Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

What is most important to women

I'm of the belief that 'The Right One' just comes along at the moment one least expects it.

Horsesh!t. The people who stop looking die surrounded by zero humans and 87 cats.

Horsesh!t. The people who stop looking die surrounded by zero humans and 87 cats.

:bandana: :banana:

reminder to self to NEVER get a cat

Here's the deal:

Since there are only a minute % of men that meet the criteria of what women want to date, those "Mr. Right" men can be as picky as they want.

I totally agree with you here. There's something like 3 single girls to every single guy here in Austin and it seems some girl is getting the guy. Eh, if he chose someone else, it wasn't right to begin with. No biggie, but it is disappointing.

And I honestly don't think women really care for money anymore in general. It's all about looks and attitude these days. They would take an average salary runway model over a six figure average looking guy any day of the week.

Looks aren't as important as chemistry. He doesn't have to be all the way up there in looks as long as there's mutual attraction. Then there's the part about not being stark raving mad or an ######. I haven't found a "model" that offers all of these ammenities yet.

I'd rather be single than lead someone on that I know isn't going to go anywhere. Just not into games.

Looks aren't as important as chemistry. He doesn't have to be all the way up there in looks as long as there's mutual attraction. Then there's the part about not being stark raving mad or an ######. I haven't found a "model" that offers all of these ammenities yet.

I'd rather be single than lead someone on that I know isn't going to go anywhere. Just not into games.

Unfortunately, chemistry is not always an instantaneous reaction. You have to have a conversation and spend a couple minutes with someone at the least to see if it is there. Too many times people don't want to take that couple minutes if the person is not 'up to par' in the looks department, especailly in the atrocious bar/club singles places. The guys that do well in those settings are generally 1) way above average in looks and 2) know how to make the first 10 seconds count when saying 'hi' or bumping into someone they want, usually by being overly confident & forward.

I have put looks down more than a few pegs on my 'desire' list with women. Non crazy with no major mental issues is numero uno nowadays. Surprisingly that has cut the pool down farther than looks ever did.

But I wouldn't complain about having a Mr. Right Now... :D

:banana: I'm here baby!!!!!! :banana:

What you've said is "true", but... You can complain that you're not pretty enough. Guys can complain that they don't make enough money. Women talk about how their bodies are scrutinized more than men's. We just love to talk about boobs, that's all. I've never heard of a guy who dumped a girl because her poosay was kinda loose. Maybe he gets bored with poosay, but it's not because it's loose. I used to work with a lot of girls and had female roommates and I've heard of many women not seeing a guy cuz his cack is small (and slightly above average is actually considered small, apparently). How about short guys? Zero love. One of my classmates in college did a pretty large survey/questionnaire about what men and women prefer or must have. One of the questions was, "what is the shortest guy you would EVER date?" The MEDIAN answer was 5'10". The average height in the US is 5'10."

So, superficially a guy needs to:

1) have a lot of money (and be willing to spend it on her)

2) be tall

3) have a big cack

4) be good-looking by traditional standards

Superficially, a girl needs to:

1) have $1 to their name

2) be any height

3) have a vagina, any will do

4) be good-looking by traditional standards

Let's say 20% of girls are good-looking by traditional standards. So, 1/5 chance you have a pretty sizable dating pool. For guys, let's say 40% are good looking by traditional standards; let's say 40% have a big (enough) cack; let's say 40% are tall (enough); and let's say only 20% have a lot of money. If those events are independent (and they're not completely), a guy has a 1.28% chance of having a pretty sizable dating pool (.4*.4*.4*.2).

So, guys need to have 4 things. Girls need to have 1. How are you complaining?

I'd also like to point out that attractive girls generally are far more insulting of non-attractive girls than guys are. Guys say, "she's ugly" or "she's fat" and that's usually it. There are exceptions. Girls will go into great detail about how one of her ears is lower than the other; that she looks like the fat in the Goonies; that her ass is fat; has cellulite; cankles; bad hygiene; facial hair; needs to wax her eyebrows; oh, and she's a slut and has herpes... doesn't really matter if any are true, but you'd think it listening to them.

Interesting, didn't expect that to net so much thought. The thing that stuck out the most was girls being harsh to each other which is something I've somehow not been that exposed to but am picking up on more. The talk about scrutinizing guys looks in the way you mentioned is not something I'd think is so common like that, but I could be wrong. I hope that list is really flawed, or else everyone is really shallow. Physical attraction is important, but that sounds rigid and boring. I'm attracted to a guy slightly shorter than me, I must be 5'7'' now since he knows he's 5'6'' (thought i was 5'6") I'll admit at first somehow I thought of him as just a friend and maybe it was subconsciously the height, but then became attracted and his shorter-than-averageness is kinda cute, so not zero love.

Btw, it wasn't complaining, but I'm open to the fact it's interpretation based on who you're around more.

My brother's girlfriend is 4 inches taller than him and she's gorgeous. It's been 3 years and it's a non-issue for them.

Tall isn't always what it's about. Just like it's not always about looks or money or whatnot. It depends on the person.

My brother's girlfriend is 4 inches taller than him and she's gorgeous. It's been 3 years and it's a non-issue for them.

Tall isn't always what it's about. Just like it's not always about looks or money or whatnot. It depends on the person.

That's why I specified that my post was in regard to superficial preferences, directly in response to someone's comment about "Guys have it easier. They don't have to look good." or something like that.

... especailly in the atrocious bar/club singles places. The guys that do well in those settings are generally 1) way above average in looks and 2) know how to make the first 10 seconds count when saying 'hi' or bumping into someone they want, usually by being overly confident & forward.

I somewhat disagree with #1, I think you need to be at least OK looking, not way above average. #2 is dead on and the key to success in the bar scene. Or so I've heard. :D

What does a very old newbie mean? You had to reregister recently? Grandpahoo????? :dunno:

1) well, the amount of trouble you are in then is in direct correlation to how ghey you were in the first place. You may end up bending over more frequently than not in the near future. :mad:

2) see # 1 - cept you may be riding the short bus now

3) Why would seeing our pictures have anything to do with how you think our outlooks are?

4) I actually agree with you on this which is why it wasn't a surprise when we got the pushback we did when posting our thoughts. Most women are very needy, pushy and want to control their men all the time. I just don't happen to agree or want the same things - I guess this is based on past/recent experience and knowing who I am today. I don't need a man to define me, I can do that easily enough on my own. :dunno:

1) Nah, it's an age thing. I play golf with college kids and they call me "sir." I hope it's not illegal to punch college kids.

For 3- it was meant to be a compliment but my wife is not quite as secure as you so I have to be a little subtle. You are all attractive women so the obvious male response is that it must be easier to be confident and secure. The more I thought about it, the less sure I was of that thought. It's fascinating how many insecure beautiful women I have run across- including aforementioned wife (not psychotically insecure but a touch).

Guess I'm still part neanderthal after all ;-)

1) Nah, it's an age thing. I play golf with college kids and they call me "sir." I hope it's not illegal to punch college kids.

For 3- it was meant to be a compliment but my wife is not quite as secure as you so I have to be a little subtle. You are all attractive women so the obvious male response is that it must be easier to be confident and secure. The more I thought about it, the less sure I was of that thought. It's fascinating how many insecure beautiful women I have run across- including aforementioned wife (not psychotically insecure but a touch).

Guess I'm still part neanderthal after all ;-)

Gotcha, and I guess I know what you're talking about, but that isn't always the rule you know. And I have met some pretty big girls before who know they are all that and aren't afraid to let others know too! :banana: