Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Frank Gore-Sell high?

What to do with Frank Gore?

Try to trade him now why his value is probably at its highest?

Or hold onto him and hope he can be a solid #2 all year?

Whats the consensus on Gore?

What to do with Frank Gore?

Try to trade him now why his value is probably at its highest?

Or hold onto him and hope he can be a solid #2 all year?

Whats the consensus on Gore?

Sell him like his name was Enron.

I like the guy but not for what his value is right now, you could target one of the under achieving 1-2nd rounders if you can find a mook, think Lamont or Carnell and package a good reciever.

I've got him and I'm going to keep him for now. He's always had a decent ypc. I read that he ran very well in week 1. He has to have another very good game in week 2 before you can think about moving him for someone worth trading him for. Most owners this time of year aren't going to make hasty trades based off of one week. That usually happens as injuries pile up as the season progresses.

I've already thrown out an offer trying to get Harrison for Gore. I could really use a WR with my RBs being Rudi, Chester, Bush, Tatum, and Gore.

Although he plays for SF, I would keep him... Gore is an absolute stud athelete... If he didnt have two knee surgery's in college, McGahee would have never even seen the field...

Take it for what its worth... If he stay healthy, he will put up good numbers.

Gore for Lamont?? If you trade frank gore for lamont jordan, youre in for a world of dissappointment.

Lamonts next two weeks: Baltimore and Bye... and I dunno which week he'll do better! Raiders are truly dreadful.

Although he plays for SF, I would keep him... Gore is an absolute stud athelete... If he didnt have two knee surgery's in college, McGahee would have never even seen the field...

Take it for what its worth... If he stay healthy, he will put up good numbers.

I agree but if you get a sweet enough deal(top WR) and have a good stable of RBs, you have to consider moving him.

Do you think Lamont will end up with better stats then Gore?? Didn't see the Raiders last night (at work) but from the way it sounds they may be the worst team in the NFL.

Is Caddy banged up, only 8 carries???

I was offered Fred Taylor, which I rejected. If they are both injury risk I figured Gore has more TD potential.

Gores value may never by higher but backs in Turners system seem to produce. Not surewhat to do with him, trying to find out what others think, was anyone offered anything worth while for him yet??

I'm shopping him around for guys like Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

So far no takers, but it doesn't hurt to offer.

If he didnt have two knee surgery's in college, McGahee would have never even seen the field...

He was also ahead of Portis on the depth chart during their days at U of M. Before his injuries in college, many were saying he could be better than Edge.

That was a lifetime ago, but the fact remains Gore is a very, very good RB who just so happens to be the only viable threat on an otherwise pedestrian offense orchestrated by RB-developer Norv Turner.

Keep him or come week 6 you'll regret it.

I'd prefer Gore to many of the backs being mentioned. Guys like Jordon and Cadillac have terrible o-lines, and there is some real concern there IMO. Gore is a tallented, versitile, back, his o-line is solid, and he'll be the focal point of an offense that had an average running game last year and should be better this year.

I'd rather have Gore over Jordan... good lord Oakland is going to suck this year.

But Cadillac? I'd DEFINATELY take Cadillac.

that fact that people are even bringing up names like caddy, jordan, westbrook, etc. for gore pretty much means...SELL HIGH. :wall:

unless gore is your 3rd RB you're prolly going to be dissapointed if you don't unload him now. they don't play the cardinals every week.

I have Gore as my RB2 and Im really not even entertaining the thought of trading him right now. With all the question marks at RB I dont think I would move him now unless its for someone like Ronnie Brown or S-Jax, which CLEARLY isnt going to happen.

IMO, Gore sets up nicely for this season. SF has what appears to be a pretty good schedule, A. Smith has improved, the coaching staff feels good about the O-line, and Norv Turner has consistently been a good FF RB coach for over a decade. Yeah, they arent gonna to win a lot of games but I think that they will be more competitive than people think and Gore should be a vital part of the passing game as well.

The people who are in really good shape are the one's who were fortunate enough to draft Gore behind 2 other solid backs. THen you can really use him to acquire an upper echelon WR or something of that nature.

But to just trade him for other Rb's, I dont no where the value is. History tells us that many 1st and 2nd round Rb's will be bust. So you wanna trade Gore for one of those guys? I own Gore in my biggest $$$ league and own my boy L. Jordan in 2 others. Right now I WOULD TRADE JORDAN STRAIGHT UP FOR GORE. I dont like to jump to conclusions after one week but put me on record as saying that GORE WILL BE THE BEST FF RB IN THE BAY AREA assuming he stays healthy. Like I said, I have Jordan in 2 leagues and even know him personally but the Raiders look like an asolute mess, they play in a much tougher division agaisnt the run, and most of their offensive coaching staff has been out of the league for 10+ years.

IF he stays healthy, which I know is any even bigger if with Gore than it already is w/ most RB's, Frank Gore will be a top 10 RB in my league's scoring system. Im sticking with him and hoping it works out.

that fact that people are even bringing up names like caddy, jordan, westbrook, etc. for gore pretty much means...SELL HIGH. :dunno:

unless gore is your 3rd RB you're prolly going to be dissapointed if you don't unload him now. they don't play the cardinals every week.

Yeah, but, notice the caddy, jordan, westbrook owners aren't the ones saying 'Yes, please, take my westbrook. I need Gore on my squad now!'

I like Gore. Have him on my team. No one is going to trade you their first or second round pickup for your 5th round steal without a longer track record of success.

The people who are in really good shape are the one's who were fortunate enough to draft Gore behind 2 other solid backs. THen you can really use him to acquire an upper echelon WR or something of that nature.

IF he stays healthy, which I know is any even bigger if with Gore than it already is w/ most RB's, Frank Gore will be a top 10 RB in my league's scoring system. Im sticking with him and hoping it works out.

this is my situation- he's backing up TOmlinson and Chester Taylor...so i am in pretty much a great situation right now.

i am sure i'll end up moving one of them, but it will have to be for the right price...i'm deep at WR too...but with injuries as they are in the NFL, i may just hold onto all 3. no doubt ONE of my starters will get hurt.

I have LT, Chrester, and Gore as well. My WR's are TO and Torry Holt. Unless someone blows me away with an offer for Gore, I'm not moving him. I would not even consider trading him for Lamont or Caddy at this point. He has to much upside as a #3 back.

Trouble with Gore is:

a) he's an "If Healthy" guy -- he's a good player with bad knees. he's never been a started for any length of time -- i'd be a little worried about his durability

:thumbsup: he did well against a soft run D -- SF is still a pretty bad team -- he's got a few soft spots on his schedule, but overall, they'll fall behind a lot and have to abandon the run.

Main thing is health -- if the knees hold up, he's good for his ADP, i'm sure.

I think he's a great matchup RB2 considering he was probably drafted as an RB3 or RB4, depending on how late you had your draft. I have Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, and Gore. I plan on keeping Gore through at least Tomlinson's bye week, and then seeing where he's at. If he's obviously playing at a pace he can't maintain, I'll see what his market value is. If he's playing right where I thought he would be, I'll keep him.

I honestly think Alex Smith's offseason work combined with the additions of Antonio Bryan and Vernon Davis will keep him valuable all year long, barring injury.