Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

What should be the punishment to the Miami players?

Pretty simple to me.

Review the tape.

Any player found hitting, kicking, whatever -> Tossed from the program and their scholarship revoked.

The worst offenders - tossed out of school entirely.

Hit them in the pocketbook.

No more free ride to school.

Enough said.

Other thoughts?

Pretty simple to me.

Review the tape.

Any player found hitting, kicking, whatever -> Tossed from the program and their scholarship revoked.

The worst offenders - tossed out of school entirely.

Hit them in the pocketbook.

No more free ride to school.

Enough said.

Other thoughts?

Suspend for the season.

Removed from program(s), entered into supplemental NFL draft that only has the Detroit Lions participating.

Season long suspensions as mentioned above. Loss of scholarships.

Player that used his helmet as a weapon should be gone immediately, from team and school.

Both teams forfeit their next game, and any chance at a bowl game this season for lack of institutional control.

This is a system where kids/teams can lose eligibility for taking a pizza from a booster. More often it's a car. But both pale in comparison to a situation like this. Time for the NCAA to step up and set a precedent.

Time for the NCAA to step up and set a precedent.

This would be a 1st!

This would be a 1st!

I know. Now, if it was something really serious, like a player taking plane tickets home for his grandfathers funeral, they'd be right on top of it.

My personal favorite is the distance runner whose coach inadvertently clicked the wrong event on the online submission for last year's championship meet. Though the coach realized his error and contacted the NCAA before the meet (days or weeks before, not hours), they said the entry was gospel and there was nothing they could do about it. Kid didn't get to run. It was the subject of a Rick Reilly piece in SI several months ago.

--year suspensions for all those involved

--probation for both teams the rest of the year--no bowl appearance in 2006.

not kidding.

that kind of stupidity must be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

--year suspensions for all those involved

--probation for both teams the rest of the year--no bowl appearance in 2006.

not kidding.

that kind of stupidity must be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

I agree with that. But I would also add scholarships being revoked for the rest of the year for all involved. The scholarships would not be reinstated the next year until a list of standards were met ( Community service, etc.)

Make them attend their classes and do their tests/homework without tutors doing the work or teachers bumping their grades. THAT should get the point across.

That video is classic...you know your school is high class when the announcer is calling the fight:

"Now thas what I'm talkin bout..when you come into ow house you should get yo behind kicked. You cant come into ow place talkin noise like that... I was bout to get in the elevata and go get some of dat...I say jus meet in the tunnel afta the game and get it on som mo"

That one Miami player who was walking around looking for piles of players on the ground so that he could stomp on him? What a poossay. He should be gone forever.

Anyone swinging a helmet or stomping should immediately be kicked out and never allowed to play in ANY NCAA program.

Every player involved in this fight should be suspended for the rest of the season. That was beyond an on the field fight, this was a riot, no place for that in sports. :first:

Anyone swinging a helmet or stomping should immediately be kicked out and never allowed to play in ANY NCAA program.

Exactly what was said this AM on Mike & Mike. They had a call with some guy that said he saw it as different groups involved:

Those that did nothing - obviously do nothing

Those that were fighting - these things happen in football, you are defending your teammates - one game suspension

Those that were out to maim, hurt, end careers - out of football forever

Those that tried to break up the fight - should be commended

What really pisses me off is that one of the UM defensive CAPTAINS was just going around stomping on kids, and the school decided that a one game suspension was enough. Give me a break. If he were a special teams scrubber he would have been made an example out of and probably booted from the program entirely.

I would do what's bound to happen anyway:

Put 70% of them in jail

Put 2% in the NFL

Make 13% high school coaches

Put 10% in city jobs

Put the 5% with the best grades (probably a 2.5 GPA) into the best graduate degree programs in the country, i.e. Wharton bus, Harvard Med, Stanford Law - they'll get there through "plus point", i.e. quota systems at some point anyway.

Solvered. :mad: