Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

If the Dems take control of the House and/or Senate...

Nancy Pelosi could potentially become Speaker of the House :rolleyes: :bandana:

House pages will be able to sleep at night?

People will have to find a new, creative way to blame Republicans for everything.

Tell me what is so bad about that?

nothing, if youre a nazi :rolleyes:

--------------------

a lot people could very well pay more in taxes next year

Nancy Pelosi could potentially become Speaker of the House :( :cry:

Yeah that would be bad, Denny's been doing a bang-up job. :cry:

Yeah that would be bad, Denny's been doing a bang-up job. :cry:

agreed :(

agreed :(

Wouldn't expect anything less from a complete party-line shill like yourself. :cry:

nothing, if youre a nazi :cry:

--------------------

a lot people could very well pay more in taxes next year

You mean the rich people and large corporations. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Wouldn't expect anything less from a complete party-line shill like yourself. :blink:

and what exactly makes you think otherwise?

In an effort to bring the country together, they will start the impeachment process on George Bush. This country will precariously balance on the brink of a civil war. At least until the next episode of American Idol airs.

You mean the rich people and large corporations. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

umm yeah I do just as you do. The tax cuts are whats keeping the economy rolling, just as the Reagan tax cuts did and the Kennedy tax cuts did. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

umm yeah I do just as you do. The tax cuts are whats keeping the economy rolling, just as the Reagan tax cuts did and the Kennedy tax cuts did. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Tax cuts are a good thing IF (and only IF) there are corresponding cuts in spending. You can expect a short-term uptick in revenues (that always happens), but you can't spend like this Congress (and Administration) has and expect that there is no impact. Unless Congress changes its spending ways, then we are in trouble.

You can say that the Dems are going to spend more, but I don't see any proof of that. I KNOW that the Reps have been spending out of control and that is a bad thing.

Nancy Pelosi could potentially become Speaker of the House :blink: :first:

Some shrill little Cali rich housewife would be just two deaths away from becoming President.

You should read her biography. It'll take you about 5 seconds:

Pelosi graduated from Trinity College in Washington, D.C. in 1962. Pelosi and her husband, Paul Pelosi, a native of San Francisco, have five children: Nancy Corinne, Christine, Jacqueline, Paul and Alexandra, and five grandchildren.

To summarize: I went to lib arts college. Got married. Had Kids. They grew up. Got bored with being the idle rich and found a new use for my husband's money: Buy my way into Congress.

Some shrill little Cali rich housewife would be just two deaths away from becoming President.

You should read her biography. It'll take you about 5 seconds:

To summarize: I went to lib arts college. Got married. Had Kids. They grew up. Got bored with being the idle rich and found a new use for my husband's money: Buy my way into Congress.

I guess it could be worse.

Went to college, partied my a$$ off, dodged the draft with help from Daddy, ran some companies into the ground, owned MLB team, sold MLB team and bought way into Governorship. Then became President even though I had fewer people vote for me than the other guy

:blink:

you can't just cut taxes and everything will be ok. We are running up a huge bill, who is going to pay for it?

I think campaign finance and ties with lobbyist are two issues that desperately need addressed in Congress. I do not see the republicans addressing these issues. I am not sure if the dems will but I know the cons aren't. We also need to get spending under control and put the checks back in checks and balances. The President is doing whatever he wants with no one to answer to.

and what exactly makes you think otherwise?

The fact that he's more concerned with the party than the country to the point that he's willing to ignore sexual predators as long as they're in the party fold. The fact that he's one of the leaders of one of the most corrupt and irresponsible "spend and spend some more with no regard for how we will pay for it" congresses in our history. I could go on, but I suspect you get the point.

Tax cuts are a good thing IF (and only IF) there are corresponding cuts in spending. You can expect a short-term uptick in revenues (that always happens), but you can't spend like this Congress (and Administration) has and expect that there is no impact. Unless Congress changes its spending ways, then we are in trouble.

You can say that the Dems are going to spend more, but I don't see any proof of that. I KNOW that the Reps have been spending out of control and that is a bad thing.

spin, spin, spin.

Our opponent comes out and says spending is out of control, such as the prescription bill. Then she says she wants to fix the bill, talking about closing the loophole. Well folks, cosling the loophole would cost $3 trillion. You can't have it both ways.

Same goes for Veterans spending. Since Bush went into office, Veterans spending has increased something like 69%. Yet Sen Talent's opponent is attacking him on cutting Veteran's spending. These cuts Republicans are being attacked on are cuts on the President's proposals. The boss always likens it to his son cutting the grass and how he gives him $20. Well his sone asked him for a raise to $30, they reached a compromise and he now gives him $25. To him, this was a 25% increase yet in washington this would be a 50% cut. :mellow:

The Republicans are holding the line on spending, just wait until the all the appropriations bills come out. They are holding the line on all non-defense non-discretionary, people at home have more of their own money in their pocket and the deficit has almost been cut in half. They're doing a better job than the national media gives them credit for.

The fact that he's more concerned with the party than the country to the point that he's willing to ignore sexual predators as long as they're in the party fold. The fact that he's one of the leaders of one of the most corrupt and irresponsible "spend and spend some more with no regard for how we will pay for it" congresses in our history. I could go on, but I suspect you get the point.

why don't we wait until the investigation is complete before we go hangin him. He forced Foley to resign when the allegations came out. There's no reason to debate this when we dont have all the facts.

spin, spin, spin.

Our opponent comes out and says spending is out of control, such as the prescription bill. Then she says she wants to fix the bill, talking about closing the loophole. Well folks, cosling the loophole would cost $3 trillion. You can't have it both ways.

Same goes for Veterans spending. Since Bush went into office, Veterans spending has increased something like 69%. Yet Sen Talent's opponent is attacking him on cutting Veteran's spending. These cuts Republicans are being attacked on are cuts on the President's proposals. The boss always likens it to his son cutting the grass and how he gives him $20. Well his sone asked him for a raise to $30, they reached a compromise and he now gives him $25. To him, this was a 25% increase yet in washington this would be a 50% cut. :mellow:

The Republicans are holding the line on spending, just wait until the all the appropriations bills come out. They are holding the line on all non-defense non-discretionary, people at home have more of their own money in their pocket and the deficit has almost been cut in half. They're doing a better job than the national media gives them credit for.

Here is Chad's script:

- Dems are the spenders and ignore what the Republican Congress has spent under Bush and the surplus that the Bush admin was left with (check)

- We are holding the line on spending (check)

- Focus on disretionary spending and ignore defense and homeland security spending which are through the roof (check)

- Focus on the small picture and on the "opponent" (check)

- Say that the Dems can't have it both ways and ignore your own statements (Vet spending for example)

- Ignore the mess of the past (check)

Keep up the party line, Chad. :huh:

Here is Chad's script:

- Dems are the spenders and ignore what the Republican Congress has spent under Bush and the surplus that the Bush admin was left with (check)

- We are holding the line on spending (check)

- Focus on disretionary spending and ignore defense and homeland security spending which are through the roof (check)

- Focus on the small picture and on the "opponent" (check)

- Say that the Dems can't have it both ways and ignore your own statements (Vet spending for example)

- Ignore the mess of the past (check)

Keep up the party line, Chad. :mellow:

Don't you think defense and homeland security should be the budgets that are increasing with today's climate? I'm not saying that the Republicans are perfect by any means, I just think it's easy for the Dems to attack either way on this issue. Either we are cutting medicaid/ healthcare/ food stamps and starving the ones that need it the most, or we are spenind like drunken sailors.

Pick an argument and stick with it, but don't just come with the attacks from both sides for the sake of benefitting the party.

I want to leave this job without the partisan blinfold and the understanding that the government is there to help it's most needy. It would be wonderful if both parties could work together for the greater good. Unfortunately, there seems to be too much at stake with majority power and that seems to be both parties emphasis rather than working for the people they represent. Not all are like this, and neither party is any better than the other. But I'm still confident in saying I agree with the things the Republicans are doing, and I think the efforts are being made to curtail spending. If we weren't at war, I don't think it would be a non-issue.

Don't you think defense and homeland security should be the budgets that are increasing with today's climate? I'm not saying that the Republicans are perfect by any means, I just think it's easy for the Dems to attack either way on this issue. Either we are cutting medicaid/ healthcare/ food stamps and starving the ones that need it the most, or we are spenind like drunken sailors.

Pick an argument and stick with it, but don't just come with the attacks from both sides for the sake of benefitting the party.

I want to leave this job without the partisan blinfold and the understanding that the government is there to help it's most needy. It would be wonderful if both parties could work together for the greater good. Unfortunately, there seems to be too much at stake with majority power and that seems to be both parties emphasis rather than working for the people they represent. Not all are like this, and neither party is any better than the other. But I'm still confident in saying I agree with the things the Republicans are doing, and I think the efforts are being made to curtail spending. If we weren't at war, I don't think it would be a non-issue.

We should not be at war. Iraq is an albatross, pure and simple. We never finished our mission in Afganistan and we have a new mess that might make Vietnam look like Woodstock.

Homeland Security is a mess as well. They have lined the pockets of companies like Halliburton by playing off the fears of the masses.

Let me ask you this simple question - Are we better off than we were when the Republicans took control in November, 2002? I don't think so.

ETA: I have no party affiliation, so I am not coming at this from "both sides for the sake of benefitting the party". Can you say the same?

Either we are cutting medicaid/ healthcare/ food stamps and starving the ones that need it the most, or we are spenind like drunken sailors.

Yes. :doublethumbsup:

Okay, I need to introduce a little reality here:

Politicians overstate their importance by trying to tell us tax cuts have a significant impact on the economy. - Presidents will tell us that businesses only expand when "their" tax cuts are passed - they don't.

I've been doing corporate taxes for 20 years in all kinds of industries. I can tell you one thing for certain - Tax never drives a business. Not once in any planning meeting have taxes either caused or killed a business decision. In fact, there's one company out there that is entirely family owned whose entire Tax Planning effort (and they are extensive) is repealing the Estate Tax. That hasn't happened. Yet, the business continues to function and grow. Businesses expand when business is good. Think about it - have you ever made a decision to buy - or not - because of income tax implications? Rarely too, have businesses.

Now, does that mean taxes are ignored? Hell no. If a business knows a capital gains reduction or an accelerated depreciation break is coming up the next year, they'll likely put off significant tax-effected decisions until then. But the decision to purchase/sell /expand has already been made - by the business, because of business factors.. Rarely in the history of business has a CEO said: "Holy crap! The government's offering accelerated depreciation - let's buy a $100 Million airplane!"

Politicians constantly overstate their impact upon the economy - and we believe it. If you're really looking for a factor that has a ginormous impact upon both business and personal economies, look to the FED. - Interest rates are perhaps the single biggest driver of an macro and micro - economic trends.

thus endeth the lesson.

Politicians overstate their importance by trying to tell us tax cuts have a significant impact on the economy. - Presidents will tell us that businesses only expand when "their" tax cuts are passed - they don't.

I've been doing corporate taxes for 20 years in all kinds of industries. I can tell you one thing for certain - Tax never drives a business. Not once in any planning meeting have taxes either caused or killed a business decision. In fact, there's one company out there that is entirely family owned whose entire Tax Planning effort (and they are extensive) is repealing the Estate Tax. That hasn't happened. Yet, the business continues to function and grow. Businesses expand when business is good. Think about it - have you ever made a decision to buy - or not - because of income tax implications? Rarely too, have businesses.

Now, does that mean taxes are ignored? Hell no. If a business knows a capital gains reduction or an accelerated depreciation break is coming up the next year, they'll likely put off significant tax-effected decisions until then. But the decision to purchase/sell /expand has already been made - by the business, because of business factors.. Rarely in the history of business has a CEO said: "Holy crap! The government's offering accelerated depreciation - let's buy a $100 Million airplane!"

Politicians constantly overstate their impact upon the economy - and we believe it. If you're really looking for a factor that has a ginormous impact upon both business and personal economies, look to the FED. - Interest rates are perhaps the single biggest driver of an macro and micro - economic trends.

thus endeth the lesson.

<_< Good lesson, thanks for your input.

spin, spin, spin.

Spin, spin, spin is right. All this talk of cutting the deficit is a lot of accounting smoke and mirrors, complete and utter bullsh!t. The bottom line is the federal debt went up by substantially more in fy 2006 than in fy 2005. Federal debt has increased some roughly 33% in the six years since Bush took office.

FY Ending ------Total Debt ----------------- FY Increase

9/29/2006 --- 8,506,973,899,215.23--- 574,264,237,491.73

9/30/2005 --- 7,932,709,661,723.50--- 553,656,965,393.18

9/30/2004 --- 7,379,052,696,330.32--- 595,821,633,586.70

9/30/2003 --- 6,783,231,062,743.62--- 554,995,097,146.46

9/30/2002 --- 6,228,235,965,597.16--- 420,772,553,397.10

9/28/2001 --- 5,807,463,412,200.06--- 133,285,202,313.20

9/28/2000 --- 5,674,178,209,886.86---- 17,907,308,253.43

9/30/1999 --- 5,656,270,901,633.43--- 130,077,892,735.81

9/30/1998 --- 5,526,193,008,897.62--- 113,046,997,500.28

9/30/1997 --- 5,413,146,011,397.34

It's a well known fact that Sitka Deer HATE boats.

ETA: Wait a minute! How'd the deer get on the island in the FIRST place? Something's fishy here....

Is this a weekly assignment for GOP staffers?

"Get online, troll the forums you frequent, pose political questions, gauge the mood of the electorate, and report back to me! Go, my minions!"

:banana:

As to tax cuts responsible for the "rolling" economy: BS.

thus endeth the lesson.

No other nations compare to the kinds of corporate taxation that manufacturers and other businesses must deal with than in the US. Think of all the money being saved by nations that have moved to Mexico and India from relief from the tax burden. Obvioussly there is some benefit to having those taxes, but you are just kidding yourself if you think the money received from the rollback in federal taxes has not helped the economy. Is it the single determining factor? Of course not, but the more money companies can decide how to use on their own the better. Taxes have put people out of business, that can't be ignored.

No other nations compare to the kinds of corporate taxation that manufacturers and other businesses must deal with than in the US.

You, my frined, are seriously misinformed. :headbanger:

Think of all the money being saved by nations that have moved to Mexico and India from relief from the tax burden.
Nations moved to Mexico and India? I'm surprised there wasn't something in the news about this. I mean I knew Mexico was moving here...

Nations moved to Mexico and India? I'm surprised there wasn't something in the news about this. I mean I knew Mexico was moving here...

:banana:

Most corrupt? Proof please.

Ignored sexual predators? Proof please.

You're a liar. A bold faced liar.

Pull your head out of the sand, or out of your ass, and pay attention and you might know what I'm talking about.

Here's a nice little list of people indicted or named by prosecutors in investigations.

Delay, Abramoff, they're all there...the stench from Washington is worse than any time I can remember...

Here's a nice little list of people indicted or named by prosecutors in investigations.

Delay, Abramoff, they're all there...the stench from Washington is worse than any time I can remember...

try changing your shorts, see if that helps :banana:

try changing your shorts, see if that helps :banana:

Really, that's all you got? At least you might try the old tired "the Dems are worse" line...

Really, that's all you got? At least you might try the old tired "the Dems are worse" line...

well, it isnt just across party lines. The corruption is happening on an individual basis, it has nothing to do with the party as a whole. The Dems just wish it did.