Sign in to follow this  
pacman_fl

Job Boredom, what do you do?

I am fortunate enough to have a great paying job where I can spend hours on end hanging out here. Unfortunately, I have always been about the "challenge" about the job and it's not here now. How do you guys handle those boring days (or months in my case)?

rub one out in the men's room

:pointstosky:

It's already part of the daily routine. When the building manager isn't around, I manage to do the same in women's as well. :clap: Something more out of the box please. :P

The best way to get through the day is balance: If you have ten things that bore the shiit out of you, but have to be done. Do one - then reward yourself with bored time or some other monotony breaker.

As far as challenge? One of the biggest lessons I learned is that if you're looking for your job to constantly challenge and/or complete you, you're dipping from the wrong well. If your job pays you well, then your job is doing IT'S job. Expect nothing more. Look for challenge in other aspects of your life. If you can find moments of challenge in your job, all the better, but don't expect it. Even the most skilled surgeon in the most high risk surgeries gets a little bored with the routine after enough time.

The best way to get through the day is balance: If you have ten things that bore the shiit out of you, but have to be done. Do one - then reward yourself with bored time or some other monotony breaker.

As far as challenge? One of the biggest lessons I learned is that if you're looking for your job to constantly challenge and/or complete you, you're dipping from the wrong well. If your job pays you well, then your job is doing IT'S job. Expect nothing more. Look for challenge in other aspects of your life. If you can find moments of challenge in your job, all the better, but don't expect it. Even the most skilled surgeon in the most high risk surgeries gets a little bored with the routine after enough time.

That's what I needed to hear. Despite all of "crap" thrown around a few of the posts lately, I knew there were still quality answers out there. I read an interesting article on male "mid life crisis" that stated the same thing. I most be getting focking old. :headbanger: Appreciate the insight - maybe I will go 5 miles UNDER the speed limit driving up 95 tonight (to see if I DON'T get shot)....it's a start.

T&P

Thanks - it's my daily "adventure" (50 miles both ways). At least it North of WPB and not South.

I get some of my best sleep on the job. In fact I just woke from a power nap.

Now I'll go take some readings, jot them down, have dinner and get some more sleep.

I post between winks

Hmm, let's see... today I accomplished the following:

- Worked out

- Stretched

- Pre-nooner with wife :banana:

- Lunch

- Haircut

- Surfed boreds

- Prepped for halloween

One man's opinion. If you WANT your job to challenge you and it isn't currently, change job function or change industries. It's pretty simple.

- Worked out

- Stretched

- Pre-nooner with wife :banana:

- Lunch

- Haircut

- Surfed boreds

- Prepped for halloween

Fock off :banana:

I spend most of my time thinking up creative ways to exterminate my co-workers. Then take some notes before I forget my brainstroms. I am up to Volume 6.

- Worked out

- Stretched

- Pre-nooner with wife :lol:

- Lunch

- Haircut

- Surfed boreds

- Prepped for halloween

:lol:

I spend most of my time thinking up creative ways to exterminate my co-workers. Then take some notes before I forget my brainstroms. I am up to Volume 6.

I like this one the best. :banana: