Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

People need to quit watching pro sports

Right now the locals are ranting and raving about the Stephen Jackson strip club fight. All these Pacers fans are worked into a big lather about how he's a "thug" and he MUST be cut or traded.

I think some folks need to step back and look at the bigger picture. It is time for Americans to stop following these professional teams. Pro sports equates to soap operas for men. And they are homoerotic soap operas at that, considering they star only men and attract mostly men. Yes, some women like pro sports, but some women also say "all the good ones are gay" so it is still homoerotic.

Professional games do not add anything to your life. You received nothing from the teams or their players. If they win, you get nothing . If they lose you get nothing. If you analyzed how the teams/players/management/games make you feel, you'd realize you're not even entertained by it. It invokes in you frustration, anger, resentment and bitterness. The time you spend discussing with friends, watching games and highlight shows, reading message boards, posting messages, tinkering with your fantasy teams, speculating on roster moves and pretending to be the GM is time you are wasting.

Imagine how your quality of life will improve if you take all the time you devote to professional games and devote it instead to your family, career, spiritual life or fitness. With the time you waste on these professional teams you could turn your life into something completely new and better!

Instead of watching the game, play with your daughter or son.

Instead of reading the sports section, spend time in prayer.

Instead of flipping on SportsCenter, go on a walk with your wife or sit down and have a conversation with her.

Maybe you think you already have everything great, but you just can't believe the difference it can make in your life to quit these addictive sports-based soap operas.

On a sports website ranting against sports......go figure. :lol:

But, I'm in the off topic forum!

Seriously, when I came here back in 2001, I was very into sports.

But, I'm in the off topic forum!

Seriously, when I came here back in 2001, I was very into sports.

And what, now you're gay? :lol:

I can understand a Pacers fan becoming disillusioned. That team's become an embarassment. I'm not going to hold all of pro sports, or even the rest of the NBA responsible for the behavior based on the actions of the Indiana Pacers players.

They've become the most disgraceful franchise in pro sports; ever since they won the crown from Portland. The professional equivelent of Tom Osborne's football or Jerry Tarkanian's basketball program. Is anybody surprised that it's Stephen Jackson making an ass of himself? The guy is scum.

It's good to see things are changing in Indy. The Pacers fans are getting fed up and word has spread on up to the top of that organization. I mean they already let go of Artest, so hopefully they'll phase out all the troublemakers and bring some respectability back to the team. Too bad Reggie Miller got old, they need more guys like him, not less.

I'm hoping for the best.

Right now the locals are ranting and raving about the Stephen Jackson strip club fight. All these Pacers fans are worked into a big lather about how he's a "thug" and he MUST be cut or traded.

I think some folks need to step back and look at the bigger picture. It is time for Americans to stop following these professional teams. Pro sports equates to soap operas for men. And they are homoerotic soap operas at that, considering they star only men and attract mostly men. Yes, some women like pro sports, but some women also say "all the good ones are gay" so it is still homoerotic.

Professional games do not add anything to your life. You received nothing from the teams or their players. If they win, you get nothing . If they lose you get nothing. If you analyzed how the teams/players/management/games make you feel, you'd realize you're not even entertained by it. It invokes in you frustration, anger, resentment and bitterness. The time you spend discussing with friends, watching games and highlight shows, reading message boards, posting messages, tinkering with your fantasy teams, speculating on roster moves and pretending to be the GM is time you are wasting.

Imagine how your quality of life will improve if you take all the time you devote to professional games and devote it instead to your family, career, spiritual life or fitness. With the time you waste on these professional teams you could turn your life into something completely new and better!

Instead of watching the game, play with your daughter or son.

Instead of flipping on SportsCenter, go on a walk with your wife or sit down and have a conversation with her.

Maybe you think you already have everything great, but you just can't believe the difference it can make in your life to quit these addictive sports-based soap operas.

I had the same realization a few years back, and while it sucked for a while, I don't miss the games at all. I still play FF, and coach a youth baseball team as well, but the games at the highest level have been so twisted by big money and the television companies that I question the true nature of the games nowadays. WWF laid the groundwork, and the rest will soon follow. Entertainment is what people want, and you are correct in calling televised sports "soap-operas" for men.

:lol:

:clap:

money corrupts, a lot of money corrupts a lot....something like that, you get the idea. Anyway, i agree in general, that professional athletes, while sometimes, once in a while, are mildly amusing to watch them 'perform', really do suck the big one(apologies to the athletes who ARE genuine and carry themselves with respect).

Further, it is throw-down gayboy ho-mo ball-washy to play the role of the youthfull American, as depicted in all the commercials you'll see when watching one the games. Besides, there's more commercial time than game time.

So, to the big businessmen behind the sports, to the arrogant, immature athletes, I say: kiss off, go away and stick it.