Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

ernie sims....

2 series stat line: 2 tackles, 3 assists, 1 sack.

the guy is a force. sheds/avoids blocks well, hits hard, has speed to burn. looking very, very good ;)

just an idp heads-up...

He's one concussion away from being a footnote.

really? he's never missed a game because of that...funny.

He looked awful Arlen Harris is better then him :banana:

he did catch a td pass, which is interesting. but he (and all the lion rbs) needs to stop dancing and just hit the hole.

he did catch a td pass, which is interesting. but he (and all the lion rbs) needs to stop dancing and just hit the hole.

Hole? The Detroit OLine is opening holes? Get me a ticket to Miami womans!! Our OLine is opening holes!!

I don't believe it, even against the Brownies.

OT: I heard CRog's knee was very very minor all week, did he not play because of it? Sounds fishy.....

While he may be....against the Browns....who isn't a beast?

Are you saying the Browns aren't good ? :banana:

:banana:

2 series stat line: 2 tackles, 3 assists, 1 sack.

just an idp heads-up...

Head down you mean, just so he doesn't knock himself out! Looks good but Droughns looked really good agianst DEF.

ROTLMFAO

Swamp poopie starting a thread about Sims because Urlacher returned an int for a TD

"Bitter and jealous" :banana:

riiighhtttt.

i like urlacher. i have no problem with him at all. he's the best chance for the bears to score points.

besides, i owe urlacher an ff championship. picked him up in idp league his rookie year about week 4 and rode him to a championship. the guy's golden with me :banana:

Just had a brilliant idea

Sims, Charles Rogers and Mike Williams for Urlacher. That's 3 (count em ..3) 1st round draft picks for an aging defender

Wadda ya think?

you watching the game?

I do not need to watch the game to know that the Browns are not that good.

I do not need to watch the game to know that the Browns are not that good.

so i guess hawk sucked last week because he was facing a good team? trying to follow your pretzel logic here.

sims played well in space, showed great instincts, stayed at home, came off blocks well to make plays, delayed blitz when the time was right. that's what i noticed. the quality of the opponent is immaterial at this point.

he's a rookie and certainly going to have moments when he looks like a rookie, but he's going to be a good one. he's ahead of the learning curve--or at least ahead of where i'd thought he'd be at this early juncture.

other game notes (since we didn't have a game thread):

--roy looked great. give him the next two games off. he's ready.

--furrey blows. martz is simply using him for mind game purposes. at the very least, drummond is vastly superior and will see lots of slot duty.

--mike williams looked good when he was in there. again.

--kevin jones? blah tonight. when he was running the ball i thought i swore i saw mooch on the sideline calling his plays. he did catch a short pass for a td, which is worth noting.

--the defense has some work to do. then again, i didn't recognize the names of half of these guys.

so i guess hawk sucked last week because he was facing a good team? trying to follow your pretzel logic here.

sims played well in space, showed great instincts, stayed at home, came off blocks well to make plays, delayed blitz when the time was right. that's what i noticed. the quality of the opponent is immaterial at this point.

he's a rookie and certainly going to have moments when he looks like a rookie, but he's going to be a good one. he's ahead of the learning curve--or at least ahead of where i'd thought he'd be at this early juncture.

--furrey blows. martz is simply using him for mind game purposes. at the very least, drummond is vastly superior and will see lots of slot duty.

--kevin jones? blah tonight. when he was running the ball i thought i swore i saw mooch on the sideline calling his plays. he did catch a short pass for a td, which is worth noting.

--the defense has some work to do. then again, i didn't recognize the names of half of these guys.

Is it the play calling SD or the way he runs the play?? I didn't see this game so I am curious... is he at least attacking the line?

Is it the play calling SD or the way he runs the play?? I didn't see this game so I am curious... is he at least attacking the line?

no, he did not attack the line at all. he tried running a couple of sweeps. other times he had happy feet and danced around in the backfield trying to find the big hole (which wasn't there) instead of putting his head down and moving forward.

perplexing--because he was doing all of those things well last week.

pinner came in and did 6 for 40. granted, it was the second half and against different defenders...but come on.

A. I have not said a thing about Hawk. Sad that once again you must deflect to the Packers in order to try and defend a foolish post about a guy in a preaseason game against one of the worst teams in the league. Is this about Hawk and the Packers...or Sims against eh Browns?

Mike Williams had his one catch...great. Pro Bowl here he comes :D

no, he did not attack the line at all. he tried running a couple of sweeps. other times he had happy feet and danced around in the backfield trying to find the big hole (which wasn't there) instead of putting his head down and moving forward.

perplexing--because he was doing all of those things well last week.

KJ is inconsistent. He can't keep himself in the groove. It is disappointing because he has great strength, busrt, speed, a spin move, and the ability to shed tackles.

A. I have not said a thing about Hawk. Sad that once again you must deflect to the Packers in order to try and defend a foolish post about a guy in a preaseason game against one of the worst teams in the league. Is this about Hawk and the Packers...or Sims against eh Browns?

Mike Williams had his one catch...great. Pro Bowl here he comes :lol:

whoa, slow down. you gonna swallow mike's ######, too? relax: my advice to you is the same as it's been for everyone: give mike this year before making any grand predictions or lopping off his head.

pretty good advice, eh? you're welcome :doh:

the lions are about where i figured they'd be as a team, overall. i've seen nothing in these two games that makes me think they'll do better or worse than i thought heading into this year (3rd place).

KJ is inconsistent. He can't keep himself in the groove. It is disappointing because he has great strength, busrt, speed, a spin move, and the ability to shed tackles.

KJ is not a sideline to sideline RB and it seems that the Lions continue to try and make him into one by running these sweeps. He doesn't have the speed to get to the corners yet (As Swamp mentioned) they keep calling these plays that remind you of the Mariucci era. Square peg, round hole.

Keep KJ between the tackles where he belongs and if you want to try and test the edges, bring in Bryson or Calhoun.

KJ is not a sideline to sideline RB and it seems that the Lions continue to try and make him into one by running these sweeps. He doesn't have the speed to get to the corners yet (As Swamp mentioned) they keep calling these plays that remind you of the Mariucci era. Square peg, round hole.

Keep KJ between the tackles where he belongs and if you want to try and test the edges, bring in Bryson or Calhoun.

martz seemed pissed at kj last night (turned his back on him at one point when he came to the sideline). i wonder how much of that last night was kj making the decision to go outside? he certainly danced around a lot back there--which is all on him.

in week 1 the play calling and execution were there. my own hunch is that last night was on the players, kj in particular: a lapse back into old, bad habits. the running offense--and the run defense--need work. no question.

a positive in the passing game was kitna's 111.1 passer rating last night in the first half.

whoa, slow down. you gonna swallow mike's ######, too? relax: my advice to you is the same as it's been for everyone: give mike this year before making any grand predictions or lopping off his head.

pretty good advice, eh? you're welcome :angry:

If Mike wasnt buried on the 3rd unit, you might get more agreement. He doesnt see the field until the 2nd half of pre season games. This more than anything tells you what the coaches are thinking of him. If he ever does get some play with the 1st unit, then sure, give him a year to prove himself. For now, its realistic to write him off until proven otherwise.

If Mike wasnt buried on the 3rd unit, you might get more agreement. He doesnt see the field until the 2nd half of pre season games. This more than anything tells you what the coaches are thinking of him. If he ever does get some play with the 1st unit, then sure, give him a year to prove himself. For now, its realistic to write him off until proven otherwise.

interesting logic:

pray tell who is "buried" on the bears wr depth chart and not playing until the second half? and have you written off those people? yeah, i thought so. you try to sound reasoned here, but you don't apply the same standards to other players--especially bear players.

again: we know nothing about how the season is going to unfold. preseason depth charts aren't written in stone (gee, i think a bear homer told me that about their rbs at the start of camp). i am not predicting great things for mike williams, but i'm not writing him off already. he gets this year. at the END of it, let's have another discussion. we should know a lot more then.

i'll say the same for the bears vis-a-vis their depth charts and whose "buried" where :rolleyes:

i'll say the same for the bears vis-a-vis their depth charts and whose "buried" where :rolleyes:

The only "buried" player is Mark Bradley, and he's coming off a serious knee injury, not a fattening lunch from OCB.

Agree 100% He needs to prove himself, coaches are cutting him no slack after his nonsense last year.

Agree with Swampy that run defense looked bad against Browns

Marunelli said team "took a step back with Friday's game"

interesting logic:

pray tell who is "buried" on the bears wr depth chart and not playing until the second half? and have you written off those people? yeah, i thought so. you try to sound reasoned here, but you don't apply the same standards to other players--especially bear players.

again: we know nothing about how the season is going to unfold. preseason depth charts aren't written in stone (gee, i think a bear homer told me that about their rbs at the start of camp). i am not predicting great things for mike williams, but i'm not writing him off already. he gets this year. at the END of it, let's have another discussion. we should know a lot more then.

i'll say the same for the bears vis-a-vis their depth charts and whose "buried" where :shocking:

WTF are you talking about? You dont see anyone saying "Let's wait and see what happens with Justin Gage before writing him off".

You're getting lost in your own analogies - spit out what you are trying to say. What does the bears depth chart have to do with anything on this topic?

Agree 100% He needs to prove himself, coaches are cutting him no slack after his nonsense last year.

Agree with Swampy that run defense looked bad against Browns

Marunelli said team "took a step back with Friday's game"

and i likewise can agree with this.

marinelli ripped the linebackers a new one.

The only "buried" player is Mark Bradley, and he's coming off a serious knee injury, not a fattening lunch from OCB.

buried on the depth chart, coming off a serious knee injury...yikes, according to walter and how you interpret these things...the boy's toast. sorry :banana:

but me? i think he was a rookie last year, right? hmm...any second-year wr deserves at least year 2 in the league before making any sort of concrete predictions about him, so i'll certainly give him that :cheers:

WTF are you talking about? You dont see anyone saying "Let's wait and see what happens with Justin Gage before writing him off".

You're getting lost in your own analogies - spit out what you are trying to say. What does the bears depth chart have to do with anything on this topic?

justin gage has had 3 full years in the league to prove himself. *not quite* the same thing as mike williams (or bradley). but even in this particular case, the same thing applies: the depth charts of no team, including the bears, are set in stone after week 2 of the preseason. thus, gage's spot on the depth chart isn't set yet, either (theoritically speaking).

it's dangerous to make definitive statements on any player right now, walter, which, again, is my whole point.

cheers.

here's the latest story (dateline today) on mike. apparently he's hiring a nutrionist. not saying anything here, just providing the latest. there seems to be a lot of people keenly interested in him :rolleyes:

marinelli has had good things to say about mike in his post-game last night, for what it's worth.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.s....xml&coll=1