Sign in to follow this  
DaWeffa

Why is everyone so down on Horn?

High-level observations

- Age. He'll be 35 by season's end.

- Injury. I actually predicted that he would suffer a major breakdown in 2004 (had a great year)...wound up being one year early.

- New offense. This will take some time to learn, translating to a slow start.

- New QB. This will take some time to adjust to, translating to a slow start.

- Reggie. The fans and coaches desire to get him involved heavily in the passing game means less targets for Horn.

ya he is old...but not that old...i think he has at least 2 more seasons in him...i think that basing anything on last seaosn for the saints is just plain silly (katrina...they were practicing in a parking lot for crying out loud)....i think that brees will fit in fine....and i dont think reggie will have a giant impact until the end of the season, if even then....

give me a real reason...

Brees never had that strong of an arm to begin with and now it's surgically repaired.

All the above listed reasons are also valid (whether or not they hold any weight to you personally)

ya he is old...but not that old...i think he has at least 2 more seasons in him...i think that basing anything on last seaosn for the saints is just plain silly (katrina...they were practicing in a parking lot for crying out loud)....i think that brees will fit in fine....and i dont think reggie will have a giant impact until the end of the season, if even then....

give me a real reason...

It's kind of funny. You come in here asking opinions, yet it looks like you already have your mind made up.

It's kind of funny. You come in here asking opinions, yet it looks like you already have your mind made up.

i wasnt asking for opinions...i was saying that i didnt understand why people were down on him and wanted an explaination ...therefore stating my opinion in the original question...

thanks for playing...come again...

mobb deeps is the best answer yet...good point there...

Well, Keenan McCardell, who is 2 years older than Horn, managed to grab 70 receptions for 917 yards and 9 scores last year. Being behind Antonio Gates and possibly LT in the pecking order, McCardell accomplished those numbers with only 107 targets in 16 starts.

With speculation Stallworth won’t even be starting, I don’t see why Horn wouldn’t be the No. 1 for New Orleans this year. As such, he should more than 107 targets.

Sounds like a steal with a 12-team ADP of 5.04 to me.

Well, Keenan McCardell, who is 2 years older than Horn, managed to grab 70 receptions for 917 yards and 9 scores last year. Being behind Antonio Gates and possibly LT in the pecking order, McCardell accomplished those numbers with only 107 targets in 16 starts.

With speculation Stallworth won’t even be starting, I don’t see why Horn wouldn’t be the No. 1 for New Orleans this year. As such, he should more than 107 targets.

Sounds like a steal with a 12-team ADP of 5.04 to me.

:pointstosky:

thank you!!!

it depends what you mean by "down"? I would love horn as my #4 reciever but not as a # 2.

Just like how Jimmy Smith was a steal last year, Joe will be a big steal as my #3 WR in the 5th round.

everyone is down on him because they think they know it all. they say his age, his qb, bush, but in all reality they dont have a clue what horn is going to do this season. Fantasy football is nothing but a crap shoot, you never know what a player is going to do or if he is gonna get hurt. Take there advice and let it go in one ear and out the other.

give me a real reason...

Since when is age not a "real" reason to be concerned about a WR? Only a select few have stayed productive past the age of 35. Plus Stallworth started to come on last season, finally, and could stand to catch more balls this year. I don't see why people think he will lose his job. I think Horn will still be productive, but he's not a clear cut elite #1 WR in fantasy anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would still take him in the middle rounds.

Its more like.....what isn't he doing that is costing him his job?

haha i havent been paying any attention to his situation this year but got him late in my draft, is he just being a jackass or what?

Just like how Jimmy Smith was a steal last year, Joe will be a big steal as my #3 WR in the 5th round.

I will be drafting my real #3 WR or my #3 RB.

What is up with your 49er team that you have in your sig?

haha i havent been paying any attention to his situation this year but got him late in my draft, is he just being a jackass or what?

I think he's always been a JA. And I think the only reason he was getting any love last year was he had a connection with Brooks.

My reseverations with Horn are due in part to age. He's always been a guy who hasn't had the most talent but has made the most of what he has through hard work and good route running. That's a big plus in some ways. You can camoflage a lot of deficits by running good routes, but when he looses a step, it could be a big one. Factor in his injury problems last year, and there are some reasons to be hesitant about him.

That said, it's all relative. If he falls as deep into my draft as some posters are stating, I'd be happy to snag him as a 3 or 4...but still, when forced to pick between a younger player who has upside and a player nearing the end of his career, all things being equal, I'll take the player with upside every time...

Here's why...

FF is all about potential and separation from other teams in your league. As a result, everyone looks for "the next big thing" or the guy who could have his breakout year. Need proof? look at the Bush, Bell, and Addai hype.

With Horn, you know just about what you're going to get, nothing more and probably nothing less. So, a guy who's been above average, but not stellar, for a number of years is going to slip in the draft. He'll end up being a solid value for whoever gets him in 4/5, but he's also not going to vault you to the top of your league. Its the same reason D Driver is falling to the 4th in most drafts. The guy had career highs last year in receptions and yards yet no one is even talking about him.

My advice, keep it quiet, and pick him up in the 5th when no one else is looking.

Mostly it is his age, injury history, new QB, Reggie getting more touches, and mostly that we all got burned by him last year.

I took him in the 4th of an initial dynasty last year (traded him for KWII) and in the 3th of my keeper league last year and got burned in both. I took him at 8.01 of my keeper league this year. Good value if he produces, but I would not have taken him earlier.