Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

SB MVP Odds

Grabbed this from a post at Footballguys ...

Peyton Manning +120

Rex Grossman +500

Joseph Addai +1000

Dominic Rhodes +1500

Cedric Benson +1500

Thomas Jones +1000

Marvin Harrison +1200

Reggie Wayne +1500

Bernard Berrian +1500

Muhsin Muhammad +2000

Dallas Clark +2000

Robbie Gould +3000

Adam Vinatieri +2000

Bob Sanders +3000

Brian Urlacher +2000

Lance Briggs +2500

Devin Hester +2500

Field (All Others) +800

These numbers are based on a $100 wager. For example, if you think Urlacher will be the MVP, you risk $100 to make $2000. If you think Manning will be the MVP, you risk $100 to win $120... you risk $200 to win $240, etc.

Hester and Urlacher look like nice odds. Manning, not worth the trouble.

Wonder what kind of odds I would get for Bryan Fletcher? Is Ricky Proehl playing....he has scored a TD in every Super Bowl he's ever played in.

Not bad odds on Harrison or Wayne either...though a bit harder for one of them to win without Manning looking great....

i don't gamble, but the kicker odds also look intriguing.

but, yeah, if i had to pick one off that list...hester would be my play.

i don't gamble, but the kicker odds also look intriguing.

but, yeah, if i had to pick one off that list...hester would be my play.

Totally agree - If Hobbs was able to average nearly 40 yards per return, watch out for Hester!!! :thumbsup:

Given that Urlacher will be in coverage all day, he will need two picks in a tight game to win it, IMO. I would pass on him. Looking at what Jones did in the NFC C, he gets a 100 from me. So does the field (Anderson, Ogunleye). Clark is a nice bet based on the AFC C. Manning isn't worth the risk and the WRs don't win it without the QB so all of them are out.

It will be a Colt - if that helps. :D

Not bad odds on Harrison or Wayne either...though a bit harder for one of them to win without Manning looking great....

Given that Urlacher will be in coverage all day, he will need two picks in a tight game to win it, IMO. I would pass on him. Looking at what Jones did in the NFC C, he gets a 100 from me. So does the field (Anderson, Ogunleye). Clark is a nice bet based on the AFC C. Manning isn't worth the risk and the WRs don't win it without the QB so all of them are out.

I like the Jones bet as well.

As for the WR's winning and nto Manning... I'd say the same could easily have been said about Branch and Brady.

Bernard Berrian might be a decent pick. He could get a couple long TDs and end up with some pretty huge stats.

Or he could do nothing at all.

Love the odds on Hester. One big return and he's right in the mix.

Yup and Indy wasn't stopping anyone last week in the return game. I think the gamble is so high because I wouldn't expect Indy to kick to him... ever. Let Grossman start on the 40 every time.

If Lovie Smith gets his head out of his @ss, Thomas Jones will be the MVP. Benson isn't even close to the back that TJ is. He'll tear up the indy D, put in a few TDs, and get the MVP.

Do you think the NFL will let the face of their league walk off that field without the MVP award ? Someone is going to have to have a HUGE game to wrestle that award away from Manning if the Colts win.....

I'll drop a little something on Thomas Jones though.... like his odds.... If the Bears do win that game I think he'll be the reason...

SB MVP = Marvin Harrison

Hasn't done squat so far in the playoffs and will go off against the soft Bears pass D. 140 +2 TDs.

if manning goes for 300 and 2 scores, the MVP is his.

Out of 40 MVPs

20 QBs

7 RBs

5 WRs

3 DBs

2 DL (2 were co MVPs of Super Bowl XII I counted that as 1)

2 LBs

1 KR

I'd say Manning is a lock if the Colts win and it's either Grossman or Thomas Jones if the Bears win.