Sign in to follow this  
Spackler

Undervalued Players....

My first pick to top this list is Jake Delhomme....he's the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. Check out his stats from the last few years and the addition of Keyshawn can only help. He'll be a top 4 QB this year yet people are generally giving him little respect in draft rankings so you can get him for a steal.

Out of all the backup RB's 2 stand out as having a great chance of becoming instant fantasy monsters. Lawrence Maroney and Deangelo Williams. Since both are on teams with injury prone starters I would make every effort to draft or trade for these players. I especially think that Deshaun foster will last a few games at most as starter. Injury or bad performance will force him to the bench and Williams will take over on a strong offense & produce the goods.

I have left out obvious backup RB monter potential in Michael Turner & Brandon Jacobs since one would not expect their respective starters to get injured but it pays to obviously handcuff these players.

TE's - My pick of the crop would be Todd Heap for a huge year but he is not really undervalued unless he falls past the 5th TE picked - then snap him up & smile. Next would be Ben Watson but with all the recent hype he is also not really undervalued in most drafts. So my main undervalued tight end pick is Ben Troupe. He's been declared the starting TE in TN and expect him to be a major part of that offense....especially with Kinney's recent injury issues. For a sleeper TE I like the 6'7 former Dawg Leonard Pope....Dennie Green has just named him the starter and he has Gates-like potential.

WR's - this is a tough one. The obvious choice looking at most WR rankings would be Randy Moss. Huge risk huge reward but even with his baggage he seems to be well undervalued at around the 8th wr picked. Heck the consensus among NFL players seems to be that the superfreak is still the best WR around. Also Aaron Brooks loves to sling the long ball, albeit for interceptions mostly, he will still hit Moss early & often.

Which magazine did all this come from, Super Obvious Fantasy Predictions 2006? Lemme guess, it's got Reggie Bush on the cover? That mag is a rip off at $12.99!

Magazines are only for wrapping your "Fish" sandwich...........Delhomme a sleeper????

Spakler, thanks for sharing fella, I noticed it was your first post. Understand that the people here are beyond knowledgeable so it requires diggin much deeper than that. Just a heads up.

That aside, welcome to the world of statistical geeks! :bandana:

Wow - It's confirmed - Fantasy Football boards bring out the greatest A-holes & idiots in the country.

My post was about undervalued players relative to their general draft position not about sleepers! I've participated in quite a few drafts already and Eli Manning, Culpepper Mcnabb and others have been picked before Delhomme. In my opinion this makes Delhomme incredibly undervalued.

If anyone does not agree thats fine. Same applies to the other players I mentioned....I feel they can be added to your team by draft or trade at a better value than the players you would give up or wait/pass in a draft!

Wow - It's confirmed - Fantasy Football boards bring out the greatest A-holes & idiots in the country.
In other related news Man lands on the moon.....oh hey BTW thanks for the heads up on Jake...Drafting tomorrow and he wasn't even on the radar....plays for the Panthers right??? :cheers:

Lol - the lack of basic comprehension among 99% of posters is amusing. Even after I explain the thread I get Uncle Rico asking if Delhomme plays for the panthers.

Relax people the guy just shared his opinion on what he thought were UNDERVALUED players and not sleepers. Of course the players he mentioned are very solid players, he just pointed out some people who might be slipping a little in the drafts.

His post is no worse than all the post where people are jumping on the Lundy and Maroney bandwagon.

Lol - the lack of basic comprehension among 99% of posters is amusing. Even after I explain the thread I get Uncle Rico asking if Delhomme plays for the panthers.
Like "Uncle Rico" I bet you wish you could go back in time... ya know before you started this thread stating the obvious. :cheers: Have a nice labor day

Actually Uncle Rico I think fantasy leagues are won by drafting or trading wisely this is why such opinions, if correct, are so valuable.

For example since I value Delhomme so highly I would suggest trading him for a QB ranked ahead of him and maybe get some extra value with it....

e.g. Getting Delhomme + Deangelo Williams for Eli Manning & J. Addai. In my opinion if you could get Delhomme & Williams for Manning & Addai it would be an unbelievable trade. Yet this trade would not be out of the realm of possibility since Manning is generally ranked in front of Delhomme. I could mention a ton of similar trade scenarios in which one could take advantage of undervalued players to obtain an advantage in a trade. This is how Fantasy football leagues are won and lost.....

I've been playing Fantasy football for 10 years and have always been competitive. Not surprising that these board wannabee's see a rookie poster and feel the urge to prove themselves with ignorant comments. There are plenty of experts here who would backup my post.

hey spackler. just realize that most the geeks on this site r total d*ckheads and think they know everything, and spend the bulk of their time on this board. just keep sharing ur opinions. delhomme was a little obvious, but i see what ur saying about value and id want him over eli and daunte and guys like that.

hey spackler. just realize that most the geeks on this site r total d*ckheads and think they know everything, and spend the bulk of their time on this board. just keep sharing ur opinions. delhomme was a little obvious, but i see what ur saying about value and id want him over eli and daunte and guys like that.

Wait a minute....are you saying we DONT know everything?

Which magazine did all this come from, Super Obvious Fantasy Predictions 2006? Lemme guess, it's got Reggie Bush on the cover? That mag is a rip off at $12.99!

:rolleyes:

Spackles, yes, this board is full of arrogant a holes but it's called toughlove- we need a certain level of quality in posts. Any one of us can read this type of post on yahoo sports or the Cbssportsline mail bag.

BTW - I'm not suggesting you draft Delhomme in front of Peyton, Brady, Hass, Palmer. But since I believe he will surpasss all these QB's(Well maybe not Peyton) my suggestion is to take advantage in the difference in perceived value. So if you drafted Brady, Hass, Palmer, Bulger I would suggest trading any of these higher value QB's for Delhome in a mutiplayer trade and getting some better secondary value out of the trade. If you do not think that Delhomme will match these QB's then obviously this thread would not apply to you.

The same applies to the backup RB's I mentioned. This might sound ridiculous but I suggest trading Williams or Maroney for the starting backs on their respective teams and you might get some extra value with the trade. I don't see Foster or Dillon lasting for more than a few weeks yet almost everyone would value Dillon/Foster well ahead of their backups.

For example, in a friends league(IDP league) he had drafted Deshaun Foster. So I suggested he attempt to trade and he did.......Deshaun Foster & Andra Davis for Deangelo Williams and Keith Bullock. I thought he made off like a bandit....Davis is solid in IDP leagues but Bullock is a beast. So the extra value he got out of the Bullock acquisition trumps the temporary advantage that Deshaun might offer. And then if/when Williams becomes the primary RB the trade will look incredible. Of course if you're hanging onto the rickety Deshaun wagon then this might not seem like a great deal to you. In fact I would have traded Deshaun or Dillon for even a lesser added value in the secondary trade(s). Heck Wali Lundy has far more value than Williams/Maroney at the moment so one might offer Lundy in some sorta trade deal. The variations are endless.

In my opinion this is how leagues are won and lost.....taking advantage of general perceptions/consensus values. How well you do will eventually depend on your value predictions. This is what makes fantasy football so much fun, everyone has a different opinion some more often correct than others. For those who still cannot understand the intention of this thread stick with the espn rankings and good luck with your leagues & yes Jake Delhomme is highly rated on almost all rankings - now that is stating the obvious. On the other hand for those who are confident Delhomme will outperform his higher valued counterparts then go out and make it happen....do the same with Williams, Maroney or anyone else you feel is undervalued compared with the general consensus of players ranked ahead.

I do like Delhomme, but this year QB's values are in the eye of the bedrafter!

I don't see a big difference between Eli, Delhomme, Warner, Brady, Hasselbeck.....so I think Delhomme will get drafted in the third rd in one league...and the seventh round the next draft. QB's are just too close this year after Peyton.

Some guys I think are undervalued:

David Givens, finally gets chance to shine in regular season....picked after 10th rd.

