Sign in to follow this  
MahSoonerz

Waiver Wire Madness

OK, I know some of you will say this is ridiculous and that I am ruining all of fantasy football for doing this. Looked ahead and saw we have a big week 6 problem with Chester Taylor and Fred Taylor both on bye. Our other RBs are Cedric " :D " Benson and Brandon Jacobs, plus we nabbed Wali Lundy in a special rookie round held right after our draft. (I have a co-owner, hence the plural pronouns.)

Waivers are first come first serve in our league, and you retain the rights to your waived players until Thursdays at 9pm. Flip flopping is a time honored tradition in our league, sometimes guys will carry an extra player for weeks no matter how much they rack up in WW fees.

We play our biggest conference rival, last year's conference champ and previous year's SB winner, in week 6, having already kicked his ass in week 2. Plus he has Ahman Green off that week. So we waived our entire 4 RB roster and intend to flip flop them all through week 6, just to make sure we have all the available starting RBs.

New to our squad are Ron Dayne, Travis Henry, Michael Robinson and Maurice Morris. Got the claim in for Morris 3 minutes before the Alexander owner, which was extra sweet, although frankly we weren't thinking about him when we did this. We should be able to get two starting RBs out of that bunch that week.

As an added bonus, our other big conference rival also has both his starting RBs off that week (Dillon and Addai). :first:

The only problem (besides the WW fees) is that I'll hate to let any of them go after week 6. I really like Robinson in a keeper league and my co-owner has an inexplicable unshakable belief in Dayne.

Should be some good trade bait. :P

Your league is easily one of the dumbest around with that setup. I don't get why you are coming on here and bragging about how much of a douche you are. Any true competitive league makes you drop any players for a pick up and has some set roster limits, thus morons like you who pick up all the kickers, or in this case running backs do not exist.

I would just quit playing in a league like this...

there went the "all emoticon" replies..... ;)

But I do agree, how lame of a league is this?

I don't get why you are coming on here and bragging about how much of a douche you are.

Precisely! :banana:

I would just quit playing in a league like this...

You weren't invited. We like our league just fine. :banana:

No comment, I just like posting this banana. :banana:

:banana:

:pointstosky:

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

I don't remember asking you a question.

So Thurs at 8 PM you pick all your starting rbs up again? Whats the catch? Whats gonna stop the ritchest owner from doing this all week? Doesnt this essentially mean your roster on Thur at 9 pm is 15 players but the rest of the week its 30-#of starters?

Whats the catch?

I think I just sprained my gray matter.

:huh:

I am no one to comment on RB hoarding. I've got no format to pull anything as craperific as your dasterdly deed, but I did add 2 RB in week 1, then 2 more this week in the WCOFF, giving me a bench of Bryson, MMoore, Fisher (SJax Handcuff) and Leoooooooon Washington behind Bell SJax and JJones. If Kevin Jones or Chester Taylor should conveniently decide to break a fibula, I'm living large. :rolleyes:

I say the more the merrier. I tried to get 3 today, but someone nudged my bid on Robinson by $60. I could bid $90 less on Washington, too. :mad:

So Thurs at 8 PM you pick all your starting rbs up again? Whats the catch? Whats gonna stop the ritchest owner from doing this all week? Doesnt this essentially mean your roster on Thur at 9 pm is 15 players but the rest of the week its 30-#of starters?

Whats the catch?

don't try to understand it, just roll with it and post a :cry:

" :mad: I love Dayne, I Love Robinson, Dayne rocks, No way ROBINSON is better! "

" OH, SHOT! If we keep both in our keeper league we will win all the :first: !! "

Then reality hits next year - :wacko:, :wall:, :mad:

Partnership OVER!!

"my co-owner has an inexplicable unshakable belief in Dayne"

:wacko:

The beauty of the co-owner thing is that my friend and I have incredibly similar opinions on what makes good football and football players. It's rare we disagree in our evaluations. Most of the teams in our league have two owners. I think about two thirds of us (not including me) are from the same extended family, and most of the rest are old Air Force buddies. Seems normal enough to me.

Only one owner is kinda ticked about this. Another was ticked because we wouldn't trade him Chester Taylor for TO (post-finger but pre-OD) and Dominic Rhodes, but he got over it with good humor. Most everyone else respects the move, even if they hate it. While we do this kind of thing all the time, this has to be the most spectacular example ever. I like it, makes watching the waiver wire more exciting, and the other owners are no slouches so it's not like we're taking advantage of anyone. They'd do it to us if they were in the same position and thought of it first.

Cost is $1 per move, a flip-flop being two moves. Our WW looked like this:

before 9pm:

28Sep- Carolina waives Chester Taylor and reclaims Cedric Benson.

28Sep- Carolina waives Fred Taylor and reclaims Brandon Jacobs.

28Sep- Carolina waives Maurice Morris and reclaims Travis Henry.

28Sep- Carolina waives Ron Dayne and reclaims Michael Robinson.

after 9pm:

28Sep- Carolina waives Cedric Benson and reclaims Chester Taylor.

28Sep- Carolina waives Brandon Jacobs and reclaims Fred Taylor.

28Sep- Carolina waives Travis Henry and reclaims Maurice Morris.

28Sep- Carolina waives Michael Robinson and reclaims Ron Dayne.

So this is costing us $8 a week.

And that is probably more than you ever wanted to know about my quirky league.

Cost is $1 per move, a flip-flop being two moves. Our WW looked like this:

before 9pm:

28Sep- Carolina waives Chester Taylor and reclaims Cedric Benson.

28Sep- Carolina waives Fred Taylor and reclaims Brandon Jacobs.

28Sep- Carolina waives Maurice Morris and reclaims Travis Henry.

28Sep- Carolina waives Ron Dayne and reclaims Michael Robinson.

after 9pm:

28Sep- Carolina waives Cedric Benson and reclaims Chester Taylor.

28Sep- Carolina waives Brandon Jacobs and reclaims Fred Taylor.

28Sep- Carolina waives Travis Henry and reclaims Maurice Morris.

28Sep- Carolina waives Michael Robinson and reclaims Ron Dayne.

So this is costing us $8 a week.

And that is probably more than you ever wanted to know about my quirky league.

So does that mean that Benson, Jacobs, Henry and Robinson are no longer available to anyone else in your league for this weekend?

If the answer is 'No':

Wow... what a supid league.

If it's "Yes":

Wow... what a king size ###### you are.

You should call your league MLB. Sounds like the one's willing to spend the most and build huge rosters will inevitably win. At least you have another owner to foot the bill with. One smart decision out of many stupid ones.

Right now I have...12man redraft..

Lamont Jordan

Stephen Jackson

Joe Addai

Morency

Mo Morris

Drew Jones

Now who the the sam hill do I start...

Jordan..hes gonna start

Jackson

Dunno who else...

I pick these guys up to prevent other teams from getting them.

Just gives me a headache trying to decide who to start.

But I do agree, how lame of a league is this?

Just my two cents - but if you hate his league so much, why don't you just not post a "I hate your league" comment. The topic about his league would just disappear all the quicker if you didn't bump it. Since you seem to not like his league, why don't you just let it go? No one cares if you think his league is lame, or at least i don't.

one thing i have learned in my life is that if i dont understand something, its probaly because its gay, so, you're league is gay, because it makes no sense.

good luck with your lance bass little nancy league

I know no one really cares but too bad. Just wanted to report the results of these wacky hijinx.

We beat our conference rival this week 73-65, starting Travis Henry and Maurice Morris against the Dallas backfield (which actually didn't do too badly for him). Lowest scoring winner this week. Meanwhile, the other conference foe who got the shaft from our ploy had to start Musa Smith and Samkon Gado and lost. That makes us tied for the conference lead at 4-2 but we have the tie-breaker, being undefeated in conference play. No one in our league has a better record.

The emergence of Travis Henry has allowed us to trade away Fred Taylor and a WR TBA (probably Mark Clayton) for Marvin Harrison. I hate to give up Mah Sooner in a keeper league, but this will be the first time in years that we have had a top flight WR on our team so I am happy.

We may hang onto Maurice Morris another week to cover for Travis' bye and are cutting Ron Dayne and Michael Robinson with our thanks. The total waiver wire fees came to $22. ($23 if we hang onto Morris)

I'd say this insane plan worked to perfection. :pointstosky:

I don't quite understand all of that, but you and your partner are definately nutz> on several counts.

I've got a feeling that when he and his partner talk nobody else in the room can see who he's talking too.

I've got a feeling that when he and his partner talk nobody else in the room can see who he's talking too.

Of course! He's on the phone, silly! :dunno:

:banana:

That is because they are in the closet