Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

What is most important to women

Since the "smells women like" thread turned into "what a woman wants" thread, I thought I would start one dedicated just to that.

So, women, what is most important to you in men. What do you look for in a long term relationship?

For me, there are a few things.

First, I will not lie, I do not want a man I am going to have to support. He doesnt' have to make 6 figures by any means, but I definitely don't want to support him - rather supplement the income I make as I am not looking for a man to support me either.

Secondly, he has to be a man and do men things. I want someone who can fix things when they are broken around the house, when we have a BBQ, I want him to be the one doing the q'ing - NOT me. He has to like sports - especially football.

Someone who is taller and larger than me - and I'm not a big person so that isnt' hard to do. I am big on eyes too so having nice eyes helps.

Someone who is outgoing and not shy in crowds and has confidence in who they are. I do not want to have to stick up for my man - nor do I want him to have an ego and think he has to stick up for me. I am more than capable of doing that myself.

I DO NOT want a clingy guy. For christ sakes, DO NOT call me 5 times a day and especially not 3 times in a row if I dont' answer. And IT IS ok to go out with your friends and chill with the guys. You DO NOT have to spend every waking moment with me nor do I want you to - EVAH. Having your own life and your friends you hang out with without me is a requirement. I have my own life, so should you.

Oh, and probably one of the most important things - he has to be a good kisser. I do not have the time nor the patience to teach any dude how to kiss. If you can't kiss, you don't have a chance.

And optional is being able to sing or play an instrament. I am HUGE on music. If you have all of the above and are musically talented........ :thumbsdown:

I can't imagine anyone here giving a ###### about what I look for in a man.

I am all of those things, I win!

:thumbsdown:

Actually, Saw and myself should never meet, or she will probably fall in love :banana:

I can't imagine anyone here giving a ###### about what I look for in a man.

Not true Jessy. From what I can tell you have a whole harem of guys that follow you and give a shiot about what you like. So fess up girl - whats on your list?

Actually, Saw and myself should never meet, or she will probably fall in love :ninja:

Did I mention they have to have a personality too????

Totally J/K Sux... You know that.

What is important to me... you shutting the FOCK UP!!!

OR - how bout this, you just not read my focking threads????? That would take care of that problem real quick now wouldn't it! :banana:

Why not? Just based on your taste in music and your FFT personality I'd say you're very dateable.

That's nice of you to say. And be that as it may, the chances of me ever dating anyone who would read my FFT manifesto on what I look for in a man are incredibly miniscule, I would imagine.

That's nice of you to say. And be that as it may, the chances of me ever dating anyone who would read my FFT manifesto on what I look for in a man are incredibly miniscule, I would imagine.

Well, yeah you got me there. :mad:

You forgot the part about the extremely large peenis.

Hum - that definitely doesn't hurt, but more importantly, does he know how to use it right?

I'm very suspicious that your list is more like "what a woman thinks a man wants to see in a list of things women want in a man" than an actual list of things women actually want in a man.

First, I will not lie, I do not want a man I am going to have to support. He doesnt' have to make 6 figures by any means, but I definitely don't want to support him - rather supplement the income I make as I am not looking for a man to support me either.

If the man wants to stay at home and take care of the kid(s), cook dinner, clean house, and run the errands, I don't care if he works or not. But I won't take care of a man who sits on his butt and does nothing. Same would go if the roles were reversed.

I DO NOT want a clingy guy. For christ sakes, DO NOT call me 5 times a day and especially not 3 times in a row if I dont' answer. And IT IS ok to go out with your friends and chill with the guys.

I couldn't agree with this more. As much as I adore my husband, sorry dear, I do need some time to myself also. You don't need to be home with me all the time.

Hum - that definitely doesn't hurt, but more importantly, does he know how to use it right?

My brother told me this joke a while ago...

Q: How do you give a woman an orgasm?

A: Who the fock cares?

:banana:

Just kidding ladies, just kidding.

I'm very suspicious that your list is more like "what a woman thinks a man wants to see in a list of things women want in a man" than an actual list of things women actually want in a man.

Why do you say that???

To sum it up:

-I want a man who can fix shiot

-Who can help support a family

-Who is decent looking and taller and larger than me

-Who is a real dude who likes sports (especially football) because I do too

-Who does NOT make me his life nor want himself to be mine. Been there, done that, and its crap and never works out.

How is this not believable? :banana:

Would it help if I said that it would be great if he knew how to pamper a woman ever once in a while? A nice foot rub and back rub helps?

-Who does NOT make me his life nor want himself to be mine. Been there, done that, and its crap and never works out.

Either this is complete bullshiot...or you are the exception to the rule. These two interconnect to cause some problems with most women...almost all women need to be the center of attention all the time with their man.

Why do you say that???

To sum it up:

-I want a man who can fix shiot

-Who can help support a family

-Who is decent looking and taller and larger than me

How is this not believable? :banana:

Would it help if I said that it would be great if he knew how to pamper a woman ever once in a while? A nice foot rub and back rub helps?

It's just a suspicion. These just all look like things a woman says (I want you to have your own friends and your own life, do your own things, do guy stuff, etc) to make a guy think that she won't freak out if his life doesn't revolve around her, and then once they're six months or a year into the relationship and the guy is still doing his own thing and not committing to changing his life for her, her insecurities start to come out and she starts asking trap questions and writing long rambling e-mails. Just saying.

this is a MAN we're talking about right here, yes?

although some small animals probably make 3 figures...

It's just a suspicion. These just all look like things a woman says (I want you to have your own friends and your own life, do your own things, do guy stuff, etc) to make a guy think that she won't freak out if his life doesn't revolve around her, and then once they're six months or a year into the relationship and the guy is still doing his own thing and not committing to changing his life for her, her insecurities start to come out and she starts asking trap questions and writing long rambling e-mails. Just saying.

Thank you dolfan...you focking genius, you said it better than I could ever try. Chicks say this crap to get a guy....then time goes by and their real intentions start to come out...albeit very slowly so the guy doesn't notice a large change...a year goes by and the guy is all of a sudden tied down, controlled, and manipulated...and he can't even remember when it all started

Either this is complete bullshiot...or you are the exception to the rule. These two interconnect to cause some problems with most women...almost all women need to be the center of attention all the time with their man.

I love sports, especially football so finding a dude who likes the same is important. Sunday is all about football and it would be nice to share it with someone who likes the same.

I have my own life to live, I dont' need to live someone else's too. I have been with guys who want to spend all of thier time with me and frankly, it's quite irritating. Not to mention calling 100 times a day - doesn't work for me. I would like to be able to spend time with my friends or by myself in a nice bath without having to feel bad that I am not spending it with some guy. Why is that so hard to believe? I think that couples need to live thier own lives and at the end of the day be able to share with eachother. Not 24/7 - there is only one person anyone should spend 24/7 with and that is themselves, and half the time I can hardly do that.

And I am sure that I am not the only woman who feels this way for christ sakes.

Again, I HAVE my OWN life, I DON"T need to live or be someone else's. Sheesh. I think that women who need to be someone else's world only has to because they are insecure in living thier own. :banana:

I love sports, especially football so finding a dude who likes the same is important. Sunday is all about football and it would be nice to share it with someone who likes the same.

I have my own life to live, I dont' need to live someone else's too. I have been with guys who want to spend all of thier time with me and frankly, it's quite irritating. Not to mention calling 100 times a day - doesn't work for me. I would like to be able to spend time with my friends or by myself in a nice bath without having to feel bad that I am not spending it with some guy. Why is that so hard to believe? I think that couples need to live thier own lives and at the end of the day be able to share with eachother. Not 24/7 - there is only one person anyone should spend 24/7 with and that is themselves, and half the time I can hardly do that.

And I am sure that I am not the only woman who feels this way for christ sakes.

Again, I HAVE my OWN life, I DON"T need to live or be someone else's. Sheesh. I think that women who need to be someone else's world only has to because they are insecure in living thier own. :banana:

Yes you are the only woman who feels this way...there are no others...

Not trying to offend you, but there are very few people out there who aren't basically insecure and, once they get something that they want, afraid that they will somehow lose it. That's what drives people to want to change the people they're with. If and when you find a man that you want to be with, it's 100% certain that there will be something about him that you're going to try to change, and that will be partly from a fear of losing him.

My brother told me this joke a while ago...

Q: How do you give a woman an orgasm?

A: Who the fock cares?

Wife and me at marriage counseling........

She says I suffer from premature ejaculation

I SAY, no SHE suffers, I get along just fine!

Thank you dolfan...you focking genius, you said it better than I could ever try. Chicks say this crap to get a guy....then time goes by and their real intentions start to come out...albeit very slowly so the guy doesn't notice a large change...a year goes by and the guy is all of a sudden tied down, controlled, and manipulated...and he can't even remember when it all started

WRONG - not all women are like that!!!

For instance. Dated this guy before who wanted to spend ALL his time with me, didnt' want to do ANYTHING without me, which meant he didnt' want me to do anything without him either. It was irritating as shiot and ended because of that.

Why is this such a hard concept to understand. I am an individual, and I think it takes 2 INDIVIDUALS to make a couple, not one person combined into one.

Yes you are the only woman who feels this way...there are no others...

NOT true.

Man, where are all the focking women on this board when you need them???? :banana:

Not trying to offend you, but there are very few people out there who aren't basically insecure and, once they get something that they want, afraid that they will somehow lose it. That's what drives people to want to change the people they're with. If and when you find a man that you want to be with, it's 100% certain that there will be something about him that you're going to try to change, and that will be partly from a fear of losing him.

If there is something about a man that I feel I HAVE to change, then itsatip that I haven't found the right man yet!

Same goes on the other side. If a dude tries to change me, its about time that he finds someone that will change for him or find someone that he doesnt' have to change, because it ISN"T going to be me. I only change for one person, that is me and I want a man who has the same beliefs.

Man, where are you dudes finding your women at - insecurities annonymous????

I don't think your list is unrealistic, just boring. What woman wants an insecure, clingy poosay who's smaller than her and doesn't know how to stand up for himself? Confidence is sexy, wow there's a shocker.

I'll admit, you're not alone in this area. A lot of the flakey musicians I've dated have been anti-sports. Fortunately I have my booty call with whom I can drink beer and watch the game.

I'll admit, you're not alone in this area. A lot of the flakey musicians I've dated have been anti-sports. Fortunately I have my booty call with whom I can drink beer and watch the game.

Someone who is outgoing and not shy in crowds and has confidence in who they are. I do not want to have to stick up for my man - nor do I want him to have an ego and think he has to stick up for me. I am more than capable of doing that myself.

Re: where are other women? I'm here, I'm here! I agree with everything you've said about not being clingy. I absolutely hate that as well. I've mistakenly gone out with guys like that, but not for long. If you can't be on your own for a little while at a party I've taken you to, I don't want you around. If you freak out at the fact that I might not call you back one night because I"m out with my friends, I don't want you around. I think only insecure people (men or women) feel differently about this.

Other than that requirement, the only one I share in common with you is the one quoted above. Just fine--we won't have to fight over the same guys!

My main requirement in a guy is that he needs to get it. By that I just mean understand what is going on at all times and be very quick on his feet, smart, and witty. And he needs to be not threatened by the fact that I'm more successful in my job than he is and can probably kick his *ss in fantasy football. ;) :banana:

If there is something about a man that I feel I HAVE to change, then itsatip that I haven't found the right man yet!

Same goes on the other side. If a dude tries to change me, its about time that he finds someone that will change for him or find someone that he doesnt' have to change, because it ISN"T going to be me. I only change for one person, that is me and I want a man who has the same beliefs.

Man, where are you dudes finding your women at - insecurities annonymous????

Maybe insecurity wasn't the right word, but I certainly wish you the best of luck in finding yourself a relationship that works for both parties while involving no compromise whatsoever.

I don't think your list is unrealistic, just boring. What woman wants an insecure, clingy poosay who's smaller than her and doesn't know how to stand up for himself? Confidence is sexy, wow there's a shocker.

That is only part of my list. And if its so boring, then why are so many people questioning it? :dunno:

Re: where are other women? I'm here, I'm here! I agree with everything you've said about not being clingy. I absolutely hate that as well. I've mistakenly gone out with guys like that, but not for long. If you can't be on your own for a little while at a party I've taken you to, I don't want you around. If you freak out at the fact that I might not call you back one night because I"m out with my friends, I don't want you around. I think only insecure people (men or women) feel differently about this.

Other than that requirement, the only one I share in common with you is the one quoted above. Just fine--we won't have to fight over the same guys!

My main requirement in a guy is that he needs to get it. By that I just mean understand what is going on at all times and be very quick on his feet, smart, and witty. And he needs to be not threatened by the fact that I'm more successful in my job than he is and can probably kick his *ss in fantasy football. ;) ;)

:clap: Thank you, and I agree with everything that you have said.

BTW - who are you??? :banana:

I would want my man to love me for the person that I am regardless of all of my faults and imperfections. I would want him to hold sacred the love that we share together and to hold in confidence things that are only between the two of us.

He doesn't have to have lots of money, but should be wise with the money he does have and have some kind of goal/plan for his future.

Someone who is kind and considerate of other people and doesn't step on others to get to where he wants/needs to be in life.

Someone who loves and cares about me enough to just let me cry on his shoulder and not have to try to fix things for me, but just hold me in his arms, listen and wipe away my tears and let me know everything will be okay.

Someone I can count on to be there when I need him the most and know that he won't let me down.

Someone who makes me smile and who I can laugh with, love with and cry with.

Maybe insecurity wasn't the right word, but I certainly wish you the best of luck in finding yourself a relationship that works for both parties while involving no compromise whatsoever.

I didn't say anything about compromise, nor did you. You specifically said "change". Compromising with somone is VERY different than changing someone.

HTH

That is only part of my list. And if its so boring, then why are so many people questioning it? :dunno:

:clap: Thank you, and I agree with everything that you have said.

BTW - who are you??? ;)

;) Longtime lurker, infrequent poster. I spend almost all my time at another site. Sadly, I've been over here reading a lot lately because I've become sickly fascinating with the CurlyNight controversy. Saw this thread and just had to back you up, though. It's nice to see such confidence from another woman! :banana:

I would want my man to love me for the person that I am regardless of all of my faults and imperfections. I would want him to hold sacred the love that we share together and to hold in confidence things that are only between the two of us.

He doesn't have to have lots of money, but should be wise with the money he does have and have some kind of goal/plan for his future.

Someone who is kind and considerate of other people and doesn't step on others to get to where he wants/needs to be in life.

Someone who loves and cares about me enough to just let me cry on his shoulder and not have to try to fix things for me, but just hold me in his arms, listen and wipe away my tears and let me know everything will be okay.

Someone I can count on to be there when I need him the most and know that he won't let me down.

:thumbsup:

I would want my man to love me for the person that I am regardless of all of my faults and imperfections.

These two are great! :thumbsup:

:) Longtime lurker, infrequent poster. I spend almost all my time at another site. Sadly, I've been over here reading a lot lately because I've become sickly fascinating with the CurlyNight controversy. Saw this thread and just had to back you up, though. It's nice to see such confidence from another woman! :thumbsup:

Thank you for chiming in. I think I was getting killed here!!! :headbanger:

This list seems a lot more real to me. :thumbsup: