Sign in to follow this  
D'ohmer Simpson

Should MLB get rid of the 4-pitch intentional walk?

Intentional walk  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should MLB get rid of the 4-pitch intentional walk?

• Yes, it's stupid
    • No, it's procedure

Why bother pitching, or throwing, 4 times just to intentionally walk a batter. You want to do that, just tell the batter he can have the damn base. Why make this whole show about it?

Miguel Cabrera swung and got a hit while someone was trying to intentionally walk him this season

Miguel Cabrera swung and got a hit while someone was trying to intentionally walk him this season

I was about to post this. Also, it was a game winning hit in extra innings.

I was about to post this. Also, it was a game winning hit in extra innings.

I'm sure there are a couple of examples where a batter actually reached out and swung at the ball, maybe even got a hit (as in this case), or the ball was thrown away and runners advanced. This is the only reason I could think to keep it, because things like this can happen. But seriously, if done right there should be no chance of this happening. :dunno:

they should also get rid of the pitch out... most of the time they pitch out the baserunner doesn't move. What a waste. :dunno:

I think they should get rid of the gloves

:dunno:

Agreed. Whatever happend to using bare hands to grip the bat?

they should also get rid of the pitch out... most of the time they pitch out the baserunner doesn't move. What a waste.

:wacko:

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. The first change that MLB needs to make is to replace all those ball boys w/Hooters girls.

its strategy...

walking one guy is obvious...

but having the pitcher throw 4 pitches outside, and having him risk losing command of the strike zone is another....

why? u in a hurry to go somewhere? :rolleyes: if youve sat and watched for 6 innings..a free pass wont kill u..it gives u a chance to get that beer from the vendor..

Agreed. Whatever happend to using bare hands to grip the bat?

Moises Alou, Albert Pujols and Vlad Guerrero are just about the only batters left who don't use gloves. And Alou pees on his hands.

Whenever the Yankees intentionally walk Ortiz, I think to myself, "forget 4 pitches. Just hit the focker with this first fastball and be done with it.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. The first change that MLB needs to make is to replace all those ball boys w/Hooters girls.

<_<

Moises Alou, Albert Pujols and Vlad Guerrero are just about the only batters left who don't use gloves. And Alou pees on his hands.

Posada doesn't use batting gloves either. There are a few others.

Hmm. All three are Dominicans.... and Posada is a Cuban Boricua. Must be a Latin macho thing.

Hmm. All three are Dominicans.... and Posada is a Cuban. Must be a Latin macho thing.

Posada is Puerto Rican and I would guess that it is more of a "poor thing" than anything else.

Intentional walks are the suck.

:(

Any four-pitch walk should be a double.

Interesting concept.

dont need a batting glove when you are beating a sausage.... :wall:

im just sayin.. :ninja:

good call! was it the Cubs that had that Marla gal behind home plate?...only good thing that they had going for them all season...