Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Betting geeks

Bodog has the Steelers and Jaguars MNF game pick em... straight up... now it's -115 so it isn't truly straight up, but is this too good to be true?

-big ben looking to make his debut... a jaguar team that just played well vs the cowboys???

for some reason i can't see the steelers losing this game...

is picking the steelers straight up a sucker bet??

no knock on the steelers..but the jags were 12-4 last year..1-0 this year...IN jax?...jags 8-2 ats vs the steelers in the past 10 games...

clearly there are better bets out there...namely the ravens at home vs oakland...

why is carolina favored by 2 AT minnesota?

They are the better team thats why. You really think Carolina is going to start out 0-2?

ravens at home vs oakland...

With Art Shell as the coach. I am betting against OAK every single game. No matter what the spread is.

I like Pittsburgh in this game if Big Ben plays.

Good bets are the Ravens and Carolina as well.

Plus, my homer bet goes on the Giants. :doublethumbsup:

wow...everyone thinks big ben makes THAT much of a difference...that they can go IN to jax and win?...

without steve smith..carolina is NOT a better team than minny..NOT in minny anyway...Hutchinson is a bigger difference maker than people realize..he blew up decent holes at wash vs a tough D and he protected brad quite a bit..

wow...everyone thinks big ben makes THAT much of a difference...that they can go IN to jax and win?...

I'm biased, but I think Pittsburgh will win with or without Ben. Pittsburgh is better at nearly every position. Just looking at the big names, Ward is better than any Jacksonville WR, Parker is at least as good as 50 year old Fred Taylor, and Polamolu and Porter are better than anyone Jacksonville has.

That said, I don't think it is a lock. It will probably be really close, maybe 3-10 points margin.

id have a hard time betting against as team like pitt...

i just dont buy that its a gift...the wrs from pitt are probably better than jaxs are...but they arent facing each other...they are playing the D..and jax gave dallas all they wanted and more..

what do i know?

without steve smith..carolina is NOT a better team than minny..NOT in minny anyway...Hutchinson is a bigger difference maker than people realize..he blew up decent holes at wash vs a tough D and he protected brad quite a bit..

No. I'm taking Jax+1. I think they'll win this game outright. People continue to underestimate the Jags.

Line is up to -2... lot of action on this game apparently...

at least i got in for a good price... $50 on pitt straight up (-115)