UCLA/Arizona over 40-- 2 units

Tennessee/Georgia over 38

Wake/Clemson over 44

Georgia over 18

Stanford over 12.5-- 2 units

Western Michigan -4-- 2 units

Stanford +30

West Virginia -13.5 (1st half)

Ditka: Does Mid. Tennessee have money on Louisville? Two times in makable FG range and they decide to first punt and then go for it on 4th and long?!? Load of sh!t! :rolleyes:

Just a reminder.....

My god take Nebraska to cover that 7 points tommorow

As an ISU alum i can tell you....we will get killed. We got beat by a terribly overrated Iowa team, woodshedded by Texas, and last week scraped by 1AA Northern Iowa by 1 point and they missed a fg as time expired....and that was at ISU.

Eaaaasssssyyyy money

Just a reminder.....

My god take Nebraska to cover that 7 points tommorow

As an ISU alum i can tell you....we will get killed. We got beat by a terribly overrated Iowa team, woodshedded by Texas, and last week scraped by 1AA Northern Iowa by 1 point and they missed a fg as time expired....and that was at ISU.

Eaaaasssssyyyy money

Bet your own money!

Ditka: Does Mid. Tennessee have money on Louisville? Two times in makable FG range and they decide to first punt and then go for it on 4th and long?!? Load of sh!t! :rolleyes:

I was thinking this game would be an all scrub 4th quarter. I hope Louisville covers.

The spread is coming into question. Getting dicey.

Tick...tick....tick.....

Even though I don't have high definition on TV, I swear I can see the vein throbbing on Petrino's forehead as he yells at Cantwell. Come on, Louisville, just run the ball the rest of the game.

Tick....tick....tick....

Any thoughts on TTech?

Officially passing on the game.

Officially passing on the game.

That's what I decided too as I was trying to think of something to do while watching the game. I was thinking that the TTech home/road dichotomy was big, but it turned out to only be a big SU difference. The books have planned for it ATS.

Last three years for TTech in conference play

SU ATS

home 10-2 6-6

road 4-8 6-6

That man love being said....Please tell me why I shouldnt be all over Wash ST @ Ore St, Col vs Baylor,Tenn @ UGA, LSU @ FLA,NM St vs Idaho, or SF vs Oak. Im loving these games. Any info you have that should sway my thoughts?

I took NM St for 3 units, so I like them alot. And the over. Outstanding passing team. Much improved this year. The line hasn't caught up with how much better they are this year, as they were horrid last year, not covering a single game.

I like Florida for 2 units. I've been on Florida a lot this year, and I'll go to the well again. Their defense really shut down Alabama last week.

Wash St small. Much better team than Oregon St.

Baylor small. Colorado pass defense is a weakness, and Baylor can't run the ball anyway. FG game, probably.

Still looking at Tenn/Georgia.

I don't look at NFL until Sunday morning.

Philly:

Im not being a smartazz here.....are you like the board football betting guy here?

I just kinda got into throwing some money on games....and you sound pretty knowledgeable.

That's what I decided too as I was trying to think of something to do while watching the game. I was thinking that the TTech home/road dichotomy was big, but it turned out to only be a big SU difference. The books have planned for it ATS.

Last three years for TTech in conference play

SU ATS

home 10-2 6-6

road 4-8 6-6

Most guys in here that pay attention to my betting patterns know I could normally careless about ATS. I really take alot of stock on how a team is playing now. That being said Texas Tech showed a ton of heart to hang in there and win the game last week. That kind of action can carry a team.

Philly:

Im not being a smartazz here.....are you like the board football betting guy here?

I just kinda got into throwing some money on games....and you sound pretty knowledgeable.

Since me and philly are growing old in this thread I can say that he is our resident number guy. There is not a number out there that he can't find and he is always around for us.

My advice to a newer guy to gambling is to tread lightly. Don't try to play the number of games some of us do. For every great weekend we have we all take a beating at some point. In the last four years it amazes me at some of the guys that come here win a couple bucks off our picks, take a beating, then are never heard from again.

Some of the newer guys are making some good calls on this thread. They just need a larger track record of sharing info.

Most guys in here that pay attention to my betting patterns know I could normally careless about ATS. I really take alot of stock on how a team is playing now. That being said Texas Tech showed a ton of heart to hang in there and win the game last week. That kind of action can carry a team.

Since me and philly are growing old in this thread I can say that he is our resident number guy. There is not a number out there that he can't find and he is always around for us.

My advice to a newer guy to gambling is to tread lightly. Don't try to play the number of games some of us do. For every great weekend we have we all take a beating at some point. In the last four years it amazes me at some of the guys that come here win a couple bucks off our picks, take a beating, then are never heard from again.

Some of the newer guys are making some good calls on this thread. They just need a larger track record of sharing info.

Oh ok.....thanks man...i appreciate the help.

Hah..i wont blame ya if i lose...hows that?

Yeah i dont know much...but that Nebraska game is a layup....but thanks for the advice..i wont throw out any predictions on much since im new.

Everyone likes to see your predictions. Just don't use the "L" word. It is the same four letter word that you use when you shut a door and "L(" it. It is the opposite of unlock!

Everyone likes to see your predictions. Just don't use the "L" word. It is the same four letter word that you use when you shut a door and "L(" it. It is the opposite of unlock!

Hah...ok gotcha.

But hey...my virgin voyage into betting on games went well

Louisville 17.5 points (first half)

Over 52

And MTSU covering 29.5

3 for 3.....nice!!

Mid Tenny covers, Tigers win. That caps a profit once again, haters!

Hah...ok gotcha.

But hey...my virgin voyage into betting on games went well

Louisville 17.5 points (first half)

Over 52

And MTSU covering 29.5

3 for 3.....nice!!

Hate to point this out to you but Louisville didn't cover the 17.5 line at the half. It was 23-10.

Out of curiosity, is anyone here on covers? I usually hang out there for college football betting purposes (and that's where I post my picks, occasionally bring them over here, but not extremely often). I pretty much come here to check on ideas from PB (last year, this year, him and HD).

Hate to point this out to you but Louisville didn't cover the 17.5 line at the half. It was 23-10.

Can't keep a good man down for too long. Thanks again for the money (but you're killing me by expanding your card for the week! Now I have to go seeking out those lines!)

I expanded because tomorrow I am going to be home alone with the big screen and a crockpot of chili (with elk meat that is thawing).

And because that drunk ###### phillybear called me a degenerate last night.

Lol yeah i just saw that......dammit!!!

Oh well...2 out of 3.

Overall College YTD: 101-78-4; +43.17 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 41-25-1; +39.72 units

CFL: 15-9; +10.75 units

Friday

Middle Tennessee St (+29.5) for 2 units. WINNER!!

It wasn't easy on the heart, but winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah. :banana:

Overall College YTD: 102-78-4; +45.17 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 42-25-1; +41.72 units

CFL: 15-9; +10.75 units

The larger wagers keep hitting. Let's keep it going. :dunno:

I expanded because tomorrow I am going to be home alone with the big screen and a crockpot of chili (with elk meat that is thawing).

Your late card looks very winnable (although I'm not too sure about Tenn-Georgia reaching 38 points), so I took a few bucks from tonight's winnings and did a rarity for me: a 5-team parlay:

1. Football - Florida - spread -1 (-110)

for the entire game held on Oct 7 at 2:30pm [pending]

2. Football - Arizona/UCLA - total Over 40 (-110)

for the entire game held on Oct 7 at 6:00pm [pending]

3. Football - Tennessee/Georgia - total Over 37 (-120)

for the entire game held on Oct 7 at 6:45pm [pending]

4. Football - Penn State - spread -3 (+100)

for the entire game held on Oct 7 at 11:00am [pending]

5. Football - Washington State - spread -3 (-105)

Best of luck to all, as always! :dunno:

Don't be surprised to see UT/UGA reach 38. No one has held Tennessee under 20 points yet this season, and I really don't expect a runaway. This score could be a lot higher than people think.

Have to like those that can't differentiate a win from a loss. A bookies dream.

Good stuff from Hurricane Ditka.

Over the last couple of years, both of us have enjoyed some decent success and each have developed a following with our track record. Our records speak for themselves. I put some time into writeups when I have a chance, which basically is the weekday games. I do tons of research, and I hope that it is worthwhile. My goal is simple: turn a small profit, have fun, I like having lots of action on the board. It is not recommended to bet as many game as I do, but my goal is simply to pick more winners than losers, and stay ahead of the juice. The last two years have been very successful. A few years ago, I was up +700 units based on the way I am betting nowadays. That won't happen again, but my yearly goal is to top 100 units. I also want to keep people from paying for picks from services. There are a couple that are very legit, and I compare my plays to theirs to see if we are on the same page. But the vast majority are scam artist creeps that will bleed you dry. When you have guys like Hurricane Ditka and phillybear trying to steer you in the right direction, and for free, you can't beat that.

I read each and every post in these threads. Keep them coming. :dunno:

Have to like those that can't differentiate a win from a loss. A bookies dream.

Ehhh blow me.....first time betting on a game.

Got the other 2 though chief.

Out of curiosity, is anyone here on covers? I usually hang out there for college football betting purposes (and that's where I post my picks, occasionally bring them over here, but not extremely often). I pretty much come here to check on ideas from PB (last year, this year, him and HD).

My covers name is "Lackman". I check out that site religiously.

Guilty as charged. I was very drunk last night. Work was very rough today.

Ah, come on. We are all degenerates. Admit it. :banana:

Over the last couple of years, both of us have enjoyed some decent success and each have developed a following with our track record. Our records speak for themselves. I put some time into writeups when I have a chance, which basically is the weekday games. I do tons of research, and I hope that it is worthwhile. My goal is simple: turn a small profit, have fun, I like having lots of action on the board. It is not recommended to bet as many game as I do, but my goal is simply to pick more winners than losers, and stay ahead of the juice. The last two years have been very successful. A few years ago, I was up +700 units based on the way I am betting nowadays. That won't happen again, but my yearly goal is to top 100 units. I also want to keep people from paying for picks from services. There are a couple that are very legit, and I compare my plays to theirs to see if we are on the same page. But the vast majority are scam artist creeps that will bleed you dry. When you have guys like Hurricane Ditka and phillybear trying to steer you in the right direction, and for free, you can't beat that.

I read each and every post in these threads. Keep them coming. :banana:

A couple of years ago I know I made alot of guys rich on here by demanding that everyone ride Utah every week before anyone knew who Urban Meyer was. Last year this site was down so much I did my own thing. This year has been a first for me, I am betting a full card every week and just trying to beat the juice. Almost like a machine.

Philly does his homework, no doubt. I create my own top 100 college ranking system every week based off record, meaningful wins and point trends. I then look at the next weeks matchups and play the games that should cover based off my rankings.

Philly/myself stick our necks out on the line every week posting these picks and I do feel some pressure to be correct. I hate to lose, and I hate to lose even more when you all are riding us.

Ah, come on. We are all degenerates. Admit it. :banana:

:wub: How many times do I got to say it!! I am a lover! :wub:

Overall

64-47-5 +20.945 units

2+ plays 13-11-1 +5.995 units

My Saturday card:

Penn St. -3 LOSER

Syracuse +7 LOSER

W. Mich -4 LOSER

Arkansas +14.5 WINNER

Kent -24 2 units LOSER

Stanford +29.5 WINNER

Miss. St. +21 3 units LOSER

Washington +19 2 units WINNER

Bowling Green +35.5 WINNER

Georgia Tech -14 LOSER

Florida -1 WINNER

Kansas St. ML +126 WINNER

New Mex. St. PK 2 units LOSER

Colorado St. -17.5 WINNER

E. Carolina -6.5 2 units WINNER

Kentucky +4.5 LOSER

Tex Tech -4 LOSER

C. Mich ML +122 WINNER

Wash St. -3 WINNER

S. Fla -6.5 WINNER

New Mexico PK LOSER

Iowa St. +7 LOSER

Hawaii -11 1.5 units LOSER

couple notes on the big 12 games i picked:

Tex Tech -4 LOSER

I'm not on the missouri bandwagon yet. they have played a soft schedule and still have a lot of problems turning the ball over. this will easily be the best pass def mizzou has seen, as well as the toughest road test to date. Basically i'm asking pinkle and the tigers to prove to me they've turned the corner after 5 years of always falling apart. tech on the other hand is tested with a road win at a&m and a game against tcu (which really woke them up). they also have a sick homefield adv, esp. at night which this game is.

Iowa St. +7 LOSER

Iowa St. is your classic play to the level of your comp. team. texas is the only team that blew them out but the clones hung around till the 2nd half(isu covered). Iowa st has won the last two games at home against nebraska and this is a fairly big rivalry game. nebraska i believe got exposed last week in their secondary to a mediocre kansas offense to the tune of 400+ yards passing. iowa st really hasn't broken out on offense like a lot of people thought this season but this could be where it begins. this game should be quite a shootout and i think the home team keeps it close all the way and wouldnt surprise me if they won.

Kansas State ML +126 WINNER!!

The kansas state pick is somewhat homerish, i'll be attending this game tomorrow. ksu has played excellent on defense, esp when you consider how long they've been on the field and the many times they've had to defense the short field due to an absolutely atrotious offense. so bad that they are plugging in their blue chip true freshman qb this week to start. dude is 6-6 245lbs cannon for an arm. but a turnover machine in early action thusfar. he hasn't had a great opportunity only having come in down big and teams already blitzing like crazy. the ksu offensive line has been suspect and hasn't opened up any holes for a running game. so why am i picking ksu? well that cannon arm will finally test teams deep, something the 6th year senior meier couldnt do with his rebuilt shoulder. this should back off the 8/9 man fronts and get the team moving. the key will be reducing redzone turnovers, they had 3 last week at baylor, a game they lost despite outgaining them. oklahoma st on the other hand is great on offense and ok on def. they did manage to lose at houston after beating up 3 patsies. its hard to say where they are at. i'm not sure they suddenly grow up and win a big 12 game on the road. should be a close game and i think that plays to the home team and the better defense's favor. i doubt this convinces anyone but its why i made the pick.

Philly/myself stick our necks out on the line every week posting these picks and I do feel some pressure to be correct. I hate to lose, and I hate to lose even more when you all are riding us.

Very true. I feel awful when I lose a play. I feel even worse, thinking that I cost other people money. Worst feeling in the world.

It's been an incredible last few weeks, mostly thanks to Ditka and his college plays (although mid-week live betting and my NFL prop plays have been very good to me.)

However, I've got to say I'm getting nervous that my luck will turn. Got a taste of bad luck last night going 0-3 (in UGH-LEE fashion) but rebounded with a Ditka play tonight along with two referral bonuses for sigining up my latest "disciples of the Olympic Sportsbook movement" (account ID; 47829 for anyone that wants to jump aboard).

Still, it's only a matter of time before I get my ass handed to me, so I'm still hesitant to raise betting amounts. Only took one play big (Navy ML).

Final Saturday card:

Navy ML (+120) - 2X play

Texas - 3 (-120)

Pittsburgh -6½ (-115)

Oregon +5 (-115)

South Florida -6½ (-115)

Texas A&M -2

Georgia +3 (-115)

Wake Forest +17

Texas Tech -4 (-105)

Iowa State +7.5 (-115)

Added plays:

5-team parlay (pays 25:1)

1. Football - Florida - spread -1 (-110)

2. Football - Arizona/UCLA - total Over 40 (-110)

3. Football - Tennessee/Georgia - total Over 37 (-120)

4. Football - Penn State - spread -3 (+100)

5. Football - Washington State - spread -3 (-105)

New Mexico State ML (-105) - Thanks philly

Western Michigan -3 (-125) - Thanks again philly

I hope the Ditka/philly connection has another super week ahead of them. Let's kill the man again, boys! Try not to only hit the games I didn't play, huh? :P <_<

Can i ask why i havent seen much on the Texas/ OU game??

Seems like 3.5 would be pretty easy for Texas to cover tommorow at home

I know OU has their number a little.....but 3.5?

Just curious on your thoughts there....thanks

I read each and every post in these threads. Keep them coming. <_<

i was convinced by you last year, not just with your obvious success, but by what you wrote about being a former bookie and how many scammers are out there. very legit i must say. i've learned a ton about how to look at games, how to read lines and their movement, how to find traps, and how to bet in general. i like playing a lot of games too, its more entertaining that way. i dont play a very big unit at all so i can afford it just fine. i hope you are around for many years! i take yours and ditka's picks heavily into consideration and hate being opposite you if i can help it. keep it up, its greatly appreciated. i can only hope to be as good a degenerate as you and ditka! lol.

I am on Texas for one reason. OU only has AP and Texas has the 2 ranked defense against the rush. To me the only way OU even scores is if Texas turns the ball over.

Hey Chewy and Philly?

What has you guys on all the smaller schools or games for Saturday?

C. Michigan, W. Michigan, Kent, BG, EC?

I passed on Bowling Green, but I am all over the Mid American Conference every year, year after year, I love this conference. Lots of upheaval this year, as recent monsters like Miami OH are lousy, while Kent and Western Mich are monsters.

Kent lost their opener 44-0 to Minnesota, mostly due to turnovers, but has been a machine since, winning last 3 games outright as a dog. They have a good defense, as usual, but their offense has been a revelation. They should have scored 50+ against a decent Akron(remember that Akron won at NC State) defense last week, if it wasn't for turnovers. The best team in the MAC, as far as I can tell, is Kent. They should beat Temple by 40, even with a let down.

Western Michigan has a very good MAC defense, and QB Cubit is back for this game. The only game where Ohio showed an offensive pulse was against a terrible No Illinois defense. The Ohio QB Elverson seems to be regressing. Western Mich could win this conference, is much more talented than Ohio.

Central Michigan, even with backup players, is moving the ball on everyone. Even though Toledo held out QB Cochran vs Pitt last week, and stupid me only had a 2 unit play on Pitt, and even if Cochran plays, he is nowhere near the quality QB Toledo has seen over the years. Central Michigan with Sneed has a very good running game, good defense, heck, Central Michigan is more talented than Toledo. The only thing keeping me from taking Central Mich big is Toledo's spread record in the Glass Bowl. Small money line play.

East Carolina is an ATS machine under Skip Holtz. They cover 80% of their games. Virginia got a phony win last week over Duke, due to turnovers and 4th down misadventures by Duke. Virginia is still rebuilding, and basically suck. East Carolina played West Virginia much closer than the final score 2 weeks ago suggests. Great passing offense of East Carolina should put up enough points on the board to cover the spread.

I am on Texas for one reason. OU only has AP and Texas has the 2 ranked defense against the rush. To me the only way OU even scores is if Texas turns the ball over.

So you going with texas to cover that tommorow?

now im scared you guys like Iowa State with the 7 points....makes me think you know something about my alma mater that i dont...hehe.

i was convinced by you last year, not just with your obvious success, but by what you wrote about being a former bookie and how many scammers are out there. very legit i must say. i've learned a ton about how to look at games, how to read lines and their movement, how to find traps, and how to bet in general. i like playing a lot of games too, its more entertaining that way. i dont play a very big unit at all so i can afford it just fine. i hope you are around for many years! i take yours and ditka's picks heavily into consideration and hate being opposite you if i can help it. keep it up, its greatly appreciated. i can only hope to be as good a degenerate as you and ditka! lol.

If I am one more name round here I am taking my ball and going to a different playground.

the play is probably ou or nothing here. what would this line have been if ou had won the oregon game? probably pickem. ou had dominated until last year when texas finally had the better qb in the game. too many variables...colt mccoy hasn't proven a lot, though ou's defense isn't what it used to be either. texas def is great, but i think peterson and an improving thompson will move the ball. honestly i just have no clue what will happen here. i dont even know who i'd root for, i hate both teams equally <_<

I passed on the game. Too high profile, which makes me nervous, as I prefer to bet on more obscure games, like Western Mich, Kent, and New Mex St. Oklahoma seems to be the side, but the line value has disappeared. The game is a toss up, as far as I can tell. Maybe Oklahoma on the moneyline is worth a look, but I probably won't get involved.

If I am one more name round here I am taking my ball and going to a different playground.

by degenerate i mean intelligent, hard working gambler.

totally a compliment man i swear. dont leave!!! <_<

:lol:

<_< :P :banana:

Dam. I am drunk, and I have to get some sleep. :banana: