Sign in to follow this  
piece of work

How many road teams win this weekend?

tj: The Pats played SD last year not this year but that exposure will definately help BB prepare and validates your point.

Ah. Ya I assumed when football_scooter said they shellacked them in week 4 that he was talking about this year. The Pats are a better team this year than last year, and yeah, Marty should be afraid to see this team for a second time, although I guess New England hasn't seen Rivers yet.

Ah. Ya I assumed when football_scooter said they shellacked them in week 4 that he was talking about this year. The Pats are a better team this year than last year, and yeah, Marty should be afraid to see this team for a second time, although I guess New England hasn't seen Rivers yet.

No, I was referring to the same thing Sho Nuff was referring to.

And I think the Pats are far worse than they were last year. They lost Harrison, they lost Seau (both were integral parts of the defense) and they went from Deion "Superbowl MVP" Branch to Reche Caldwell. That's an upgrade? :pointstosky:

Please elaborate on how exactly the Pats are a better team this year than they were last year - I'm really curious as to how you can make that statement.

And I think the Pats are far worse than they were last year. They lost Harrison, they lost Seau (both were integral parts of the defense) and they went from Deion "Superbowl MVP" Branch to Reche Caldwell. That's an upgrade? :pointstosky:

Please elaborate on how exactly the Pats are a better team this year than they were last year - I'm really curious as to how you can make that statement.

LAURENCE MARONEY is a pretty good start....

footbal_scooter,

Harrison was out with a knee injury last year. Bruschi was just coming back from his heart issue! Hobbs and Samuel have become excellent corners while learning on the job due to a decimated secondary last year. Our Dline has improved to one of the best in the NFL with Warren's second year and Wolfolks continued improvement at the nose. Tully Banta-Cain has come around to be a very good OLB. The Pats defense is definately better this year than last.

The offense was one demensional last year and although we are weaker at wr, we now have a legitimate run game thanks to Maroney/Dillon. Branch has not done well with Seatlle and outcasts like Caldwell and Gaffney succeed with the Pats. Hmmmm? Its because of Brady and the Pats scheme and structure.

The Pats are without a doubt, a better team. Are they better than San Diego? I think not. Can the Pats win? I for one say yes!

Guest JahRasta311

one player, one player that will get shut down on sunday....

JahRasta311,

You are entitled to your opinion as am I. But, from my experience, the only obvious when it comes to the NFL is: ANYONE CAN WIN! I would not be suprised if all the dogs won. It is a competetive weekend. I can appreciate your confidence as your team deserves to be favored but the Pats superbowl win over the Rams was a real upset. A win over the Chargers is a very small upset.

hahaha, you're comparing us to the rams? please. :lol:

JahRasta311,

I am not sure where your going with your team comparison remark. My point was the Pats were 14 point underdogs to the Rams yet found a way to win and you seem to think (if I'm correct) that the 4 1/2 to 5 point spread the Chargers have over the Pats is a greater achievement for the Pats to overcome since they will obviously (in your words) beat the Patriots. I try not to be arrogant with my analysis. I maybe biased and admit it. The opportunity for a Patriots victory is certainly plausible and if you don't see it as a possiblity then you must be related to Nostradamus!

And I think the Pats are far worse than they were last year. They lost Harrison, they lost Seau (both were integral parts of the defense) and they went from Deion "Superbowl MVP" Branch to Reche Caldwell. That's an upgrade? :dunno:

That's easy.

This year the Pats scored 385 points, allowed 237, and won 12 games.

Last year the Pats scored 379 points, allowed 338, and won 10 games.

Also, what whitewolf said. :ninja:

Guest JahRasta311

JahRasta311,

I am not sure where your going with your team comparison remark. My point was the Pats were 14 point underdogs to the Rams yet found a way to win and you seem to think (if I'm correct) that the 4 1/2 to 5 point spread the Chargers have over the Pats is a greater achievement for the Pats to overcome since they will obviously (in your words) beat the Patriots. I try not to be arrogant with my analysis. I maybe biased and admit it. The opportunity for a Patriots victory is certainly plausible and if you don't see it as a possiblity then you must be related to Nostradamus!

oh so now we're going by the spread? i can't keep track with you guys.

oh so now we're going by the spread? i can't keep track with you guys.

Apparently you cannot follow the trend of conversation and see the anology I was providing so; I'll end it by saying your a loyal charger fan and we'll see what happens on sunday. The End!

Guest JahRasta311

Apparently you cannot follow the trend of conversation and see the anology I was providing so; I'll end it by saying your a loyal charger fan and we'll see what happens on sunday. The End!

i understand it, but you're comparing vegas lines from 4 years ago to determine that the Rams were a tougher opponent. i just don't understand where you people come up with this ######...you'll use any little thing to deny the simple truth that in this year, right now, SD is the better team.

oh really, what did the pats finish at this season? 14-2? oh...no?

Seriously now you're going to count Diego's 2 games against the Raiders as wins,gimmes is more like it.

Guest JahRasta311

Seriously now you're going to count Diego's 2 games against the Raiders as wins,gimmes is more like it.

oh yea, what about the 6 games against buffalo, miami, and nyj that new england got to play...those were gimmes, are you gonna count all those as wins? oh wait they lost 2 of those games. :dunno:

footbal_scooter,

Harrison was out with a knee injury last year. Bruschi was just coming back from his heart issue! Hobbs and Samuel have become excellent corners while learning on the job due to a decimated secondary last year. Our Dline has improved to one of the best in the NFL with Warren's second year and Wolfolks continued improvement at the nose. Tully Banta-Cain has come around to be a very good OLB. The Pats defense is definately better this year than last.

The offense was one demensional last year and although we are weaker at wr, we now have a legitimate run game thanks to Maroney/Dillon. Branch has not done well with Seatlle and outcasts like Caldwell and Gaffney succeed with the Pats. Hmmmm? Its because of Brady and the Pats scheme and structure.

The Pats are without a doubt, a better team. Are they better than San Diego? I think not. Can the Pats win? I for one say yes!

Tell me, what position do you play?

The bolded parts say all that needs saying with regards to your (homer) opinion on this subject. :lol:

As for Bruschi, I thought he had a brain annurism. :wall:

By the way, unlike what I've read of Jah quoted in y'all's responses, I do think the Pats have a chance to win.

I don't think they will, but they definately have a chance. :lol:

oh yea, what about the 6 games against buffalo, miami, and nyj that new england got to play...those were gimmes, are you gonna count all those as wins? oh wait they lost 2 of those games. :lol:

I'm not counting anything just pointing out that Diego like the Pats have also had their moments this season,don't forget you're mighty Chargers lost to a 9-7 KC team that looked like shiot last weekend.

As a long time KC fan I've been down the road you're on many times with Marty.Personally,I'm more than okay if he finally gets his,if for nothing else just so he can flip Carl Peterson a nice big fock you.

In retort to sho nuff's week 4 2005 game: The Chargers caought the Pats at a time they were beaten up pretty bad with injuries and as you stated it was a regular season game. LT cannot be stopped but can be minimized in impact. The whole game revolves around that very issue. I believe the Pats can slow him down enough to force Rivers to win the game. He may be able to do it, but that is the Pats best chance for victory. If the Pats cannot effectively slow LT then it won't be close. Baltimore, San Fran, Tennesee and a few other games LT was kept under control.

I believe the Pats can slow him down and it will be a competitive and entertaining game. I am biased for the Pats but, BB and Brady have come through so consistently, I find it hard not to believe in them!

Balt he had 100 yards and Marty was sleeping on O

SF I think he had 4 td's

Tennesee he didnt even play the 2nd half.

I guess thats keeping him under control?

one player, one player that will get shut down on sunday....

hahaha, you're comparing us to the rams? please. :huh:

Just like they shut down tatum bell who torched them for 127 at sdiego wk 12.....???? ;)

Sho Nuff,

As misfortune would have it, Harrison was hurt for the week 4 game also along with Bruschi and others. The regular season games are planned for but players respond differently when its all on the line. The Pats will miss Harrison but are otherwise in good health and will perform much better than last year IMHO.

And as players respond differently so would the Chargers IMO.

So he plays defense? He will help stop LT?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to four potentially great games. As for road teams winning:

Chicago over Seattle

New Orleans over Philly

SD over NE

Baltimore over Indy

I guess that's zero, but I think Philly and NE have the best shots at upsets. Manning always has trouble with good pass rushes, and I think the Bears are too strong for Seattle - the Seahawks putting up only 21 points at home against a rotten defence doesn't do much for my confidence. The other two games look like they could go any number of ways.

That being said, I'll probably go 0-4 on my predictions. :dunno:

Guest JahRasta311

Just like they shut down tatum bell who torched them for 127 at sdiego wk 12.....???? :mad:

thank you for this, i needed a laugh :lol:

That was week 14 he gained 116 and last time i recall we won that game 48-20.. :dunno:

3 out of 4 dogs will win this week.

Pats, Philly & Seahawks

Thats an awfully big stance right there considering the historical stats in this round of the playoffs.

Just like they shut down tatum bell who torched them for 127 at sdiego wk 12.....???? :mad:

Torched?

Denver's longest drive in the first half went 59 yards for a FG.

Two 3 and outs...

An 8 play 32 yard drive and a punt

A 7 play 32 yard drive and a punt.

Oh...and down 28-3 at the half.

I would not call that torching much of anything.

Basically he had the one big 51 yard run...and not much else.

3 out of 4 dogs will win this week.

Pats, Philly & Seahawks

puff puff pass, Skinny. don't bogart that joint to your head, man. There's others here who want to get high too.

just saying....

Oh, then you might want to look into that whole credibility thing, what with your boy Vick and all.

:dunno:

thank you for this, i needed a laugh :D

That was week 14 he gained 116 and last time i recall we won that game 48-20.. :cheers:

Your high and mighty bolts still gave up 116 to Tinker Bell.....and thanks for letting me know it was wk 14 instead of wk 12 like that makes any difference A$$hat.

maroney/dillion will have some sucess against your def......pow

thank you for this, i needed a laugh :lol:

That was week 14 he gained 116 and last time i recall we won that game 48-20.. :wub:

I also got a laugh out of your "WE" comment. We won the game.....LOL.

Did you wrap your ankles and wear black lines under your eyes..... :headbanger:

Your high and mighty bolts still gave up 116 to Tinker Bell.....and thanks for letting me know it was wk 14 instead of wk 12 like that makes any difference A$$hat.

maroney/dillion will have some sucess against your def......pow

Did you wrap your ankles and wear black lines under your eyes..... :pointstosky:

I see . . . so you're an "all yards are equal" kinda guy. I guess if I'm cheering on a team that wins 48-20, and is 28-3 at halftime, and then the opponent decides to run, and put up a generally impressive rushing number against my team, I'm pretty okay with that.

By your logic, you'll be happy with the same kind of success from Maroney/Dillon - 100+ yards and 48-20 beatdown. Congratulations. I guess if that's "success" . . .

Tell me, what position do you play?

The bolded parts say all that needs saying with regards to your (homer) opinion on this subject. :ninja:

As for Bruschi, I thought he had a brain annurism. :sleep:

By the way, unlike what I've read of Jah quoted in y'all's responses, I do think the Pats have a chance to win.

I don't think they will, but they definately have a chance. :sleep:

Hey Scooter,

The doctors feel it was a blood clot that traveled through a small hole in his heart causing a stroke. Anyway; My position is a verbally and emotionally based fan. I don't hit anyone, pass the ball or catch it but do have my moments of value such as scream like hell when Manning trys to call a play at Gillette.Yes, I'm a homer and don't try to deny it. I do try to be objective and at times that is difficult. I know the game will be very tough for the Pats to pull out but it should be a good game none-the-less. :pointstosky:

Anyway; My position is a verbally and emotionally based fan. I don't hit anyone, pass the ball or catch it but do have my moments of value such as scream like hell when Manning trys to call a play at Gillette.Yes, I'm a homer and don't try to deny it. I do try to be objective and at times that is difficult. I know the game will be very tough for the Pats to pull out but it should be a good game none-the-less. :huh:

agreed - I think it has the potential to be the best game of the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.

That & the NO/PHI game are going to be fantastic.

Actually all the games should be entertaining - I'm dying to see how PManning does in Balt. :P

I see . . . so you're an "all yards are equal" kinda guy. I guess if I'm cheering on a team that wins 48-20, and is 28-3 at halftime, and then the opponent decides to run, and put up a generally impressive rushing number against my team, I'm pretty okay with that.

By your logic, you'll be happy with the same kind of success from Maroney/Dillon - 100+ yards and 48-20 beatdown. Congratulations. I guess if that's "success" . . .

The 48-20 game was vs a ROOKIE QB named Cutler.......It might be a little different vs TOM BRADY einstein.

the chargers have to play the pass and run this wk goofball.

Did you wrap your ankles and wear black lines under your eyes..... :D

Not directing this at you per se pow, but why do people go this route when a fan says "we" in respect to the team they support? First of all, it's an expression get over it. Second, the fans play a big part in the whole of the team. They help pay the salaries of the players by buying tickets and merchandise. They help with crowd noise at the stadium. They also are still there supporting the team when the players have long since moved-on. A lot of time, the "team" is more the fans team than the players team. The players are hired help (except for those that become lifelong associates of the team). The expression 12th man is around for a damn good reason.

I just don't get what is wrong with saying "we". :dunno:

Indy beats balt............better qb

Pats beat bolts............better qb

eagles beat saints........better team

hawks lose vs bears.....

I agree with the first 2, but the Saints are better than the Eagles and will win.

Not directing this at you per se pow, but why do people go this route when a fan says "we" in respect to the team they support? First of all, it's an expression get over it. Second, the fans play a big part in the whole of the team. They help pay the salaries of the players by buying tickets and merchandise. They help with crowd noise at the stadium. They also are still there supporting the team when the players have long since moved-on. A lot of time, the "team" is more the fans team than the players team. The players are hired help (except for those that become lifelong associates of the team). The expression 12th man is around for a damn good reason.

I just don't get what is wrong with saying "we". :dunno:

Nothing is wrong with saying "we".....am i agree with some of what your saying.

I just get a kick out of people saying we because sometimes they get a little to caught up in there own world of thinking they are part of the team. Calling plays, critical of coaches, "Well I would have done this" pure hindsight. When someone uses "We" it is ok........But will always make me laugh!!! :doublethumbsup:

Indy beats Baltimore - I think Indy D is good enough to shut down Jamal Lewis/Steve McNair because the Baltimore receivers just aren't very good. Meanwhile, I've seen Manning pwn the Baltimore D before, and believe he can do it again.

San Diego beats NE - itsatip that those Chargers are WAY better than the Jets, and the Jets came close to beating the Pats)

Saints beat Philly - philly's D is took a major hit losing Shepard, and NO is pretty fresh. NO was one of the best passing teams in the NFL, and losing your best DB isn't going to do the Eagles any favors.

Chicago beats Seattle - I just don't see the fire in Seattle. They were one bad snap from losing to the Cowboys. Of course this is a coin flip, given the schitzo nature of the Chicago offense. If Grossman shows up, Chicago wins this game easily.

Result: 1 road team wins.

2:2 so far - what do I win? :lol:

oh yea, what about the 6 games against buffalo, miami, and nyj that new england got to play...those were gimmes, are you gonna count all those as wins? oh wait they lost 2 of those games. :dunno:

Like I tried to tell you,as a KC fan I've already traveled the road with Marty you're on now. :o

:doublethumbsup:

Indy beats balt............better qb

Pats beat bolts............better qb

eagles beat saints........better team

hawks lose vs bears.....

well......i tried..........indy :doublethumbsup: , pats :doublethumbsup:

eagles......lost sorry everyone

hawks lose vs bears.........3 out of 4......just missed the eagles...... :dunno: