Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Rudi @ #5?

He seems to be the safest pick after the big 3 and tiki go this year. Anyone agree or disagree? 1500 yards last year is nothing to sneeze at. Also, stephen jacksons' running style makes him likely to get injured imo.

What say you?

He seems to be the safest pick after the big 3 and tiki go this year. Anyone agree or disagree? 1500 yards last year is nothing to sneeze at. Also, stephen jacksons' running style makes him likely to get injured imo.

What say you?

I picked him up @ #9 so I am pumped, I think #5 is a bit high.

What say you?

I say that #5 is way too early for him.

Based on current events, and considering the situation, #5 is a reasonable spot to take RJ. :thumbsup:

in one draft no ppr, he went 5th and then edge went 6th. in another league i have the 6th pick and am going to pick him if top 5 go lt, lj, sa, tiki, edge

Depending on your league scoring, that's a little high for Rudi. I really think Ronnie Brown is going to shock some people this year. He's got all the tools to be a great back. As long as CPEPP can keep playing like he has in Pre-Season, Ronnie should be able to find some serious holes. He also has a weak run defense schedule. Brown is my pick for the 5th spot this year :banana: , and is especially valuable in PPR leagues..

Just curious why you guys think #5 is too high to pick Rudi this year. He was the 6th best RB in my league last year. Edge was #5 by last year's stats, but we all know the changes Edge must adjust to this year. Rudi has the same offense, same QB, same system. Rudi is a very safe and solid pick at #5. Who would you pick? No matter who you say I could criticize it.

I have either R. Brown or Sjax slated at number 5.. I am leaning towards Brown.. Rudi does not catch enough passes or else he would be higher...

I took him 6th (5th back). I'll tell you why, S-jax is a talent but he seems a bit prone to the mild injuries and he's in a new system. Edge is in PHX, a perenial RB graveyard if ever there was one. I didn't like TIKI (though he was taken 4th) because of his age and he had a TON of touches last season (also, I'm not sold on the Eli hype and I suspect he's gonna have a sophmore slump). Ronnie Brown is a nice pick but he's not played a full season yet in the NFL. Rudi has pulled off 1400 yds and double digit touchdowns each of the last two years. He's in a great offense, with a great line, great wr's and if Palmer come's back, a brilliant qb. Seemed the logical 5th pick. Although, I'll tell you a secret, each of these rb's had a question mark next to their names. I hate that with my first pick. So if the guy right in front of me hadn't of done it, I would have picked Peyton and gone RB RB the next two rounds.

I took him 6th (5th back). I'll tell you why, S-jax is a talent but he seems a bit prone to the mild injuries and he's in a new system. Edge is in PHX, a perenial RB graveyard if ever there was one. I didn't like TIKI (though he was taken 4th) because of his age and he had a TON of touches last season (also, I'm not sold on the Eli hype and I suspect he's gonna have a sophmore slump). Ronnie Brown is a nice pick but he's not played a full season yet in the NFL. Rudi has pulled off 1400 yds and double digit touchdowns each of the last two years. He's in a great offense, with a great line, great wr's and if Palmer come's back, a brilliant qb. Seemed the logical 5th pick. Although, I'll tell you a secret, each of these rb's had a question mark next to their names. I hate that with my first pick. So if the guy right in front of me hadn't of done it, I would have picked Peyton and gone RB RB the next two rounds.

This guy is right on the money...

You sheep miss the forest for the trees.... Yes, you have to rank players in a specific order to determine relative value, but the clear aim in the first round is to avoid a bust. Think Deuce McCallister, Ahman Green.

When every RB after the top 3 (and even they have individual Q marks) has a relatively large question mark, and one guy doesn't, I will skew towards the sure thing.

The relative risk/return profile given that Rudi has a baseline of 1300 yrs, 12 TD's isn't worth the risk that the question mark has a bad answer.

This is why I am high on Rudi.... Ya, maybe you took him #5 when he should be #6 or #7 in most peoples lists, but the only thing that matters is that he is available at that pick, and he definitely won't be available in round #2. So you have your choice. Do you take a Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, or an Edge that have a decent risk of being this years first round flop, or do you lock in first round production?

Everyone is down on Rudi this year. Maybe not down on him, but not high enough to recognize you are paying premium on risk by passing him by in the mid 1st round.

I like S Jax just a little bit more for potential, because if the let him tote the rock 30 times a game he could be a monster. The safer of the 2 is Rudi, cause they will lead in most games and he has a few year history going for him.

It's all risk v. reward. I'd roll with S Jax. But who knows I seem to remember that many (not me) thought Willis McGahee would be a stud last season.

I like S Jax just a little bit more for potential, because if the let him tote the rock 30 times a game he could be a monster. The safer of the 2 is Rudi, cause they will lead in most games and he has a few year history going for him.

It's all risk v. reward. I'd roll with S Jax. But who knows I seem to remember that many (not me) thought Willis McGahee would be a stud last season.

When deciding between SJax and Rudi, the main reason I took Rudi at #5, besides stat history, is his situation is almost identical to last year. According to the team Palmer should be ready by week 1 or 2. Other than the Palmer injury nothing has changed for Rudi. He plays on a winning team with a great offensive line. I think the Rams as a team will suck this year. Their defense puts them behind early most games. They have new coaching, new system, offensive line problems, the list goes on and on. I chose to stay with the safe pick in Rudi.

I took him at 9 also....but 5 is reasonable, considering all the recent developments..I was happy that he fell to me. I was also fortunate enough to get Ronnie Brown at 11. Needless to say, I was stoked.

my 2 cents......

we all know rudi dont catch the ball..ok theres the downside..ok what else is the downside?

NOTHING.

my first pick i didnt want or need any ???????? question marks.....RUDI plays and plays hurt........he plays for one of the better teams..........got great wideouts ...i dont know what else you want..........works for me.....

I took him at 9 also....but 5 is reasonable, considering all the recent developments..I was happy that he fell to me. I was also fortunate enough to get Ronnie Brown at 11. Needless to say, I was stoked.

I would rank Edge ahead of Rudi...Sjax and expecially Brown are too risky for a 1st round pick...dont discount Portis

This guy is right on the money...

You sheep miss the forest for the trees.... Yes, you have to rank players in a specific order to determine relative value, but the clear aim in the first round is to avoid a bust. Think Deuce McCallister, Ahman Green.

When every RB after the top 3 (and even they have individual Q marks) has a relatively large question mark, and one guy doesn't, I will skew towards the sure thing.

The relative risk/return profile given that Rudi has a baseline of 1300 yrs, 12 TD's isn't worth the risk that the question mark has a bad answer.

This is why I am high on Rudi.... Ya, maybe you took him #5 when he should be #6 or #7 in most peoples lists, but the only thing that matters is that he is available at that pick, and he definitely won't be available in round #2. So you have your choice. Do you take a Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, or an Edge that have a decent risk of being this years first round flop, or do you lock in first round production?

Everyone is down on Rudi this year. Maybe not down on him, but not high enough to recognize you are paying premium on risk by passing him by in the mid 1st round.

I also totally agree.

Rudi is the sure thing.

the only guy outside of the big 3 I'd even consider taking ahead of rudi is Ronnie brown. And I'd only consider taking him over rudi if it was a keeper league.... even then... its a tough choice.

no other RB even compares in my opinion.

Rudi is durable, consistant, and in a good offense.

what's not to like about the guy?

IMO Rudi is one of the safest picks.

I think he will give you consistent production. Is he as sexy as some other picks or does he have as much upside? No, but I like consistency and would have no problem taking a low risk Rudi at 5

RUdi only had 4 games last year when he ran over 100 yards (2 of the 4 games against Cleveland). He also had only 2 tds the 1st 8 weeks of the season. Cinny also has a very hard sched. this season. I like Rudi more than S.Jax, Edge or Brown. As a #5 pick owner, I am praying that Tiki will fall to me at #5. I never believe in taking a qb early, but I am think about taking Payton M.

RUdi only had 4 games last year when he ran over 100 yards (2 of the 4 games against Cleveland). He also had only 2 tds the 1st 8 weeks of the season. Cinny also has a very hard sched. this season. I like Rudi more than S.Jax, Edge or Brown. As a #5 pick owner, I am praying that Tiki will fall to me at #5. I never believe in taking a qb early, but I am think about taking Payton M.

This is pretty close to my thinking during my draft this past weekend. I was sitting at 8 and had decided that I really wanted S-Jax this year and thought it was a good possibility he might fall to me. My contingency plan was to either roll the dice and go with Brown or play it safe and go with Rudi.

Well, pick 6- S-Jax. Damn it. Pick 7- Rudi- You muthafockas. Im just about ready to say Ronnie Brown and then I just say Peyton Manning as if I had no control over what I was saying. Its not a bad pick b/c my league is 6 pts all TD's and rewards for completion percentage.

But my starting Rb's are now McGahee and Gore. :doh: .

In hindsight I probably would have gone with Lamont or Brown. I was really high on Brown early but something about Saban repeatedly saying that he likes RBBC just bothers me. I had dropped Lamont in my rankings over the last few weeks but I think that Oaks O-line is improving and they will get Grove (starting C) back in a few weeks. I think that after Rudi, Lamont is the safest pick after the top 4 and in a PPR, he obviously trumps Rudi.

All that said, yeah Rudi is a safe pick but people probably feel like the other players have higher ceilings. Time will tell but here's to Manning going for 50 and them former Canes' RB's surprising people with big #'s this season. :cheers:

I had Rudi last year and he killed my team. Trust me you don't want to be 3-5, then Rudi decides to turn-it-on.

Pray Tiki lands in your lap. If not take Brown.

I'm am sitting on the 6th pick.

Pretture sure Tiki is going #4, and Brown #5 (or so the #5 guy claims)

So I am thinking between Rudi, SJax, and Portis.

League offers 5 pt bonuses for 100 yard games, but is not PPR, and rushing TD's are 10 pts whereas passing and receiving are 5 (lame I know)

Not being PPR helps Rudi. Bonuses help the other guys.

I am stuggling with this pick bigtime.

Portis - most upside and a no brainer if I think he is healthy

Rudi - Safe-Safe-Safe

SJax - 2nd safest, with 2nd most upside?

what to do?