Sign in to follow this  
eagles824

P. Manning Same Ole Crap

I agree... I hate this guy more and more... I am sure he will be pulled now, but why does he never throw to Wayne in the redzone?

He has thrown to him one time in the redzone in the last 2 weeks and that was called back.

if you can't beat em, join em...i hate manning too but finally have him on a fantasy squad because of the padding of the stats!! love hate relationship and stuff, works for me if i make money

Here's an ideal suggestion: Quit whining and get in a position to draft the guy. <_<

thats the part of the direct tv commercial that people tend to ignore and it makes me laugh...

the one where he directs traffic..and tells us we dont need to watch this blowout..we can watch his brother eli run for his life vs phily(or whatever)...

oops..i gotta run..no, i think ill pass..

huge shocker since the fake score was something like 30-3....

thanks for the direct tv plug, stat hog <_<

Up by 27 and still throwin

You must not know the history of the Colts in the Peyton Manning Era. Until last season, Peyton had to score at least 35 to win since they used to have a horrific D. And if your watching the game, you'd see that when someone stacks on the run and leaves an open rest of the field, Why not throw??????????

And Eagles.......Enjoy your time know, cuz when november comes, McNabb will probably have a broken leg, Westbrook will have a broken leg, and Buckhalter will have two Broken Legs....Biatch....

You must not know the history of the Colts in the Peyton Manning Era. Until last season, Peyton had to score at least 35 to win since they used to have a horrific D. And if your watching the game, you'd see that when someone stacks on the run and leaves an open rest of the field, Why not throw??????????

And Eagles.......Enjoy your time know, cuz when november comes, McNabb will probably have a broken leg, Westbrook will have a broken leg, and Buckhalter will have two Broken Legs....Biatch....

How did your Colts have such a hard time with these Giants?

Maybe they keep throwing because they have to running back and their backup QB is crap. Better keep him in.

Maybe they keep throwing because they have to running back and their backup QB is crap. Better keep him in.

They won didn't they?????

That's all that matters........

Guest MUGS

Keep padding them every week, I'll take the FF pts for my team :cry:

Funny stuff.

I would say the Eagles are a good example of why you shouldn't start dicking around in the 3rd quarter just because you have a lead.

Bwahahahaha................................... :banana: :doh:

The Colts beat their @sses, and the Eagles got their @sses beat. :lol:

What happened to the Eagles is exactly why they were still trying to score. You never know what could happen.

Classy :thumbsdown:

Up by 27 and still throwin

Classy! ;)

I don't care what anyone says, yes this is the NFL and Houston should be better blah blah blah.....you can't tell me it'd be sweet justice for anyone in this league who has had Peyton put up 400 yards and 3 TD's in an absolute blowout if he got his a$$ kicked while doin it...

the correct answer is...

peyton lights it up now.....

because by playoff time....he gets shut down....

he has helped Vegas make a LOT of money on people betting the Colts to win the super bowl...

people are STIL picking the colts...as if they havent learned the lesson by now... :thumbsdown:

As said, before last year the Colts offense was expected to keep hanging points in the 4th quarter, thanks to the D. Colts D also has a bad habit at times of not keeping a team put away (see Houston 4th quarter TD's today). Playing hard into the 4th has, traditionally, been a good practice for the Colts to have (if not a necessity).

Jim Siorgi, their only backup QB, is still hurt and any D who saw him in the preason would bring all they had against him. What kind of an idiot coach would put him in now?

And when your team is still finding its running game, do you help it do that by pounding the ball against a box of 8 guys, or by passing when the D is stacked against the run and creating good lucks for your rook RB to show (and find out) what he can do?

It's common to either love or hate Peyton Manning...and I'm not a fan of stepping on down teams...but can you honestly say there wasn't good reason for him to be in there and to not run every single play?

Wasnt part of the convo earlier.....but Bump on how dumb the eagles fan looks now... :lol:

Too bad Eli beat the shlt outta me today... :ninja:

Funny stuff.

I would say the Eagles are a good example of why you shouldn't start dicking around in the 3rd quarter just because you have a lead.

Ditto.....

and I have Peyton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh. It is what it is. You were kidding yourself if you thought that Peyton wasn't posting a big performance against the Texans. It's not his fault Houston sucks.

As an FFer, you have two choices: 1) draft Peyton Manning, or 2) draft well enough to overcome this sort of performance. I'm facing one opponent with Peyton this week, and I still beat him by 30.

Can't agree with the 'you never know' theory, not against the texans. Against the giants, if they were up 3 tds and still throwing, it is understandable. Not only that, they have issues with the running game.T hey should have tried out different running formations, whatever they wahted to experiment with. Nothing beats experimenting against a real live nfl team in a real live nfl game. The throwing was utterly unnecessary. It's hard to get to peyton, so the colts don't really look at it like , oh he might get hurt. But all it takes is 1 hit, just 1. Poor etiquete.

if you can't beat em, join em...i hate manning too but finally have him on a fantasy squad because of the padding of the stats!! love hate relationship and stuff, works for me if i make money

yep I've been playing FF for 9 ro 10 years never have had him on my teamm, reached on him based on his adp at 1.04 :wall:

I don't know what the big deal is. I think it was Sterling Sharp said today its not their problem to keep from putting up points.....the other teams D is PAID to stop them putting up points. Quit whining stat padding or not....buck up and stop em or shut the f&%k up.

So how do you propose testing out different running formations when they're stacking against the run and you've decided not to pass anymore because you're winning? Is the best experience you can give a rookie to be had when the box has 8 guys in it because you stopped passing?

...And how many "different" run formations would the Colts, based on the history of their offense, be testing?

Just thoughts. I feel bad for the Texans, but don't peg it on Peyton being an ######. If EDGE were in there and their only backup QB weren't hurt they'd have run almost every play at the end.

I agree it's a joke. He's so overrated it really makes me laugh.

Manning is the ARod of football.

Year after year, he posts amazing regular season stats, but each year, it becomes less and less of a story. Everyone's read this book before. They know how it ends.

Although I've never hoped for an injury (and still don't in this case), I have to admit, it would be real interesting to hear the spin if Manning got injured on a pass play when they were up 30.

You guys are pathetic. This isn't little league where they should forfeit after certain innings.

Should the Colts let Houston score to catch up instead? Should Peyton have done the victory formation in the 3rd quarter? My god, the Colts were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers in the late 3rd quarter on through the end of the game!

Should the Houston coach phone the Colts coach and say "Quit scoring so much!"? B)

You guys are pathetic. This isn't little league where they should forfeit after certain innings.

Should the Colts let Houston score to catch up instead? Should Peyton have done the victory formation in the 3rd quarter? My god, the Colts were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers in the late 3rd quarter on through the end of the game!

Should the Houston coach phone the Colts coach and say "Quit scoring so much!"? B)

Where was the second string quarterback?

So how do you propose testing out different running formations when they're stacking against the run and you've decided not to pass anymore because you're winning? Is the best experience you can give a rookie to be had when the box has 8 guys in it because you stopped passing?

...And how many "different" run formations would the Colts, based on the history of their offense, be testing?

Just thoughts. I feel bad for the Texans, but don't peg it on Peyton being an ######. If EDGE were in there and their only backup QB weren't hurt they'd have run almost every play at the end.

THis is the nfl. Each team probably has about a hundered different run plays. Point being, they are trying to find themselves in regards to the running game. If they are stacking the line with 8, they could try a pitch, sweep, etc. The point being, it isn't results you are looking for, it is establishing the game, finding yourself. I could care less if they run the score up or not. I even own manning in a league. I am not talking about this situation from a fantasy perspective as most on this board are, either hating him because they played against him or loving him because they own him. Strictly from a football perspective, there is much the colts need to do in the post edgerin era. Even if they got stuffed every run play, the texans weren't coming back on the colts. The flip side also is that peyton could get hurt. He gets rid of the ball so quickly the odds are damn near negligble, but they aren't at zero. Every year this happens, I don't really care. I just think this year they have an opportunity in games like that to improve themselves, and peyton throwing to receivers he's been throwing to for years and years is not going to make them any better in any areas...

What happened to the Eagles is exactly why they were still trying to score. You never know what could happen.

Exactly why you keep throwing. They can't move the ball on the ground and their backup QB sucks so bad that he could have lost that game all by himself. It wasn't like he was throwing bombs all day long, that was about as good as they could do to run the clock out believe it or not.

And if you want to blame anyone here, blame Houston for not stopping him. Perhaps if they would have had a RB to keep them on the field they would have slowed him down.

Oh just shutup. Your just jealous that your opponent has him and you are gettign torched.

Too bad azzmunch.... deal with it!

Peyton is the best QB in NFL history, get used to it. :dunno:

All I can say about this is that the Colts were trying to be nice and run the clock out. Kubiak was calling timouts and throwing deep. He got what he deserved. Let the game go it was over. He kept calling timeouts and throwing deep so he got what he asked for.

Oh just shutup. Your just jealous that your opponent has him and you are gettign torched.

Too bad azzmunch.... deal with it!

Peyton is the best QB in NFL history, get used to it. :blink:

Fantasy QB, maybe.

You can't choke in every big game that you've ever played in (including college) and be considered one of the best ever.

Sorry.