Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

Shut up, Billy Packer

It's not that good. It's completely one-sided. It completely makes fun of a good question: Why is your star player still out there with 12 seconds left up by 14?

It's never, never, never an excuse for any kind of hard foul, but I believe it's a legitimate question to ask. The author of the story basically calls K a whiny poosay for saying that the game was over.

I can recall a game where Dook was down by like 10 to MD with 20 seconds left, in the final four, where Dook won....if K wants to complain about star players being on the floor at that juncture, he has no basis...

It's not that good. It's completely one-sided. It completely makes fun of a good question: Why is your star player still out there with 12 seconds left up by 14?

I'll take this one.....

1. The Duke/UNC rivalry has had a lot, and I mean a lot of crazy endings including UNC scoring 8 points in 17 seconds to send the game to overtime ect.

2. It was senior day, with 40 seconds left Roy made a substitution to take out his seniors ONLY (Terry/Miller), so they could get a standing ovation.

3. Right after that there were several fouls ON TYLER HANSBROUGH so he was shooting free throws.

4. During this time, Roy sent Mike Copeland over to the scorers table to sub for Tyler.

5. If the game was over as Coach K said, why was Duke fouling, pressing, and most importantly CALLING TIMEOUTS all the while with his starters in the game?

6. Who the fock cares who was in the game, what does that have to do with a player going after another player.

That was a cheap shot on Hansbrough yesterday. But anyone making him out to be a victim of rough play is a joke. Hansbrough is known for lowering his shoulder to create separation and his physical play. And he's protected by the ACC refs more times than not.

6. Who the fock cares who was in the game, what does that have to do with a player going after another player.

That's why I said in the passage that you quoted of me that you apparently didn't read that it's never, never, never (yes, I wrote never three times) an excuse.

But what I was talking about the article that THBoy linked. I said it was extremely onesided article in that it called K a whiny poosay for posing a legitimate question.

If you ever watch a football game, teams that are getting stomped usually leave their starters in longer because they want to get some type of momentum... they want to get something out of a bad game.

Again... I didn't see the game. If they had the MTV 20-point Rock 'n' Jock baskets down for the last 2 minutes of the game, then I'm probably way off base here.

Absent that, no need for your star player to be in there with 12 seconds left up by 12. (I don't completely buy: "But we couldn't get him out :dunno: ) Give your guys on the bench who work so hard in practice a chance to say they played against Duke. Reward them with a little PT.

Bo Ryan wouldn't have his star player out there in that situation in that type of game.

But he's smart and classy. :clap:

That all being said.... I believe it was a cheap shot. I play basketball. You don't block a shot like that all crazy and willy-nilly. I see people talking as if it wasn't, but, as an impartial observer, I'd say that it most definitely was.

:lol:

That's why I said in the passage that you quoted of me that you apparently didn't read that it's never, never, never (yes, I wrote never three times) an excuse.

But what I was talking about the article that THBoy linked. I said it was extremely onesided article in that it called K a whiny poosay for posing a legitimate question.

If you ever watch a football game, teams that are getting stomped usually leave their starters in longer because they want to get some type of momentum... they want to get something out of a bad game.

Again... I didn't see the game. If they had the MTV 20-point Rock 'n' Jock baskets down for the last 2 minutes of the game, then I'm probably way off base here.

Absent that, no need for your star player to be in there with 12 seconds left up by 12. (I don't completely buy: "But we couldn't get him out :dunno: ) Give your guys on the bench who work so hard in practice a chance to say they played against Duke. Reward them with a little PT.

Bo Ryan wouldn't have his star player out there in that situation in that type of game.

But he's smart and classy. :thumbsup:

That all being said.... I believe it was a cheap shot. I play basketball. You don't block a shot like that all crazy and willy-nilly. I see people talking as if it wasn't, but, as an impartial observer, I'd say that it most definitely was.

:cheers:

Since you didn't see the game I can see where it you would have that question in regards to the star player being out there. :thumbsup:

But if you saw the game, after Roy subbed out his seniors there was a stretch of time there where Tyler was the one being fouled, missing a free throw, UNC getting the ball back (rebound), then Tyler fouled again. This happened twice in a row. As you know, you can't sub for a free throw shooter unless he makes both. As soon as another player (Bobby Frasour) was fouled, Roy sent in for a sub, but Bobby missed the front end of a 1and1 in which Tyler got the rebound and Hendersen clobbered him. It's not like there was 14 seconds left and Roy decided to leave Tyler out there.

But anyway, I'll let it go. :cheers:

Since you didn't see the game I can see where it you would have that question in regards to the star player being out there. :thumbsup:

But if you saw the game, after Roy subbed out his seniors there was a stretch of time there where Tyler was the one being fouled, missing a free throw, UNC getting the ball back (rebound), then Tyler fouled again. This happened twice in a row. As you know, you can't sub for a free throw shooter unless he makes both. As soon as another player (Bobby Frasour) was fouled, Roy sent in for a sub, but Bobby missed the front end of a 1and1 in which Tyler got the rebound and Hendersen clobbered him. It's not like there was 14 seconds left and Roy decided to leave Tyler out there.

But anyway, I'll let it go. :cheers:

Alright.

If this is they way that it went down then I take back everything I said and K is a whiny poosay. :thumbsup:

That was a cheap shot on Hansbrough yesterday. But anyone making him out to be a victim of rough play is a joke. Hansbrough is known for lowering his shoulder to create separation and his physical play. And he's protected by the ACC refs more times than not.

:dunno: Does he travel some? Yes. Does he push his way around sometimes? Yes. Does he get the shiot knocked out him sometimes? Yes. Is he the only one in the league that does this or receives this? No.

I'm still trying to grasp your point. You act as if Hansbrough is the only one that plays physical. Get a grip...

Why don't you quit trolling, and go back to letting your boyfriend pop the steroid zits on your back. :banana:

I love how Gettnroided changed his comment as well. What he has posted now is not what he had posted earlier. He's a focking tool.

You have been watching way to many of Coach K's American Express commercials. :huh: Lets see if he really is the "man of integrity" that he always claims to be. I found this quote on a college bball board. This will expose Coach K for the fraud he really is.

Last year, Jim Larranaga, George Mason's coach, suspended Tony Skinn, the team's PG, for taking a cheap shot. This meant that Tony, one of their most important players, would have to sit out the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. Shortly after learning about the suspension, coach k came out with this statement.

"It sends chills through my entire body to hear what Jim did," Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "Honestly, if he was here right now, I'd give him a big hug. We need more coaches to have the courage to step up in situations like this and say to our kids, 'That's wrong; I'm not making excuses for you.' If I were in the same situation, I hope I'd be gutsy enough and strong enough to do the same thing, but I can't swear to you that I would."

I got up really early this morning and was listening to the Fox Sports overnight show while getting ready for work. The host read this passage and consistently referred to Coach K as ratface.

I'm pretty sure the host comes here for material.

I got up really early this morning and was listening to the Fox Sports overnight show while getting ready for work. The host read this passage and consistently referred to Coach K as ratface.

I'm pretty sure the host comes here for material.

:huh:

Jime Rome blasted Coach K yesterday, it was spectacular:

"After seeing Duke’s Gerald Henderson bust Tyler Hansbrough in the beak and hearing Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski deny it was cheap shot, by saying, “That’s not the way he plays and not the way we play”, you have to wonder exactly what game Coach K was watching. Because that is the way Henderson plays and it is the way Coach K’s team plays. How do I know, because I have two eyes.

Did Coach K order the code red? I really don’t know. But I know this; they got hammered by Carolina…again. And they didn’t like that Hansbrough was still on the floor late in the game and they were looking to send a message. Well, they did, with the message being, we’re not nearly the program we used to be either in ability or class.

Krzyzewski essentially admitted it was intentional when he said, “The game was over before that. I mean the outcome of the game, let’s put it that way. That’s unfortunate, too, that those people were in the game in that play. Maybe this wouldn’t have happened.”

Translation:

If your guy wasn’t still on the floor at the end of the game, maybe my guy wouldn’t have jacked-him in the grill. Ie. It was deliberate.

One more question, K, if the game was over, why were you still calling time out with 50 seconds to go? If the game was over, why did you still have Henderson on the floor. The answer is, because the game wasn’t over, and that’s why Roy Williams still had Hansbrough on the floor. You’re program is down, your team isn’t what it once was, and Carolina rolled you up again. You need to own that. And stop telling us that sort of thing doesn’t happen with your program, when it just did and everyone saw it."

http://www.jimrome.com/home/articles/article.html

:huh:

I doubt CK ordered Henderson to do it directly. But I am sure he was venting on the fact that NC still had their boys out there playing hard etc. Which, honestly, is a dumb thing to be pissed about since we know darn right well he would have happily coached his way to a victory.

I think CK was trying to assert that he didn't exactly blame Henderson for being pissed enough to slam Tyler, I think he was trying to diffuse it a bit by saying that RW should have shown a little more class on his part- which is utter BS.

K-dog has shown alot of class in the past, and beaten down many a team in his time, sometimes that kind of beating is hard to take when you arent accustomed to receiving, but only giving, it...

Kryzhewxcxky: HENDERSON!

Henderson: Yes Coach

Kryzevsewxkxy: Sweep the leg.....

Henderson:...... :rolleyes:

Kryzevfsewjky: YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT???

Henderson:.....no coach

:dunno:

:banana: Does he travel some? Yes. Does he push his way around sometimes? Yes. Does he get the shiot knocked out him sometimes? Yes. Is he the only one in the league that does this or receives this? No.

I'm still trying to grasp your point. You act as if Hansbrough is the only one that plays physical. Get a grip...

I love how Gettnroided changed his comment as well. What he has posted now is not what he had posted earlier. He's a focking tool.

link?

not sure what you think I edited, only so many ways to call you a :D :D over a good hard foul.

funny how this works tho

me+kp: the focken refs gave that game to ______!

turdheel: you're a bunch of crybabes all you do is cry!!

turdheel: and then..and then he balled up his fist and hit my player in the face. wwaahhhhhh he shouldn't have been n the game

waahhhhhh did you hear what coach ratface said? did you hear what packer said? it's not fair!!

me: hey look at the crybaby

turdheel: uh well you're a tool!

B)

As usual Gettnmoreroids brings nothing to the table. Wow, that's a shocker.

I don't give a fock if Roy Williams brought back Marlon Williams, Michael Jordan, Eric Montross, George Lynch, and Dante Calabria to finish out the game. It's totally irrelevant to a player breaking another player's nose on an intentially hard foul. It saddens me that a leader of men like Coach K doesn't see that, and anyone who's ever played basketball beyond the level of intramurals will tell you that that hit was intentional.

link?

not sure what you think I edited, only so many ways to call you a :dunno: :P over a good hard foul.

funny how this works tho

me+kp: the focken refs gave that game to ______!

turdheel: you're a bunch of crybabes all you do is cry!!

turdheel: and then..and then he balled up his fist and hit my player in the face. wwaahhhhhh he shouldn't have been n the game

waahhhhhh did you hear what coach ratface said? did you hear what packer said? it's not fair!!

B)

You can't win. However .... there are alternatives to fighting.

I don't give a fock if Roy Williams brought back Marlon Williams, Michael Jordan, Eric Montross, George Lynch, and Dante Calabria to finish out the game. It's totally irrelevant to a player breaking another player's nose on an intentially hard foul. It saddens me that a leader of men like Coach K doesn't see that, and anyone who's ever played basketball beyond the level of intramurals will tell you that that hit was intentional.

Great post, and the Dante Calabria reference was truly the icing on the cake.

Well played, sir.

<_<

Great post, and the Dante Calabria reference was truly the icing on the cake.

Well played, sir.

<_<

why johnny ringo... you look like somebody done walked over your grave...

As usual Gettnmoreroids brings nothing to the table. Wow, that's a shocker.

B) :first: :first:

sooo predictable <_<

the people call heelkid to the stand....heelkid, isn't it true that you blah blah blah blah...?

uhhh ehhhh...you're stoopid! ha!

Turdhole logic: If I say it over, and over, and over again ... it becomes true!

Yes, basketball is a CONTACT sport, and sometimes there are injuries. Elbows fly all the time, but to call that an intentional foul, I think even that is wrong. Man up, it was an awkward, weird circumstance ... and he may have come in hard, but he did not intend that shot. He wasn't even looking at Handsfhagot ... he was going for the ball. Bad call. IMO.

But Tarhole is gonna complain forever. Nothing you can do about it.

Nobody just won this thread.... :dunno:

Nobody just won this thread.... :lol:

I am the anti-drobeski :first: Lets see where I went wrong.....

Effort? Check

Knowledge of subject? Check

Reference obscure good looking italian shooting guard? Dammit! :dunno:

I am the anti-drobeski :dunno: Lets see where I went wrong.....

Effort? Check

Knowledge of subject? Check

Reference obscure good looking italian shooting guard? Dammit! :lol:

You done good, but the guard reference was too high-folutin for a grity notion as thread winning :first: