Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Think the Texans made a mistake?

Was just reading rotoworld and it states...." Already out for the season, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday that Domanick Davis (knee) is unlikely to ever play for the Texans again".

You think the Texans regret ever picking Williams over Bush? I thought it was a Horrid choice.

JMO

Link.....scroll all the way down to see the note.

does a bear ish in the woods and wipe himself with a rabbit.

you can over/under hype bush all you want but he wouldve helped that team

does a bear ish in the woods and wipe himself with a rabbit.

you can over/under hype bush all you want but he wouldve helped that team

Keep dreaming and go bench your Studs.... :blink:

Neither player has taken a regular season NFL snap. I think it's a little early to be labelling.

Williams could become the next Reggie White, and Reggie Bush could become the next Ki-Jana Carter, so let's be fair about it.

This could be a situation like Olajuwon/Jordan. Sure, is was a mistake by Houston to bypass Jordan, but Olajuwon turned out to be a pretty damn good player himself.

Neither player has taken a regular season NFL snap. I think it's a little early to be labelling.

Williams could become the next Reggie White, and Reggie Bush could become the next Ki-Jana Carter, so let's be fair about it.

This could be a situation like Olajuwon/Jordan. Sure, is was a mistake by Houston to bypass Jordan, but Olajuwon turned out to be a pretty damn good player himself.

Sam Bowie...what was Portland thinking!!!! :blink:

...But I'm almost certain, if they had to do it all over, they would go with Reggie

David Carr wishes that they would have taken Bush. That way he could have continued his farce as an NFL QB for another few years. He's done midway through this year because he totally sucks and the dump off king has no where to go.

do not underestimate Mario Williams.. the guy is a freak of nature... he's gonna be an awesome player for the Texans.. Bush may be great, too, but in the end, Houston will not regret taking Williams.

I love the comparison to Gale Sayers too. A super talented RB whose career was cut short due to injury. I just can't see Bush running through the tackles and taking big hits. However, I'm not saying Williams was a great pick. I think that trading down for more picks would have been the right move for the betterment of the team. Taking Bush sells tickets.

do not underestimate Mario Williams.. the guy is a freak of nature... he's gonna be an awesome player for the Texans.. Bush may be great, too, but in the end, Houston will not regret taking Williams.
:banana:

Completely agree with you. Guys like Williams don't come around often. If he can play to a level that puts him in the same sentence with Reggie White, then I think they made a solid pick.

I think it's silly to assume that Houston made a bad pick at this point. Let 'em both prove it on the field first. :wacko:

:dunno:

Completely agree with you. Guys like Williams don't come around often. If he can play to a level that puts him in the same sentence with Reggie White, then I think they made a solid pick.

I think it's silly to assume that Houston made a bad pick at this point. Let 'em both prove it on the field first. :cheers:

Ok..i agree with you...BUT....

if the Texans knew that DD would be out for the season and probably would never play again for them, do you honestly think they would've taken Williams over Bush again?

I don't think so!

Picking Williams was based on DD production in the past and they thought they had their RB for years to come. I guess they underestimated that knee injury.

I don't know how or why they did that. I seriously think more then 2/3 of semi serious football fans could have seen that DD was a walking mash unit and taking whatever his name is was the biggest mistake they could have done.

Fantasy wise i never seen the hype on him, i always thought he was very overrated and constantly injured.

The smart thing to do would have been to trade down, grab a OL and a RB in the 1st. Instead they committed to him entirely too early to do anything at all.

Unless whatever his name is can play OL, RB and demand triple teams, this is one of the worst decisions outside of leaf for a failing franchise to do.

I put the mistake of the Texans not drafting Bush somewhere above Mel Gibson's DUI and antisemetic rant, but somewhere below Steve Irwin swimming with the Bull Stingrays.

The Texans offense was bad last year, but the D was worse. A defensive end can be productive into his late 30s, whereas RBs usually see a serious decline at 30 or 31. In hindsight, it's easy to say the Texans made a mistake now that DD is on the IR, but the pick made sense at the time.

What suprised me about their drafting Williams is that they either didn't trade down to a slightly lower spot. Perhaps they tried and got no takers, but I find that curious considering all the mouth-watering over Reggie Bush.

The Texans offense was bad last year, but the D was worse. A defensive end can be productive into his late 30s, whereas RBs usually see a serious decline at 30 or 31. In hindsight, it's easy to say the Texans made a mistake now that DD is on the IR, but the pick made sense at the time.

What suprised me about their drafting Williams is that they either didn't trade down to a slightly lower spot. Perhaps they tried and got no takers, but I find that curious considering all the mouth-watering over Reggie Bush.

I know NO offered the Jets Bush for one of their 2 first draft picks this year and a first for next year. The Jets new Regime said no way. A lot of team don't like giving away picks now so if you're not going to get what you want, just choose the best available player in the draft. But I still say that if the Texans knew DD was done, they would've gone with Bush all the way.

But I still say that if the Texans knew DD was done, they would've gone with Bush all the way.

I don't think anyone's arguing that. But assuming DD would be able to play this year, they needed more help on D than on O.

What Mario or Reggie end up doing with their careers is irrelevant to the discussion of whether the texans made a mistake. It is absurd to believe they might have made the right move, when the player at hand is the most electric football player to have entered the NFL draft in quite some time. I mean 25 other teams in the league would have either drafted bush with their pick, regardless of who they had at rb, or would have traded down. Mario williams isn't gonna suddenly make that defense respectable, regardless of how well he plays. And that only factors in the football part of the equation. Outside of that, the franchise is a joke. Having bush playing would have sold more tickets, got the franchise a bit of swagger it so sadly needs. Williams can end up surpassing reggie white in statistics, and it was still a mistake. The franchise is a joke, much like the lions are a joke. Their drafting a wr 3 years running is even dwarfed by the blunder of not getting the appropriate value of the #1 pick in a year bush was coming out...

Was just reading rotoworld and it states...." Already out for the season, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday that Domanick Davis (knee) is unlikely to ever play for the Texans again".

You think the Texans regret ever picking Williams over Bush? I thought it was a Horrid choice.

JMO

Sense the apparent recovery of Duece McAllister, did the Saints make a mistake taking Reggie Bush over D`Brickashaw Ferguson? After all, they didn`t need Bush, but they did need Ferguson. The Saints might have made a horrid choice. :huh:

Hindsight is 20-20. They were doing what they thought was best for the team at the time. DD came to camp looking good and passed the team physical and they had other needs. Looking back it may not have been the best choice but its one they will have to live with. At least they got Wali in the 6th and if he can at least make up for the loss of DD it will still be ok. Williams better be as good as talked about or the folks in texas are gonna put kubiaks head on a spike.

What Mario or Reggie end up doing with their careers is irrelevant to the discussion of whether the texans made a mistake. It is absurd to believe they might have made the right move, when the player at hand is the most electric football player to have entered the NFL draft in quite some time. I mean 25 other teams in the league would have either drafted bush with their pick, regardless of who they had at rb, or would have traded down. Mario williams isn't gonna suddenly make that defense respectable, regardless of how well he plays. And that only factors in the football part of the equation. Outside of that, the franchise is a joke. Having bush playing would have sold more tickets, got the franchise a bit of swagger it so sadly needs. Williams can end up surpassing reggie white in statistics, and it was still a mistake. The franchise is a joke, much like the lions are a joke. Their drafting a wr 3 years running is even dwarfed by the blunder of not getting the appropriate value of the #1 pick in a year bush was coming out...

You my friend have been playing fantasy football too long. You don't build a franchise in one year, and you don't build a franchise around a RB with questionable durability. Bush was amazing in college playing against far inferior talent. That will not be the case in the NFL. Week in and week out he will be playing against faster, stronger opponents.

Also, Bush is not the type of RB that you base an offense around. He is a weapon yes, but he is not a workhorse RB, something that anyone who has Bush will also need on their team. He is not Marshal Faulk, he does not run as strong as he did in his prime. He is the type of player that when used in a complimentary role will be amazing. If Deuce is solid again then they will be a great 1/2 punch. That was a great situation for Bush, as if he was asked to carry a full load (25-30touches) he would more than likely break down. I don't look at Bush as the next Sayers or Sanders or Faulk. I look at him as a shiftier version of Brian Westbrook.

The Class of 2007 will be a very deep RB class. Adrian Peterson may be the best pure runner to come out of college in a long long time. Michael Bush will be a great value as he will be coming off of a Broken leg, if you have not seen this guy run I highly reccomend watching some film. Marshawn Lynch as well as Kenny Irons. Any of those would be available to the Texans depending on their record. Garrett Wolfe may also be an interesting experiment based on what Dunn has done at atlanta in a similar blocking scheme. The point being is that there are a ton of RB options coming into the Draft for '07. I would look to the Texans picking a back then if Lundy does not pan out to be as good as hoped.

Isn't that what some were saying about Palmer after his knee snapped? What's he up to these days. :P

JMO

if i were a texan fan #1 id be pissed off they passed on bush. and to make matters worse davis gets hurt.dd is a good back 3300 yds in 3 yrs or so. but the ability of rb is astounding. anybody could be the next reggie white, or the next ryan leaf.with kubiak (x bronco oc) mabye they thought they had a great rb with dd, and face it texans do need to step it up defensively. so i guess there are both sides to the coin. but if mario punishes the opp and keeps them in games they made the right choice.

Sam Bowie...what was Portland thinking!!!! :P

...But I'm almost certain, if they had to do it all over, they would go with Reggie

My exact thoughts.....Bowie over Jordan.....oops!

Bowie turned out to be an injury plagued player.....lets hope Williams stays healthy and has a great career.

The biggest mistake was ticket sales. The Texans would have sold more tickets and created revenue from jersey's, posters....anything with Bush's name would have made them money. Mario won't right now.

With DD's history, I thought all along that it was a stupid pick. I think this guarentees that Houston will suck for years to come.

You my friend have been playing fantasy football too long. You don't build a franchise in one year, and you don't build a franchise around a RB with questionable durability. Bush was amazing in college playing against far inferior talent. That will not be the case in the NFL. Week in and week out he will be playing against faster, stronger opponents.

Also, Bush is not the type of RB that you base an offense around. He is a weapon yes, but he is not a workhorse RB, something that anyone who has Bush will also need on their team. He is not Marshal Faulk, he does not run as strong as he did in his prime. He is the type of player that when used in a complimentary role will be amazing. If Deuce is solid again then they will be a great 1/2 punch. That was a great situation for Bush, as if he was asked to carry a full load (25-30touches) he would more than likely break down. I don't look at Bush as the next Sayers or Sanders or Faulk. I look at him as a shiftier version of Brian Westbrook.

I understand what you are saying, but must state that you have no basis for this argument whatsoever. Quite simply you don't know if Bush can handle the load because he has never been asked to (well, not knowing too much about his high school career, but I'm goign to go out on a limb and say he did carry the load). To say he can or can't is speculation.

I'm not a bush hater, I just think that they did what they thought was best for the team at the time with the information that had. They thought they were getting the DD of old that would put up 1,100-1,500 yards so they decided to start to build the franchises D side.Remembering this is denver blocking scheme that takes anyone and gets them 1,000 yards. They were looking at it like this. We have DD running the ball and A.Johnson as the prime wideout with a valid threat in eric moulds. What happens when it does become wali's world and he runs for what dom davis was supposed to run for and they get that key piece to their defense that pushes them over the edge. Are they still dogs or should they still have selected what was deemed "the best player".

Defense doesn't mean shite if you can't put points on the board or a$$es in the seats.

What would you rather have, a defense that will keep you in the game until it tires out and dies of exhaustion in that Texas heat, or a strong running game that will do that to the other team. I think that the choice is clear.

The Texans effed up big time.

Texan's management = :mad: :( :banana:

It is always a treat to see a new original thread on something untapped before on this bored. :mad:

Then why did you bother to post to it? :mad:

Do you really seriously have to ask that question?

Yes, officer, I do.

People who gripe about rehashed threads annoy me to no end. Just skip the thread and go on... not everything has to be stickied and I'm not going to scroll through 20 pages of threads to see if a topic has been talked about.

Yes, officer, I do.

People who gripe about rehashed threads annoy me to no end. Just skip the thread and go on... not everything has to be stickied and I'm not going to scroll through 20 pages of threads to see if a topic has been talked about.

Yeah the search engine is a serious buzzkill. I can see why clicking on that and taking those few seconds would piss you or someone else off.

Seriously if you are unaware that you don't have to scroll through every page and that you can take 10 seconds and use the search to find anything you want then I can't help you.

Yeah the search engine is a serious buzzkill. I can see why clicking on that and taking those few seconds would piss you or someone else off.

Seriously if you are unaware that you don't have to scroll through every page and that you can take 10 seconds and use the search to find anything you want then I can't help you.

The question was.."do you think the Texans made a mistake?".....I don't see too many topics on that in the search box.

Again, if a topic doesn't interest you then just skip it but it must interest you somewhat because you keep coming in, replying and bumping it right back to the top...thanks :(

It is always a treat to see a new original thread on something untapped before on this bored. :banana:

Thank you for your wisdom and being so original on your post..... :headbanger:

they pulled a sam bowie

texans biggest mistake may have been not taking VY when it is all said and done

The question was.."do you think the Texans made a mistake?".....I don't see too many topics on that in the search box.

Again, if a topic doesn't interest you then just skip it but it must interest you somewhat because you keep coming in, replying and bumping it right back to the top...thanks :lol:

Thank you for your wisdom and being so original on your post..... :shocking:

Forget I said anything. The site has that feature there to help you find information but if you can't figure it out I can't help. I would think in almost 4 years you would have gotten that.

If you put both hands on the keyboard at some point enter either name Reggie Bush or Mario Williams and you will get answers.

Forget I said anything. The site has that feature there to help you find information but if you can't figure it out I can't help. I would think in almost 4 years you would have gotten that.

If you put both hands on the keyboard at some point enter either name Reggie Bush or Mario Williams and you will get answers.

Bro..seriously...move on!