delusion...it really is funny.

Difference is...He is just now 229.....2nd....he is slow....much slower than Owens, Boldin, and Chambers.

thought i'd bump this because you obviously have already forgotten what you posted, sho. you were the one here bringing up boldin and the speed thing. you and you alone :thumbsdown:

and tom kowalski isn't an expert? yes, of course we should completely dismiss and discredit a reporter who has been at every mike williams practice and game since he came into the league, and a guy who talks to lion coaches everyday. why should we discredit him? why, because he doesn't think the same way as the mighty sho and his un-named, vague "experts" who claimed somewhere on some late night tv show they thought mike should be a te.

crassic sho! :banana:

i will say your entertainment value is high--predictable, almost in a dangerously dull sense, but still fair entertainment on most days.