Sign in to follow this  
clpsuite

D

Who dreamed that stinker up?

Are you kidding?! That was AWESOME!!! :pointstosky:

The only thing it was missing was more fans booing....

~And yet another reason to HATE Espn :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a complete and utter embarrassment to football, television (including the crap that has been on the WB), and Monday's (including some really bad Monday's in history). Whoever dreamt up that little gem should be drawn and quartered. There is no excuse for something so idiotic, unentertaining, and complete worthless such as that.

Please bear in mind that I even find some value in Hogan Knows Best, Flavor of Love, and wrestling.

:rolleyes:

My favorite part was when cartoon Steve Young dove into the endzone and his head fell off and then you saw him quickly putting his head back on. It was like when you watch the local news and they show someone getting arrested, how they have the jacket on their head. Anything to protect their identity. Totally pathetic.

Tom Jackson looked pissed. Maybe it's b/c Joe Limbaugh-Theisman said his sausage looked just like him.

"We all look alike to you, don't we Costanza?"

I thought it was pretty funny, except that I wanted to see those big-heads do a little bit more (like tackle each other or at least run the entire length of the field). The whole thing was over too quickly.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Yeah, it was super pathetic, but that's honestly what made it so absolutely brilliant. The booing of super smiley Theisman, Kornheiser, and Irvin combined with the complete non-chalance/cricket chirping for Berman and Tirico was so great.

I was almost crying of laughter when, in order to keep their bigheads from flying off, the characters had to hold them on with their hands while running. It looked like all the characters had their hands in their mouths.

The Kornheiser character was prancing at a slower-than-walking pace which looked hilarious in the background.

Steve Young's head falling off at the end, and the stadium's utter disinterest at the whole fiasco in general made that one of the most hilariously pointless things I've ever seen. I immediately called my friend after it had ended to confirm if he had saved it on TiVo.

Unfortunately, he didn't. If anyone did, and can upload it on youtube.com, PLEASE PLEASE do so. I would pay money to see that again.

Exactly...it was so entirely absurd that's what made it so awesome. I enjoyed it precisely because it wasn't some well-polished event. Some of those people in the costumes were so pathetic they could barely move with those big heads on. They were practically walking through it while struggling to keep up. I'm chuckling now even thinking about it...

Hahaha, me too. When they were trying to keep those heads from falling off with their hands in their big smiley mouths it looked like something out of an absurd dream.

I'm also wondering....was that even a real race? Were all of those characters legitimately trying to run as fast as they could (while being hindered by their costumes)? If that's the case, I'm honestly laughing even harder.

Honestly, I'd bet it was staged, but then again it's entertainment either way you slice it...since we can't know any better let's just assume they gave it their all :headbanger:

That was freakin funny as hell! I was laughing my butt off... those big goofy feet and heads, c'mon, totally bizarre.

I agree the slow pokes at the end were the funniest part.

Might be one of the BEST halftime shows I've ever seen.

Hahaha, me too. When they were trying to keep those heads from falling off with their hands in their big smiley mouths it looked like something out of an absurd dream.

I'm also wondering....was that even a real race? Were all of those characters legitimately trying to run as fast as they could (while being hindered by their costumes)? If that's the case, I'm honestly laughing even harder.

I think it was legit, because when the Steve Young bighead fell in the endzone his feet fell off too. Must've been hard to run in those things.

And considering his scrambling won him the race, when Young's head fell off, it was also frighteningly reminiscant of the end of his career. :ninja:

Yeah, it probably was extremely difficult to move quickly and keep that giant head balanced :banana:

I wish I could see it again...

Steve Young was borderline mortified. What were his comments afterwards? "How...promotional." (or somesuch snipe on the whole farce)

Good God, I hadn't seen that.

I hope the ghost of Ray Scott comes down and beats the hell out of these jackoffs.

ESPN hits rock bottom- keeps digging.

No way dude. If I wasn't able to find footage of this I would have mailed ESPN a check for whatever amount they asked to buy the clip. Funniest, most pathetic, most pointless thing ever. I love it.