Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

What is most important to women

Guest Black Label Society
OK - I'll give him that much.

First, neither of the three. LOL Nice try though.

And the rest sounds about right on. The eyebrow thing is pretty interesting too!!

So, the million dollar question would then be, why aren't you hooked up then?

I can't lick my eyebrow... :P But I DO know what I'm doing.

Because I'm picky, and I'm opinionated. I want a wife who will be a teammate, and not expect me to do everything. I believe a marriage is a being a team (in some respects of course). If I'm working on anything that benefits 'us' (house, yard, dishes, laundry, etc) I am not cool with you sleeping on the sofa at 8pm......repeatedly.

Although I will admit something, I am JUST learning.....really.

I think BEG mentioned this....and logically, I just DON'T GET IT.

Women don't want a man to 'fix' a problem they have...just to listen and reassure them.

WTF........... :lol: I just don't get it.......

Look, if you have a problem, and I can offer a solution, why in the world would you not want to hear it.

instead, you'd rather cry about it and just 'deal' with the emotion, instead of fixing the probelm.

This....is the antithesis of logic.

Oh, and it's Staci....sorry............

Because I'm picky, and I'm opinionated. I want a wife who will be a teammate, and not expect me to do everything. I believe a marriage is a being a team (in some respects of course). If I'm working on anything that benefits 'us' (house, yard, dishes, laundry, etc) I am not cool with you sleeping on the sofa at 8pm......repeatedly.

Women don't want a man to 'fix' a problem they have...just to listen and reassure them.

Look, if you have a problem, and I can offer a solution, why in the world would you not want to hear it.

instead, you'd rather cry about it and just 'deal' with the emotion, instead of fixing the probelm.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Yes, I want to hear if you have a solution! Absolutely! What I meant is - I don't want you to think that because I'm upset about something that you HAVE to fix it for me.

:lol: This is definitely a plus

hey SA!

We were just in Seattle this weekend. What area of town do you call home?

I love it there. Such a fun place.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Yes, I want to hear if you have a solution! Absolutely! What I meant is - I don't want you to think that because I'm upset about something that you HAVE to fix it for me.

Ok, we're making progress here (and I'm being sincere...)

Can you elaborate for me....?

I guess I don't understand....if I have a solution, it's ok to offer it, but if I don't you don't want me to try to find one for you? Is that right?

Please be more explicit if you would.

hey SA!

We were just in Seattle this weekend. What area of town do you call home?

I love it there. Such a fun place.

Man, you should have let me know. It would have been cool to hang.

I actually live in Tacoma.

Oh, and it's Staci....sorry............

You got it!!!!!

And I think what BEG meant is that when we have a problem, sometimes we just need to vent. If you think you can offer some words of wisdom, GREAT, please do so. But that isnt' always why we come to a guy, for him to fix our problem. Sometimes we just want someone to listen and the natural person to go to would be our SO. So if we do have a problem, dont' feel like you have to fix it, just be there for us.

But again, if you think you might be able to add something, that isnt' a bad thing.

Does that make sense?

Man, you should have let me know. It would have been cool to hang.

I actually live in Tacoma.

I thought about that on the way home.

I've never been to Tacoma.

But Torrid and I have talked at length about moving to Bainbridge Island. So nice!! Not likely to happen now. But maybe someday.

I thought about that on the way home.

I've never been to Tacoma.

But Torrid and I have talked at length about moving to Bainbridge Island. So nice!! Not likely to happen now. But maybe someday.

Tacoma is a cool place. Lots of cool things to do here.

Well then, next time you guys come through, or anywhere up in this neck of the woods, please let me know. I'd love to buy you both a drink! :D

Tacoma is a cool place. Lots of cool things to do here.

Well then, next time you guys come through, or anywhere up in this neck of the woods, please let me know. I'd love to buy you both a drink! :D

You do know torrid is Bigfoot. :mad:

And I think what BEG meant is that when we have a problem, sometimes we just need to vent. If you think you can offer some words of wisdom, GREAT, please do so. But that isnt' always why we come to a guy, for him to fix our problem. Sometimes we just want someone to listen and the natural person to go to would be our SO. So if we do have a problem, dont' feel like you have to fix it, just be there for us.

But again, if you think you might be able to add something, that isnt' a bad thing.

Does that make sense?

Thanks Sawilson! This is exactly what I was trying to say - just wasn't finding the right words tonight.

Did Sawilson answer my question for you, BLS? She's right in queue with me on this one :D

Does that make sense?

One of my favorite movies scenes:

Gloria woke up in the middle of her sleep and asked her guy who is sleeping next to her.

"Honey? My mouth is dry. Honey. I'm thirsty.

Guy : "Umm..."

He gets up and gets a glass of water.

"There you go. honey."

Gloria responds in a angry tone.

"When I said I was thirsty ,it doesn't mean I want a glass of water.

Guy : "It doesn't?"

Gloria: "You're missing the whole point of me saying I'm thirsty. If I have a problem you're not supposed to solve it. Men always make the mistake of thinking they can solve a woman's problem.It makes them feel omnipotent."

Guy: "Omnipotent? Did you have a bad dream?"

Gloria: "It's a way of controlling a woman."

Guy: "By bringing them a glass of water?"

Gloria: "Yes.See. if I'm thirsty.I don't want a glass of water.I want you to sympathize."

She continues.

"I want you to say. 'Gloria. I too know what it feels like to be thirsty. I too have had a dry mouth.' I want you to connect with me through sharing and understanding the concept of dry mouthedness. You're into control."

Guy: Shut up!

Gloria :See? You make me sick.

She rolls over to the other side.

Guy: "Don't give me the rollover. When I say I'm thirsty.it means if anybody has a glass of water. I'd love a sip.

When I say I want to make love it means. let's screw.

Gloria: "Exactly the kind of thing I thought you'd say! I don't like the word ''screw.'' OK? I prefer ''make love'' or ''######.''Screwing is for carpenters.

The Guy gets out of the bed in a hurry.

Gloria : "Oh. honey. Where you going?"

Guy: "Anywhere.to get the hell away from you.Psycho. Nut case."

Gloria: "Oh. come back! I want to make love! Honey. come back! I want to screw! "

You do know torrid is Bigfoot. :huh:

:huh:

Gloria woke up in the middle of her sleep and asked her guy who is sleeping next to her.

"There you go. honey."

Gloria: "You're missing the whole point of me saying I'm thirsty. If I have a problem you're not supposed to solve it. Men always make the mistake of thinking they can solve a woman's problem.It makes them feel omnipotent."

Gloria: "Yes.See. if I'm thirsty.I don't want a glass of water.I want you to sympathize."

She continues.

"I want you to say. 'Gloria. I too know what it feels like to be thirsty. I too have had a dry mouth.' I want you to connect with me through sharing and understanding the concept of dry mouthedness. You're into control."

Guy: "Don't give me the rollover. When I say I'm thirsty.it means if anybody has a glass of water. I'd love a sip.

Gloria: "Exactly the kind of thing I thought you'd say! I don't like the word ''screw.'' OK? I prefer ''make love'' or ''######.''Screwing is for carpenters.

Gloria: "Oh. come back! I want to make love! Honey. come back! I want to screw! "

White Men Can't Jump!!! Funny focking movie and great scene too!! ;)

Hey ladies, since you are explaining things, can you explain what are women's thoughts of the "friend zone"?

I mean, do you ladies feel like once a guy is in your "friend zone", he can never get out? (except for a few drunken hookups)

Or do you ladies feel like you need to be friends with a guy before anything else?

Thank you. ;)

Hey ladies, since you are explaining things, can you explain what are women's thoughts of the "friend zone"?

I mean, do you ladies feel like once a guy is in your "friend zone", he can never get out? (except for a few drunken hookups)

Or do you ladies feel like you need to be friends with a guy before anything else?

Thank you. ;)

I think it differs for each person and situation. If there is no potential of a long term relationship, all that really matters is if he is cute and is he good in bed.

If you have been friends since you were in grade school, for me at least, the potential of anything happening isnt very high. If it were meant to happen, it would have a long time ago.

With that being said, I think it is important to know something about someone and have some sort of friendship established first if you think there is any long term potential with someone. That way you get to know a little about him before committing to anything that you will soon want to get out of. This doesn't mean that you need to be friends for a year or longer before anyting happens, I just think it's good as a baseline if you have a friendship established first - on some level at least.

Then there is the "once in a lifetime" thing. This is where there is instant chemistry between two people and you know that being a friend will come as easily as being a lover so the usual pre-established friendship that is good to have goes right out the window. This is the first date gettin your groove on (doesnt' mean gettin your sex on) kinda thing. Not to be confused with the first mentioned - no long term hope getting your groove on type of thing.

You forgot................

Alcohol and/or drug dependancy is hell on a relationship.

Furthermore, If here are more than three prescription bottles in the medicine cabinet...........run.

"There you go. honey."

She continues.

EXACTLY....this is the stuff I JUST DON'T GET.

Men are hunter-gatherers. Our primal instinct is to kill anything we can eat, and fuck as many women as possible (for the good of the species, you see).

If you want sympathy for having a dry mouth, call your mother. I will get you a glass of water however.

And SOMEHOW...that statement will make me a bad guy to the girls here.

Haven't read the thread, way to long for this early in the morning...

Although I'm simple..

1. Sex appeal/Attractive to me

2. A Job

3. A Car

4. Doesn't live with Parents

5. Doesn't abuse me/ Dis-respect falls into that catagory

6. Socialized/Sociable/Interesting/ Smart

Done

do you ladies feel like you need to be friends with a guy before anything else?

Thank you. :D

yes. I need time to get to know you.

Honestly, most of my girl friends are big time on the rock, the house, the big time job so that they can stay home.

I'm just not a bling-bling kind of girl, I pay a mortgage right now, and I like my job and want to move up, so I don't plan on staying home. Crap, I didn't go to graduate school to stay at home!

I'm just interested in finding someone I can date for an extended period of time. I'll worry about marriage later because I'd be nice to feel like dolfan does about his marriage.

WRONG - not all women are like that!!!

For instance. Dated this guy before who wanted to spend ALL his time with me, didnt' want to do ANYTHING without me, which meant he didnt' want me to do anything without him either. It was irritating as shiot and ended because of that.

Why is this such a hard concept to understand. I am an individual, and I think it takes 2 INDIVIDUALS to make a couple, not one person combined into one.

NOT true.

Man, where are all the focking women on this board when you need them???? :D

If there is something about a man that I feel I HAVE to change, then itsatip that I haven't found the right man yet!

Same goes on the other side. If a dude tries to change me, its about time that he finds someone that will change for him or find someone that he doesnt' have to change, because it ISN"T going to be me. I only change for one person, that is me and I want a man who has the same beliefs.

Man, where are you dudes finding your women at - insecurities annonymous????

It never ceases to amaze me how little women actually know about other women.

I'm just interested in finding someone I can date for an extended period of time. I'll worry about marriage later because I'd be nice to feel like dolfan does about his marriage.

I didn't mean to make it sound like my marriage was all happiness and light, it's actually been really hard and really painful at times, but if the basics are there (love, respect, trust, willingness to see things from the other person's point of view even if they're getting on your nerves) then what happens is you want to work through the hard times as a team rather than working against each other.

Since I know everyone is just waiting for my list... here goes...

1 ) Self-confidence. Not to the point of machismo or arrogence, but a guy who is comfortable with himself and has the appearance of being in control of any situtation.

2 ) Average looking. Not for the stuck on himself guy. Someone pleasing to look at and to be with.

3 ) Snuglability. Does the world seem 'right' when you are in his arms.

4 ) Free time. Does he respect the fact that both of you need free time alone with your friends.

5 ) Not too jealous. Jealousy is not a nice trait at all. There has to be a trace, but any more than that is a deal-breaker.

6 ) Self-supporting. Including can be be a fiscally prudent provided for any future family?

7 ) Class. I love a man in a suit, and acts with dignity.

8 ) Supportive and understanding. Will he actually listen to you?

9 ) Good with his hands. Not really important, but a guy that can fix things is very arousing to me.

10 ) Funny. Sense of humor is so important.

Honestly, most of my girl friends are big time on the rock, the house, the big time job so that they can stay home.

I'm just not a bling-bling kind of girl, I pay a mortgage right now, and I like my job and want to move up, so I don't plan on staying home. Crap, I didn't go to graduate school to stay at home!

And yet, I am somehow the worst person in the world for not being afraid to say this outloud. :thumbsup:

And he needs to be not threatened by the fact that I'm more successful in my job than he is and can probably kick his *ss in fantasy football. :headbanger: :pointstosky:

I think I dated you (not really). I still make twice as much as her, and she probably wouldn't beat me in FF. You must be a catch :unsure:

I didn't mean to make it sound like my marriage was all happiness and light, it's actually been really hard and really painful at times, but if the basics are there (love, respect, trust, willingness to see things from the other person's point of view even if they're getting on your nerves) then what happens is you want to work through the hard times as a team rather than working against each other.

Well, of course. I realize that. But the fact that you still feel that way aftering 8 years, that's good. I want that sort of marriage. My parents have been married 41 years on the 11th. If they can do that, it's possible, you know?

I just haven't found someone where the basics are all there. And really, those are what I'm looking for. All of those are so hard to find.

Since I know everyone is just waiting for my list... here goes...

1 ) Self-confidence. Not to the point of machismo or arrogence, but a guy who is comfortable with himself and has the appearance of being in control of any situtation.

2 ) Average looking. Not for the stuck on himself guy. Someone pleasing to look at and to be with.

3 ) Snuglability. Does the world seem 'right' when you are in his arms.

4 ) Free time. Does he respect the fact that both of you need free time alone with your friends.

5 ) Not too jealous. Jealousy is not a nice trait at all. There has to be a trace, but any more than that is a deal-breaker.

6 ) Self-supporting. Including can be be a fiscally prudent provided for any future family?

7 ) Class. I love a man in a suit, and acts with dignity.

8 ) Supportive and understanding. Will he actually listen to you?

9 ) Good with his hands. Not really important, but a guy that can fix things is very arousing to me.

10 ) Funny. Sense of humor is so important.

And yet, I am somehow the worst person in the world for not being afraid to say this outloud. :clap:

See you sound so much better here, than you do on the fragrance thread. Doesn't even sound like the same person. Snuglability??? That's classic :P When you talk about all this, then it makes sense. But when you talk about only the money, it sounds pretty bad.

Plus I'm also from Upstate New York...thought I had you pegged.

So, women, what is most important to you in men. What do you look for in a long term relationship?

When I was dating, I really didn't know what I was looking for. It took a lot of bad relationships to kind of realize what I didn't want, but figuring out what I DID want was a bit tougher.

I wanted someone who was going to follow through - whether it was calling when he said he'd call, to showing up for a date at the time he said he'd be there. He needed to do those things.

Someone who makes me laugh. I love a man with a great sense of humor, and the more witty he is, the better. (This is one of the qualities that hubby has that initally attracted me to him).

A man who can take care of himself - laundry, food, housekeeping, etc. If I don't have to clean up after him, all the better. Hubby isn't stellar at this, but he does help out with the laundry and the cooking. He's never scrubbed our toilets, but that's okay.

If kids are involved, a good father. I knew that my husband would be an excellent father given the way that he acted with his nieces, and other family members.

A man who takes family very seriously. Not neccessarily a Momma's Boy, but someone who cares a lot and gets along with his parents. Hubby tends to lean more towards the Momma's Boy side than I would usually care for, but it's okay. It's helped us out a few times in a Toro's MIL-esque kind of way.

A man whose masulinity isn't threatened by a pink bathroom, flowered sheets, or his wife making more money than he does.

There might be more.

After reading this thread, I can now state unequivically that every curly here would hump me silly!

:banana:

Absolutely :wub:

I am running out the door right now to buy a strap-on and some vasoline. :banana:

I would want my man to love me for the person that I am regardless of all of my faults and imperfections. I would want him to hold sacred the love that we share together and to hold in confidence things that are only between the two of us.

He doesn't have to have lots of money, but should be wise with the money he does have and have some kind of goal/plan for his future.

Someone who is kind and considerate of other people and doesn't step on others to get to where he wants/needs to be in life.

Someone who loves and cares about me enough to just let me cry on his shoulder and not have to try to fix things for me, but just hold me in his arms, listen and wipe away my tears and let me know everything will be okay.

Someone I can count on to be there when I need him the most and know that he won't let me down.

Someone who makes me smile and who I can laugh with, love with and cry with.

1. Code: "I want a man who will be OK with me getting fat."

2. Code: "Doesn't hafta be rich now, just rich later."

3. Code: "Someone I can walk all over."

4. Code: "When I say jump, he says'How high?'"

5. Code: "and entertains me like a trained monkey."

:rolleyes:

QUOTE(brinett9 @ Sep 5 2006, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forgot the part about the extremely large peenis.

to which saw replied:

Hum - that definitely doesn't hurt, but more importantly, does he know how to use it right?

Honey, if it doesn't hurt, then either it's not extremely large, or your hoo-hah could have been a stop on the Underground Railroad...if you know what I mean.

:banana:

Best GFIAFP post evah!

also you missed one

;)

Sad for you if this is what you deciphered from my post. :cry:

GFIAFP

Stop living in a Lifetime for women movie and join the rest of us in the real world

:P Yeah, like I haven't heard that one before.

Also, another huge turn on (while we're on the subject) is a man who is strong and protecting - would stand up for me and defend my honor to others and yet be equally as gentle and tender with me.

:P

Do you think it's sexy the way Cyric defended CurlyNight, even though she's a focking lunatic?

Do you think it's sexy the way Cyric defended CurlyNight, even though she's a focking lunatic?

I have no opinion on that yet as nothing has been confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

:P