Sign in to follow this  
jvizzini

Madden 08 Cover Poll

MADDEN!!!! 2007!!!!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who will grace the Madden cover next year?

• LT2
    • Vince Young
    • Peyton Manning
    • LJ
    • Holt
    • Chad Johnson
    • Reggie Bush
    • None of the above

I hope its a cover with a big ? so LT doensn't get the voodoo jinx! Don't do it Madden, he's only a boy!

Guest JahRasta311

It won't be LT, I guarantee it....and it's LT...not LT2, there's no 2 in his name anywhere.

It won't be LT, I guarantee it....and it's LT...not LT2, there's no 2 in his name anywhere.

how can you "guarantee it"

Drew Brees

I thought of putting him in the poll but I dont think he is flashy enough...reggie bush would get it before him...

It is LT2. LT is and always will be Lawrence Taylor. Have you ever heard of Presidents "Bush 41" and Bush 43" They do not have numbers in their name either.

I think it will be LT2... would anyone here not draft him in the first round? how old is the Madden curse... 5 years old?

Drew Brees

Not with that growth on the side of his face.

I see him and I think... "Start the reactor, Quaid". :lol:

Not with that growth on the side of his face.

I see him and I think... "Start the reactor, Quaid". :dunno:

Did I catch a Total Recall quote in there? :lol:

It won't be Brees, and while we're on the subject, it won't be Manning either. The Madden cover athlete will be black, no question in my mind. It has to do with demographics, same with the kind of music that ends up in Madden.

It won't be Brees, and while we're on the subject, it won't be Manning either. The Madden cover athlete will be black, no question in my mind. It has to do with demographics, same with the kind of music that ends up in Madden.

Since 1999 when it was started

Barry Sanders

Eddie George

Daunte Culpepper

Marshall Faulk

Michael Vick

Ray Lewis

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

They have all been black, but you will get flamed for your post and called a racist..... not by me though.

I had an argument with my friends at the bar a few weeks ago when they all said LT would automatically be the guy on the cover of Madden.... And I said It wouldn't shock me if it was Bush since it's all about marketing.... They all laughed at me like I was insane.... so of course I dropped a bet with them giving them LT and I took Reggie..... He's the most exciting player to come into the league in a long time... why not him ? With the Saints being such a surprise team and with "America" behind them as the Cinderella story I still think it will be Bush....

I'm curious to see if anyone actually turns down the cover, because the Madden Jinx thing is pretty well known now... Anyway I know Chad Johnson loves the spot light so I'll be dreading if he gets the cover (Palmer and Chad the heart of my IDP Dynasty League)

Oh well Time will Tell.....

Barry Sanders

Eddie George

Daunte Culpepper

Marshall Faulk

Michael Vick

Ray Lewis

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

They have all been black, but you will get flamed for your post and called a racist..... not by me though.

Then I nominate Brad Johnson as the next logical selection. He's totally got street cred with urban youth...

Barry Sanders

Eddie George

Daunte Culpepper

Marshall Faulk

Michael Vick

Ray Lewis

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

That surprises me since blacks only comprise about 15% of the population. But I guess the marketing guys think that the cover matters more to black kids than whites. If I was black I'd be a little pissed off that they would think I would be that exploitable.

I thought LT2 said he didn't want to be on the cover. I don't know where I heard it, but I'm fairly sure I did somewhere. I don't know if he's a superstitious man, but he sure as hell isn't a flashy "look-at-me!" type. I could see him not wanting the cover.

If Vince Young finishes strong and wins ROY, then I think he'll be on it. If not, then Reggie.

I thought LT2 said he didn't want to be on the cover. I don't know where I heard it, but I'm fairly sure I did somewhere. I don't know if he's a superstitious man, but he sure as hell isn't a flashy "look-at-me!" type. I could see him not wanting the cover.

I've read something similar but I don't remember where. He didn't make any mention of the curse being a factor but he did say he wasn't interested.

There is only 1 LT and its not tomlinson he is LT2

brian urlacher

i second that. he is about to win his second consecutive def player of the year

There is only 1 LT and its not tomlinson he is LT2

i second that. he is about to win his second consecutive def player of the year

I am tired of hearing..."It's not LT, it's LT2"

WHO GIVES A FOCK!??!

This might sound crazy, especially seeing it's never been done, but you know how the Saints are this years miracle team cause of how good they are and how much they overcame..., so...do you think it's possible they throw either the whole saints team on the cover or at least a few players such as Bush/Brees/Horn etc...?

Just a though! Cause if they really want to market, I'm sure that would be pretty logical, especially if the Saints make it deep in the playoffs or possibly the S.B.

This might sound crazy, especially seeing it's never been done, but you know how the Saints are this years miracle team cause of how good they are and how much they overcame..., so...do you think it's possible they throw either the whole saints team on the cover or at least a few players such as Bush/Brees/Horn etc...?

Just a though! Cause if they really want to market, I'm sure that would be pretty logical, especially if the Saints make it deep in the playoffs or possibly the S.B.

:doublethumbsup: that would be cool :banana:

There is no possible way to jinx an entire team. Especially one from New Orleans.

Mike Vanderjagt.

Put a kicker on there - he'll get to stand in the spotlight like he wants to and no one will complain when he mysteriously breaks nine toes getting thrown out of a bar near Indy two weeks before the start of next season.

I don't think it'll be a RB again this year. Urlacher is a good bet, although it depends on what kind of new feature they want to sell (which position is relevant to that feature).

Depends how they tweak the game. If it goes for a defensive tweak then urlacher...offensive...maybe the saitns

hell it should just be madden on there as i think sometime soon he is done with the game...as in his name wont be with it anymore.

I think it'd be Peyton. As of now who is the most marketed player in the NFL? All of those commercials you see Peyton in. Next I'd have to say Chad Johnson

On behalf of all the Saints fans. I'm begging that none of the Saints' players are on the cover. Although if they are I can imagine the business the voodoo priestess on bourbon street will get.

I can't wait to see the playoff game in the Superdome. It was mindblowing when they reopened against Atlanta, I can only imagine what it will be like in the playoffs.

That surprises me since blacks only comprise about 15% of the population. But I guess the marketing guys think that the cover matters more to black kids than whites. If I was black I'd be a little pissed off that they would think I would be that exploitable.

Urban areas are where most of the trends come from and kids in the suburbs will buy it. Go to your local high school and look for yourself. Believe me, they're not just advertising to black kids.

This won't happen. Our culture idolizes the individual and advertisers are well aware of that. Team unity doesn't make money.

I'd have to guess either Reggie Bush or Vince Young.

I'm saying it's NOT going to be: LT, L. Johnson, Bush or Manning.

I'm going with:

T. Owens :thumbsup:

No way. He had his mug on the cover of the competition. When that sort of thing was allowed. I don't see EA using a 'retread'.

It really depends on the end of the season. If the Saints finish strong (at least 1 playoff win) than it could be Brees or Bush. If Manning wins his first Super Bowl, than it is automatic...Manning gets it.

At this point its LT2 by a long shot. The main reason Shaun Alexander got it last year is because he broke the TD record. Using that same logic (and the fact that LT2 is probably going to break the record by alot) it's LT2 no doubt.

But how a player finishes the season is key to this discussion, so it is probably too early to discuss this.