Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

NAACP chief steps down after 19 mos

NEW YORK — NAACP President Bruce S. Gordon is quitting the civil rights organization, leaving after just 19 months at the helm, he said on Sunday.

Gordon cited growing strain with board members over the group's management style and future operations.

"I believe that any organization that's going to be effective will only be effective if the board and the CEO are aligned, and I don't think we are aligned," Gordon said.

Gordon said he will give up his duties before month's end. He spoke by phone from Los Angeles, where he attended the NAACP Image Awards.

Dennis C. Hayes, general counsel of the Baltimore-based National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, is expected to serve as interim president, Gordon said. Hayes filled the same role after Kweisi Mfume resigned the presidency in 2004 after nine years.

Gordon said that while the NAACP is an advocacy organization, it needs to be more focused on service and finding solutions.

"I'm used to a CEO running an organization, with the board approving strategy and policy," Gordon said. "But the NAACP board is very much involved."

Gordon said he made the decision in recent weeks and told the board at its annual meeting in New York City in mid-February. NAACP leaders were surprised by his decision and engaged in hours of discussion, he said.

"They expressed disappointment," Gordon said. "We attempted to see whether there was a way to continue, but that didn't happen."

Gordon, 61, sounded weary as he boarded a flight home to New York City on Sunday.

"I don't view this as I'm right and they're wrong. I view this as I see things one way and they see things a different way," he said. "That misalignment between the CEO and the board is unhealthy."

Asked about his future plans, Gordon said: "I'm going to catch my breath."

"What I've clearly learned in my tenure here is that all is not well in black America, that's for sure ," he said. "I believe I have a lot to offer. I've got to find a way to be engaged that optimizes what it is I bring to the table. My intention is not to disengage, but to find a different way."

NAACP spokesman Richard McIntire declined to comment.

Anybody else read it the way I do? This guy sounded like he actually wanted Blacks to start helping Blacks and looking for solutions other than "blaming whitey" and looking for government handouts, but the board didn't want to go along... Would be interested to hear the real story behind all this.

Better article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/05/us/05naa...&ei=5087%0A

“We want it to be a social justice organization; he wanted it to be more of a social service organization,” said Julian Bond, the chairman of the N.A.A.C.P. board. “Our mission is to fight racial discrimination and provide social justice. Social service organizations deal with the effects of racial discrimination. We deal with the beast itself.

So basically, they wanted to keep protesting like it was Selma in 1959, He wanted AA's to DO something to fix the problems facing their own community.

I read it EXACTLY as you did. Is there ANY African American organization that actually wants to try to improve the lives of African Americans as opposed to just trying to get more handouts and blame whitey for all their ills?

Colored people still need advancing? :dunno:

I'm actually surprised that organtization still hasn't changed their name. Although, I guess "African American" would make them NAAAA.

Six........half a dozen..........

Any organization whose aim is to better the social, political, and economic lives of Black folks, I'm all for it. And if it's called a "social service" organization or a "social justice" organization, I don't give a fock; it's all semantics to me.

This looks like a simple case of "difference of philosophies;" too bad it's bringing down the reputation of a necessary organization with it.

Six........half a dozen..........

Any organization whose aim is to better the social, political, and economic lives of Black folks, I'm all for it. And if it's called a "social service" organization or a "social justice" organization, I don't give a fock; it's all semantics to me.

This looks like a simple case of "difference of philosophies;" too bad it's bringing down the reputation of a necessary organization with it.

might want to put on your flame retardant suit right about now.

might want to put on your flame retardant suit right about now.

Nah. I think most people around here have gotten tired of trying to have an intelligent conversation on the topic of race with African Americans. I'm sure Mack considers Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton role models too.

Nah. I think most of us insular white folks around here who feel black folks should forget about the sh!t that happened to them and move on have gotten tired of trying to have an intelligent conversation on the topic of race with African Americans.

Phixed.

You're welcome.

I'm sure Mack considers Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton role models too.

Wrong!!

Not all black folks gravitate toward them. Perhaps I should suggest people like Bull Conner, David Duke, and others are your role models, no?

Mack, a couple of things.

First, I didn't do anything to the "black man." I did not own any slaves, nor did any of my forebearers as far as I know (not that it should make any difference as I believe people should be held responsible for their actions, rather than the actions of relatives the have never met.)

Second, if not the Revs, then who do you recommend as proper role models to represent the black community? Just last month during the Super Bowl Coke ran an ad to celebrate Black History Month. They showed a number of black achievers and their achievements. If I recall correctly, their historical persepctive ended w/MLK in the 60's.

Frankly, I found it kind of sad that an ad agency that was looking for good things to highlight about the plight of the black community couldn't come up w/any truly notable accomplishments over the past 30-40 years.

Maybe the folks who work at that ad agency are a bunch of racists. Or maybe the leadership in the black community is so shallow, so greedy to get what they think they're owed (remind you of anyone? :banana: ) that they have failed their own people miserably. :mad:

Bottom line is I think Mack's post misses the point. This whole episode shows a fundamental schism in the AA community. - And this is a classic example of it.

Gordon is a self-made executive. He 'made' it on his own. He's part of the AA community that's saying BS to a lot of the excuses and sense of entitlement that runs rampant throughout parts of that community. He'd rather see AA's give a hand UP to each other, rather than simply protest & lobby for a hand OUT.

The BOD of the NAACP hasn't changed much in thier thinking. When formed in 1909, yes, "Social Justice" was a huge deal - and still was through the Civil Rights Era. But now, that issue has largely waned. Does that mean that ugly horrible episodes like Jasper, Texas don't occasionall occur? No. But, the difference is, 50 years ago, those fockers would've gotten away with it if it weren't for the the likes of the NAACP. Today, that role - of agitator for 'social justice' - isn't nearly as needed as is an organization that looks at ALL the issues keeping the AA community from thriving.

Bottom line? You want to meet the harshest critics of those who want to blame - and live on - the system? Blacks who've made it themselves. As more and more Blacks do, groups like the NAACP need to either change their focus, or lose relevance.

Related note: NAACP need look no further than NOW. Refused to change to the new realities after the ERA passed - and become largely pointless.

Bottom line is I think Mack's post misses the point. This whole episode shows a fundamental schism in the AA community. - And this is a classic example of it.

Gordon is a self-made executive. He 'made' it on his own. He's part of the AA community that's saying BS to a lot of the excuses and sense of entitlement that runs rampant throughout parts of that community. He'd rather see AA's give a hand UP to each other, rather than simply protest & lobby for a hand OUT.

The BOD of the NAACP hasn't changed much in thier thinking. When formed in 1909, yes, "Social Justice" was a huge deal - and still was through the Civil Rights Era. But now, that issue has largely waned. Does that mean that ugly horrible episodes like Jasper, Texas don't occasionall occur? No. But, the difference is, 50 years ago, those fockers would've gotten away with it if it weren't for the the likes of the NAACP. Today, that role - of agitator for 'social justice' - isn't nearly as needed as is an organization that looks at ALL the issues keeping the AA community from thriving.

Bottom line? You want to meet the harshest critics of those who want to blame - and live on - the system? Blacks who've made it themselves. As more and more Blacks do, groups like the NAACP need to either change their focus, or lose relevance.

Related note: NAACP need look no further than NOW. Refused to change to the new realities after the ERA passed - and become largely pointless.

Excellent post :banana:

This whole episode shows a fundamental schism in the AA community.

There are polarizing ideologies involved in every group of people, not just Blacks.

Gordon is...part of the AA community that's saying BS to a lot of the excuses and sense of entitlement that runs rampant throughout parts of that community.

There's no sense of entitlement running rampant among Blacks. Sure, there are some who are delusional enough to think that sitting on their ass, jobless, and waiting for handouts is all YT's fault, but I'm sure that's no different than some white folks living in the trailer park in rural West Virginia.

He'd rather see AA's give a hand UP to each other, rather than simply protest & lobby for a hand OUT.

Sounds like you're implying that the NAACP operates that way, in which case I thoroughly disagree.

... that ugly horrible episode (in) Jasper, Texas....

Therein lies my initial point. The mere fact that sh!t like this happens makes organizations such as the NAACP an absolute necessity.

How my initial post about the NAACP's relevance and the differences of philosophies within the hierarchy of the NAACP attracted these offensively-toned soliloquies from you, davebg, and Stirke (Mr. I'm-tired-of-talking-about-race-with-African-Americans-on-this-board) is beyond me. But I'm always up for intelligent conversations relative to race.

Here's my bottom line: the 98 year-old organization was, obviously, instituted to confront a completely different set of societal ills you and I will never know. And yes, sometimes its modern-day approach may appear obsolete, but like you mentioned in your post:

...an organization that looks at ALL the issues keeping the AA community from thriving (is needed).

You want to meet the harshest critics of those who want to blame - and live on - the system? Blacks who've made it themselves.

Really? Interesting, especially when you consider two of the richest Black folks on the planet (Oprah, Bob Johnson) donate tens of millions of dollars to organizations (NAACP included!!) that support such measures for people "living on the system."

How my initial post about the NAACP's relevance and the differences of philosophies within the hierarchy of the NAACP attracted these offensively-toned soliloquies from you, davebg, and Stirke (Mr. I'm-tired-of-talking-about-race-with-African-Americans-on-this-board) is beyond me. But I'm always up for intelligent conversations relative to race.

Well, I'm sorry if you were offended by what I had to say. If you are truly up for an intelligent conversation relative to race why don't you dispute any of the things I said?

Frankly, I fail to see what I said that was so offensive. I merely pointed out that I don't feel that I should be held responsible for the actions of some people hundreds of years ago...men who I've never met nor am I related to. I mean, that would kind of be like me blaming all black people b/c I was a victim of a violent crime at the hands of a black person, right?

I also went on to take the black leadership of the past 25+ years to task for, IMO, utterly failing the AA community. Feel free to dispute that, but from where I'm sitting, there really hasn't been much leadership coming from the "leaders" of the black community. When you look at the people who came out of the civil rights movement and are still active today they are total scumbags like the Revs. Even when someone steps forward to project themselves as a role model, to try to actually provide some valuable leadership to the black community, they get vilified as a bunch of Uncle Toms. Don't believe me? Just take a look at the reaction Bill Cosby got for his comments...just look at the way people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell get branded as traitors to their own people.

If you want to discuss these subjects, I'll be here all day...

The NAACP is every bit as much of a joke as their white supremacist counter parts, and only slightly less vile.

Well, I'm sorry if you were offended by what I had to say.

I didn't say I was offended; just that it had an offensive tone. And perhaps I was referring more to wiffle and strike's comments. But I've got thick skin, dude; I'm a big boy.

...there really hasn't been much leadership coming from the "leaders" of the black community.

The next time I read or hear the words "black" and "leader" in succession I'm gonna scream. What the fock does that mean anyway? I'm a Black man, college educated, wife and kid at home, fantasy football extraordinaire...do I need a "leader?"

There's nothing more irritating. That phrase implies that we're some rudderless ship floating aimlessly along the deep blue sea, and without dedicated "leadership" from whoever, we're doomed. What horsesh!t.

When you look at the people who came out of the civil rights movement and are still active today they are total scumbags like the Revs.

Wow, that's harsh, but whatever. Some Blacks hold that same opinion.

Even when someone steps forward to project themselves as a role model, to try to actually provide some valuable leadership to the black community, they get vilified as a bunch of Uncle Toms. Don't believe me? Just take a look at the reaction Bill Cosby got for his comments...just look at the way people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell get branded as traitors to their own people.

Whoa, slow down junior.

While Cosby's comments riled some individuals and prompted Michael Eric Dyson to pen a book, it was met with delight and a hearty thumbs up within the educational and upper echelon of the Black community.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information about Condi Rice and Powell being "traitors to their own people." There are Blacks who dislike them for whatever reason, but generally speaking both are held in fairly high regard.

Mack,

Some of us might have a different perspective on this whole thing if everytime there is some incident relative to race the portion of the black community that reacts is the Rev. Jackson/entitlement/whitey is out to get us segment. Apparently the segment you're a part of doesn't come out when white lacrosse players are falsely accused of rape or when a gun wielding gang member runs from the cops and gets killed. And with the exception of Magic Johnson we don't hear much about blacks giving back to inner cities and trying to help each other. All we hear about is the civil rights "injustices" that are supposedly still so rampant against blacks. As far as the Jasper incident somehow justifying the existence of a racist organization such as the NAACP, for every incident such as that there are incidents of black violence against whites (see the truck driver dragged out of his rig and beaten in the riots in LA). All people of all races STILL see racial injustice. It's unfortunate and we should all be working to eliminate it but it's a fact of life and black folk don't have a monopoly on those types of incidents.

Mack,

....Apparently the segment you're a part of doesn't come out when...a gun wielding gang member runs from the cops and gets killed.

No, but I am part of the segment that comes out when an unarmed Black man gets riddled with about 30 rounds of ammo at the hands of white cops on the day of his wedding. :cry:

And with the exception of Magic Johnson we don't hear much about blacks giving back to inner cities and trying to help each other.

Seriously, do you expect the media to inundate us with "feel good" stories of do-gooders in the Black community?

There are countless Black folks who put their money where their mouths are relative to giving back to the community and get no publicity from the mainstream media. So just because it's not shared with the masses doesn't mean it's not happening.

...for every incident such as (Jasper, Texas) there are incidents of black violence against whites (see the truck driver dragged out of his rig and beaten in the riots in LA).

As horrific as that scene was, tell me you don't truly believe that to be the case. There are equal numbers of incidents with black on white crime as there is with white on black crime? If you believe that, then...........

There are polarizing ideologies involved in every group of people, not just Blacks.

For the record, this is where I lost any respect for anything Mack had to say....

There's no sense of entitlement running rampant among Blacks.

or, perhaps, here.

For the record, this is where I lost any respect for anything Mack had to say....

Care to elaborate?

As horrific as that scene was, tell me you don't truly believe that to be the case. There are equal numbers of incidents with black on white crime as there is with white on black crime? If you believe that, then...........

....your opinion runs counter to the African American propoganda machine and must be squashed immediately, where shall we apply the racist stamp :cry:

Care to elaborate?

I would, but from your statements, you strike me as somebody who just doesn't quite "get" it. So the whole exercise is really fairly pointless.

No, but I am part of the segment that comes out when an unarmed Black man gets riddled with about 30 rounds of ammo at the hands of white cops on the day of his wedding. ;)

yes, it's commonplace for white cops to shoot up black weddings. Come on man.

As far as the violence goes, you do know that it's a FACT that the biggest amount of violence against blacks is black on black. Maybe that's what you should focus your energy on eliminating. Apparently the only time you speak out is when white cops shoot up black weddings. :cry:

I would, but from your statements, you strike me as somebody who just doesn't quite "get" it. So the whole exercise is really fairly pointless.

Which was my original point :cheers:

As far as the violence goes, you do know that it's a FACT that the biggest amount of violence against blacks is black on black. Maybe that's what you should focus your energy on eliminating. Apparently the only time you speak out is when white cops shoot up black weddings. :cry:

Which was my original point ;)

You are attempting to insert logic on the indoctrinated, might as well be pissing on a oil well fire... :cheers:

For the record, the guy didn't get shot AT his wedding; I believe he was on his way TO the wedding. Whatever; point being, he was shot multiple times and had no weapon on him.

The next time I read or hear the words "black" and "leader" in succession I'm gonna scream. What the fock does that mean anyway? I'm a Black man, college educated, wife and kid at home, fantasy football extraordinaire...do I need a "leader?"

There's nothing more irritating. That phrase implies that we're some rudderless ship floating aimlessly along the deep blue sea, and without dedicated "leadership" from whoever, we're doomed. What horsesh!t.

Wow, that's harsh, but whatever. Some Blacks hold that same opinion.

Whoa, slow down junior.

First, I'd say that there are HUGE SWATHS of the AA community that are, IMO rudderless ships floating aimlessly. There are many instances in the AA community of a complete and utter lack of leadership or accountability...particularly when it comes to men and their children...or the influence of gang/thug culture...or the lack of emphasis on education...

The list could be longer, but you get the point. Now, I'm not saying this is everywhere in every AA community, but I think prevalent enough to warrant action.

Second, "leadership" doesn't have to be about running for office or bringing money back into the community. In my first post I talked about the Coke SB ad celebrating Black Hist Month (check out the ad here.) The following are the events they listed:

1909: First black man at the North Pole

1941: Tuskegee airmen

1947: Jackie Robinson

1955: Rosa Parks

1963: MLK

My original point was how sad I thought it was that the influence that individuals from the AA community had seemed to be growing through the 40's, 50's and 60's...and nothing worthy of mention (at least on the same level) since. However, there's another thing that these people all had in common...they weren't politicians, they weren't filthy rich...yet they all made their mark on the world through their actions. I just don't see that same level of leadership in the black community today.

As for Strike's comments about Jasper and the flip side of black on white violence...you made (what I assume) was a joking comment about how you only show up when a black man gets shot 30 times by the cops. Um... :cry: problem, right here. Why is it that the members of the black community only reserve such outrage for when it's a black person who's the victim? Why no love for all victims, regardless of color? Why no outrage when the knuckleheads in the AA community bring the police into your neighborhoods and force them to make split-second, life or death decisions where you live?

It's the same standard that I hold the wider Muslim community to (and why I partially blame them for the negative image that the many in the country has for them.) If your religion or your racial identity is so important to you, then stand up for it. Stand up against the scumbags in your midst and hold them responsible for their misdeeds...instead of making excuses for them...instead of turning the focus away from them and their crimes and towards the police, who are only trying to do their job.

I would, but from your statements, you strike me as somebody who just doesn't quite "get" it.

You folks crack me up. Don't "get it," huh?

I guess I agree to disagree with you, Strike, and others. I guess the part I don't "get" is when white folks try to apply their jaded sense of logic to race.

And I'm not sure where or when the black-on-black crime came into the conversation; and for the record, I am part of a violence prevention youth group in Detroit aimed at irradicating violence. So yes, I'm doing my part.

But this thread makes it obvious to me that the views of middle-class white American don't jive with the views of middle-class Black America. Simple fact, and I can live with it.

For the record, the guy didn't get shot AT his wedding; I believe he was on his way TO the wedding. Whatever; point being, he was shot multiple times and had no weapon on him.

Wow, one specific incident. Since that's the only time you speak up I can see how active you are, outside of threads like this. :rolleyes:

Wow, one specific incident. Since that's the only time you speak up I can see how active you are, outside of threads like this. :rolleyes:

Wow you're smart.

Yeah, like you blowing dust off an indident from the 1993 and the LA riots.

Yup, pot meet kettle. :dunno:

Um... :dunno: ...I hate to be the one to inject some FACTS into your little story, but he was on his way from the strip club the night before (well, actually it was the wee morning hours of his wedding day.)

There were police accounts of someone threatening to use a gun. The driver of the car actually hit an undercover cop.

Furthermore, one of the guys (I can't remeber which) who was a buddy of the victim and got shot himself went on TV and flat out REJECTED any claims that this was a racially motivated crime. In his own words, it was a tragic accident and possibly negligent on the part of the police, but that it had nothing to do w/race.

Of course, who is one of the victims to dispute the events of what happened that night w/activists like Rev Al or people like yourself who obviously know better. :rolleyes:

Um... :dunno: ...I hate to be the one to inject some FACTS into your little story, but he was on his way from the strip club the night before (well, actually it was the wee morning hours of his wedding day.)

There were police accounts of someone threatening to use a gun. The driver of the car actually hit an undercover cop.

Furthermore, one of the guys (I can't remeber which) who was a buddy of the victim and got shot himself went on TV and flat out REJECTED any claims that this was a racially motivated crime. In his own words, it was a tragic accident and possibly negligent on the part of the police, but that it had nothing to do w/race.

Of course, who is one of the victims to dispute the events of what happened that night w/activists like Rev Al or people like yourself who obviously know better. :rolleyes:

Oh, it's THAT incident he's talking about? LOL. Exactly what I was talking about before where the black community villifies the cops when an incident occurs but most of the time the black people initiated the incident and the cops were acting the same as they would against anyone of any race. WOW is all I can say. Mack's credibility just went *POOF*.

First, I'd say that there are HUGE SWATHS of the AA community that are, IMO rudderless ships floating aimlessly. There are many instances in the AA community of a complete and utter lack of leadership or accountability...particularly when it comes to men and their children...or the influence of gang/thug culture...or the lack of emphasis on education...

The list could be longer, but you get the point. Now, I'm not saying this is everywhere in every AA community, but I think prevalent enough to warrant action.

Second, "leadership" doesn't have to be about running for office or bringing money back into the community. In my first post I talked about the Coke SB ad celebrating Black Hist Month (check out the ad here.) The following are the events they listed:

1909: First black man at the North Pole

1941: Tuskegee airmen

1947: Jackie Robinson

1955: Rosa Parks

1963: MLK

My original point was how sad I thought it was that the influence that individuals from the AA community had seemed to be growing through the 40's, 50's and 60's...and nothing worthy of mention (at least on the same level) since. However, there's another thing that these people all had in common...they weren't politicians, they weren't filthy rich...yet they all made their mark on the world through their actions. I just don't see that same level of leadership in the black community today.

As for Strike's comments about Jasper and the flip side of black on white violence...you made (what I assume) was a joking comment about how you only show up when a black man gets shot 30 times by the cops. Um... :rolleyes: problem, right here. Why is it that the members of the black community only reserve such outrage for when it's a black person who's the victim? Why no love for all victims, regardless of color? Why no outrage when the knuckleheads in the AA community bring the police into your neighborhoods and force them to make split-second, life or death decisions where you live?

It's the same standard that I hold the wider Muslim community to (and why I partially blame them for the negative image that the many in the country has for them.) If your religion or your racial identity is so important to you, then stand up for it. Stand up against the scumbags in your midst and hold them responsible for their misdeeds...instead of making excuses for them...instead of turning the focus away from them and their crimes and towards the police, who are only trying to do their job.

Dave, first of all, thank you. Thanks for being the only one in this thread with any tangible level of understanding of the matter as a whole.

Secondly, it seems we're playing a semantical game with the word "leadership." According to your post, what you may consider "leadership" I consider people simply attempting to be productive members of society and attaining a certain level of success in the process.

And the comment about my only showing up when a black man gets shot came from Strike. I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion, but whatever.

Oh, it's THAT incident he's talking about? LOL. Exactly what I was talking about before where the black community villifies the cops when an incident occurs but most of the time the black people initiated the incident and the cops were acting the same as they would against anyone of any race. WOW is all I can say. Mack's credibility just went *POOF*.

Have any of you ever heard of a black cop shooting an unarmed white guy 30 times?

Have any of you ever heard of a black cop shooting an unarmed white guy 30 times?

Apparently white people are smart enough to know not to fock with the cops. Over and over when these incidents occur the facts point to AA's forcing the cops hand. I refuse to second guess the split second decisions cops have to make on a daily basis, regardless of race. And yes, I'm pretty sure cops have shot unarmed white people too. It's just not as frequent. Of course, AA's are incarcerated at a rate much higher than white people as well; Hmmmm.......

And the comment about my only showing up when a black man gets shot came from Strike. I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion, but whatever.

Cause it's basically what you said? :rolleyes:

I have seen many instances of cops (of every race, color and creed) totally JACKING UP white people on "Cops" all the time.

The difference is that the larger white community recognizes white trash criminals when they see them and don't rally around them and make them a local celebrity b/c they took on "The Man" and might have a payday in their near future if they can get the right lawyer...all before the actual facts of the incident have come out. :banana:

There's a long and documented history of unjustified brutality toward Blacks, so I suppose that should've never been taken into consideration.

Like I said in an earlier post, the way Blacks view the world and the events around it goes counter to how white folks view the world and the events around it. Hence, the complete disagreement on most of these posts.

It's been fun, gents, and I've wasted enough time here. We'll meet again in another racially charged thread, I'm sure.

There's a long and documented history of unjustified brutality toward Blacks, so I suppose that should've never been taken into consideration.

Like I said in an earlier post, the way Blacks view the world and the events around it goes counter to how white folks view the world and the events around it. Hence, the complete disagreement on most of these posts.

It's been fun, gents, and I've wasted enough time here. We'll meet again in another racially charged thread, I'm sure.

I'm sure. It's just great to know that people such as yourself continue to blame whitey for the ills of your race instead of trying to improve the lives of your race itself. :banana:

Silly me, I thought that people should reserve judgement until the facts are known, as opposed to jumping to conclusions based upon one's own prejudices. :wall:

Furthermore, weren't the police involved in that incident a mix of black, white and hispanic officers? If this is all about race, how do you reconcile that? You can't. You know why? Because this isn't about race, it's about socio-economics, but that doesn't play as well to the cameras, nor does it play as well into the Rev Al's comfort zone in front of said cameras. :banana: