Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Admit it - who passed on Portis becasue of shoulder injury ?

:(

:banana:

I had pick 1.9 and focking passed on Portis to take Peyton Manning ( 6 points all touchdowns ) . :headbanger:

Portis Right now IMO is #2 running back next to LT !

portis is an absolute STUD and he will be the top scoring back in the NFC this year. :banana:

oh, and i got in with the first pick of the second round. :headbanger:

in a 10 team league, i did for ronnie brown at pick #7. But he lasted back to me on the snake and grabbed him. big thing though is how you survived the first 2 weeks. i went 1-1, so i can live. but if you took him and went 0-2, you may not be bad off.

also, makes the bad start for ronnie brown bearable for me. brown is now my #2..........

Might be Al Saunders scheme shining through ! He did it against a all world run stoppingn defense ! He was breaking off 8 yard runs like nothing. Portis seriously might be a 20 TD guy still !

I did...in the 1st round (8th pick of a 10 teamer)...thankfully the other 2 passed on him with their picks...and I landed him in the 2nd.

Though, it only makes up for the Ronnie Brown pick in the 1st.

I passed on him.

I always pass on him.

I never have a Redskin on my team. That would upset the FF gods that covern my teams.

until his shoulder pops out again

does that make you feel better for taking mcgahee over him?

In my only redraft league (12 owners), I had the 1st overall pick, so I was never gonna get him. Our draft was the weekend BEFORE Labor Day weekend, & Portis fell to pick 2.05. That owner took SJack in the 1st Rd & also has Eli, S Moss & Stallworth.... His team is looking very good.. Unfortunately I am in his division... :banana:

does that make you feel better for taking mcgahee over him?

Yeah, I'm doing fine in that league. :huh:

itsatip that all good players are only good until they get injured.

I would have drafted him at #5 if not for the shoulder thing. Instead I opted for SJax. OK with the decision so far, but we'll see....

portis is an absolute STUD and he will be the top scoring back in the NFC this year. :huh:

oh, and i got in with the first pick of the second round. :D

Just admit it that you were a little nervous about drafting him :(

Just admit it that you were a little nervous about drafting him :D

maybe a little...but it was pick you have to make. he was the #4 back before the injury and it's not like it was knee injury...i was willing to take a slow start for the #4 back. he was a steal @ #11. :thumbsup:

brown at #10...not so much. :(

I'm man enough to admit it: I passed on Portis for Edge because of the shoulder injury. :thumbsup:

Of course...I got Westbrook a couple of rounds later so it worked out :(.

took him in round 2 - everybody was like :wall: .

took t.bell in round 6 - everybody was like :lol: .

now i've portis, bell, dunn, and caddy - everybody is like :dunno: .

Passed on him at 1.11, took L Jordan as the "safe pick" due to the injury - we all know how LJordan is working out this year :dunno:

I did plan to take him at 1.14 but the owner at the turn snaked him. If Portis plays at this pace the rest of the season, I was wrong. If he misses some games b\c shoulder then not such a bad decision.

Nope, I took him at #7 despite the injury. Tried to trade down to the #5 spot to get him, but the greedy skippy wanted my first 3 picks....he picked Edge. :lol: He's played just over two games and has 4 TDs, and I've started 3-1. :wall:

I passed on him.

I always pass on him.

I never have a Redskin on my team. That would upset the FF gods that covern my teams.

Finally, a real fan! I hear ya' 'Mouth. As a Redskins fan I never draft players from the NFC East. Although we cheer for rival teams, it's good to see somebody put their team above fantasy. :dunno:

Ok I'll cop to it, I passed on him for LaMont Jordan, but oh well. I still ended up with Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Jacobs, and DeAngelo Williams, so I am pretty happy with my RBs. <_<

I passed on him at the WCOFF at 1.10 for SJax. Not too disappointed. But what bothers me is that I passed on him at 2.03 where I was very very tempted to take him, and took Larry Fitzgerald instead.

Now that Warner has killed Fitz value, I have to pray that Leinart wakes the hell up and throws to him early & often or I'll be kicking myself for letting Portis slip for the rest of the season.

In my other league I took LJordan over Portis, but that was early August so I can't fault myself too much for that one. I knew Jordan would come around once the matchups got softer. with SF, AZ and HOU on the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised to see LJordan give Portis a serious run for the money in terms of production for the next month.

in a 10 team league, i did for ronnie brown at pick #7. But he lasted back to me on the snake and grabbed him. big thing though is how you survived the first 2 weeks. i went 1-1, so i can live. but if you took him and went 0-2, you may not be bad off.

also, makes the bad start for ronnie brown bearable for me. brown is now my #2..........

Same exact draft for me, except I have Thomas Jones as my 3rd RB in case I want to bench Brown.

At pick #7 of 10, I passed on him because Rudi slipped to me. I wanted him on the way back, but he was gobbled up at 2.2...oh well, I compensated by picking C. Taylor, K. Jones, D. Foster and L. Maroney in rounds 3-6 and am 4-0.

Carson Palmer will be a great QB until his knee breaks again.

Deuce McAllister will be a descent back until his knee gets reinjured.

Culpepper will play until he is reinjured.

Shaun Alexander we be a good back when he returns, until he injures his foot again.

Steve Smith is a stud WR until his hammy snaps again.

Pennington will play well until his shoulder breaks again.

If Portis is such a "reinjury" risk, why not these guys?

Carson Palmer will be a great QB until his knee breaks again.

Deuce McAllister will be a descent back until his knee gets reinjured.

Culpepper will play until he is reinjured.

Shaun Alexander we be a good back when he returns, until he injures his foot again.

Steve Smith is a stud WR until his hammy snaps again.

Pennington will play well until his shoulder breaks again.

If Portis is such a "reinjury" risk, why not these guys?

they all are, what do I win?

i'm still undecided on whether I like my TatumBell+DeShaunFoster for Clinton Portis trade. It's been good so far, and he's saved my arse in two consecutive weeks. But based on what I see out of Ronnie Brown/Chester Taylor/Fred Taylor I'm not sure how stocked I am at RB anymore and that I might not be better off with Bell/Foster in the long run. But a 20+ yrd outing by Driver tonight makes me 4-0, nothing to sneeze at!

I passed on him.

I always pass on him.

Right on! In addition to never drafting Redskins, I never draft a Raidah! :thumbsdown:

I traded my first two picks(1.06 and 2.07) to the guy with (1.10 and 2.03). I would have taken Portis @ 1.06 but figured I'd trade down and hope he fell to me(which he did <_< ). At 2.03 I grabbed Westbrook and two rounds later I took D. Foster for insurance. The guy I traded w/ ended up w/ R. Brown and L. Fitzgerald with the picks I swapped w/ him. I think that with all things considered I made the right move. :blink:

I passed on Portis at 1.07 to pick up Edge.

I couldn't believe he was available at 2.06 so I grabbed him up and have been doing the dancing banana ever since. :o

Had the #6 pick, hoping to get someone like Rudi, Ronnie, or SJax. Stupid people in my league took E James and Rudi 4th and 5th, so I nabbed Barber at #6 (ok, maybe the rudi pick is looking good so far). Coming back around into round 2, no one had him (everyone was deathly afraid of his shoulder injury), so I had no choice but to take him at 2.07. Combine that with Kevin Jones and D Rhodes as my fill ins and Darrell Jackson and McNabb, I've been able to get thru the first 4 weeks 4-0 with the most points scored so far! :thumbsdown: