Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 6-8

Bulger, my 2nd qb, was purely a value choice. I'll be trading later in the draft. FYI, HTH, FWIW, TIA.

A bunch of YGM that isn't important. I had a brief glitch.

I don't think he's much of a value, to be honest with ya.

I wouldn't trade a bucket of warm spit for Bulger.

:lol:

I'll be here at work another 45 min's or so...then headed home. Maybe I'll get to pick?

If Grigs picks maybe I can get 2 picks in tonight.

I will sheck the board every 1/2 hour

TIA

Bulger's value is evident in the value assigned Holt and Faulk. He carried several teams last year and there's no reason to expect otherwise this year. He went way too low in this mock based on the QB's drafted list, imho.

It's likely you will draft tonight. It's possible for you to draft twice tonight, but less likely.

Grigs has vexed me every night with his absence...

Every night? Both of them?

ok, so I've exaggerated a little bit.

lol

Still a great draft, btw - very fun, and looks like a fairly experienced group of mockers. I feel thankful and fortunate to have been a part of it.

ok, so I've exaggerated a little bit.

lol

Still a great draft, btw - very fun, and looks like a fairly experienced group of mockers. I feel thankful and fortunate to have been a part of it.

ditto :lol:

Yes, I really wanted to do this when this board was left open to the public after the software changeover. It was hard to fill, because my initial post was a little demanding. But in the end, it's given us a quality group, who are ahead of schedule, putting together competitive teams etc. Good deal. Glad the right people joined and put this together. By round 20 we'll all hate each other. :lol:

I couldn't disagree anymore with the picks of Bulluck and Gates. Better players at both positions were available.

The pick of Gates defintaly ends all 'Gates is a sleeper' talk. 7th round! Yikes! The secret's out!

Almost 11pm on the east coast. Almost an hour since Grigs came up. Plenty of mockers ready to go. I think this fits the proxy requirement. I don't want to keep Moz and Blue up too late, but would like to see them pick tonight. I'll give Grigs another 20 minutes if getting this going then will generate another run of picks. So, it depends on responses to the idea. Let me know. You too Blue. :lol:

Man - I'm outta here, headed home. ETA 40 mins. (gots to get me a burrito on the way)

Maybe I'll get to pick later, but I won't hold my breath.

Hrm...if you're going to proxy for him I think that's a great idea. I am ready and waiting for my next pick, and on my way home from work - so he'd get 40 mins total.

In 20 you can pick for him, and if he gets on within another 20 he can change it before I pick.

Sounds pretty fair to me...

Man - I'm outta here, headed home. ETA 40 mins. (gots to get me a burrito on the way)

Maybe I'll get to pick later, but I won't hold my breath.

Hrm...if you're going to proxy for him I think that's a great idea. I am ready and waiting for my next pick, and on my way home from work - so he'd get 40 mins total.

In 20 you can pick for him, and if he gets on within another 20 he can change it before I pick.

Sounds pretty fair to me...

Okay, since scooter follows Grigs, then Grigs has 40 minutes until proxy time. Again, no sense doing this just so scooter can make one measely pick. I'd like to know Moz and Blue are ready to round the corner late night. Otherwise, may as well be patient.

Hey zap, this has been alot of fun man, I appreciate your work.

Me too. :lol:

Blue is poking his head in and Moz said he'd do the same. I have a feeling we may run through some picks in a half hour. Short lists will work again Blue. I know it's getting late.

Eagle, Urlacher has been taken!

You guys all need Draft Buddy :ph34r:

I am computer illiterate. I'ts pretty funny considering I spend every free minute at home on it. I would get the compiler thingy, but I am too afraid I will not be able to work it. I do have about 10 drafts coming up with different scoring systems, so that would be nice. :lol:

I am computer illiterate. I'ts pretty funny considering I spend every free minute at home on it. I would get the compiler thingy, but I am too afraid I will not be able to work it. I do have about 10 drafts coming up with different scoring systems, so that would be nice. :lol:

That's nice. Answer the question. :lol:

And if you have Excel, MacGregor will walk you through Compiler and Buddy. Worth every penny for a junky like you.

Not that I expected to pick again tonight, but I'm out 'til the AM.

That's nice. Answer the question. :lol:

And if you have Excel, MacGregor will walk you through Compiler and Buddy. Worth every penny for a junky like you.

What question? BTW I almost took Charles Rogers over Stallworth. :angry:

Goodnight. Your work here is done for the day, thanks. :lol:

What question? BTW I almost took Charles Rogers over Stallworth. :lol:

Nevermind. Grigs picked. :lol:

Scooter is still a half hour away. You can send me a short list, or wait him out.

I am waiting to pick now....should I be? :lol:

pik95 would buy it for sure if he could come here. Reinstate the original angry face smilie and I'll buy it dammit! :lol:

I am waiting to pick now....should I be? :lol:

Yes, scooter is picking, Moz said he'd be checking in on the half hour. This can come right back to scooter pretty fast.

pik95 would buy it for sure if he could come here. Reinstate the original angry face smilie and I'll buy it dammit! :lol:

:lol: should be a graemlin, Mike.

getting shockey in round 7 is shocking :shocking:

Shockey us again in rd 8.

If Griff starts this is a great pick(obviously) and I had to go with the homer pick of TOM BRADY...QB....of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!

:shocking:

Re: Shockey going this round

One of my black marks for a player is injury status.

Shockey is made of glass. His foot injury/surgery concerns me greatly. In an article I read recently, when asked about the improvement to the bone after the screw is put in, and the doctor responded by saying that it may not do anything to help it.

That's a little too much to ask for me drafting a TE. I mean, it's already a reach for me to take TGonz, Heap or Shockey that high - any TE is too high if it's not the last 4 rounds. But a major injury risk TE in an IDP league? Nah - I'll take D or a 4th RB or 4th WR or 2nd QB before I take shockey in any league this year.

I might look like an idiot later in the year, but not as much as if he reinjures something and I have to kick myself all year for wasting one of my oh-so-valuable round 7-14 picks on him.

I'll tell ya about my "7-14" theory sometime if you want... :banana:

MOZ - GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

you finally did it to me. Lavar was my next pick.

I was sure he'd stay and last round seemed too high to grab him. Doh doh doh.

Nice work Geeks. I'll pick after scooter, clean up the updates and shut this down on my end. If Grigs and others show up and pick, I'll cruise back by around 11pm PST. And we'll do it again tomorrow.