Sign in to follow this  
Flashover

Intel Report - War in Iraq has Worsened Terror Threat

WASHINGTON - The Iraq war has contributed to an increased threat of terrorism, according to an intelligence assessment that has not lessened the Senate majority leader's defense of the U.S.-led invasion three years ago and occupation.

The classified assessment of the war's impact on terrorism came in a National Intelligence Estimate that represents a consensus view of the 16 disparate spy services inside government, an intelligence official said Sunday. The report found that the war has helped create a new generation of Islamic radicalism and that the overall terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

:wacko:

Guest Davaco

this is what happens when you are at war with an idea, the idea being hatred towards america.

if you invade a country and kill tens of thousands of innocent civillans, when said country had nothing to do with the war on terror prior to the invaision, nothing to do with 9/11, more people are not going to like you.

:crickets:

Repubes don't like it when it's proven the war backfired miserably and the Dems don't need to trumpet it. :headbanger:

Repubes don't like it when it's proven the war backfired miserably and the Dems don't need to trumpet it. :headbanger:

you know you should go thread to thread and b1tch about the right, the war, bush, etc.

You could make it a daily routine..........O wait, nevermind.

WASHINGTON - The Iraq war has contributed to an increased threat of terrorism, according to an intelligence assessment that has not lessened the Senate majority leader's defense of the U.S.-led invasion three years ago and occupation.

The classified assessment of the war's impact on terrorism came in a National Intelligence Estimate that represents a consensus view of the 16 disparate spy services inside government, an intelligence official said Sunday. The report found that the war has helped create a new generation of Islamic radicalism and that the overall terrorist threat has grown since the Sept. 11 attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

:lol:

Are these the same "Intelligence" agencies that claimed that Iraq had stockpiles of WMDs? :unsure:

OWNED

Are these the same "Intelligence" agencies that claimed that Iraq had stockpiles of WMDs? :ninja:

OWNED

:raspberry:

Guest Davaco
Are these the same "Intelligence" agencies that claimed that Iraq had stockpiles of WMDs? :lol:

OWNED

they never claimed that. the intelligence was correct, dubya just spun it to show they had them becasue he wanted them to have em.

the fact that this asministration admits it was wrong, tells me it was right.

you know you should go thread to thread and b1tch about the right, the war, bush, etc.

You could make it a daily routine..........O wait, nevermind.

Duh, don't you guys know the rules? It is ok for people to start threads about Bill Clinton, it is not ok to start threads about the right, the war, Bush, etc.

I forget again... how many terrorists attacks have there been on Us soil since 9/11?????

Oh yeah thats right.

Fact of the matter is everyone in this country, myself included, would have guaranteed we would have had some attack by now. Give credit to Bush for keeping us safe by fighting the war on terrorism OFF our soil. Ill take that as my proof showing that being in Iraq has less of a terror threat than if we just sat back and let them come to us.

I forget again... how many terrorists attacks have there been on Us soil since 9/11?????

Oh yeah thats right.

Fact of the matter is everyone in this country, myself included, would have guaranteed we would have had some attack by now. Give credit to Bush for keeping us safe by fighting the war on terrorism OFF our soil. Ill take that as my proof showing that being in Iraq has less of a terror threat than if we just sat back and let them come to us.

If you look at the history of AQ you would not expect an attack. They take their time and plan between attacks. They lull their enemy into feeling safe again and then attack.

Oh yeah thats right.

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The "Bear Patrol" is working like a charm!

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: [uncomprehendingly] Thanks, honey.

Lisa: By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Hmm. How does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work. (pause) It's just a stupid rock!

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: (pause) Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

Guest Davaco

Oh yeah thats right.

well, theres only been 1 attack in 2006 years, chances are there wasnt gonna be another.

who was president when the only terror attack happened? with the exception of those 3000 deaths, he sure is doing a good job :banana:

The fact is, that there are 7 times as many troops in Iraq, than Afghanistan. It doesn't look like Bush is really trying to get OBL. He's more concerned about the debacle in Iraq. The intel report is a serious blow to Bush, and the admin. They are doing everything in their power to deflect attention.

Oh yeah thats right.

Yeah, just leave out the fact that about as many Americans have died in Iraq as on 9/11, and leave out the fact that with the kind of resources devoted to Iraq we could have largely stomped Al Qaeda out of existence by now, and leave out the fact that the attack on Iraq has inflamed anti-American passions and expanded Al Qaeda and Iran's range of influence and cost us a lot of goodwill and cooperation around the world - making prospects for the long-term fight against terrorism much more bleak - and this kind of logic holds up just fine. We haven't had another attack yet, so everything must be hunky-focking-dory. :thumbsup:

I will give Bush credit for going after AQ and the Taliban in Afghanistan and scrambling their command and control, for a time. Too bad he didn't see fit to see it through like he should have. And I categorically will not give him credit for using 9/11 as a flimsy excuse to launch a virtually unrelated war that he and his cronies were on record as wanting for years.

Duh, don't you guys know the rules? It is ok for people to start threads about Bill Clinton, it is not ok to start threads about the right, the war, Bush, etc.

Uh I saw maybe two on Clinton bc he made an arse of himself on Sunday. You never saw me in those thread crying like a little girl like you guys do. Would you like to compare that to the 4-6 that are posted daily on the same ole crap, crying, whining, anything that can be tied back to bush. let me know when you get some perspective.

Clinton may have been angry, but what he said was spot on. How many times has Wallace, or Fox news asked Bush the same questions? How many? Zero! Clinton tried to stomp out Bin Laden, but was criticiszed by the repubs for doing it. The repubs were too worried about serious problems like Lewinsky at the time. Keith Olberman nailed it when he said:

Had it been true that Clinton had been distracted from the hunt for bin Laden in 1998 because of the Monica Lewinsky nonsense, why did these same people not applaud him for having bombed bin Laden’s camps in Afghanistan and Sudan on Aug. 20, of that year? For mentioning bin Laden by name as he did so?

That day, Republican Senator Grams of Minnesota invoked the movie "Wag The Dog."

Republican Senator Coats of Indiana questioned Mr. Clinton’s judgment.

Republican Senator Ashcroft of Missouri—the future attorney general—echoed Coats.

Even Republican Senator Arlen Specter questioned the timing.

And of course, were it true Clinton had been “distracted” by the Lewinsky witch-hunt, who on earth conducted the Lewinsky witch-hunt?

Who turned the political discourse of this nation on its head for two years?

Who corrupted the political media?

Who made it impossible for us to even bring back on the air, the counter-terrorism analysts like Dr. Richard Haass, and James Dunegan, who had warned, at this very hour, on this very network, in early 1998, of cells from the Middle East who sought to attack us, here?

Who preempted them in order to strangle us with the trivia that was, “All Monica All The Time”?

Who distracted whom?

:huh:

Anthrax.

Now get back to work...that fry grease isn't going to change itself.

:o

The fact is, that there are 7 times as many troops in Iraq, than Afghanistan. It doesn't look like Bush is really trying to get OBL. He's more concerned about the debacle in Iraq. The intel report is a serious blow to Bush, and the admin. They are doing everything in their power to deflect attention.

Are you people educated at all?!?!?! It shows so much ignorance when people say this. OBL isnt in Afghanistan! By all accounts he is in Pakistan..... which we cant send troops to. We have to rely on radar surveilence and the Pakistani Govt. Its unfortunate... but thats the way it is.

Are you people educated at all?!?!?! It shows so much ignorance when people say this. OBL isnt in Afghanistan! By all accounts he is in Pakistan..... which we cant send troops to. We have to rely on radar surveilence and the Pakistani Govt. Its unfortunate... but thats the way it is.

He was in Afghanistan. HTH.

~20,000 members of Al Qaeda before the Iraq War

~50,000 members of Al Qaeda today

It doesn't take a genius (or an intel report) to see the obvious.

He was in Afghanistan. HTH.

well shiot torrid since you seem to know all this inside info on the behind the scenes stuff at the clinton administration and all about OBL's whereabouts, why are you here on a message bored. why aren't you helping the current government track him down? Do you precieve whining on a football message bored to bring about the greater good?

well shiot torrid since you seem to know all this inside info on the behind the scenes stuff at the clinton administration and all about OBL's whereabouts, why are you here on a message bored. why aren't you helping the current government track him down?
The only one who has made pronouncements about OBL's current whereabouts here is PackerAttacker, but of course, utterly predictably, as a fellow Bush apologist you have no problem with that.

Do you precieve whining on a football message bored to bring about the greater good?
Irony, coming from the whiniest waste of bandwidth on the board. The main difference being that you whine about other posters rather than politics or ideas. You know, things that actually focking matter. Please enlighten us as to how your incessant b!tching about the fact that other posters actually have the audacity to form an opinion on issues works to serve the greater good. :(

The only one who has made pronouncements about OBL's current whereabouts here is PackerAttacker, but of course, utterly predictably, as a fellow Bush apologist you have no problem with that.

Irony, coming from the whiniest waste of bandwidth on the board. The main difference being that you whine about other posters rather than politics or ideas. You know, things that actually focking matter. Please enlighten us as to how your incessant b!tching about the fact that other posters actually have the audacity to form an opinion on issues works to serve the greater good. :thumbsup:

here is something new, my resident stalker has come out to play. Not getting enough attention comming to MDC's rescue lately? trying to expand your horizions and make a new internet friend? good luck with that.

when my day becomes a pathetic as yours, that is I do nothing but cry about how bad the world is and tie it back to bush, then I will end it. Personally I like the world, I like the country, I like me dambit. You on the other hand should just end it. Think about it, not crying like a little girl every day, your wife could marry a real man, and your kids could actually be proud of their father for once. Are you posting from France?

Irony, coming from the whiniest waste of bandwidth on the board. The main difference being that you whine about other posters rather than politics or ideas. You know, things that actually focking matter. Please enlighten us as to how your incessant b!tching about the fact that other posters actually have the audacity to form an opinion on issues works to serve the greater good. :mad:

LOL I was about to say, what's worse, whining on a message board or whining about others whining on a message board? :cry:

here is something new, my resident stalker has come out to play. Not getting enough attention comming to MDC's rescue lately? trying to expand your horizions and make a new internet friend? good luck with that.

when my day becomes a pathetic as yours, that is I do nothing but cry about how bad the world is and tie it back to bush, then I will end it. Personally I like the world, I like the country, I like me dambit. You on the other hand should just end it. Think about it, not crying like a little girl every day, your wife could marry a real man, and your kids could actually be proud of their father for once. Are you posting from France?

If you're so happy I wonder why you come off as such a miserable, whiny, little fockhole online?

I love this country just fine, that's why I get upset at idiots like George Bush and his friends doing everything in their power to fock it up and stupid focks like you defending it. Not that you ever actually defend anything, that might require some actual thinking on your part and I think we all know that ain't gonna happen. The fact that you think I should move out of the country rather than speak my mind speaks volumes about what you really think about the principles this country is based on. Maybe you should find a nice totalitarian country where free speech is not allowed since it upsets you so.

As for me stalking you. :mad: I think we both know who started the insults and jumping in the other's sh!t. You are a trolling tool, all you do is go around looking for people to attack, see this thread for example, then act surprised when people respond in kind. On top of everything else, you are a big pussy. :cry:

It's also pretty clear who's pining for MDC. :banana:

Yes, America is failing under the Republicans. The 'Pubs are more about marketing than substance, more about propaganda than accomplishment. I see no change until the post Bush era

:mad: :cry: :banana: :cry:

that about sums it up don't it stalker boy? You should hook up w/ cyric, you could share 'cyber' tips.

when you sit down for breakfast in the morning and you are pouring cereal into your bowl of tears, do your kids look at you and call you a puzzay? :huh:

that about sums it up don't it stalker boy? You should hook up w/ cyric, you could share 'cyber' tips.

when you sit down for breakfast in the morning and you are pouring cereal into your bowl of tears, do your kids look at you and call you a puzzay? :mad:

Oh, and incredibly lame, I think I forgot that one. :rolleyes:

You really should try to find a site where you can punch your weight, you're just a joke here.

when you sit down for breakfast in the morning and you are pouring cereal into your bowl of tears, do your kids look at you and call you a puzzay? :rolleyes:

You must have been on the debate team in High School

Oh, and incredibly lame, I think I forgot that one. :mad:

You really should try to find a site where you can punch your weight, you're just a joke here.

Does this mean you won't let me into your 'puzzay 'liberal' group' where you follow me into threads and when someone says something bad to me you jump in and take up for me?

that sucks <_<

You must have been on the debate team in High School

STFU moron. :rolleyes:

Does this mean you won't let me into your 'puzzay 'liberal' group' where you follow me into threads and when someone says something bad to me you jump in and take up for me?

that sucks :(

Do you put plastic bags over your head for fun or something?

I hope you didn't tax your last few functioning brain cells coming up with that devastating rebuttal. You could use someone to take up for you, that's for sure. :cheers: