Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

***Early College Football Wagering Thread***

You guys got to ease up on this midweek crap. The games suck and the lines have sucked. - Coach Ditka 10/17/2006

Truer words have never been spoken. To this point, about 70% of my losses have come on betting mid-week games and without them, I would be at around an astounding 80% winning percentage on the season thus far (which obviously will come down). As I mentioned last night, there must be discpline for these games or the willingness to accept a more than likely possibility to give some back. Its like a trainwreck..you know its going to slow you down but you have to stop to take a look anyway!

Having said that, im taking VA tonight. To NC's credit they've had a much tougher schedule and VA has only beaten horsesh!t teams. But NC is having problems with the run and VA leads the division in pass defense with 23 sacks, which is a trend I hope will continue tonight leading to some turnovers. NC's red zone D ranks last in the ACC allowing 24 TD's out of 28 total trips to the red zone against them this season.....thats horrible. Lock? Fock no. Wagering junkee? Suppose so. Will do in game betting if required to hedge.

A collective board round of applause to Philly, who despite not getting paid to provide the in-depth statistics and trends does so anyway. More than what anyone could ask for to help base their decision making.

Good luck guys, hope ya'll win!! :dunno:

Seriously I wouldn't lay the lumber on any of these games tonight.

Utah is not the program that it once was. New Mexico could hang in for a while tonight.

Virginia has had some ridiculous scoring droughts this year where they couldn't trip and make a first down. And they are poorly coached IMO. North Carolina sucks in every way.

Central Michigan/Bowling Green is actually the best play to handicap tonight and they are the lesser known schools. Bowling Green has very little experience and no depth. Central Michigan has been great ATS.

If someone forced me to play tonight I would look at:

Central Michigan and the under

Virginia and the under

Utah

Good luck all!

Welcome back Ditka. When are you going to have your weekend plays posted? I'm already excited. Lucky for me, Vegas had a gimme last week in your absense (Ohio State). That alone made me some serious cash in addition to another Michigan cover. By the way, I'm riding Michigan one more time this week and then off them until they ride into Columbus. I'm also not sure how MSU is favored at Northwestern. MSU is a very bad, bad team who quit on their coach.

Welcome back Ditka. When are you going to have your weekend plays posted? I'm already excited. Lucky for me, Vegas had a gimme last week in your absense (Ohio State). That alone made me some serious cash in addition to another Michigan cover. By the way, I'm riding Michigan one more time this week and then off them until they ride into Columbus. I'm also not sure how MSU is favored at Northwestern. MSU is a very bad, bad team who quit on their coach.

A word of warning; word is that Mike Hart's injury may be more serious than they are letting on. I live in the Ann Arbor area and their are rumors abound that he could be out for an extended period of time.

Hopefully those of us playing this total got it in earlier in the week at 71.5 - 73.5......jumped way sooner than I would have anticipated.

195 Hawaii -20½ 75 47 -115 -115

196 New Mexico State 27½ -115 -115

7:00 pm (CSTV)

YIKES!! Its starting to see too much action which worries me a bit....already played it HUGE at 71.5.....

Good Luck!! :blink:

what's the vegas action for tonight's game? % wise.

thanks

I am not sure about the Vegas odds, but Caribsports.com %s are as follows: (they are usually in line with Vegas' numbers)

Central Michigan 72%

Bowling Green 28%

UNC 20%

UVA 80%

Utah 66%

New Mex. 34%

*SIGH*

In for Central Mich -7 (-115) and Virginia -6.5 (-115)

If I go 0-for-2, I'm seriously going to have to reassess my bankroll.

"If I go 0-for-2, I'm seriously going to have to reassess my bankroll."

...and then put it all on tomorrow nights game!!! <_<

"If I go 0-for-2, I'm seriously going to have to reassess my bankroll."

...and then put it all on tomorrow nights game!!! :banana:

Get out of my head! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

2006 College betting record

86-74-5 +8.924 units

2+ plays 17-18-1 -1.705 units

like a lot of people here i'm in a cold streak, lost about half my winnings in the past week and a half.

C. Mich -7@-117 2 units WINNER!! :banana:

Utah -5.5 2 units LOSER!! :dunno:

Basically C. Mich is the best team in the MAC and i have them #55 overall in college football. They are 7-0 ATS this year and like philly said they continue to get underated. All their losses are OOC, but they were very competitive against the likes of Boston College (24-31) and @Michigan (17-45), obviously covering in those games. C. Mich has a good passing offense at #21 overall.

Bowling Green is 3-4 ATS this season and has been fairly difficult to figure out as they've played better on the road than at home. they've played a number of close games against sub-par teams including OT against Buffalo, 5 pt win against Fla. Intl, and a 3 pt win against E. Michigan. Against good competition they've been handled pretty well with lopsided losses against wisc, ohio st., and kent st. The game that stands out most to me is the home loss to kent 38-3. C. Mich is better than Kent and C. Mich will be at home. i see at minimum a 10-14 pt win for C. Mich.

Utah doesn't like close games. they either win big or lose big. none of their games have been decided by less than 13, and that was in a win over TCU (20-7). Utah has throttled poor competition(Utah st, San Diego St., N. Ariz) by over 30 pts 3 times, including 2 on the road. The utes have a solid def at #28 overall, always a plus when going on the road.

New Mex is not good, i have them #86 in college football. Their offense is ranked #103 and they have trouble scoring points against decent defenses. the utes will be the 3rd best team they've faced, and they've lost by double digits against their top opponents (Air force and mizzou). New mex will probably hang around for a while, but in the end they should lose by at least 10.

Line movements right before kickoff hit at a high percentage in favor of the way the line moved, as I mentioned last week with Pitt. Last night just before kickoff, the line for ULL went from 9 to 8.5....and Fla Atl covered. The line just moved in favor of Central Michigan covering.....very interested to see the results.

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

Well I have been lurking, following the great picks and insight everyone has had to offer. Decided to take the under in the UCM/BG game which is already looking iffy with the way UCM has looked early. May jump on the UNC/UVA in-game if something presents itself.

GL to all

Man, alot of you have had a bad run in the last week or so. Let's all get the ship back sailing in the right direction this weekend.

haha i was doing well until that UL Lafayette game... where i lost 6 units :headbanger: every half and game.

Go C. Mich!

14-0 C. Michigan!! :headbanger: end of first Q.

does anyone know if the utah game will be on tv?? Vs. network??

Now 17-0.

Yeah, Utah is on Vs/OLN network.

I agree with Ditka that most weekday games are not worth betting (only played three all year), but UVA jumped out to me tonight. I've been 3-0 on the ones I have bet (probably because it really has to jump out at me for me to play it), so hopefully that continues.

I agree with Ditka that most weekday games are not worth betting (only played three all year), but UVA jumped out to me tonight. I've been 3-0 on the ones I have bet (probably because it really has to jump out at me for me to play it), so hopefully that continues.

What are you guys talking about.... all games are worth betting on as long as you choose the right ones. :banana:

Well doesn't this just f'n figure:

C. Mich 17-0

Allows a quick BG Score to 17-7

Fumbles on their 40 and BG driving for the spread-killing score. :banana: :wub:

4th and 8th?!? You let them convert a fvcking 4th and 8th??!?! Pieces of sh!t!!!!

:pointstosky: 17-14 now

And Ditka calls it again: Virginia couldn't get in the end zone if you put every NCAA cheerleader naked and spread eagle in the end zone.

F-it. I'm hedging this game at halftime (provided the line stays at B. Green +4)...which it won't because they just got the FVCKING ball back!

Also hedging Virginia. I'm getting visions of another 6-0 final!

Plays so far:

YTD College 90-38-8

Texas AM +3.5

Maryland -1.5

Miami -18

Miami -10.5 (1st Half)

Nebraska +6.5

Rutgers +6.5

Indiana +31

Penn State -17

Oregon -3.5

Wisconsin/Purdue under 56

Va Tech -10 (1st Half)

Hawaii -11.5 (1st Half)

FYI: A lot of people have the same idea to hedge or go with the hot team. The heavy money coming in on Bowling Green:

Olympic: BG +4 (-120)

Dimeline Sport: BG +4 (-115)

Bodog: BG +4 (-120)

2nd half:

VA -2.5 (-125) 20 (-125 Under)

SOOO tmepted to take that under.....nothing offensively too see here tonight folks.....hmmmm

Virginia up 9-0 at the half. Haven't had the chance to watch much of the game, but from what I've seen, UNC looks like crap. I'd like to see VA put it in the endzone. So far, so good though. :headbanger:

Hedged with NC +3 for even money (so VA outscoring them by 1-2 points would be sweet).

Sticking with Central Michigan. No value in having one side for -115 and another for -120. Will just hope that CM gets their sh!t together.

Good luck to all.

2nd half:

VA -2.5 (-125) 20 (-125 Under)

SOOO tmepted to take that under.....nothing offensively too see here tonight folks.....hmmmm

Actually a better looking halftime bet is NC team total points 9....looks like a good under. Think I will hold out and hope VA can stop being g@y and put the ball in the endzone against a team that 90% of the time in their red zone welcomes paydirt...

Good Luck guys :headbanger:

Guest SheVegas

Mr. Ditka my book has Texas A&M + 3.5....wondering what is up...Thank You

Plays so far:

YTD College 90-38-8

Texas AM -1

Miami -18

Nebraska +6.5

Rutgers +6.5

Indiana +31

Penn State -17

Oregon -3.5

My book is telling me Texas AM is +3.5. Is something going on with this game?

Plays so far:

YTD College 90-38-8

Texas AM -1

Miami -18

Nebraska +6.5

Rutgers +6.5

Indiana +31

Penn State -17

Oregon -3.5

Don't take this as a second guess or with any disrespect as I follow your picks entirely, but is your selection of Penn State with the idea that the Lions will most likely be playing with their third string QB?

I can confirm Olympic has A&M at +3.5. I'm assuming Ditka either wrote it down wrong, or there's a major injury that recently happened.

Hey guys,

That Colbert Nation dude who claims to have 97% accuracy with picks through his "source" just posted a thread with them. Sorry for not attaching......just a little comedy. I actually am interested to see what happens, at least he showed back up to post them :doublethumbsup:

Paydirt..VA :doublethumbsup:

Its about friggin time!

Now if NC can match it and run out the clock, we'd be all nice and good.

It's no surprise to me that Virginia will cover, I hedged Virginia, C. Mich will not cover and I didn't hedge.

Oh, and Utah at the 1 yard line and kicks a FG. This is quite the evening.

Now if NC can match it and run out the clock, we'd be all nice and good.

It's no surprise to me that Virginia will cover, I hedged Virginia, C. Mich will not cover and I didn't hedge.

Oh, and Utah at the 1 yard line and kicks a FG. This is quite the evening.

i dont think we'll have to sweat the utah game. they are dominating. the c. mich game...man its gonna be tight. big blocked fg though, still up 10!

sick play in the mets-cards game...i'm on the cards again tonight and they just got a hr robbed.

Don't take this as a second guess or with any disrespect as I follow your picks entirely, but is your selection of Penn State with the idea that the Lions will most likely be playing with their third string QB?

Sorry guys, had to correct my post I posted my picks while stirring spaghetti sauce. You know you can let the gravy cook still.

I hate Illinois so much that I would take Penn State if Joe Paterno lined up to quarterback.

i dont think we'll have to sweat the utah game. they are dominating. the c. mich game...man its gonna be tight. big blocked fg though, still up 10!

sick play in the mets-cards game...i'm on the cards again tonight and they just got a hr robbed.

Shame on you for taking the Cards. Tsk Tsk.

Sweating out the game too, but not for money. Want to see my oft-troubled team get to the big dance.

Shame on you for taking the Cards. Tsk Tsk.

Sweating out the game too, but not for money. Want to see my oft-troubled team get to the big dance.

believe me, i won't exactly be crying in my oatmeal if the cards lose. either way, detroit wins it in 5.

TD C. MICH!!! ;) 31-14 with 4 min left in the game

TD new mex :D 24-10 utes

Is it just me or have the favorites seemed better in recent weeks? I remember first 4-5 weeks, I was betting about 60% dogs but now, i feel like im stretching for some dogs just to play some of them.