Sign in to follow this  
Mack 1

Why are so many "experts" picking the Lions to upset Seattle?

I've heard Solomon Wilcots, Peter King, and several talking heads on ESPN predict the upset of the week is Detroit over Seattle.

Obviously, they're all drinking the Marinelli and Martz kool-aid; and just as obvious, the national media have no clue how piss-poor this organization is.

Is it something I'm not seeing? What's up with this?

Pundits have to raise a few eyebrows weekly to create some buzz, and that includes making some surprising upset predictions. There are only so many upsets available each week from which to choose. Millen's boys often get the call because almost any Lions victory is an upset.

My upset prediction for Week 2 is Detroit over, uh...whoever.

Ain't gonna happen - Detroit will win a few (6?) games this year, but this ain't one of them!

SA will have a huge day - Hawks will cover, easily.

Why are they picking the Bungles to win the SB? Don't they know how crappy that org is?

I really have no idea about picking the Lions, but I'm hoping it's because Kitna will morph into the Warner of old and throw for 400 yds and 4 TDs (3 to ROY).

Ford field jinx for Seattle.

HTH

it's pretty simple if you think about it. Charlie Batch looked incredible last night. Charlie Batch used to play for the Lions. Therefore, some of that Batch greatness HAS to have remained in Detroit.

Rookies. :doublethumbsup:

The reason is that the last 6 superbowl winners have lost the season opener the next year. They call it the "Superbowl hangover".

My feeling is that Seattle will almost certainly break that trend but may not beat the spread.

The reason is that the last 6 superbowl winners have lost the season opener the next year. They call it the "Superbowl hangover".

My feeling is that Seattle will almost certainly break that trend but may not beat the spread.

Same here. Seattle wins, but it is a close one. I plunked down some cash with that big spread this morning.

I don't see it happening, not week 1 of using a new defensive and offensive scheme. I am interested in seeing how Detroit finishes the year though.

I'd like to see a Detroit upset so the frustrated fans of Detroit would have something to cheer for this year. Honestly, I feel sorry for their fans having been a Buc fan from the beginning--and during the many dark years. I think it's worse for Lion's fans recently, though, as they have faced disappointment not only throughout the season, but also on draft day--the only day when the fans of rotten teams can manage a good feeling.

it's pretty simple if you think about it. Charlie Batch looked incredible last night. Charlie Batch used to play for the Lions. Therefore, some of that Batch greatness HAS to have remained in Detroit.

Rookies. :doh:

Oops, I mean Superbowl losers. I guess I'm still hoping the league takes action againt the superbowl refs and the teams replay the game. :lol:

did i miss something? did seattle win the superbowl last year? i could have sworn it was pittsburgh.

I picked Detroit as well. Spread was at 6 1/2 last i checked.

Some of those same experts have also talked about Detroit's offense exploding this year.

I don't think it's as easy as putting Martz in a system and automatically it becomes St. Louis - Part 2.

Last I checked:

Bulger > Kitna

Faulk > KJ

Holt > Roy

Ike Bruce > Bradford

Pace > Backus

Players make plays, not coaches.