Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Lizards Power Rankings through Week #8

OK doodes, I have provided for your pleasure an updated power rankings list with a short blurb about each team. Some teams will be grouped together if they are similar or their outlook is similar.

THE TOP TEN OR TEAMS LIKELY GOING SOMEWHERE:

1) Colts - There is no stopping this offense and they have Vinatieri now!

2) Pats - Noone wants to play these guys and they continue to expose teams badly!

3) Bears - Solid overall team that has to beat someone good to move up in the rankings.

4) Chargers - I think they can play with anyone and just need to overcome MartyBall BS.

5) Giants - Im starting to think they are coming around now and the division is looking weak.

6) Falcons - The last two weeks have moved them up my charts for sure!

7) Saints - Good balance overall and fun to watch!

8) Ravens - IM not totally sold but that defense appears to be nasty again like in 2000-2001.

9) Broncos - Beat the Pats but look very mediocre against other strong teams.

10) Rams - Maybe a reach at #10 buit they can score enough to keep games close.

THE MIDDLE TEAMS OR TEAMS YOU CANT RELY ON WEEK TO WEEK ( in no particular order ):

Panthers - Over-rated for the most part. Dicey offense and underperforming defense.

Vikings - They just look really bad sometimes.... how did they even win 4 games thus far?

Cowboys - Romo might help but they still have some issues.

Eagles - So much for that 4-1 start eh?

Seabags - In juries or not, they are not as good as they look on paper.

Jaguars - Jekyll & Hyde in every sense of the phrase.... totally unpredictable.

Chiefs - Herm Edwards will drain the life out of them and assure mediocrity.

Bungles - Suddenly reminding us of the bumbling Bengals as of late huh?

Jets - Pennington blows and the defense kind of does too.... how did they win 4 games???

Packers - They fight hard and all that but lack the talent and wil fizzle out down the stretch.

THE REST OF THE NFL WHICH BASICALLY ALL SUCK AND SHOULD PREPARE FOR NEXT YEAR:

Bills, Browns, Lions, Cardinals, Foreskins, Faiders, Bucs, 49ers, Titans, Texans, Dolphins, Squealers - These teams are all pretty much cooked. Sure, you might see a late-season explosion of effort and they could finish strong.... you might also win the lottery but its not likely, ya know?

Enjoy fellow forumers.... :(

OK doodes, I have provided for your pleasure an updated power rankings list with a short blurb about each team. Some teams will be grouped together if they are similar or their outlook is similar.

2) Pats - Noone wants to play these guys and they continue to expose teams badly!

3) Bears - Solid overall team that has to beat someone good to move up in the rankings.

4) Chargers - I think they can play with anyone and just need to overcome MartyBall BS.

5) Giants - Im starting to think they are coming around now and the division is looking weak.

8) Ravens - IM not totally sold but that defense appears to be nasty again like in 2000-2001.

THE MIDDLE TEAMS OR TEAMS YOU CANT RELY ON WEEK TO WEEK ( in no particular order ):

Panthers - Over-rated for the most part. Dicey offense and underperforming defense.

Vikings - They just look really bad sometimes.... how did they even win 4 games thus far?

Jets - Pennington blows and the defense kind of does too.... how did they win 4 games???

Packers - They fight hard and all that but lack the talent and wil fizzle out down the stretch.

Bills, Browns, Lions, Cardinals, Foreskins, Faiders, Bucs, 49ers, Titans, Texans, Dolphins, Squealers - These teams are all pretty much cooked. Sure, you might see a late-season explosion of effort and they could finish strong.... you might also win the lottery but its not likely, ya know?

Enjoy fellow forumers.... :(

Not a Broncos fan but how can you say they looked average against other good teams, right after they hung in till the end against your top team?

Not a Broncos fan but how can you say they looked average against other good teams, right after they hung in till the end against your top team?

Come playoff time, I just don't think Jake the Fake is going to cut it.

:rolleyes:

sometimes you surprise me Road Lizard.

IMO, that's an excellent list... I'd bump CHI to #1 overall... and DEN is a bit too low... but overall I like the list.

I guess mine would be something like:

CHI - a complete team, Offense, Defense, Sp Teams

IND - great offense, no defense, but they're undefeated

DEN - great defense, no offense. If they lost to NE they'd be quite a few notches lower

NE - aside from CHI, the second best all around team in the NFL

SD - third best all around. Offense looks good. Defense looks elite. Will suspensions kill them?

NYG - my pre-season favorite to represent the NFC in the SB. Playing decent on both sides of the ball.

BAL - nice defense. pitiful offense. McNair is not much of a QB improvement for them after all. Is this D good enough to carry them? sure was this week.

NO - they beat ATL, so they're ahead of ATL. Love Brees. The team is inspired.

STL - not sure what to think. Soft division. They may surprise and move up a few notches.

ATL - Vick? meh.

PHI - shrug... no power running game will equal an up and down season.

Swap the Broncos and the Aint's and you have nailed it to date.

Good list

Maybe I have the Broncos a little low but its hard to get excited aout such an anemic offense... partucularly that morbid passing "attack".

But yeah, I can see the Broncos being a little higher. Perhaps Im looking into the future when they will likely fall apart or Plummer will have to carry the load which is impossible.

As for those that hate my list...well..... soak my cork. <_<

this is a good list for right now

but we all know being able to run and stop the run is where it matters from december on. Therefore my rankings

1)Bears

2)Pats

3)Colts

4)Ravens

5)Chargers

6)Giants

7)Broncos

I dont wanna go any further

Perhaps Im looking into the future when they will likely fall apart or Plummer will have to carry the load which is impossible.

I don't disagree... IMO, any team that can't play balanced football (weak offense or weak defense) will eventually be exposed. But for now, you've got to give DEN credit... punish them once the fall apart.

i respect that you didnt make the bears #1

Nah, they are damned good dont get me wrong.... I mean #3 out of 32 is solid and all. Maybe Im just still not completely sold on this team.... like 95% sold but there is still that feeling that against the right opponent they can and will be exposed a little bit. Kind of like Indy did to Denver or The Pats did to the Vikings.

Even the Broncos blasting the Pats showed that even the Pats have some issues too.

Thats why I have the Colts #1 right now.... they have YET to really be exposed even though we know that run D is non-existent. The Colts cover their weaknesses with an unstoppable offense.

If The Pats beat Indy, especially soundly then I'll have to reshuffle the whole damned thing! ;)

Nah, they are damned good dont get me wrong.... I mean #3 out of 32 is solid and all. Maybe Im just still not completely sold on this team.... like 95% sold but there is still that feeling that against the right opponent they can and will be exposed a little bit. Kind of like Indy did to Denver or The Pats did to the Vikings.

Even the Broncos blasting the Pats showed that even the Pats have some issues too.

Thats why I have the Colts #1 right now.... they have YET to really be exposed even though we know that run D is non-existent. The Colts cover their weaknesses with an unstoppable offense.

If The Pats beat Indy, especially soundly then I'll have to reshuffle the whole damned thing! :thumbsup:

Kinda Like the Jets AND teh Titans exposed the Colts....I dont get it...

If The Pats beat Indy, especially soundly then I'll have to reshuffle the whole damned thing! :doh:

Not too bad. A couple comments.

- Don't think you can put a 1 loss Pats team ahead of the Bears, especially when that 1 loss team loses at home. I know the Bears schedule has been soft, but the Pats haven't exactly played the best teams and reside in an awful division.

- I would have placed Denver higher (possibly ahead of NE) but I can understand not doing so. I would assume if the Broncos win this week and the Pats lose, the Broncos go back in front of the Pats?

- The Saints should not be ahead of the Ravens who just beat them in the Superdome.

- I'd probably have the Cowboys instead of the Rams on there.

Enjoy fellow forumers.... :thumbsup:

IMO Saints, Falcons, Rams down.. Broncos, Eagles up. Cowboys possibly also (is Romo for real?). Poor stretch for Philly but they'll be there in the end. I don't think the Saints, Falcons, or Rams will be contenders come playoff time. Not enough defense for STL, same for ATL (35?? to Pit?), NO I think has been playing on emotion and will continue to level off as they finish closer to .500 than the playoffs. Will be much stronger contenders next year, though.