Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Global Warming takes a year off.

Hurricane season is over and not one single hurricane hit he U.S.

What happened to all those cat 4-5 hurricanes that were predicted to hit us this year because of global warming??????????????

:wall:

:o

Obviously, this is proof positive that global warming is a fraud.

The evidence is clear, another ice age is coming. Many scientists were sure of

this in the 70's and will surely be proven true.

What happened to all those cat 4-5 hurricanes that were predicted to hit us this year because of global warming??????????????

:clap:

Not that I'm expecting a big surge in hurricane activity over the next month, but the Atlantic hurricane season officially runs through November 30th, but the peak has certainly passed.

Hurricane season is over :dunno:

Good point. They are 3-2 and do not have much of a chance at winning the ACC :clap:

Cal, on the other hand... :clap:

Hurrican season isn't over. What the fock are you smoking?

OK Mr. Wizard, how many cat 4-5s can we expect now that we are through the peak season?

I'm not pyschic, so I don't know. Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans as a category 3 and to dismiss anything less than a category 4 as not being serious is dumb as hell (but something I would expect out of you)

What I do know is that just last year, Hurricane Wilma formed in mid-October and became the strongest Atlantic Hurricane ever.

We've defeated the hurricanes for this year. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I'm not pyschic, so I don't know.

Why not rely on the same scientists you rely on when you claim the average temp 50 years from now will be .5 degrees higher than it is today? They know what they are talking about.

Or mebbe not.

"For the 2006 north Atlantic hurricane season, NOAA is predicting 13 to 16 named storms, with eight to 10 becoming hurricanes, of which four to six could become 'major' hurricanes of Category 3 strength or higher," added retired Navy Vice Adm. Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Ph.D., undersecretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2634.htm

C'mon, just pull out a number. It's what they do to "predict" the doom and gloom of that .5 degree. :mad:

Why not rely on the same scientists you rely on when you claim the average temp 50 years from now will be .5 degrees higher than it is today? They know what they are talking about.

Or mebbe not.

"For the 2006 north Atlantic hurricane season, NOAA is predicting 13 to 16 named storms, with eight to 10 becoming hurricanes, of which four to six could become 'major' hurricanes of Category 3 strength or higher," added retired Navy Vice Adm. Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Ph.D., undersecretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2634.htm

C'mon, just pull out a number. It's what they do to "predict" the doom and gloom of that .5 degree. :cry:

You're losing your mind. I never said ANYTHING about global warming. All I said was that hurricane season isn't over.... because IT'S NOT. Put your tin foil hat away.

You're losing your mind. I never said ANYTHING about global warming. All I said was that hurricane season isn't over.... because IT'S NOT. Put your tin foil hat away.

Um, by "you" I'm talking about your fellow libs who believe in global warming. I'll put you down as a non-believer.

:cry:

Um, by "you" I'm talking about your fellow libs who believe in global warming. I'll put you down as a non-believer.

I'm not liberal. I just disagree with radical neo-conservatives like yourself. I don't care if gay people get married, I don't care if they show boobies on TV, I don't care if people play poker online, and I don't like being lied to on imporant issues that affect our country. It's not that I think gay people getting married is the most important thing in the world. I just think we have more pressing issues to worry about than 2 gay people getting married, like I don't know... violent crime maybe?

I don't KNOW if global warming is real, but unlike you, I'm not willing to dismiss it because the rest of my party dismisses it. The risk of doing nothing is FAR GREATER than the risk of researching it further and taking corrective action to reduce emissions. I'm not so arrogant as to think that our actions have no impact on the environment. How can you believe in something so strongly when you're not a scientist?

How can you believe in something so strongly when you're not a scientist?

Because the "scientists" who tell us the avg temp will by one half of one degree higher 50 focking years from now can't predict within two to three degrees what the high will be TOMORROW and get it right.

Because one good eruption from a volcano spews more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than man has since we have been on earth.

Because the earth has gone through countless periods of warming and cooling throughout the millions of years it has been here.

Now I ask you: How can you believe so strongly in "scientists" with such a terrible track record who rely only on computer models created by the same "scientists" with such a terrible track record?

Because the "scientists" who tell us the avg temp will by one half of one degree higher 50 focking years from now can't predict within two to three degrees what the high will be TOMORROW and get it right.

Sometimes, trends are easier to predict in the long-term, i.e. a team with a $200MM payroll will win more than 1/2 their games, but you don't know how many runs they're going to score tomorrow.

Because one good eruption from a volcano spews more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than man has since we have been on earth.

Because the earth has gone through countless periods of warming and cooling throughout the millions of years it has been here.

Now I ask you: How can you believe so strongly in "scientists" with such a terrible track record who rely only on computer models created by the same "scientists" with such a terrible track record?

Have you not had your ass wiped enough with this topic to leave it alone? You believe in "your" scientists, no questions asked, and you won't listen to anything else, regardless. Why even come here to try to have a discussion when you will never listen to anything you don't want to hear.

RP, search all your old threads about this that amounted to nothing, and stop starting new ones. Global Warming isn't a "what have you done for me lately" topic. It's real, its not a constant, and it you still know nothing about it.

Have you not had your ass wiped enough with this topic to leave it alone? You believe in "your" scientists, no questions asked, and you won't listen to anything else, regardless. Why even come here to try to have a discussion when you will never listen to anything you don't want to hear.

RP, search all your old threads about this that amounted to nothing, and stop starting new ones. Global Warming isn't a "what have you done for me lately" topic. It's real, its not a constant, and it you still know nothing about it.

You kicked his ass, Franks Tanks...made RP look more foolish than usual...if you thought that was impossible.

It's real, its not a constant, and it you still know nothing about it.

I know not one poster here has provided any evidence to alter the fact it is a "THEORY". You, your "scientists", nor anyone else on this board has once been able to explain how the earth has heated and cooled on it's own for millions of years.

End of story.

if you catch em with worms

keep using worms

:banana:

And by "libs", you mean nearly every climate scientist that doesn't do work for petrolium or business interests to feed tools like you disinformation. Got it.

Nice strawman argument btw.

It was just an excuse for oil companies to keep prices high. Now that we didn't have any hurricanes, they have no more excuses, hence the falling prices.

I know not one poster here has provided any evidence to alter the fact it is a "THEORY". You, your "scientists", nor anyone else on this board has once been able to explain how the earth has heated and cooled on it's own for millions of years.

End of story.

You know guys he's right.

Afterall New Orleans gets hit with Cat3 storms what, every 10-20 years anyways.

Plus Hurricane Charlie only made landfall TWICE the year before after deciding that the Atlantic was too cold,

I love these threads, man, I love'em.

Guest Davaco

el nino casue the cane season to tank, which is part of global warming

RP, that one has been debunked at least 4-5 times in previous threads of yours and yet you keep putting it up there. Why?

Even huge eruptions don't even come close to putting out that much GHG. And no, I won't give the link because I am sick and tired of giving it to you.

End of story.

It IS a theory, as is the theory of relativity or the Big Bang theory. The effect that pollution had on the earth's water was also once a theory. It turned out to be pretty true. You can't dismiss it altogether simply because it can't be proven.

el nino casue the cane season to tank, which is part of global warming

wow. thats really not a good argument at all. first of all, the two have never been proven to be related. on the contrary, most evidence says they are not related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_nino this is one link, there are many others

Talk to people who actually study this stuff. Geologists, Meteorologists...peopel who do this stuff for a living, not politicians. not scientists who are bucking for grant money. not lobbyists, or PAC's. Even the Ex-Head of Greenpeace was confronted on this issue, and is a non-believer when confronted with real, hard data, and not projections from computer models (Sorry, no link on that one, i'll get it though).

Just 30 years ago, scientists were screaming about global COOLING. the TRUTH is, there has been no pattern, not even in the last 100 years of industrialization, that would indicate humans are responsible for the temperature changes the earth has experienced:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...4/09/do0907.xml

there is so much speculation that accompanies Global Warning. its not an earlhly problem- its a political problem. Politicians want to hang their environmental hats on "Scientific" models that are based on projection and conjecture. every statement about global warming contains some, or all of the following words: "if", "might", "could", "probably", "perhaps", "expected", "projected" or "modelled".

As an engineer and a computer modeler, I know that models are inherently wrong. if they get within 50% they've done well. Every model is subject to bias, as there is a person(s) writing them.

More and more real scientists are starting to see the light. i spoke with several geologists recently (Sorry, no link, as it was a casual conversation over dinner) who have been all ver the world, and seen a lot. and they'll be the first to tell you that the whole "Shrinking" glaciers theory is completely bogus. they are dropping sheets of ice from the edges, but the core of ice is thicker than its been in over 100 years. they aren't alone, as more and more are signing onto the school of thought that human's aren't causing global warming:

http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p357.htm

Its a political issue, not an environmental one. Its easy to believe it, because the science sounds good. and it sounds like a noble cause. But please, do some thinking for yourselves on this issue before you believe crap like Al Gore's movie.

And by "libs", you mean nearly every climate scientist that doesn't do work for petrolium or business interests to feed tools like you disinformation. Got it.

Nice strawman argument btw.

What a crock of BS.

Shouldn't you be trying to find a link to something I posted that might prove some of your BS accusations you have made?

Have you found a link where I:

Advocated the holocaust?

Supported terrorists?

Defended Foley?

Defended Abramoff?

Defended Delay?

Defended corruption?

Oh, and you still havn't explained how my sig supports corruption.

Ya got anything yet?

Idiot.

I won't give the link because I am sick and tired of giving it to you.

Once would be enough.

TIA

I'm not liberal. I just disagree with radical neo-conservatives like yourself. I don't care if gay people get married, I don't care if they show boobies on TV, I don't care if people play poker online, and I don't like being lied to on imporant issues that affect our country. It's not that I think gay people getting married is the most important thing in the world. I just think we have more pressing issues to worry about than 2 gay people getting married, like I don't know... violent crime maybe?

I don't KNOW if global warming is real, but unlike you, I'm not willing to dismiss it because the rest of my party dismisses it. The risk of doing nothing is FAR GREATER than the risk of researching it further and taking corrective action to reduce emissions. I'm not so arrogant as to think that our actions have no impact on the environment. How can you believe in something so strongly when you're not a scientist?

Lemme guess......homo?

You know guys he's right.

Afterall New Orleans gets hit with Cat3 storms what, every 10-20 years anyways.

Plus Hurricane Charlie only made landfall TWICE the year before after deciding that the Atlantic was too cold,

I love these threads, man, I love'em.

You have to resort to a hurricane from last year, and one from two years prior to that? :lol:

I believe this thread is about THIS YEAR, and the massively incorrect predictions on hurricane numbers THIS YEAR.

I dunno man... it's 77 here in Baltimore.... IN OCTOBER!!! Seems unseasonably warm to me.

IT"S GETTING HOT IN HEEEEEEERRRRREEEEEE!!

:(

:lol:

Also, not that you'll listen to anything else, but this just came out today and may help answer your question: Study: Dust may quell hurricanes.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Dust storms swirling out of Africa's Sahara Desert may help reduce hurricane activity in the Atlantic Ocean, a new study suggests.

Once would be enough.

TIA

Thanks but no...I have already given it to you at least twice in the past. You'll just ignore it anyway.

Actually, El Nino has started up again, so, ususally that means a quiet hurricane season. A lot of the country will have a mild winter though.