Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 1-2

Thanks P.A. - my back feels lighter now.

Maybe the guy who took Henry would consider a trade, but judging from what he posted when he took him, I seriously doubt it.

And yes, I did want Henry that badly. Even in a mock draft. I'd like it to be a real mock so I feel like I've gotten something out of it.

Scooter, I'll trade you Harrison for barlow if you want.

a nice offer, but I need RB/RB from the 10 spot. Thanks anyway.

I just spent 3 days on the main forum debating why Barlow was not a top 20 pick for me in any format, and now I have somehow picked him foir this mock. That sort of defeates the purpose of a mock draft to me when I am taking players I absolutely would never take that high.

Henry was the guy I targeted as my 2nd rounder *if* still on the board, because I honestly believe he has 1st round potential - greater than Taylor, actually. And there he was, ripe for my taking and I wasn't given the courtesy of the time to pick him.

Like I said - I wouldn't mind as much if I hadn't just waited from last night to this morning to make my first pick. Where was all the rush when I was sitting there wantning to pick? :thumbsup:

I made BarnabyWilde's 2.9 pick. Now my workday is done (when I'm online constantly) and I'm heading home. I have instructions for 3.4 and will check in again a few times tonight.

I made BarnabyWilde's 2.9 pick. Now my workday is done (when I'm online constantly) and I'm heading home. I have instructions for 3.4 and will check in again a few times tonight.

sounds good. Thanks for being responsible in your duties. :thumbsup:

Also, send a list to Zap if you can't make a pick.

And there he was, ripe for my taking and I wasn't given the courtesy of the time to pick him.

Like I said - I wouldn't mind as much if I hadn't just waited from last night to this morning to make my first pick. Where was all the rush when I was sitting there wantning to pick? :thumbsdown:

First of all, practically everyone of us waited for you for two hours. We were chomping on the bit. You left. I posted a now deleted thread on the topic, and let the whole crew know how long you had after they had waited an hour. I delayed that decision another half hour, and waited another half hour after Grigs showed. Second, the draft didn't officially start until this morning. Anything done prior to that was just a jump start with no "time limits" required. Third, I've been very clear about keeping this moving and the need to send lists. If you had such strong feelings, I'm a sentence and a reply click away. Everybody who has sent a list has received exactly who they asked for, and within ten minutes of the prior pick. Courtesy is not making us wait, when you know exactly who you want, and a half dozen lists have already been used. Sorry, this went bad for you. I to had Henry above Barlow, but I think Barlow is going to be much better than you seem to think. I was also clear about the Staff Consensus being used for time limit proxy. Had you looked at it, you'd have known the Staff has Barlow ahead of Henry.

FF afficianado... does he have a list ready?

I haven't heard a peep from him today. Depending on how many are waiting after PackerAaron picks, we can give him a little less time than we gave scooter. At least scooter was here. Haven't seen FF Aff at all today. May as well keep moving.

I did know that, and I was unable to send any picks to anyone. It was a long weekend and I came in to work with a pile a mile high on my desk.

And because the FFT rankings have Barlow so high, I figured (accuratedly so) that Henry would be available to me. If I'd had the time to email it, I would have but I did not. I did say that i would be in & out today though - I could understand picking for me if I hadn't been here at all, but I told you all I would be busy while at work. That should have bought me a little extra time, IMO.

Whatever - he was available to me at 2.3, so on my personal sheet, I will reflect it as though I drafted Henry. That's the only way i can think of to stay in this and make is useful to me.

But after 3 days of debating against Barlow as a top 20 pick, the fact that I have him on my roster makes me a little bit ill.

Screw it though - I don't want to start contraversy over something that isn't even a real league, but the fact is that I did have to wait since last night to make my first pick, and another 15 minutes would no have killed any of you.

btw - an email would have gotten me immediately, as I don't need to be on FFT to get them. I'd have gotten the notification and taken a break from my meeting had I known you were going to pick for me. If I was here to read the topic, I would have been picking.

FF afficianado... does he have a list ready?

I haven't heard a peep from him today. Depending on how many are waiting after PackerAaron picks, we can give him a little less time than we gave scooter. At least scooter was here. Haven't seen FF Aff at all today. May as well keep moving.

yeah, I'm going to have to leave at 6:30 EST and I'll probably be back around 11. I'll send a list if I have to but I'd rather just make my pick in this next hour.

I will reflect it as though I drafted Henry. That's the only way i can think of to stay in this and make is useful to me.

Attaboy! See, a man can handle things so much better than a woman. I swear a curly would have demanded a do over. :blink:

All you need to do for reference is consider Henry yours. Simple. We keep rolling. No worries. B)

A good attitude is appreciated. :thumbsdown:

What's going to be funny is when Barlow tears it up. :lol:

What's going to be funny is when Barlow tears it up. :thumbsdown:

Then...

football scooter: Like I said, barlow had tremendous upside coming into the season. I actually picked him in a mock feeling as if I had picked up a huge steal in round 2..... :blink:

uhhh, Packer aer you gonna pick?

He may have left even though it shows he's still here. It happens, and MacGregor has explained it. Patience or lists is best for those of you near picking again. I would love to crank out three rounds today. Four would have us on target despite the rough spots.

I'm a Niner fan.

I know Barlow too well.

He hurt his knee two years straight in part time play with a better passing game around him.

Now he's suppossedly bulked up to handle the feature back role, which I think is going to stress his balky knee even more. Plus carrying the full load on a team with a bad passing game...

I just don't see it happening for Barlow. Certainly not a top 15 pick. Not ahead of Henry, who's proven to me he can play tough and through injury.

I'm a Niner fan.

I know Barlow too well.

As soon as I read this it jogged my memory of your opinion of Barlow this season from the main board. I really feel like I had little choice at the time (of your pick). I knew Grigs was all over Henry too.

I'm a Niner fan.

I know Barlow too well.

He hurt his knee two years straight in part time play with a better passing game around him.

Now he's suppossedly bulked up to handle the feature back role, which I think is going to stress his balky knee even more. Plus carrying the full load on a team with a bad passing game...

I just don't see it happening for Barlow. Certainly not a top 15 pick. Not ahead of Henry, who's proven to me he can play tough and through injury.

Hasn't he lost weight? I though he went from 238 to 230 and is working harder.

I'm a Niner fan.

I know Barlow too well.

As soon as I read this it jogged my memory of your opinion of Barlow this season from the main board. I really feel like I had little choice at the time (of your pick). I knew Grigs was all over Henry too.

I understand. I am still not happy about it, but I can deal with it - I don't bear any grudge for it, as that'dbe silly.

I'm not about to demand a "do over" as that'd be more gay than wearing assless chaps while listening to ABBA's greatest hits.

And yeah - on the same forum, I'd been preaching about the virtues of stealing henry in the middle to late 2nd round as a potential top 10 player.

:::sigh:::

Just my luck, I guess.

:thumbsdown:

Hasn't he lost weight? I though he went from 238 to 230 and is working harder.

As I understand it he has put on some more upper body mass.

I am unsure as to whether he actually gained or lost weight as a result, but my gut feeling is that he will not be as good as most experts believe he will. Just a hunch, and the belief that the Niners offense is going to struggle mightily.

Given a back like Jamal Lewis, I would not be as concerned. However, I do not believe Barlow is anything close to Jamal. He's not going to be able to bust through the 8 man fronts like Lewis can, and I don't think he's fast enough to break for long TDs if he does.

who knows though - maybe I'm an idiot and Barlow will be a top 4 RB behind LT2, Holmes & McAllister.

:thumbsdown:

PackerAaron sent a list. My email was slow to receive it? He's down for round 2.

PackerAaron sent a list. My email was slow to receive it? He's down for round 2.

:thumbsdown: I think I'll send my list now. I've figured it out. But I kinda wanna wait until about 3:20 so I can actually type it in myself (don't ask)

Wow. Mac moved up to get Holt? Over Harrison? :thumbsdown:

I didn't consider either of them. I did consider TO though. I have him very high in Philly. It's all his there, and the Eagles put up alot of points at the end of the season. I know 9 out of 10 disagree with me on this one, but that's not unusual. I'm surprised no one's ridiculed my Tiki pick. :ph34r:

Don't want to make fun of the moderator? :blink:

There's too many of you waiting. I'm going to get this going. I want round three done tonight. He should have sent a list or an email explaining his schedule or been here. None of the above equals proxy. Gimme a minute to get FFKing's two picks together from his list, and we'll get four picks out of the way here in the next 30 minutes. Hurry!! FF Aff#@!

Wow. Mac moved up to get Holt? Over Harrison?  :blink:

I would have done the same. I had him next on my list at 2.1 and almost took him. I had them:

EDGE

Marshall

Dillon

Rudi

Holt

Henry

BTW, I am always logged in here at home.

I will be here until 10:30 eastern time. :thumbsdown:

I have to admit, I am a bit shocked that Marshall Faulk is even a first rounder this year...

;)

Couldn't agree more. You have to handcuff him way to early...

(Of course, I DID just take S. Davis, but at least not in the first round...)

I wanted to move up as I saw 4 players I really liked and then a drop-off. The list was Barlow - Holt - Henry - Harrison. Doing it again, I might put Henry above Holt but it didn't matter since he was gone.