Sign in to follow this  
Bugs Bunny wuz here

NY Giants @ Dallas - MNF Thread

It's a shame Parcells bent over and took one up the ass last week to appease TO.

As for the game, hopefully it's a good one to watch. Maybe hope the Giants lose too.

0-0 tie.

The game gets called on account of both teams eating bad spinach and getting sick. The sickness puts both teams out for the entire season. No death nor permanent injury reported. :banana:

0-0 tie.

The game gets called on account of both teams eating bad spinach and getting sick. The sickness puts both teams out for the entire season. No death nor permanent injury reported. :dunno:

:lol: Interesting scenario.

I'm going Giants 24, Dallas 21.

The Giants are up 21-14 late, but Bledsoe drives the team down and Glenn gets the TD.

Manning gets the ball back with 2 minutes and takes em down the field for a FG. Big play to Toomer to set em up.

i think the Giants will win by 7-10 points. they're playing well since their bye. their D finally started playing and they have good balance on O. Dallas has been good vs the run but i don't think they'll shut down Tiki and once he gets going its going to be easy for Eli. this might be the game that the Giants pass rush finally gets going and Bledsoe will take sacks and/or turn it over.

I do see Dallas beating the Giants only because of the Cowboy's pass rush and their ability to put the game on ice with their running game. Eli will make enough mistakes to put his team behind early.

Dallas also has enough team speed on defense to neutralize Barber.

Dallas 24

Giants 13

The Giants are fired up after a big win over a tough ATL DEF

I wouldn't call them Tenn, Detroit or NYJ, but tough :dunno:

this might be the game that the Giants pass rush finally gets going

Actually that was last week when they sacked the most mobile quarterback in the league 7 times, forced him to fumble 4 times, and pretty much beat the ever living sh!t out of him.

this might be the game that the Giants pass rush finally gets going and Bledsoe will take sacks and/or turn it over.

The Giants pass rush abused Vick last week.

The Giants are the clear favorites here. Bledsoe is bad, and their oline is not good. The Giants D will be all over him all day, and the Giants have a very balanced offense that will get theirs.

I do see Dallas beating the Giants only because of the Cowboy's pass rush and their ability to put the game on ice with their running game. Eli will make enough mistakes to put his team behind early.

The Dallas running game and Eli's mistakes? What about the Giants running game or Bledsoe???

Giants all the way! T.O. - :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

It's a shame Parcells bent over and took one up the ass last week to appease TO.

the igs played the same time as dallas did, so i'm assuming you did not watch our game. either way, this was a really ridiculous thing to say. owens, crayton and glenn all had 5 catches each - and in fact, owens had the least amount of yardage among the 3. there were 2 other td passes that should have been caught that were not thrown at TO.

The Giants pass rush abused Vick last week.

The Giants are the clear favorites here. Bledsoe is bad, and their oline is not good. The Giants D will be all over him all day, and the Giants have a very balanced offense that will get theirs.

The Dallas running game and Eli's mistakes? What about the Giants running game or Bledsoe???

Like I said in my original post, Dallas has enough team speed on defense to take Barber out of the game.

I should have also included that Dallas will go up early on the Giants because of Eli's turnovers. From that point, the Tuna runs the ball right down NY's throat.

Hey, I hope the Giants dee tunes up Bledsoe. I'm stuck with their defense in fantasy. However, I can't see the Giants putting that much pressure on Bledsoe without blitzing (ala the Philly game).

Either way, I hope each team kills each other on Sunday.

the igs played the same time as dallas did, so i'm assuming you did not watch our game. either way, this was a really ridiculous thing to say.

Not really, it's quite obvious to all that to appease Owens tantrums Parcells did everything they could to get Owens his TD's. Just be glad it worked and Owens didn't short arm them or drop them.

However, I can't see the Giants putting that much pressure on Bledsoe without blitzing (ala the Philly game).

Why would you say this? They have two probowlers on the outside up front, fantastic passing rushing depth behind them, and have been getting pressure up the middle as well. And Dallas has a pourous o-line and an imobile QB. Thie Gaints pass rush has come on very strong the past two games against much better fronts than Dallas', and the Giant's front ate Bledsoe alive last year.

Regarding turnovers, I'd be at least as concerend with Bledsoe as Eli.

Pretty tepid responses. One known Giants fan and one known Cowboys fan (that I know of) have responded. I guess fans of both teams don't want to touch this thread. Playing it safe I guess. :cheers:

Why would you say this? They have two probowlers on the outside up front, fantastic passing rushing depth behind them, and have been getting pressure up the middle as well. And Dallas has a pourous o-line and an imobile QB. Thie Gaints pass rush has come on very strong the past two games against much better fronts than Dallas', and the Giant's front ate Bledsoe alive last year.

Regarding turnovers, I'd be at least as concerend with Bledsoe as Eli.

Their ends are terrific, but they're also going up against two pretty good tackles in Dallas.

Hey, I hope you're right, and I hope the Giants' defense gets 10 sacks. :doublethumbsup:

Dallas - 27

G-Men - 20

I think the Giants are the better team overall, but I think Dallas needs to prove something and really can't afford to go to 1-2 within the division. Plus, it's in Dallas.

Pretty tepid responses. One known Giants fan and one known Cowboys fan (that I know of) have responded. I guess fans of both teams don't want to touch this thread. Playing it safe I guess. :P

You're probably right. I know I don't. I'm quite confident in what the Giants can do (without going into it), but Dallas is a team that is so hard to call because they are scary good in a lot of areas, but also have some critical flaws. Momentum will be a big factor in this game, and that's not an easy thing to estimate.

Momentum will be a big factor in this game, and that's not an easy thing to estimate.

As far as momentum goes, I'd have to say it would be with the Giants. They beat an okay ATL team while the Cowboys beat a bad HOU team. But at least Dallas is home.

And that there is a real concern for me. At home, under the lights...

Monday night. Huge game. As an Eagles fan, I'm glad someone will lose, but as a football fan, we got two good teams in the same division, with the same record, it doesn't get any better than this.

Monday night. Huge game. As an Eagles fan, I'm glad someone will lose, but as a football fan, we got two good teams in the same division, with the same record, it doesn't get any better than this.

:banana: Very true. I'm definitly pumped. I just hope they don't taint the production with too much TO and Tiki retiring nonsense. Stick with the football. This should be a good one.

Dallas and the referees will team up to beat the Giants.

and the referees, what does that mean? :dunno:

i could be mistaken, but didn't the giants get some pretty iffy calls in the iggles game? :dunno:

as far as the game, i think this going to be a real tough win for both teams. obvioiusly the g-men are playing great right now but i do not buy into the fact they are more talented than dallas - i think both are equally loaded. and just like i said when dallas traveled to philly, i think equally strengthed teams defend their home turf - simple as that. course with bledsoe - nothing is a sure thing, he's capable of turning it over 9 times.

giants 17

cowboys 24

Pretty tepid responses. One known Giants fan and one known Cowboys fan (that I know of) have responded. I guess fans of both teams don't want to touch this thread. Playing it safe I guess. :dunno:

Hey I represent, so add at least one more Giant fan to your post count. I haven't said much else in this thread as mostly what I see are Eagles fans trying to reassure themselves that the Giants will not be pressing them for the lead once this game is over, and Cowboy fans trying to convince themselves that they have a shot to win this one. Obviously they haven't played the game yet, so let's just let the play on the field speak for itself. Go Giants! :doublethumbsup:

Giants fan, here. It's hard for me to put a finger on this game. Both teams have shown flashes of greatness and ineptitude. The Giants have some momentum coming off of the Atlanta win. Of course, Dallas has some too, with TO's first big game against Houston. The keys for the Giants: If Tiki is running well, the offense will do just fine. On D, everyone knows you have to pressure Bledsoe. Get him to make some bad throws and hopefully those become turnovers. Can't wait to watch this one.

Dallas is a tough physical team and I'm still not sold on the Giants d, but Bledsoe could be under some serious heat from the Giants passrush. Owens matched up against the Giants corners scares me though. :doublethumbsup:

I'm a Giants fan so I'll go with the Giants.

34-30

The Giants have rediscovered their running game, Eli will thrive off of play-action, and the defense has been simplified and is playing with a renewed swagger. They were more physical last week then I've seen them in a long time.

They are going to punch Dallas in the mouth. Hard.

Giants 28 Cowboys 17

I have zero confidence in the ability of the Cowboys to protect Bledsoe.

Hey I represent, so add at least one more Giant fan to your post count. I haven't said much else in this thread as mostly what I see are Eagles fans trying to reassure themselves that the Giants will not be pressing them for the lead once this game is over, and Cowboy fans trying to convince themselves that they have a shot to win this one. Obviously they haven't played the game yet, so let's just let the play on the field speak for itself. Go Giants! :doublethumbsup:

LOL, my girlfriends family are all Giants fans (she's an Eagles fan, though) and her brother actually called us from Disneyworld when the Eagles lost to the Saints. So yes, for that reason, I'd like to see the Giants lose. On the other hand, my brother-in-law and 2 nephews are Cowboys fans (my sister is an Eagles fan) and they are constantly in my face about thier 'Boys. So, for that reason, I'd like nothing more than to see the Giants win.

Can they both lose? That would be perfect!

Whichever team can establish the running game wins.

Both teams have good run games, but Dallas has the superior run defense.

Cowboys 24

Giants 20

Both teams have good run games, but Dallas has the superior run defense.

I would not be so quick to say to say this. The Giants run defense has been very strong all year. 1/3 of the yardage they've surrendered this year was off of QB scrambles, not RBs (to Vick and McNabb) and one long run from Dunn. Dallas does have a good run D, but let's not forget that they faced Washington without Portis, Tennessee without Henry, and Houston without... well, without anyone.

Hey I represent, so add at least one more Giant fan to your post count.

Noted.

I haven't said much else in this thread as mostly what I see are Eagles fans trying to reassure themselves that the Giants will not be pressing them for the lead once this game is over

Well, we'll be 5 - 2 so we'll still be okay. :headbanger:

Cowboy fans trying to convince themselves that they have a shot to win this one.

:rolleyes:

Shootout, and a good one.

Dallas wins 42-38, Owens catches 2 TDs from Romo after Bledose gets hit in his bagina.

The Giants have rediscovered their running game, Eli will thrive off of play-action, and the defense has been simplified and is playing with a renewed swagger. They were more physical last week then I've seen them in a long time.

They are going to punch Dallas in the mouth. Hard.

Giants 28 Cowboys 17

I have zero confidence in the ability of the Cowboys to protect Bledsoe.

Best post here. Agree 100%

Shootout, and a good one.

Dallas wins 42-38, Owens catches 2 TDs from Romo after Bledose gets hit in his bagina.

If the Giants lose to Romo they should just pack up their bags.

I would not be so quick to say to say this. The Giants run defense has been very strong all year. 1/3 of the yardage they've surrendered this year was off of QB scrambles, not RBs (to Vick and McNabb) and one long run from Dunn. Dallas does have a good run D, but let's not forget that they faced Washington without Portis, Tennessee without Henry, and Houston without... well, without anyone.

Well the thing about the "you havent played anybody" type argument that you bring up with regard to who the Cowboys have faced is that you can only play who you are scheduled to play. I agree those backs/offenses were not top shelf units, but the Cowboys shut them down as they should have. They also shut down Westbrook and contained F Taylor. The fact remains that no back has had a 100yd game against Dallas this season.

The Giants havent exactly faced a non-stop slew of top rushers either. The Rhodes/Addai committe is hardly impressive, nor was a gimpy SA. When they faced good rushing attacks, results have been mediocre. Portis was somewhat contained but Westbrook nearly doubled his production vs NY as opposed to what he did against Dallas, including a significant ypc increase. They gave up big yardage to both Dunn and Vick, and speaking of giving up scramble yards...they gave that up to McNabb too...something Dallas shut down.

I understand you want to look beyond the numbers on these things, but the numbers are usually pretty good guideposts. Dallas is giving up 67 rush ypg which is VERY impressive and ranks #1 in the NFL. Giants are ranked #18, giving up 113.8 ypg. Nearly double. They have also given up double the rushing TD's.

So I stand by my statement that Dallas has the superior run defense and the numbers support that. Of course it is early and it could all change but then again it may not.

Two other key areas of the game IMO will be:

1. Can Dallas protect the concrete-footed Bledsoe? I think that they will. Obviously they are aware of the issue...improvement was evident against Houston. About the Giants pass rush...allow me to cherry pick some stats and throw out the sacks vs ATL. This results in a very pedestrian looking sack total. So have they "gotten it going" the last couple weeks or was the ATL game an anomaly due to the different gameplan involved in defending Vick?

2. Can NY take advantage of the inexperience/lack of talent at the Cowboys free safety position to score some big plays? Dallas has been beaten deep a number of times at the free safety position this year. That tends to happen when you have a rookie starting. Watkins improved vs Carr and the Texans but I will be surprised if Manning-Toomer doesnt burn him at least once. Also look for Shockey to attempt to abuse Ellis in coverage if he gets the matchup.

Should be a great game.

Bledsoe will spend the whole game trying to get the ball to a double/triple covered T.O.--he will throw about 4 picks and still forget that he has T. Glenn running routes and standing around wide open.

TO will piss and moan on the sidelines while Bledsoe sucks him off to ease his pain....

Sorry, just pissed about Bledsoe not throwing to an open Glenn last week, who I had in my starting lineup...

Dallas 10 NYG 35

Tiki goes off again....and get 2 TD's