Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Most Iraqis approve of attacks on our troops

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_...a/iraqi_opinion

It just keeps getting better, right?

Majority of Iraqis support attacks on US troops

WASHINGTON - About six in 10 Iraqis say they approve of attacks on U.S.-led forces, and slightly more than that want their government to ask U.S. troops to leave within a year, a poll finds.

The Iraqis also have negative views of

Osama bin Laden, according to the early September poll of 1,150.

The poll, done for University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes, found:

_Almost four in five Iraqis say the U.S. military force in

Iraq provokes more violence than it prevents.

_About 61 percent approved of the attacks — up from 47 percent in January. A solid majority of Shiite and Sunni Arabs approved of the attacks, according to the poll. The increase came mostly among Shiite Iraqis.

_An overwhelmingly negative opinion of terror chief bin Laden and more than half, 57 percent, disapproving of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

_Three-fourths say they think the U.S. plans to keep military bases in Iraq permanently.

_A majority of Iraqis, 72 percent, say they think Iraq will be one state five years from now. Shiite Iraqis were most likely to feel that way, though a majority of Sunnis and Kurds also believed that would be the case.

The PIPA poll, which included an oversample of 150 Sunni Iraqis, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The State Department, meanwhile, has conducted its own poll, something it does periodically, spokesman Sean McCormack said. The State Department poll found two-thirds of Iraqis in Baghdad favor an immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces, according to The Washington Post. McCormack declined to discuss details of the department's poll.

====================================================================

I don't think we can afford to pull troops out until some semblance of order is restored, but I think now's the time to start laying the PR/rhetorical groundwork for a withdrawl. Set some vague "goal" and when things aren't rock bottom announce to a lot of pomp and swager that we've succeeded in our mission and get the fock out of there. It's been such a colossal waste of money and troops from the beginning - at this point pride seems to be the main reason we're there.

I support attacks on most Iraqis

I thought we were there to liberate them? Or was that last week when you were talking out the other side of your mouth? :dunno:

I thought we were there to liberate them? Or was that last week when you were talking out the other side of your mouth? :dunno:

I never said such a thing panzy boy.

These numbers would be so much more useful it they broke it down by ethnic group.

Something like 100% of Sunnis, 70% of Shiites, and 0% of Kurds approve of attacks on us and want us to leave.

I never said such a thing panzy boy.

So we're spending billions to bring "freedom" to people you loathe and want to kill.

Lots of great ideas going on in that huge head of yours! :doublethumbsup:

Bush can now claim to be a "uniter not a divider" since he's successfully brought all of Iraq together in hating us.

So you think it is better that Iraqis approve of attacks on our troops? :unsure:

...just when you think you've heard the dumbest this guy has to offer... :lol:

It's your qoute, Sport.

I can't figure out what's sadder...the fact that you actually believe what you type, or the fact that you think anyone else would in a million years. :wall: :dunno:

So you think it is better that Iraqis approve of attacks on our troops? :banana:

that's pretty lame man. if you're serious, you're retarded. if you're joking, you're one unfunny (retarded) bastage. you've had better moments.

Set some vague "goal" and when things aren't rock bottom announce to a lot of pomp and swager that we've succeeded in our mission and get the fock out of there.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :doh:

I support attacks on most Iraqis

Good call, Ken.

Then why are spending $400 billion to liberate their ass?

You crack me up, but it's sad that they allow you to vote. :banana:

Good call, Ken.

Then why are spending $400 billion to liberate their ass?

You crack me up, but it's sad that they allow you to vote. :(

Good english there champ, get your fingers out of your favre blow up dolls ass and then type.

HTH

Good english there champ, get your fingers out of your favre blow up dolls ass and then type.

HTH

:lol: Focking awesome, man. :(

Back on topic.

It's a shame that these people, the ones we are sending our best and brightest to die protecting don't appreciate us enough even to root for us to not get blown up. IMO, the sad reality is that this is only going to get worse until we pacify their country...and I simply do not see us doing that with troop levels at their current strength.

How long does it take to arm and train an Iraqi security force? They still aren't ready?

This is beyond ridiculous. It's been what?.... 4 or 5 years now? After all the money and resources we've given them and they still can't defend and police themselves!?!?!?! What's the damn holdup?

that's pretty lame man. if you're serious, you're retarded. if you're joking, you're one unfunny (retarded) bastage. you've had better moments.

funny how you chose to bash rp and completly ignored volitares comment.

Bush can now claim to be a "uniter not a divider" since he's successfully brought all of Iraq together in hating us.

yea, thats funny.

When we pushed back the German army into Germany, I'm guessing that most innocent Germans approved of attacks on us as well. Then again, most French approved of attacks on Germans when they attacked too.

These polls proves nothing and are stoopid. Whether you're doing the right thing or not, the people of a land are not going to want others militarily occupying their land. Duh!