Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

***Official Week One Unlikely Heroes Thread***

This list will not include the Larry Johnsons or Tory Holts of teh fanatsy world. They are no-brainers. These are my picks of some non-studs who I feel will have a big week.

Duece McAllister - (vs. Cleveland) Duece comes into 2006 with a lot to prove. He's coming off an injury, plus he watched the whole world get excited to see Reggie Bush come to town. He is watering at the mouth to show that the Duece McAllister era is not over yet. He will get plenty of carries in a close game against the Browns. Stat Line: 24 carries 110 yards 1 TD

Thomas Jones - (vs. Green Bay) TJ had an awesome 2005, only to have the job taken from him and given to Cedrick Benson. With Benson banged up with a bad shoulder, Jones knows that every start could be his last. He has his teamates behind him and is playing a team (G.B.) that is weak, defensively. Jones averages over 100 yards and has 4 TDS in his last 5 against the Packers. The Bears will get a lead and pound the ball for four quarters. Stat Line: 26 carries 133 yards 2 TDs.

Kurt Warner- (vs. San Francisco) Warner led NFL QBs in 300 yard games last year. Probelm is, he only started 10 games. I don't feel Warner will finish the season as a top ten fantasy QB, but he'll certainly start that way. He has to many weapons not to. Stat Line 320 yards, 3 TDs.

Houshmandzadeh, T.J .- (vs. Kansas City) This could be a shootout. Both offenses will need to score points to keep up with the other, so I could see a 34-27 type game. While everyone will be focused on Chad Johnson, I believe it will be T.J. who puts up the big numbers. Stat line: 7 rec. 115 yards 2 TDs.

Terry Glenn (vs. Jacksonville) Terrell Owens will be in uniform. He will be wanting to make a statement. Jacksonville's defense will be also wanted to make a statement. Whether he's in game shape or not, Owens demands respect from a defense. The fact that Owens has not gotten a chance to build a repoire with Drew Bledsoe yet, will mean that he will be used as a decoy for much of this game. Glenn will benefit, because he and Bledsoe had great timing during the preseason. Stat Line- 8 rec. 100 yards 1 TD.

geez I hope you are right about Houshmanzadah

My pick: Mark Brunell to have a big day against Minnesota

The fact that Owens has not gotten a chance to build a repoire with Drew Bledsoe yet, will mean that he will be used as a decoy for much of this game.

He ain't gonna like that :D

Ugh... I have Edge, D. Rhodes, McAllister and Thomas Jones and was looking at this e-mail to see if there was any helpful info on Mark Brunell since it came up on a search for him. I have been hemming and hawing over who to start between McAllister and Thomas and then they pop up as the top 2 on the list! Ugh. Well, I guess it's a good problem to have. Personally I am leaning slightly toward McAllister and he is a monster and despite the Browns "improved" D (how could they not improve?) I think McAllister does have somthing to prove. His preseason performances seem to show that he's back near his form. I think Jones is a lock for 100 yds, but I think there is greater potential for Deuce this week against the Browns. I'm still deliberating though. Anyone have any input?

Jamal Lewis

Chester Taylor

Troy Williamson

Joe Horn

Two Minn players against a very stout Carolina Def, that's some good Kool-aid :cheers:

They play Washington - but your point is still valid.

Two Minn players against a very stout Carolina Def, that's some good Kool-aid :huh:

Ugh... I have Edge, D. Rhodes, McAllister and Thomas Jones and was looking at this e-mail to see if there was any helpful info on Mark Brunell since it came up on a search for him. I have been hemming and hawing over who to start between McAllister and Thomas and then they pop up as the top 2 on the list! Ugh. Well, I guess it's a good problem to have. Personally I am leaning slightly toward McAllister and he is a monster and despite the Browns "improved" D (how could they not improve?) I think McAllister does have somthing to prove. His preseason performances seem to show that he's back near his form. I think Jones is a lock for 100 yds, but I think there is greater potential for Deuce this week against the Browns. I'm still deliberating though. Anyone have any input?

Hijack alert***** Start Thomas Jones vs the Packers. He'll have a good game. Deuce is unknown coming off ACL.

I think either Donald Driver or Greg Jennings will have a big day vs the Bears.

I also like Lee Evans to put up big numbers this week.

QB - Brad Johnson will clown

RB - DeShaun Foster will dominate

WR - A Tennessee Wideout (pick one) will astound

TE - RAMS rookie Kloppenfocker will score

K - Chicago's Gould will wear his leg out with points scored

D - Minnesota' D will have fockers in your leagues running for the waiver wire monday morning

Braylan Edwards and K. Winslow. Saints are aweful. Browns will win this one by at least 10. I expect a TD from Winslow and a solid game from Edwards (may take him a little while to get back into the flow b/c of the knee).

fwiw - I'm a life long Saints fan but the defense was left bare by Hasbeen and co. and our O-line is below average.

Housh isn't the lock that No. 2s used to be against the Chiefs. You could usually figure Surtain would be covering the 1, while McCleon/ Bartee/ Warfield/ Scrap Heap would be trying to slow down the No. 2. With Law & Surtain now manning up against the receivers, we look to be in a little better shape. Not saying one of those guys won't go off, just something else to take into consideration this year.

Chester Taylor scores 3 TDs, 2 of them immediately following pass interference in the end zone calls against the Redskins.

Yes, I own him.

I love this thread!

Let's all list the players we drafted in middle rounds in the hopes we can look like geniuses when we luckbox our way into a good week with slightly better than average players!!!!

:doublethumbsup: :P