Antonio Bryant, has good chemistry with Smith.....7-10th round pick

Todd Heap I agree with your assesment.

Fred Taylor/Jamal Lewis/Ahman Green one of these three has a great chance to put up very good numbers this year. Possibly #1 fantasy rb numbers (#1 on a team....not overall) and someone is gonna walk away with a 5th to 7th round pick that could be a fantasy stud!

Mark Brunell. He has more weapons this year and could put up close to 30 TD's and 4000 yds....he would have to stay healthy of course, but I think it's very possible. He is usually about the 17-22 qb taken.

Ignore all the "Haters". There was nothing wrong with the Thread or the Post. Most first timers ask "Rate my Draft". You put something out there and added some color. No need to be defensive. I'm about to draft in my third league tonight. This is a small $ league at work, so I'm playing with pigeons, but not for alot of dough. I am going to try and pick up a few of the players you brought up. Can't hurt and it will add balance to my other league teams. Good Luck to you this year.

I do like Delhomme, but this year QB's values are in the eye of the bedrafter!

I don't see a big difference between Eli, Delhomme, Warner, Brady, Hasselbeck.....so I think Delhomme will get drafted in the third rd in one league...and the seventh round the next draft. QB's are just too close this year after Peyton.

Some guys I think are undervalued:

David Givens, finally gets chance to shine in regular season....picked after 10th rd.

Antonio Bryant, has good chemistry with Smith.....7-10th round pick

Todd Heap I agree with your assesment.

Fred Taylor/Jamal Lewis/Ahman Green one of these three has a great chance to put up very good numbers this year. Possibly #1 fantasy rb numbers and someone is gonna walk away with a 5th to 7th round pick that could be a fantasy stud!

Mark Brunell. He has more weapons this year and could put up close to 30 TD's and 4000 yds....he would have to stay healthy of course, but I think it's very possible. He is usually about the 17-22 qb taken.

Cuse - good reply, This is the type of reply people might learn from instead of the infantile childish banter posted so far. The Delhomme value/diff obviously depends on the league but many do consider especially Manning, Brady, Hass, Bulger, Mcnabb to have more value than Jake. Not sure I'm sold on Taylor, Lewis or Green, mainly because of their recent injury history but you could be right. Even a small perceived value of a top player can be a huge factor in a trade.

Out of interest what do you guys think about Randy Moss? If one would trade Moss for Smith or Holt....what type of secondary value could one obtain in that trade. I actually drafted Holt in one of my leagues but have put him up on the trade block since I now believe there is no reason to think that Moss won't be the top WR this year. I've offered Holt, Norwood for Moss, Williams....that extra value for Williams make it more than worth it for me if accepted.

Cuse - good reply, This is the type of reply people might learn from instead of the infantile childish banter posted so far. The Delhomme value/diff obviously depends on the league but many do consider especially Brady, Hass, Bulger and some other to have substantially more value than Jake. Not sure I'm sold on Taylor, Lewis or Green, mainly because of their recent injury history but you could be right.

Out of interest what do you guys think about Randy Moss? If one would trade Moss for Smith or Holt....what type of secondary value could one obtain in that trade. I actually drafted Holt in one of my leagues but have put him up on the trade block since I now believe there is no reason to think that Moss won't be the top WR this year. I've offered Holt, Norwood for Moss, Williams....that extra value for Williams make it more than worth it for me if accepted.

The Green/Lewis/Taylor value is based on the fact they are being drafted as #3 backs on teams....so there is minimal risk involved in the pick based on when they are drafted.

I really like Delhomme. He was ranked as my #4 qb this year. I didn't get him in any league because I usually didn't take QB's early.

Randy still gets top wr respect. Owners usually are afraid to trade him because it's not unlikely that he will return to form this season. 1400+ yards and 15 TD's is not out of the question and 1000 yds and 10 TD's is the worst you'll get out of this guy.....even if he's hurt like last year. The trade offer you proposed is basically a preference trade. Moss for Holt....superb consistancy for potential for record breaking year.

Norwood for Williams.....both have looked stellar in pre season, but both are back ups til further notice.

Myself....I would rather have Holt and Norwood. I love Holts consistancy. Norwood looks like he could become a top tier fantasy stud in the years to come.

You're better off not responding to those kind of replies. It usually leads to the thread going off track. If you respond to the people that actually offer something insightful, you are more likely to get worthwhile responses and your thread will hopefully serve the purpose you originally intended.

In regards to Delhomme, I don't see him finishing among the Top 4. I think 8-12 is the range he is more likely to fall. He's an excellent back-up QB and a capable starter, but if I had him as my Top QB, I'd want another QB I felt good about so I could play the match-ups throughout the season.

The system Jon Fox runs will ultimately limit the production you will see from Delhomme. In the past three seasons (since he's been a starter), Delhomme has only attempted more than 450 passes once. It's also the only season he has thrown for more than 3,425 yards. That was the 2004 campaign in which the Panthers suffered serious injuries at RB and on the defensive side of the ball. Fox was forced to use his FB, Nick Goings, as the primary ball carrier and as a result, needed to rely more heavily on Delhomme's arm than he normally would have. The injuries to the defense also meant more passing situations for the offense. Without the defense shutting teams down, the Panthers had to pass a bit more to keep putting points on the board.

The additions of KeyShawn Johnson and DeAngelo Williams should benefit Delhomme, but I don't expect it to change Fox's philosophy. The Panthers will still rely on a stout defense coupled with a strong ground game and effective passing game to win. I think the addition of KeyShawn gives Delhomme another reliable receiver, but ultimately I think it will result in Steve Smith seeing less looks and some of his 103 receptions and 1,563 yards just get swung over to KeyShawn. You may see Delhomme's TD total rise a bit, but I wouldn't expect a big jump in his passing yards.

The Green/Lewis/Taylor value is based on the fact they are being drafted as #3 backs on teams....so there is minimal risk involved in the pick based on when they are drafted.

I really like Delhomme. He was ranked as my #4 qb this year. I didn't get him in any league because I usually didn't take QB's early.

Randy still gets top wr respect. Owners usually are afraid to trade him because it's not unlikely that he will return to form this season. 1400+ yards and 15 TD's is not out of the question and 1000 yds and 10 TD's is the worst you'll get out of this guy.....even if he's hurt like last year. The trade offer you proposed is basically a preference trade. Moss for Holt....superb consistancy for potential for record breaking year.

Norwood for Williams.....both have looked stellar in pre season, but both are back ups til further notice.

Myself....I would rather have Holt and Norwood. I love Holts consistancy. Norwood looks like he could become a top tier fantasy stud in the years to come.

Cuse, the difference between Norwood & Williams is that Dunn is healthy and unlikely to be replaced. On the other hand Foster is injury prone and not that impressive running the ball. The slight diff in perceived fantasy value that most will realise from Holt over Moss(As you do) might be the tipping point in the other team accepting the trade. The basis of many of my picks is the likelyhood of a backup becoming a primary starter which, in my opinion, is only a matter of time in New England & Carolina.

I would not risk drafting Green, Lewis or Taylor because of their injury history. Lewis does not even look like he'll last past the opener. In fact his backup Smith or Anderson might be a bargain. The injury risk of these backs, in my opinion, lessens their value.

Cuse, the difference between Norwood & Williams is that Dunn is healthy and unlikely to be replaced. On the other hand Foster is injury prone and not that impressive running the ball. The slight diff in perceived fantasy value that most will realise from Holt over Moss(As you do) might be the tipping point in the other team accepting the trade. The basis of many of my picks is the likelyhood of a backup becoming a primary starter which, in my opinion, is only a matter of time in New England & Carolina.

Woah....back up the truck Chuck!

Dunn 31......nursing a groin injury.

Foster 26.....totally healthy.

Foster is the best back in Carolina...he does it all. "Not that impressive running the ball"!! I think he is very impressive. He had some big games last year. Now that he is the holder of the starting job. I think we can expect a big year for him. His injury history is a major concern...I'll give you that. Williams looks good, but not as good as Norwood. Foster is also entering the prime of his career.

Dunn has a been a solid rb for quite awhile. This year he will be asked to do alot....more than every before....with his size it's a concern that he can stay healthy. He hasn't had to carry the load like he will this year. Norwood looks like the real deal in ATL, so if Dunn would go down, Norwood will put up crazy stats in that run first offense. Factor in Dunns age, this is when rb's usally take a major drop off in their careers.

If both stay healthy I think Foster will have the bigger year. What's crazy is (I think this is contradicting somewhat) if Deangelo and Norwood both took over week ?2? I think Norwood would have a much better year.

But hey who knows........Mike Vick could outrush all four of them!?

You're better off not responding to those kind of replies. It usually leads to the thread going off track. If you respond to the people that actually offer something insightful, you are more likely to get worthwhile responses and your thread will hopefully serve the purpose you originally intended.

In regards to Delhomme, I don't see him finishing among the Top 4. I think 8-12 is the range he is more likely to fall. He's an excellent back-up QB and a capable starter, but if I had him as my Top QB, I'd want another QB I felt good about so I could play the match-ups throughout the season.

The system Jon Fox runs will ultimately limit the production you will see from Delhomme. In the past three seasons (since he's been a starter), Delhomme has only attempted more than 450 passes once. It's also the only season he has thrown for more than 3,425 yards. That was the 2004 campaign in which the Panthers suffered serious injuries at RB and on the defensive side of the ball. Fox was forced to use his FB, Nick Goings, as the primary ball carrier and as a result, needed to rely more heavily on Delhomme's arm than he normally would have. The injuries to the defense also meant more passing situations for the offense. Without the defense shutting teams down, the Panthers had to pass a bit more to keep putting points on the board.

The additions of KeyShawn Johnson and DeAngelo Williams should benefit Delhomme, but I don't expect it to change Fox's philosophy. The Panthers will still rely on a stout defense coupled with a strong ground game and effective passing game to win. I think the addition of KeyShawn gives Delhomme another reliable receiver, but ultimately I think it will result in Steve Smith seeing less looks and some of his 103 receptions and 1,563 yards just get swung over to KeyShawn. You may see Delhomme's TD total rise a bit, but I wouldn't expect a big jump in his passing yards.

I am not too concerned about his yardage as most leagues the points derived from QB TD's is the most important point factor & Delhomme throws a ton of Td's. With Keyshawn he might surpass last years TD total. I have a feeling Fox will let the offense open up a little more this year to the extent of 3500yds and 30td's. I think those extra attempts in 2004 were the result of a few close shootouts - I remember Goings piling up the yardage that year....don't thinked they stopped running the ball effectively. In fact it was last year that they had some problems running the rock which actually contributed to a decrease in Jake's passing attempts. But this year with Williams the run should be more effective and might open up the passing game even more. This is why analyzing such stats is difficult. Anyway I'm banking on Jake but you could be right.

Woah....back up the truck Chuck!

Dunn 31......nursing a groin injury.

Foster 26.....totally healthy.

Foster is the best back in Carolina...he does it all. "Not that impressive running the ball"!! I think he is very impressive. He had some big games last year. Now that he is the holder of the starting job. I think we can expect a big year for him. His injury history is a major concern...I'll give you that. Williams looks good, but not as good as Norwood. Foster is also entering the prime of his career.

Dunn has a been a solid rb for quite awhile. This year he will be asked to do alot....more than every before....with his size it's a concern that he can stay healthy. He hasn't had to carry the load like he will this year. Norwood looks like the real deal in ATL, so if Dunn would go down, Norwood will put up crazy stats in that run first offense. Factor in Dunns age, this is when rb's usally take a major drop off in their careers.

If both stay healthy I think Foster will have the bigger year. What's crazy is (I think this is contradicting somewhat) if Deangelo and Norwood both took over week ?2? I think Norwood would have a much better year.

But hey who knows........Mike Vick could outrush all four of them!?

I think the difference is the extent of the Injuries. Whereas Dunn's previous groin injury was not major, Foster's knee surgeries present far more problems for a RB. You're right that Dunn is pushing the upper age limit for a RB but he is in great shape and his lightweight smaller frame lessens the wear & tear on his body. There is also a thread in this forum chronicling Foster's injury history and his far from stellar career so far. Compare that to Dunn's injury history will show the difference in durability over the last few years. Not to say that Norwood would not be spectacular but the chances of him taking over are far less than Williams' chance of surpassing Foster. I had foster last year and had to costantly read of his swollen knee keeping him off the practice field.

Foster is not that impressive running the ball.

:sleep:

Foster stays healthy he is a top 5 back IMO. You can't predict injury. Every year is different and every year players will get injured. And every year we don't know who they will be.

I do agree that Delhome and Moss are undervalued. I believe that TO is way undervalued.

I believe that TO is way undervalued.

True. Assuming that he plays the entire year, his value cannot get any lower than it is right now. As soon as he catches his first TD, that will all change. If you can manage the headache (which I think is over, for now), TO is going to produce. It's weird that he is "completely healthy" now.

:cheers:

Foster stays healthy he is a top 5 back IMO. You can't predict injury. Every year is different and every year players will get injured. And every year we don't know who they will be.

I do agree that Delhome and Moss are undervalued. I believe that TO is way undervalued.

Agreed I think TO and Moss are similarly undervalued. Even T.O. must realise that this is absolutely his last chance or he'll be out of football forever. The only thinkg that might worry me is that lingering hammy injury.

I think the difference is the extent of the Injuries. Whereas Dunn's previous groin injury was not major, Foster's knee surgeries present far more problems for a RB. You're right that Dunn is pushing the upper age limit for a RB but he is in great shape and his lightweight smaller frame lessens the wear & tear on his body. There is also a thread in this forum chronicling Foster's injury history and his far from stellar career so far. Compare that to Dunn's injury history will show the difference in durability over the last few years. Not to say that Norwood would not be spectacular but the chances of him taking over are far less than Williams' chance of surpassing Foster. I had foster last year and had to costantly read of his swollen knee keeping him off the practice field.

Foster's knee surgeries? I think he's only had one knee surgery, and that was almost 4yrs ago, in 2002. It's not his knee that worries people. It's that he randomly breaks a bone in his body almost every year. Far as I know, he only missed one reg season game last year, so if you're banking on him just suddenly getting injured...well, don't hold your breath, it might be a while.

spackler, because you're new here there are a few things you have to realize about the people on this bored:

1. They all drive porsches and live in million dollar homes.

2. They all won their league superbowls last year, and had high points in the one they didn't.

3. Their wives are all supermodels.

4. They're all 6'2", 195lbs and work out 4 hours every day.

as soon as you figure all this out you can understand the responses.

This is from uubee's post in a Deshaun Foster specific thread...

"-He's played in 33 of a poossible 64 regular season games. You have clearly discounted his 1st season where he missed all games due to injury. He also missed most of his sophmore year at UCLA with ankle problems. He is more than just prone.

-He's never carried the ball more than 205 times in a season. Given he has never survived a single season in 4 years (as a part time back), how is he going to handle 300+ carries and not get hurt? He has never carried the full load. It's a major concern.

-He has 4 rushing TD's in as many years. He hasn't proved he can be the goaline back. To say Stephen Davis is gone is to assume Foster will pick up all those TD's. I don't happen to believe the coach speak. I think Williams/Goings will pilfer some.

-Despite being named "the guy", you have to expect the Panthers to platoon even a little with DeAngelo Williams. If not more of RBBC eventually.

-Given his history for missing games, It's easy to see that Williams could take the starting gig from him when he goes down.

-If you take Foster, you almost are forced to grab Williams 2-3 rounds later as a handcuff.

-In 2005, he had 8 games(out of 15) where he averaged less than 4 yds per carry. Then bust off a huge 5+ yard per carry game. Consistency is a major concern in FF. "

Yes - Deshaun has had the broken bones injuries especially the ankle but he has also had major knee issues in the past which are always tough to overcome. Like I said I recall on numerous occasions reading about Fosters' pregame status last year that he had some swelling in his knee so was held out of practice. In 2002 he had microfracture knee surgery - I don't think anyone has recovered from this surgery and lasted too long as a productive back regardless of age.

Good post Spackler. I agree the majority of the so-called fantasy football experts who reply the way some have - are just idiots.

As far as Delhomme, I didn't draft him but he is clearly undervalued. It always puzzles me when a WR like Steve Smith can go #1 among all WR's, but his QB not be drafted until 7th, 8th or 9th rounds. Someone has got to get Steve Smith the ball, and it wont be Chris Weinke.

As far as Delhomme, I didn't draft him but he is clearly undervalued. It always puzzles me when a WR like Steve Smith can go #1 among all WR's, but his QB not be drafted until 7th, 8th or 9th rounds. Someone has got to get Steve Smith the ball, and it wont be Chris Weinke.

Maybe it is because last year, when Steve Smith was the #1 WR in fantasy- Delhomme finished as the 12th best QB. The year before Mushin was the #1 WR in fantasy- Delhomme finished as the 7th best QB. Right now Jake (according to Antsports) is on average the 9th QB taken. The addition of Keyshawn, emergence of Carter, and loss of Davis could push Delhomme up. Or he could stay somewhere between 7-12...like 9. It seems to me that he is being taken exactly where belongs.

Maybe it is because last year, when Steve Smith was the #1 WR in fantasy- Delhomme finished as the 12th best QB. The year before Mushin was the #1 WR in fantasy- Delhomme finished as the 7th best QB. Right now Jake (according to Antsports) is on average the 9th QB taken. The addition of Keyshawn, emergence of Carter, and loss of Davis could push Delhomme up. Or he could stay somewhere between 7-12...like 9. It seems to me that he is being taken exactly where belongs.

In 2005 He was tied 4th in TD's thrown. The QB's who threw for more TD's were Palmer, Manning & Brady. For reasons mentioned above expect better yardage gains and also expects more TD's. Also remember Brady has lost Branch & Palmer's knee is still a little questionable.

In 2005 He was tied 4th in TD's thrown. The QB's who threw for more TD's were Palmer, Manning & Brady. For reasons mentioned above expect better yardage gains and also expects more TD's. Also remember Brady has lost Branch & Palmer's knee is still a little questionable.

I agree there are certainly reasons for which Delhomme could see an increase in stats and others could see a decrease. Those reasons exist for every single player in the NFL. I like Delhomme and think he will do well, but I don't think he deserves to be overwhelmingly taken higher then 9th. Theres Manning1, Manning2, McNabb, Palmer, Bledsoe, Bulger, Culpepper, Brady, Hassleback, Brooks, Warner and Plummer. Each one has some very sound arguements as to why they will have a better year then Delhomme.

Maybe you should read that magazine, your team looks like crap.

Do yourself a favor ad don't list it. :D

Delhomme is a solid QB2 with QB1 upside.

I have seen him going as the last starter or top 3 backup QB taken in every draft. I had him 2 years ago and when my starter went down he was money in the bank for 250/2 every week without many Ints.

He is the poor man's Tom Brady and now he has another receiver in Keyshawn. Perfect fit, and one of the best signings of the off-season.

The only thing I don't like about Delhomme is that IMO the Panthers really, really want to run the ball. They want to run it so badly they turned Nick Goings, their 3rd or 4th option, into a fantasy commodity. Now that they have a healthy Foster (knock on wood) and a reliable beast of a back behind him in Williams, that team will run the ball. Fox will pass - he knows what a weapon Smith is. But IMO they will pass a LOT less than they did last year. PPR leagues, Steve Smith might be overrated this year as Key will take some, and there will be less passing in general. If I recall, Fox likes about a 60-40 pass/run, but injuries have forced the Panthers to play differently the last couple years.

But in less throws, they might have better production. A good run game is gold for a "home run" passing game.

So I agree - Delhomme is a good pick as a "sleeper" - he's known, but underrated. I still consider that a sleeper, so don't listen to those jerks - welcome. :lol:

I will offer my own list since the resident trolls successfully derailed this topic to the point that no one's suggested any other players.

:D

1. Antonio Bryant: PPR m-o-n-s-t-e-r. shhhhh, he's gone in the late 6th/early 7th in PPR leagues I'm in. TDs might be lean at first, but the team will be passing a LOT and Smith has Bryant on a rope. He's big, fast, and hungry - he goes up and gets the ball. Hope his attitude stays positive, because there's no way that CLE or DAL should have let this guy walk.

2. Terrell Owens: The hate on Owens has clouded people's memory. His preseason was relatively uneventful, and apparently he was out doing 2-a-days with Bledsoe today. He was reported to have looked good. Some may continue to spin all that into a negative - I prefer to recall that when Owens plays he scores TDs. 21 in 20 games. Keep saying that. Last week at the peak of the ESPN hate-sturbation marathon I got TO at 4.07. Yesterday at 3.08 after 9 WRs were taken. Owens is going to be a beast this year, and I believe many people will regret passing on him. Love him or hate him, he will produce for your team and if you believe in Value Based Drafting at all, I don't see how you can pass him up anywhere past the 2nd round.

3. Lee Evans: Bills will be down a lot and Evans is a beast. I have he & Matt Jones neck & neck - slight edge to Evans with the Bills' passing game looking good of late and the fact that JAX has a much better D. Bills will be passing a lot and Evans is a home run threat. In leagues that reward long TDs, he's an especially sneaky pick, as they do occasionally toss up the bomb for Evans. Again, not a sleeper - just a good value.

All 3 of these receivers seem to be an excellent value this year...

BTW - I'm not suggesting you draft Delhomme in front of Peyton, Brady, Hass, Palmer. But since I believe he will surpasss all these QB's(Well maybe not Peyton) my suggestion is to take advantage in the difference in perceived value. So if you drafted Brady, Hass, Palmer, Bulger I would suggest trading any of these higher value QB's for Delhome in a mutiplayer trade and getting some better secondary value out of the trade. If you do not think that Delhomme will match these QB's then obviously this thread would not apply to you.

The same applies to the backup RB's I mentioned. This might sound ridiculous but I suggest trading Williams or Maroney for the starting backs on their respective teams and you might get some extra value with the trade. I don't see Foster or Dillon lasting for more than a few weeks yet almost everyone would value Dillon/Foster well ahead of their backups.

For example, in a friends league(IDP league) he had drafted Deshaun Foster. So I suggested he attempt to trade and he did.......Deshaun Foster & Andra Davis for Deangelo Williams and Keith Bullock. I thought he made off like a bandit....Davis is solid in IDP leagues but Bullock is a beast. So the extra value he got out of the Bullock acquisition trumps the temporary advantage that Deshaun might offer. And then if/when Williams becomes the primary RB the trade will look incredible. Of course if you're hanging onto the rickety Deshaun wagon then this might not seem like a great deal to you. In fact I would have traded Deshaun or Dillon for even a lesser added value in the secondary trade(s). Heck Wali Lundy has far more value than Williams/Maroney at the moment so one might offer Lundy in some sorta trade deal. The variations are endless.

In my opinion this is how leagues are won and lost.....taking advantage of general perceptions/consensus values. How well you do will eventually depend on your value predictions. This is what makes fantasy football so much fun, everyone has a different opinion some more often correct than others. For those who still cannot understand the intention of this thread stick with the espn rankings and good luck with your leagues & yes Jake Delhomme is highly rated on almost all rankings - now that is stating the obvious. On the other hand for those who are confident Delhomme will outperform his higher valued counterparts then go out and make it happen....do the same with Williams, Maroney or anyone else you feel is undervalued compared with the general consensus of players ranked ahead.

damn r ur wrists sore?? Keep up the good work :D