Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 13-15

:angry:

Good work. I can edit that you know?

Um, I just looked at FF Aff's list, and now I have to wait a few more minutes. Sorry, I think Mac sent me a list in case he left for the dentist already, so we'll plod along. I have good reason for giving them a couple minutes right now. It's a Travis Henry type deal thingy.

Why the change?

Decaf issues. Branch was gone in round 10! Doh!

With Barnaby here, I'm picking for Aff now. Mac may be at the dentist. He's showing as present, but hasn't posted in about an hour. I have a list for him too, I believe. It's in the a different email account.

I'm here just waiting on the next pick and making a long list for the rest of the day. Stag party tonight boys! Yee-ha!!! :angry: :angry: :D

I'm here just waiting on the next pick and making a long list for the rest of the day. Stag party tonight boys! Yee-ha!!! :angry: :angry: :D

You are up then!

Reference the current round before picking, thanks, and note that OSmith also doesn't reflect in the reference threads. Will update them in a few.

Ogun is a risk as he may sit out, if he plays all year then he is a steal as the 9th DL taken.

Anthony Thomas is till only a few years removed from ROY honors. Thomas Jones isn't a great RB and Lovie Smith is a defensive minded coach that will want to slow the game down with a pounding RB, Thomas is that guy.

thoughts?

Reference the current round before picking, thanks, and note that OSmith also doesn't reflect in the reference threads. Will update them in a few.

Just make sure you bold my picks, so people know which picks are the best each round :angry:

Ogun is a risk as he may sit out, if he plays all year then he is a steal as the 9th DL taken.

Anthony Thomas is till only a few years removed from ROY honors. Thomas Jones isn't a great RB and Lovie Smith is a defensive minded coach that will want to slow the game down with a pounding RB, Thomas is that guy.

thoughts?

Ogunleye will probably play. This reminds me of the old Leslie Oniel holdouts in many ways. He's in shape, lobbying for fair pay, extending his vacation, etc.

Anthony Thomas is a solid pick at this point. I'm not real impressed with Jones either, and I thought Train played pretty good ball last year given what he was given. He was on my short list for this next pick. A real training camp battle will decide his fate.

Zap, I just sent you two emails to the fftdpatron@yahoo.com address. The first is a list of 24 players which should get me through to round 15 at a minimum. I doubt every player will be taken so it could last a while longer.

The second email is my current GOIDP Mock Draft Buddy (zipped) for you to try out when you get Excel installed. It also has the pick list in it, FYI.

Have to take off. Later boys! Have a great weekend! Will check in when I can, but if I'm not here just go with the list straight away.

thoughts?

Ogunleye will probably play. This reminds me of the old Leslie Oniel holdouts in many ways. He's in shape, lobbying for fair pay, extending his vacation, etc.

Anthony Thomas is a solid pick at this point. I'm not real impressed with Jones either, and I thought Train played pretty good ball last year given what he was given. He was on my short list for this next pick. A real training camp battle will decide his fate.

Don't hold your breathe on Ogun playing in week 1.

Bouve is up...I needed a DE and with Ogunleye sitting there, I thought I 'd better grab him now...

BW... great minds think alike. Last night when I couldn't get in touch with you, I was prepared to pick at 13.04 for you too... my targeted pick was Ogunleye (although I also had a LB and DB in mind, however you were barren at DL).

Again, thanks everyone for letting me partake in this mock for the short time I was here. I'll be checking in from time to time just to see where things are going and to look at the rosters. Some good drafters here and some questionable (IMHO) decisions too.

Welcome back BW.

thoughts?

Bouve, I was going to take A-Train....I cussed you out when you picked him. Douche bag. I don't understand why everyone is so high on Jones and kicks Thomas to the side. I think he'll get his carries. Jones has been somewhat of a disappointment his whole career...Thomas has gotten the job done in chicago IMO, and has really shown no signs of slowing down (although the bears have quite a bit). It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of training camp, but I think Thomas will get a lot of pt. Good pick.

I got all Mac's mail, but I'm missing one Scooter said he sent. I still have his first list, and I "think" there's a player available. At any rate, this looks like a possible slow down for Moz, but he said he'd be back shortly. I'll update after Scooter's list, or before if the list is vultured by now.

How many bench players do we get?

10 at any position (except kicker of course...:angry:)

Ok. So that means I draft 17 offensive players and 8 on defense... :angry:

I got all Mac's mail, but I'm missing one Scooter said he sent. I still have his first list, and I "think" there's a player available. At any rate, this looks like a possible slow down for Moz, but he said he'd be back shortly. I'll update after Scooter's list, or before if the list is vultured by now.

proxy sccoters next pick then cause we should be able to finish off another round within the next little bit.

Bouve -- I think you will be surprised by who indeed is the best LB on the steelers ! Joey Porter is reportedly back to 100% and should be in for a great year after being shot in the ass ! :ph34r:

Nice run! I've got some work to attend to. Blue will either pick before he leaves, or I'll have a list shortly. Moz, this is backatcha in 15-20 minutes, whether Blue picks or not. Scooter is in surgery and his list is done. So, the rest of you may want to take a long Friday lunch, or not??? I cannot be sure.

Round 15 complete today, and you get the weekend off!! :D

proxy sccoters next pick then cause we should be able to finish off another round within the next little bit.

I have some work to take care of, so the next delay will be on me. No more than a half hour. Let's see when Blue checks in, or sends a list.

Stepping away from my desk for a few. :D

Bouve -- I think you will be surprised by who indeed is the best LB on the steelers ! Joey Porter is reportedly back to 100% and should be in for a great year after being shot in the ass ! :ph34r:

time will tell

MOz is back up... good job, Blue. Enjoy the beach. This will come back to you tonight. I'm still busy... will update in 15-20 minutes.

I have 1 player and only 1 player I am looking at. If anyone takes him, beware :ph34r:

Refer to the current rounds and the players list to be sure your pick is available. Grrr... I'm getting very busy.

going under the knife in about an hour.

Zap has my picks - a couple at least...maybe between the mail I sent to his junk mail account & the mail I sent to the email he listed here some will be left. Priority on the ones sent to the mail he listed here.

I'll try to check back around noon....uh, depending on how f-d up I am from the drugs.

wish me luck?

:D :huh: :(

:(

I never received the one he sent to fftdpatron@yahoo...

His other one is depleted.

He did say, he'd be back, but If he just went into outpatient surgery, he'll be at the hospital a good part of the day. I'm going to proxy his pick as soon as I get everything updated. I absolutely have to find a Real Estate Appraiser available today in the next hour too. So, I'm on the phone, doing my best.

Why don't you all discuss his team, his needs, the consensus, and pick a player for scooter, while I take care of this other stuff... Grazi in advance.

going under the knife in about an hour.

Zap has my picks - a couple at least...maybe between the mail I sent to his junk mail account & the mail I sent to the email he listed here some will be left. Priority on the ones sent to the mail he listed here.

I'll try to check back around noon....uh, depending on how f-d up I am from the drugs.

wish me luck?

:D  :huh:  :(

I never received the one he sent to fftdpatron@yahoo...

His other one is depleted.

He did say, he'd be back, but If he just went into outpatient surgery, he'll be at the hospital a good part of the day. I'm going to proxy his pick as soon as I get everything updated. I absolutely have to find a Real Estate Appraiser available today in the next hour too. So, I'm on the phone, doing my best.

Why don't you all discuss his team, his needs, the consensus, and pick a player for scooter, while I take care of this other stuff... Grazi in advance.

I'd definitely think he should fill a hole on offense. Back up QB, maybe his TE, or depth at RB/WR. Anyone have anything more specific in mind?

:D

I see we're all in agreement here.

Fargas

Sapp

Freddie

His most recent list was developing D, and he's done that. He did want Boo at TE when I took him. I would suggest the back or TE, but who knows how anyone ranks TEs???

I'll take it from here. I've updated the players by position, rosters are next, and scooter gets a TE.