Sign in to follow this  
piece of work

Terrell Owens...........?

This has a chance at becoming a very large ordeal in Dallas and a possible death nail in their coffin.

Owens clearly pouted yesterday. No one can deny that. Bledsoe had a rough game. TO made a comment like "Drew's the QB they (management) chose."

Cowboy fans, in general, are pissed about Bledsoe, some of which are calling for Romo.

I believe there is a chance that some reporter will bait Owens to comment on Bledsoe and the desire of some fans that want Romo in the starting lineup.

It could, COULD, get to a point like last year and the ESPN/Brett Favre comments that TO made.

Could that spur on a Bledsoe/TO b1tchfest, and could it eventually cause a division in the lockerroom?

This is just pure what if speculation and nothing more (other than something i'd like for xmas).

I seem to remember TO dropping passess in some games this year (TDs to boot) and running the wrong routes, too. Now, he is short-arming passess against the team he "had circled on his calendar". He came-up SMALL in the the biggest game of his season. I actually think that he ran the wrong route on the 1st Sheppard INT and that's why it was so underthrown. He reacted to the coverage and Bledsoe stuck with the play. But, anyway, it wasn't TOs finest hour, although that's is nowhere near the reason the Cowboys lost.

TO has somewhat of a history of dropping passes. he's always been that way. I don't know if he's been running wrong routes or not, and I know one pass bounced right off his chest yesterday. Typically though, most of his drops seem to come on short routes. I think it's probably jsut a lack of concentration on his part.

The Eagles D was great yesterday, but that doesn't excuse Bledsoe from sucking like that.

As Peter King points out, the guy got targetted 13 times and Bledsoe was running for his life all day. I don't know what TO is crying about. He knew who the QB was in Dallas before he signed there.

Sorry, but I have never seen Marvin Harrison pitch a fit over anything. Marvin is a total class act and should not even be mentioned in the same breath as TO.

About 4 or 5 years ago, Harrison hadn't scored a TD in the first 5 games of the season, and started b!tching to the Indy media that he's "hungry, and I need to eat." Their next game was a Sunday night game in New Orleans, and Peyton made it a point to throw the rock to Marv, and he finished with something like 9 catches for 100+ yards and 3 scores.

Granted, that's not to the level of T.O., but Marv is NOT above voicing his opinion to anyone who cares to listen.

I don't think I can recall ever seeing Steve Smith act that way either.

During last year's playoff game in Seattle, Steve Smith stormed off the field on several occasions as the Seahawks frustrated him to no end. He pouted as he walked toward the sideline, yanking his chin strap off his helmet and yelling obsenities to anyone who'd listen.

The Eagles D was great yesterday, but that doesn't excuse Bledsoe from sucking like that.

As I stated in a defferent thread, I think he may have gotten slightly concussed on that TD run. He looked awfully woozy after that hit. That plus the absolute BEATING he took surely had some effect on his ability to perform. He wasn't just sucky on this particular Sunday as Cowboy fans seem to be implying. The Eagles D made him sucky yesterday. Period, end of story.

I don't know what TO is crying about. He knew who the QB was in Dallas before he signed there.

Kind of the same situation with his 7-year contract when he signed with the Eagles, then wanted it redone the next year, claiming it wasn't enough.

This has a chance at becoming a very large ordeal in Dallas and a possible death nail in their coffin.

Owens clearly pouted yesterday. No one can deny that. Bledsoe had a rough game. TO made a comment like "Drew's the QB they (management) chose."

Cowboy fans, in general, are pissed about Bledsoe, some of which are calling for Romo.

I believe there is a chance that some reporter will bait Owens to comment on Bledsoe and the desire of some fans that want Romo in the starting lineup.

It could, COULD, get to a point like last year and the ESPN/Brett Favre comments that TO made.

Could that spur on a Bledsoe/TO b1tchfest, and could it eventually cause a division in the lockerroom?

This is just pure what if speculation and nothing more (other than something i'd like for xmas).

:wall:

TO hasn't said a word publically, yet somehow it could be like the ESPN/Favre comments?

Glenn clearly pouted yesterday as well - yet you don't even mention him, and only the TO news is big?

Bledsoe single handidly lost the game for the Cowboys by making one of the most ill advised passes I've ever seen into the end zone, when he could have just thrown it away and tied the game on the next play. Not a word about that? It's all TO's fault, all the time?

Parcells deserves as much blame as anyone - with 33 seconds on the clock and a time out left, they're at the 2 and they don't even try to run it in to tie the game? Pass incomplete to the goalpost, and pass intercepted into the corner trying for a double covered Whitten?

What the hell was Parcells thinking? MBIII walked in a TD from the 2 earlier in the game - maybe on 1st down they should have tried that.

That was a retarded end to the game, and the blame for it is squarely on Parcells & Bledsoe. Your anti TO bias has clearly clouded your judgement.

hth

About 4 or 5 years ago, Harrison hadn't scored a TD in the first 5 games of the season, and started b!tching to the Indy media that he's "hungry, and I need to eat." Their next game was a Sunday night game in New Orleans, and Peyton made it a point to throw the rock to Marv, and he finished with something like 9 catches for 100+ yards and 3 scores.

Granted, that's not to the level of T.O., but Marv is NOT above voicing his opinion to anyone who cares to listen.

During last year's playoff game in Seattle, Steve Smith stormed off the field on several occasions as the Seahawks frustrated him to no end. He pouted as he walked toward the sideline, yanking his chin strap off his helmet and yelling obsenities to anyone who'd listen.

Why is it ALWAYS the WRs? What is wrong with (some of) the people who play this position?

Ok... I guess I was wrong. One incident 4 or 5 years ago, yup real prima donna. I'm sure the Colts were this close to suspending him for conduct detrimental to the team. :mad: and I guess that Steve Smith is a real trouble maker too. :dunno:

I still stick to what I said about TO. The guy is just a plague on any team he plays for, and I doubt that he will be able to make things work in Dallas, and I really doubt that any other team will touch him once he wears out his welcome at the Cowboys. :wall:

The Eagles D is EXACTLY why he wasn't able to do that yesterday. When they weren't in his face, knocking him around and/or otherwise frustrating the hell out of him, his receivers were blanketed downfield allowing the rush to eventually get him. Complete defensive gameplan and it worked great!

It was NOT the strenght of the eagles D......It was the Dallas O-line scheme that allowed the igg's to be in his face all day.......Leadsoe was running for his life all day due to the Dallas offensive line-up.......it was set up for failure.

I would agree with you if it were two opposing armies with eqaul strategies.........in this case bledsoe's bomb shelter was not built right for the attack it faced.

Ok... I guess I was wrong.

You'd have sounded a lot more intelligent if you'd stopped your post here.

You were wrong. Period. You made a statement and someone proved you wrong. Own your wrongness. By continuing to stand by a statement that's been proven wrong, you sound like an idiot.

just saying.

Huh? :blink: I don't have the stats on yesterday's game, but Owens got a ton of balls thrown at him yesterday, esp. in the 4th quarter.

The problem was clearly Bledsoe's suckiness. Every other pass was woefully underthrown. He's lucky he only got picked off three times. Just ask Terry Glenn.

Strangely, it didn't seem that way, but you're right. He had 13 balls thrown his way.

1st Q - only one pass with only 53 seconds left was INT.

2nd Q - only one pass, INCOMPLETE

3rd Q - 2 passes, one for 9 yds, one INCOMPLETE

4th Q - 1 catch for 12 yds, 1 for 24 yds, 6 thrown INCOMPLETE and one INT

:rolleyes:

TO hasn't said a word publically, yet somehow it could be like the ESPN/Favre comments?

Glenn clearly pouted yesterday as well - yet you don't even mention him, and only the TO news is big?

Bledsoe single handidly lost the game for the Cowboys by making one of the most ill advised passes I've ever seen into the end zone, when he could have just thrown it away and tied the game on the next play. Not a word about that? It's all TO's fault, all the time?

Parcells deserves as much blame as anyone - with 33 seconds on the clock and a time out left, they're at the 2 and they don't even try to run it in to tie the game? Pass incomplete to the goalpost, and pass intercepted into the corner trying for a double covered Whitten?

What the hell was Parcells thinking? MBIII walked in a TD from the 2 earlier in the game - maybe on 1st down they should have tried that.

That was a retarded end to the game, and the blame for it is squarely on Parcells & Bledsoe. Your anti TO bias has clearly clouded your judgement.

hth

OMG, get off TOs junk already! This was HIS biggest game of the year, "circled on HIS calendar" and he came-up SMALL!!! Did he lose the game for the Cryboys, NO, but he sure didn't help them win it either. And, on national TV with everyone watching and "their popcorn ready" he STUNK and then SULKED.

That's why we aren't harping on anyone else. TO v McNabb. McNabb won BIGTIME.

I hear TO is looking for a new girlfrend, maybe you want to give him a call! :blink:

It was NOT the strenght of the eagles D......It was the Dallas O-line scheme that allowed the igg's to be in his face all day.......Leadsoe was running for his life all day due to the Dallas offensive line-up.......it was set up for failure.

I would agree with you if it were two opposing armies with eqaul strategies.........in this case bledsoe's bomb shelter was not built right for the attack it faced.

You mean the same o-line that had only given-up 3 sacks to date. Not the Eagles D, that's a good one. :rolleyes:

What has he done to earn this respect? Remember we are not talking about the TO of 2-3 years ago.

Give T.O. a competent QB and he's that same TO. Look at TO's stats with McNabb (outside of the vomiting version). He's a beast.

As for this "TO of 2-3 years ago" thing:

LAST YEAR, 7 games, 763 yards, 6 TDs, 109 yards per game average. He's the best in the league with someone who can get him the ball.

You'd have sounded a lot more intelligent if you'd stopped your post here.

You were wrong. Period. You made a statement and someone proved you wrong. Own your wrongness. By continuing to stand by a statement that's been proven wrong, you sound like an idiot.

just saying.

Ok Scooter we'll see how wrong I am. When TO blows up and is done with football, then you can own your wrongness for being such a staunch supporter of this clown. I stand by what I said. Marvin Harrison is a class act and I think that you would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't agree with that statement. TO is a childish little cry-baby and the majority of people would agree with that statement also.

You know opinions are like a$$-holes everybody has one.

There is a lot of ones to blame for that lost. But it has to start with Parcell. You would think he would be the one guy that you could count on when it comes to a big game like this. But no, he was just like the rest of them doing stupid things. The Eagles are fired up, their fans are going crazy, and they just scored a TD. What does he allow the cordinators to call the next time they get the ball? Emptied backfield and a 3 step drop!!! That was the stupidest thing they could have done. Once they started to run the ball they moved it pretty good in the 1st half. Jones paid all this money for players but the biggest waste of money yesterday was on his coach that allow them to be down 10 to 0 instead of being 7 to 7. Also there is no way he is going to bench Blesdoe even though he needs to do so. Last year in a meaningless ball game there he was starting Blesdoe instead of Romo. If he didn't do it then there is on way he does it now.

Give T.O. a competent QB and he's that same TO. Look at TO's stats with McNabb (outside of the vomiting version). He's a beast.

TO had a competent QB in Mcnabb but it was more important for him to act like an a*s for three months and pout and complain and do sit ups in his driveway for more attention and cry and complain and and...and now you have Bledsoe...and Romo isn't the answer. he's always going to be an a** and never going to be satisfied. Unless he's traded to the Colts or the Patriots he's not going to have a better QB then he had with Mcnabb! You blew it TO. Hope your happy dumb a**!!

Was the question asked of Ownes of why he made no attempt to try and break up the INT? It was obvious he had no shot at a reception there. He could have attempted to break up that INT but made little to no effort. Hasall the talent in thw world but he is a "me" player.

Was the question asked of Ownes of why he made no attempt to try and break up the INT? It was obvious he had no shot at a reception there. He could have attempted to break up that INT but made little to no effort. Hasall the talent in thw world but he is a "me" player.

Once again, an idiot who didn't watch the play or the game commenting on it.

Had you watched, you would have seen that TO was 10 yards downfield of the interception, and unless he had 13' arms had no chance of breaking up the Int.

Idiot. My how I tire of your kind around here. <_<

OMG, get off TOs junk already! This was HIS biggest game of the year, "circled on HIS calendar" and he came-up SMALL!!! Did he lose the game for the Cryboys, NO, but he sure didn't help them win it either. And, on national TV with everyone watching and "their popcorn ready" he STUNK and then SULKED.

I hear TO is looking for a new girlfrend, maybe you want to give him a call! :rolleyes:

You mean the same o-line that had only given-up 3 sacks to date. Not the Eagles D, that's a good one. :rolleyes:

OMG, get a clue already. I'm not on TO's junk. I just hate seeing ignorance proliferate like it has here.

TO is not the one throwing interceptions and overthrowing/underthrowing his receivers all day.

I hear FFT is looking for intelligent posters - you can save yourself the trouble of applying. :thumbsup:

Ok Scooter we'll see how wrong I am.

Once again: you can stop here. You were wrong. You said something completely idiotic, and got called on it. Now you've posted not once, but twice in support of your wrong opinion and thus look like 3X the fool for it. Admit you said something stupid and move on. Either that or STFU altogether, but this continued posturing in attempt to bury the fact that you said something stupid is pretty much just a continuation of your stupidity.

"Why the fock am I here?"

Ahhh yes... That is the question, and a deep one at that, on so many levels.

:rolleyes:

Scooter... how many posts do you have defending Owens? So you must look the fool 250 X over. Why must you always seek to make things personal? Does it really make you feel superior to call anonymous people idiots, simply because they don't have the same opinion as you? Man, you really need to grow up and get a life.

"Why the fock am I here?"

Ahhh yes... That is the question, and a deep one at that, on so many levels.

:cry:

Scooter... how many posts do you have defending Owens? So you must look the fool 250 X over. Why must you always seek to make things personal? Does it really make you feel superior to call anonymous people idiots, simply because they don't have the same opinion as you? Man, you really need to grow up and get a life.

Not many.

I don't typically defend him. I think he's a big jerk off the field.

However I have no cause to disrepect him here, nor do I respect those who did not watch the game, yet somehow feel qualified to comment on it.

Thus it's a defense of intelligent contribution to a discussion. You ought to look into that sometime, as thus far it's escaped you. On your one attempt, you got owned 100% because you said something factually incorrect and were corrected for it.

Instead of of owning up to being wrong, you continue to be a d0uche. Good luck with that.

And FYI, I'm calling you an idiot because you're acting like one. I feel no sense of superiority in calling you an idiot - only a sense of accuracy. If you continue to post idiotically, I will continue to point out that you're an idiot. Your choice, really. Superiority never measured into the equation - your saying something untrue and getting called on it sure did though. Now you lash out at me instead of owning up to being wrong...again. Does that somehow make you feel like you have credibility back? You don't - it's a tip. :mad:

Thus it's a defense of intelligent contribution to a discussion. You ought to look into that sometime, as thus far it's escaped you. On your one attempt, you got owned 100% because you said something factually incorrect and were corrected for it.

Instead of of owning up to being wrong, you continue to be a d0uche. Good luck with that.

And FYI, I'm calling you an idiot because you're acting like one. I feel no sense of superiority in calling you an idiot - only a sense of accuracy. If you continue to post idiotically, I will continue to point out that you're an idiot. Your choice, really. Superiority never measured into the equasion - your saying something untrue and getting called on it sure did though. Now you lash out at me instead of owning up to being wrong...again. Does that somehow make you feel like you have credibility back? You don't - it's a tip. :mad:

Whatever Scoot, I really don't see what name calling contributes to "intelligent discussion", but I am done with you and this thread.

Who uttered this sentence?:

"I'm not the one pulling the trigger?"

At least he's consistent. 3 QBs, 3 thrown straight under the bus. But he's not pointing fingers. :cheers:

I hear TO is looking for a new girlfrend, maybe you want to give him a call! :cheers:

You mean the same o-line that had only given-up 3 sacks to date. Not the Eagles D, that's a good one. :mad:

The problem we have here is that you are an Eagles homer..........I am not....nor am I a Dallas homer.

You continue to miss the point......I'm not talking about the O-line & it's capability(which by the way is pretty good when used right) I'm talking about how the Tuna & his staff never adjusted their scheme & constantly left Bledsoe to be harassed........I'll say it again.......It was not due to the superhuman effort of the iggl's D.....it was the ineptitude of the Dallas coaching staff :mad:

The problem we have here is that you are an Eagles homer..........I am not....nor am I a Dallas homer.

You continue to miss the point......I'm not talking about the O-line & it's capability(which by the way is pretty good when used right) I'm talking about how the Tuna & his staff never adjusted their scheme & constantly left Bledsoe to be harassed........I'll say it again.......It was not due to the superhuman effort of the iggl's D.....it was the ineptitude of the Dallas coaching staff :cheers:

well then they should have had the quaterback roll out of the pocket to avoid the inside pressure. oh that's right he can't because he's a statue. never mind. Go Eagles!

i love the fact that right now that T.O. went to bed last night wishing that he didnt screw things up with McNabb. he's obviously realizing now how good he had it in Philly with McNabb throwing him the ball instead of a scrub like bledsoe

Once again, an idiot who didn't watch the play or the game commenting on it.

Had you watched, you would have seen that TO was 10 yards downfield of the interception, and unless he had 13' arms had no chance of breaking up the Int.

Idiot. My how I tire of your kind around here. :cheers:

I'm just throwing this out there, but perhaps he meant the other pass intended for Owens that got intercepted by Sheppard.

But if he's referring to the interception by BDawk then you're right, TO had no chance of making a play because it was thrown pretty far behind him. BDawk, who had TO in his sights had the ball been close to him, actually had to run up field by about 6 yards or so.

At least he's consistent. 3 QBs, 3 thrown straight under the bus. But he's not pointing fingers. :(

He hasn't thrown anyone under the bus as yet.

Why invent something to support a point? If you want to bash Owens, there's plenty of history to use. No need to make crap up.

i love the fact that right now that T.O. went to bed last night wishing that he didnt screw things up with McNabb. he's obviously realizing now how good he had it in Philly with McNabb throwing him the ball instead of a scrub like bledsoe

This is probably true.

You continue to miss the point......I'm not talking about the O-line & it's capability(which by the way is pretty good when used right) I'm talking about how the Tuna & his staff never adjusted their scheme & constantly left Bledsoe to be harassed........I'll say it again.......It was not due to the superhuman effort of the iggl's D.....it was the ineptitude of the Dallas coaching staff :first:

I'm not missing the point, you are. The Eagles had a great gamplan and executed it. EVERY team makes adjustments, the Cowboys adjustments didn't work is all. As a matter of fact, they were having some success in the middle of the game but the Eagles D adjusted again and closed the door on them. Were they out-coached, yes. Were they out-played, yes. Did the better team win, yes. :(

Why invent something to support a point? If you want to bash Owens, there's plenty of history to use. No need to make crap up.

This is probably true.

please you got to be focking kidding me. "i'm not pointing fingers but you guys saw the game". :(

please you got to be focking kidding me. "i'm not pointing fingers but you guys saw the game". :cheers:

Yeah, I thought that was pretty damning.

From the Daily News

After the game, reporters played a familiar game with the scowling Owens: Get the Money Quote. They asked a series of questions meant to get Owens to criticize Dallas quarterback Drew Bledsoe - who took seven sacks and threw three interceptions.

Owens very nearly obliged.

"I was open," Owens said. "We had some opportunities to make plays and we didn't."

And why not?

"You watched the game," he replied. "Who's pulling the trigger? I'm just out there doing my job. I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody, but you guys know just as well as I know."

well then they should have had the quaterback roll out of the pocket to avoid the inside pressure. oh that's right he can't because he's a statue. never mind. Go Eagles!

thank you.

bledsoe was so bad....

that he yelled at himself when he came over to the sideline after throwing that second INT.

it was not TO yelling at him! it was bledsoe...yelling at bledsoe!

and didn't parcells yell at fasano when he missed his assignment too?  it is part of the game...especially when you are losing.

I don't like TO, I don't support TO, and I firmly believe that he deserves several smacks upside the head.

However, I am capable of looking at things objectively, and ability wise he is the best WR in the league. On the field, anyway. His off-the-field antics knocks him down a couple of notches when looking long-term, but for any given game on the field, nobody can beat TO.

Bledsoe is a horrible QB. TO is not "past his prime" - look at his stats last year when he played. With McNabb, TO was amazing. Bledsoe is just bad. For every good pass he makes he'll make a off-his-back-foot-no-look-loop that falls 10 yards short and is picked off.

Yeah, TO's going overboard. But that doesn't mean that his anger isn't justified (though some of his actions as a result of his anger may not be).

How can you be serious? Garcia, McNabb, and not as of yet Bledsoe. He didn't throw Garcia and DMac under any busses in his time with them? Absurd.

It was pretty obvious what he said.....I played the rewind button on my dvr and he said to his offensive coach.....Quote "Why the fock am I here"?

True colors shine through..........however he does have a point.

he could blame the Dallas EMT, i guess..1 or 2 more pills and he wouldnt have this headache...he could rest easily...

Oops! Turns out I wasn't making up anything.

If you can defend a comment like that, you're manlove of T.O. is > than Bouve's love of Ricky Williams. And that's saying something.

Has anyone considered that TO might be washed up. He is old and injury prone and a shell of what he once was.

Bledsoe should have retired after the Bills got rid of him. :unsure: Man i really like that Mr T icon.

Oops! Turns out I wasn't making up anything.

Maybe footballs cooter didn't think anyone had the text of the post game interview :unsure:

:unsure:

hth

What part of "a chance" did you not understand?

It's purely a what if situation, which I did preface in my post.

First off, the Cowboys were not at the 2 yard line. They were at the six. So if Parcells tries a run, and fails, they have to then line up again, and either spike the ball to stop the clock, or call a play at the LOS. So by that theory, Bledsoe only gets 2 shots at the endzone.

By throwing the ball, he gets three chances. Bledsoe has plenty of targets: TO, Glenn, and Witten. He made a bad throw. It happens.

I could care less about TO. I'm thankful that he's a powder keg, waiting to explode (like he did last year), and I'm glad he's that powder keg on a division rival. That's it. :wall: