Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Miami WR

I picked up Welker a couple of weeks ago because I felt like he can make plays and seems to touch the ball a lot. Now with Marty Booker likely out for this weeks game are the dolphins really considering starting this Hagan guy over Welker?

What's up with this talk?

I picked up Welker a couple of weeks ago because I felt like he can make plays and seems to touch the ball a lot. Now with Marty Booker likely out for this weeks game are the dolphins really considering starting this Hagan guy over Welker?

What's up with this talk?

Hagan will suprise alot of people, he looked outstanding in the pre-season and it seemed he was a favorite target for Harrington. he can stretch the field and is physical.

Hagan will suprise alot of people, he looked outstanding in the pre-season and it seemed he was a favorite target for Harrington. he can stretch the field and is physical.

Well then why has he been 4th on the Depth Chart?

Welker has been catching the balls...why would they go away from that?

Well then why has he been 4th on the Depth Chart?

Welker has been catching the balls...why would they go away from that?

I'm not sure they are. Welker as the number three was on the field for a fair number of plays now Hagan will be on the field for that many plays. For Hagan this is a huge increase in playing time. I believe Welker will get a few more looks with Booker out but so will McMichael.

What makes Welker a good start for me is we get points for return yards and he returns punts and kickoffs.

Here are some stats:

Welker - 27 catches for 299 yards with a 11.1 average but the only thing is he has 0 td's.

Hagan - 2 catches for 31 yards with a 15.5 average and 0 td's.

I think they will go to Welker and I will be starting him this week with Booker out :banana:

Here are some stats:

Welker - 27 catches for 299 yards with a 11.1 average but the only thing is he has 0 td's.

Hagan - 2 catches for 31 yards with a 15.5 average and 0 td's.

I think they will go to Welker and I will be starting him this week with Booker out :unsure:

Well, that's kinda what I thought...So hopefully the dolphins don't sign C-Pep...O wait....they already did

Name me a great fantasy football WR in the past decade, who's white???

Not that it matters - check out Drew Bennett's 2004 stats. He helped me get to my fantasy superbowl that year.

Not that it matters - check out Drew Bennett's 2004 stats. He helped me get to my fantasy superbowl that year.

That's the only one I could think of as well. But he sure sucks now.

Please tell me what that question has to do with anything?

So basically you are saying that some guy who has got 2 passes is better than Welker just because he is black?

Please tell me what that question has to do with anything?

Even though it's taboo to actually say it - Black athletes are generally faster.

Even though it's taboo to actually say it - Black athletes are generally faster.

Umm I don't know if you have realized this or not...but Wes Welker is one of the fastest WR in the Nfl..

That's why he is in the NFL

Umm I don't know if you have realized this or not...but Wes Welker is one of the fastest WR in the Nfl..

That's why he is in the NFL

Nope, I didn't know that.

oppressor!!

bennett

stokley

proehl

mcaffrey

chrebet

jones

jurevicius

finneran

clark

dwight

schreoder

beebe

chadwick

really have to scrape the proverbial honkey ass cracker barrel. rob rubick was my neighbor... super glue in the side lot. i dunno, i'm as ridiculous as you for replying.... hmmm, lynn swann gets honorable mention...

love always,

steve largent

bennett

stokley

proehl

mcaffrey

chrebet

jones

jurevicius

finneran

clark

dwight

schreoder

beebe

chadwick

:dunno:

Nice list... I still think white WRs suck.

Patrick Jeffers had a monster year before tearing up his knee.

Give the boy some time to learn the position. Matt Jones is going to be a stud. Mike Furrey is developing quite nicely as well. Once Bruce hangs it up, look out for Kevin Curtis.

bennett

stokley

proehl

mcaffrey

chrebet

jones

jurevicius

finneran

clark

dwight

schreoder

beebe

chadwick

really have to scrape the proverbial honkey ass cracker barrel. rob rubick was my neighbor... super glue in the side lot. i dunno, i'm as ridiculous as you for replying.... hmmm, lynn swann gets honorable mention...

love always,

steve largent

Out of that list, how many have earned the title "Great WR"? The answer: NONE. Thanks for playing.

(Largent doesn't count - he played in a different era)

Out of that list, how many have earned the title "Great WR"? The answer: NONE. Thanks for playing.

Your previous post was 'Black' athletes are generally faster. I'll take Tim Dwight (in his prime) and Matt Jones any day on speed alone. As some may describe Matt Jones's speed as 'Freakish'.

Also, you don't need speed to be considered 'Great'. There's other factors that come into play, like route running, good hands, able to shield defenders away. Speed alone doesn't cut it. Hope that helped!!

Nope, I didn't know that.

Next time before you "assume" that this 4th string WR is better then Welker because he is fast...

You might want to look at some film of Welker....or I guess you could just be alive because it's damn obvious..

I'm going to go on a limb and say your fantasy team is 0-5?

You probably have P. Manning as one of your QB's but i'm sure you are benching him for a much faster aaron brooks.

Even if that's true, we are not talking about welker being a stud. This is a discussion about the 4th or 5th WR on your fantasy team, a bye week fill in. Nobody is claiming Welker to be hall of fame material at this point.\

And also, Drew Bennett does not "suck" now. The titans are having a few issues on offense in case you haven't noticed.

Your previous post was 'Black' athletes are generally faster. I'll take Tim Dwight (in his prime) and Matt Jones any day on speed alone. As some may describe Matt Jones's speed as 'Freakish'.

Also, you don't need speed to be considered 'Great'. There's other factors that come into play, like route running, good hands, able to shield defenders away. Speed alone doesn't cut it. Hope that helped!!

My original question was "name a great WR in the past decade, who's white?". The answer is there have been no great white WRs in the past decade. Hell, two decades for that matter.

Next time before you "assume" that this 4th string WR is better then Welker because he is fast...

You might want to look at some film of Welker....or I guess you could just be alive because it's damn obvious..

I'm going to go on a limb and say your fantasy team is 0-5?

You probably have P. Manning as one of your QB's but i'm sure you are benching him for a much faster aaron brooks.

Yeah, that's it. Dude, you seem a little over-sensitive about race issues. Lighten up some.

Even if that's true, we are not talking about welker being a stud. This is a discussion about the 4th or 5th WR on your fantasy team, a bye week fill in. Nobody is claiming Welker to be hall of fame material at this point.\

And also, Drew Bennett does not "suck" now. The titans are having a few issues on offense in case you haven't noticed.

I know nobody was claiming Welker was a stud. I was just poking a little fun at him for being white. That's it.

Bennett is a good WR who had some good years. But nobody would ever call him great.

My original question was "name a great WR in the past decade, who's white?". The answer is there have been no great white WRs in the past decade. Hell, two decades for that matter.

Yeah, that's it. Dude, you seem a little over-sensitive about race issues. Lighten up some.

I know nobody was claiming Welker was a stud. I was just poking a little fun at him for being white. That's it.

Bennett is a good WR who had some good years. But nobody would ever call him great.

You want a great White WR..has to be Steve Largent and yes he counts. He retired in 1990 which is still considered the modern era.

Let me ask you this...out of the Top 10 receptions leader in the NFL, who has the best average for yards per catch (ypc)? Bingo..Steve Largent at 16 yards per catch. He played 14 years and never caught more than 79 passes per year. He also caught 100 TD's. That's the same amount Tim Brown has and he played 17 years. The only WR to catch more TD's was Jerry Rice (GOAT) and Cris Carter. Granted, he is the only "white boy" in a long list of great black receiver but he was better than 75% of them. The next white receiver is Ricky Proehl with 641 catches. He's not "Great" but is consistent.

Eddie Mac was money.. Was a good #2 for a few years :pointstosky:

Also he was great

right.... but at least we can all agree puerto rican wideouts are the suck

:unsure:

Boy, you picked a bad statement to butcher the English Language!!!