Sign in to follow this  
JimyKrackedKorn

Norv Turner - SD Chargers HC

:bandana: I dunno. I guess it's fine.

Not if you're Alex Smith or Frank Gore.

or football scooter :banana:

i hope someone has him on suicide watch.

and here i thought norv coached in the football utopia of sf and that he'd never ever never want to leave such a sweet gig for anything or anyone.... :bandana: :pointstosky:

As a Seahawk fan this is sweet news indeed. Smith's progress will definitley be stunted now :thumbsup:

or football scooter :banana:

i hope someone has him on suicide watch.

and here i thought norv coached in the football utopia of sf and that he'd never ever never want to leave such a sweet gig for anything or anyone.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually, if you knew how to read you'd see that I said I expected him to be the favorite for the sweet job in San Diego, and that I couldn't blame him for that since it was such a prime position.

What I said was that I couldn't see him leaving SF for Dallas, you illiterate fock. And he didn't.

Go on and try to rub more things I didn't say in my face though - just shows everyone why no one likes you here. Have fun with your 3-13 team in 2007....again.

Actually, if you knew how to read you'd see that I said I expected him to be the favorite for the sweet job in San Diego, and that I couldn't blame him for that since it was such a prime position.

What I said was that I couldn't see him leaving SF for Dallas, you illiterate fock. And he didn't.

Go on and try to rub more things I didn't say in my face though - just shows everyone why no one likes you here. Have fun with your 3-13 team in 2007....again.

*sigh* just as i expected: you're taking it pretty hard :dunno:

As a Seahawk fan this is sweet news indeed. Smith's progress will definitley be stunted now :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

right - because there couldn't possible be anyone in the NFL as good or better than Turner that the Niners could get.

Automatically a downgrade before you even know who the new OC will be. Right.

<_<

*sigh* just as i expected: you're taking it pretty hard :(

Actually, no - I knew the second the job opened that Turner was leaving. Check the posts numbnuts. I thought this was a foregone conclusion based on Turner's competition for the job and based on how great of a coaching gig it was.

Think he's happy he didn't take the Dallas job? I sure do.

Anyway, I'm fine with it - I took it hard the minute Marty got canned because I know this was going to happen and even posted as much.

And again: the Niners will still be a more watchable, more competitive product than the craptastic Lions. How sad is it that with the 1st round pick 3 or 4 years of the last 5 your team still sucks balls with no upside in sight? Why, I bet it makes it so you have to rip on coaching changes with other people's teams because you can't say anything about your own without crying, lying or being proven wrong. :dunno:

As for talking about the coaching or management of other teams, who's your GM again? How's that working out for ya? :dunno:

:rolleyes:

right - because there couldn't possible be anyone in the NFL as good or better than Turner that the Niners could get.

:thumbsup:

Actually, no - I knew the second the job opened that Turner was leaving. Check the posts numbnuts. I thought this was a foregone conclusion based on Turner's competition for the job and based on how great of a coaching gig it was.

Think he's happy he didn't take the Dallas job? I sure do.

Anyway, I'm fine with it - I took it hard the minute Marty got canned because I know this was going to happen and even posted as much.

And again: the Niners will still be a more watchable, more competitive product than the craptastic Lions. How sad is it that with the 1st round pick 3 or 4 years of the last 5 your team still sucks balls with no upside in sight? Why, I bet it makes it so you have to rip on coaching changes with other people's teams because you can't say anything about your own without crying, lying or being proven wrong. <_<

As for talking about the coaching or management of other teams, who's your GM again? How's that working out for ya? :dunno:

there may be others in the nfl better than norv as an oc, but there is no sideways hiring allowed in the nfl. that, coupled with this late date, suggests the 49ers are going to have to promote an unproven person to the oc spot (a qb coach or a wr coach or something along those lines).

the other stuff here about the lions? knock yourself out. i'd suggest, though, that you focus your responses and keep it to what's relevant--in this case norv and his departure in sf and/or is his arrival in sd.

the other stuff here about the lions? knock yourself out. i'd suggest, though, that you focus your responses and keep it to what's relevant--in this case norv and his departure in sf and/or is his arrival in sd.

Ah - so you don't like it when irrelevant things are said about your lions, but when it's you taking my comments from when Turner was interviewing with the Cowboys out of context and applying them to when Turner was interviewing for the Chargers, that's all cool?

Irony: catch it!

:lol:

:lol:

Trent Dilfer, discussing the possibility of Turner leaving and the impact it would have on the SF offense, used the word---drumroll-- DEVASTING!!!

Good news for the Seahawks :thumbsup:

Trent Dilfer, discussing the possibility of Turner leaving and the impact it would have on the SF offense, used the word---drumroll-- DEVASTING!!!

Good news for the Seahawks B)

Actually, it was what Gore said.

I dunno - we'll see who they get to replace him. Marriucci? :thumbsdown: He's not a bad OC candidate, just wouldn't want him as a HC. He's good with young QBs...just loves the RBBC. :wacko:

Sullivan will most likely be promoted. I wouldn't be surprised to see interviews with Mooch or Dennis Green, however. I'm so angry about this. I don't blame Norv at all, but I could seriously just hit the next five people I see and still not be content. LT is going to be even more of a monster next year....

Ah - so you don't like it when irrelevant things are said about your lions, but when it's you taking my comments from when Turner was interviewing with the Cowboys out of context and applying them to when Turner was interviewing for the Chargers, that's all cool?

Irony: catch it!

:D

actually, i don't care if you throw in things about the lions. just pointing out the obvious.

but i've got the popcorn, knock yourself out. let's hear it :shocking:

and while you don't think the cowboy gig was worthy of norv, that (again) is just your silly homerism and hate: the cowboy gig is one of the top marquee gigs in all of football. again, just saying, as i could care less about the cowboys.

I think we need to clear up one thing on Norv and the Dallas job here. NO, he didn't take the job. WHY? He wasn't offered the job. He interviewed, but from what I understand is that Jerry Jones wasn't sold on Norv's approach with the 3-4 defense, thus led to the hiring of Wade Phillips.

That, and the fact that Jason Garrett was already on board, pretty much eliminated Norv from the Dallas HC position.

All that said, I hope he does well in San Diego. He's certainly got the tools to do it.

Actually, it was what Gore said.

I dunno - we'll see who they get to replace him. Marriucci? :thumbsup: He's not a bad OC candidate, just wouldn't want him as a HC. He's good with young QBs...just loves the RBBC. :thumbsup:

Mariucci would be a good hire at this late date. Not a whole lot left...

Mariucci would be a good hire at this late date. Not a whole lot left...

be careful what you wish for: mooch ran walsh's west coast offense of 1982 in detroit--without any modifications, wrinkles, or twists. it got so bad opposing teams were laughing in the huddle and calling out detroit's plays before the offense broke the huddle. i'm not exaggerating.

I was disappointed that Turner left SF for the Chargers. I have to admit I think he's a better offensive coordinator than he is a head coach although he didn't have a lot of talent to work with in Washington and Oakland and their organizations were and still are terrible. The Charger organization is still dysfunctional but certainly better than anything he had before. That said, Turner is very familar with LT and can tutor Rivers as well so all in all, it's a decent hiring.

I wish Norv the best and hopefully the 49ers can find a good coordinator to continue to develop Alex Smith.

be careful what you wish for: mooch ran walsh's west coast offense of 1982 in detroit--without any modifications, wrinkles, or twists. it got so bad opposing teams were laughing in the huddle and calling out detroit's plays before the offense broke the huddle. i'm not exaggerating.

Ummm I'm not wishing for anything. I'm a Seahawk fan, not a 49ers fan. Continue on though...

Ummm I'm not wishing for anything. I'm a Seahawk fan, not a 49ers fan. Continue on though...

fair enough. but anyone speculating on mooch being a possibly good oc...should examine the evidence of the offenses he ran in detroit.

then again, he is in the midst of moving his family back out to sf...hmm...i think football scooter deserves mooch as oc :dunno:

what a focking joke. career record of 58-82-1 and he gets another head coaching job? :first:

In Turners defense, he was 9-23 in Oakland. I don't think many coaches would have improved upon that with the team they had.

Also, Gibbs and Spurrier didn't and haven't done much with Wash either. So this may be Turners last big shot. He can't complain about talent now.

Norv Turner..... :dunno: :mellow: :lol:

fair enough. but anyone speculating on mooch being a possibly good oc...should examine the evidence of the offenses he ran in detroit.

then again, he is in the midst of moving his family back out to sf...hmm...i think football scooter deserves mooch as oc :doublethumbsup:

Does Detroit still have a football team?

then again, he is in the midst of moving his family back out to sf...hmm...i think football scooter deserves mooch as oc :dunno:

No one should be judged on anything they do in DET with that craptastic pile of sh!t they call a team.

hth

I think the Chargers will be just fine with Turner. He hasn't exactly had allot of talent in his other HC jobs. Look at Oakland this year *shudder*.

This is his big chance to prove he's HC material. If he can't succeed with this group, his HC career is pretty much done. He's got 1 or 2 years tops to prove what he can do. But he's got a decent group of coaches (I see Rivera taking over for Cottrell in a year or two). He knows how to strucutre a run-based offence, so he fits perfectly with the offensive personnell.

As long as he doesn't tinker too much, this team should still easily win their division. Oakland will suck for years, and KC should regress. I'm not sure Cutler's ready to take Denver very far yet, although they'll be competitive.

If I was a SD fan, I'd be happy. They'll still have a high-powered offence, and the defence should continue to do well. It's not like Martz is in there to screw everything up.

No one should be judged on anything they do in DET with that craptastic pile of sh!t they call a team.

hth

:shrugs:

well, here's hoping mooch ends up coaching your boys in sf then :bandana: