Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 1-2

Was very tempted to take several other players there but none presented as much potential as Dominator ! With this I am not set at RB ! Now I can start going after those defensive players :unsure:

80 :banana:

zzzzzzzzzzzz it's a whuile before I pick agaian anyway -- but this is running very slow considering most people are logged in.

oh wel I will come back tonight and see if we made any progress.

zzzzzzzzzzzz it's a whuile before I pick agaian anyway -- but this is running very slow considering most people are logged in.

oh wel I will come back tonight and see if we made any progress.

Good job this morning.

Thanks. :unsure:

FYI everyone, a lot of times I'll come to a page in the forum which indicates I am "here" but then I'll walk away from the computer. I'm sure that is the same for a lot of people especially at work. Also, I've noticed after a while with no action the user session will timeout, so then it looks like the person was here and came back and logged out, when in fact they were not here at all. Just throwing this out here so hopefully people don't get frustrated by a person's non-action when it appears they were available/around.

Football talk: I really like both Edge and Taylor this year. Probably give the nod to Edge but best case scenario might be to draft in the #12 spot with some yahoos who took Barlow and/or Davis in the 1st, plus Moss ahead to grab both Taylor/James at 1.12 and 2.01. If Moss was there in a start 3 WR league I'd have to take him, so overall list would look like: Moss - Edge - Taylor.

Is there trading or in the interest of keeping this moving and the value of the mock info for the site, we'll just skip it?

If trading is allowed, I will say I'd really like to move into one of the next 4 spots, 2.03-2.06.

Is there trading or in the interest of keeping this moving and the value of the mock info for the site, we'll just skip it?

If trading is allowed, I will say I'd really like to move into one of the next 4 spots, 2.03-2.06.

Shoot me an email with what you have in mind (since we're waiting...)

aaronnagler@hotmail.com

Trade away. Negotiate it here. When both confirm, I'll edit the corresponding picks and or players. I'm standing pat with my current picks.

I agree almost completely with MacGregor's football take, edge to Edge if receptions count a point, almost a dead heat, slight edge to Taylor in our scoring here. They're a coin toss, imo. Where I currently disagree is on Moss and Barlow. In a 12 teamer, I think the backs get depleted at a big drop off with the Moss first rounder. I'm not sure I follow his increased value from starting 3 wides? Kevan is gradually moving up my draft board.

I too leave FFToday windows open all the time when I'm not really here, so that is good to understand. Scooter could have been long gone, but still showing as present on the board.

I think trades add a little interest to reviewing a mock.

"Hmmm, this guy moved up three spots just to get x, and was willing to sacrifice y to get him."

I'm hoping you don't jump in front of me! :unsure:

Taylor is going to lose alot more of his GL touches this season to Jones ! They have already stated as much. The best you can hope for from Taylor is 1,500 and 8

EDGE is the everydown back in Indy , Indy has the best offense in the league , he's used even more in passing game ,

How people can say it's a todd up between taylor and Edge is beyond me.

Taylor is going to lose alot more of his GL touches this season to Jones ! They have already stated as much. The best you can hope for from Taylor is 1,500 and 8

EDGE is the everydown back in Indy , Indy has the best offense in the league , he's used even more in passing game ,

And how you can keep saying Indy has the best offense in the league, when Minny had the #1 offense last year, is beyond me... :unsure:

Taylor is going to lose alot more of his GL touches this season to Jones ! They have already stated as much.

Link?

I doubt Jones moves ahead of Toefield.

Taylor is going to lose alot more of his GL touches this season to Jones !  They have already stated as much.

Link?

I doubt Jones moves ahead of Toefield.

Actualy, I wouldn't be suprised to see Jones get the goalline carries, while Toefield is used to rest Taylor some between the 20s...

Just got it and had to counter to even up the picks. Hopefully it is agreeable. I have to run out soon myself.

Taylor is going to lose alot more of his GL touches this season to Jones !  They have already stated as much.  The best you can hope for from Taylor is  1,500 and 8 

And how you can keep saying Indy has the best offense in the league, when Minny had the #1 offense last year, is beyond me... :unsure:

I said that becasue I think they will be this year - I wasn't reffering to last year -- Minny , Indy , and STL are close so it's more a matter of opinion as to the ebst offense anyway.

Just got it and had to counter to even up the picks. Hopefully it is agreeable. I have to run out soon myself.

Sent you an email, but I'llpost it here:

If you change your third pick to 9.03, you've got a deal...

Deal :unsure:

>2.10

>3.03

>9.03

>

>For

>

>2.06

>3.07

>12.06

Deal :unsure:

>2.10

>3.03

>9.03

>

>For

>

>2.06

>3.07

>12.06

Confirmation from both parties required. :banana:

Deal :thumbsup:

Okay, let me finish this proxy, then pick accordingly this round, and I will edit the other rounds.

Of course, the worst part about this trade is that I now have to wait even LONGER to make my pick... :thumbsup:

Hey Aaron, being that you're a Packer Fan, do you live in Wisconsin somewhere? I'm just outside of Milwaukee in Brookfield. Just curious. :thumbsup:

Of course, the worst part about this trade is that I now have to wait even LONGER to make my pick...  :thumbsup:

Hey Aaron, being that you're a Packer Fan, do you live in Wisconsin somewhere? I'm just outside of Milwaukee in Brookfield. Just curious. :thumbsup:

I'm from Appleton. However, I now reside in NYC. (Otherwise known, for the next three months, as Hell On Earth. I hate summer.)

Dated a girl from Brookfield named Kim Kallas when I went to DePaul. Very, very nice. (Girl and town...:thumbsup:)

Of course, the worst part about this trade is that I now have to wait even LONGER to make my pick...  :thumbsup:

I'm from Appleton. However, I now reside in NYC. (Otherwise known, for the next three months, as Hell On Earth. I hate summer.)

Dated a girl from Brookfield named Kim Kallas when I went to DePaul. Very, very nice. (Girl and town...;))

You went to DePaul!! :thumbsup:

I'm a Marquette Alum. Grad school and undergrad. Saw a few great Depaul / Marquette games in my time there.

Those were the days

You went to DePaul!! :thumbsup:

LOL. Don't worry, I left after my second year and went to NCSA. (North Carolina School of the Arts) Those WERE some good games though. My god did we (the artistic set) HATE the basketball players on campus. What a bunch of azzholes...

My god did we (the artistic set) HATE the basketball players on campus. What a bunch of azzholes...

Yeah, Marquette had a lot of those too. I sat in front of Dwayne Wade in a class my Junior year. He was actually a really cool guy. Travis Diener, though, is a pr!ck I hear. I never met him.

You know the draft is going to a good start when Dwayne Wade is being mentioned :thumbsup:

Yeah no doubt. I hope everyday is not like this. I was forced to actually do work today between picks. :thumbsup:

I really really wanted Lewis and Henry from where I started. Oh well, Tiki Barber will probably be on the trading block after round three or four depending on who falls.

I am very upset about that pick. I had to go to a meeting - I thought I had time to make my own damn pick.

I wanted HENRY, not Barlow. If anyone saw my opinions expressed in the main forum, you would all know that I have expressed multiple times that I thought Barlow was totally overrated and would not draft him as a top 20 pick.

I thought I would be able to pick my pick after my meeting. This leaves me a little turned off to this whole thing.

I really can't believe this. I waited 14+ freakin hours before I got to pick, and I don't even get a couple hours to make mine? That's crap.

I am very upset about that pick. I had to go to a meeting - I thought I had time to make my own damn pick.

I wanted HENRY, not Barlow. If anyone saw my opinions expressed in the main forum, you would all know that I have expressed multiple times that I thought Barlow was totally overrated and would not draft him as a top 20 pick.

I thought I would be able to pick my pick after my meeting. This leaves me a little turned off to this whole thing.

I really can't believe this.

Lighten up Francis. It's a Mock. 5 guys waited for you for over an hour and a half. If you wanted Henry that badly, you should have sent a list, as Zap suggested at least a hundred times.

yeah - an hour & 1/2. And I waited since last flippin night to get my 1st pick, so you lighten up.

some of us have careers.

I had no freaking idea who'd be available, and I've been too busy to get that list in.

This is crap. There should be some declared time limit so at least I'll know if I'm about to get shafted. Did I miss that? Was there something that said at 91 minutes I lose my pick? Y'all knew I was around sporadically today because i posted it first thing this morning.

And especially important since it's a mock, because (stick with me here) I would never have taken Barlow at 2.3, EVER. Which means it is a waste me, as it is not representative of a team I would draft.

Grigs, any chance you wanted Barlow? Maybe you could make a trade? :thumbsup:

Can't we all just get along?

Edited: Based on your Round 2 hype, I would guess not.

get off my back, PackerAaron.

I thought this would be a fun exercise where I got to pick my own players for some drafting practice. Silly me.

:thumbsup:

Relax... Barlow can't be THAT bad can he?

Grigs, any chance you wanted Barlow? Maybe you could make a trade? :thumbsup:

Can't we all just get along?

No, I was actually dabbling with the idea of taking Harrison if Henry was gone. I was also dabbling with taking Henry with my first pick.

get off my back, PackerAaron.

I thought this would be a fun exercise where I got to pick my own players for some drafting practice. Silly me.

Just climbed down off your back. Sorry to jump all over you.