Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Shariah in Minnesota?

the disturbing editorial

Here in Minneapolis, one of the nation's most livable cities, hard-line Muslim activists are injecting an element that is anything but nice.

Troubling incidents began several years ago, when taxi drivers at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport--about three-quarters of whom are Muslim--started refusing to transport passengers carrying alcohol.One woman, returning from France with wine, was turned away by five cabs in succession. Refusals of service now number about 100 a month, and heated altercations have erupted.

In November 2006, the six "flying imams" bumped the taxi drivers from the headlines. In Minneapolis for a conference, the imams were detained after engaging in what an airport police report called "suspicious" activity. Some prayed loudly in the gate area, spoke angrily about the U.S. and Saddam, switched seats and unnecessarily requested seat belt extenders with heavy buckles that could be used as weapons, according to witnesses.

Now some Muslim cashiers at Twin Cities Target stores have begun refusing to scan pork products, like bacon and pepperoni pizza, and insisting that other cashiers or the customers themselves do it.

In Washington, the Democratic leadership is likely to seek passage of the End Racial Profiling Act, of which House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called herself, in 2004, a "proud" cosponsor. Both MAS and CAIR are stumping for the bill, which would bar airport security personnel from disproportionately questioning Muslims or people of Middle Eastern descent.

:thumbsdown: :headbanger: :mad:

It looks like the radical muslim towelheads have been busy in Minny. They should fire the cashiers,cab drivers, whoever refuses to do their jobs. Here is an idea, if you can't "Transport" beer, don't become a cab driver. If you can't hadle the pork, you can't very well be a cashier somewhere that sells pork. I guess people are right about most muslims don't play with a full deck, focking priick towelheads. :mad:

the disturbing editorial

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like the radical muslim towelheads have been busy in Minny. They should fire the cashiers,cab drivers, whoever refuses to do their jobs. Here is an idea, if you can't "Transport" beer, don't become a cab driver. If you can't hadle the pork, you can't very well be a cashier somewhere that sells pork. I guess people are right about most muslims don't play with a full deck, focking priick towelheads. :lol:

Up here, they're asking that food stores have pork and ham behind partitions (or something like that) so they don't have to see them. I'm as tolerant as the next guy but this is getting out of hand. Set up your own stores and go and shop there...

Ahhh my little liberals swooping in to pull headlines and save the day again so people wont be offended. I think I called this exact thing happening in another thread that I posted saying " they will have their way if liberals ave anything to do with it" and someone smart azz phag like Uh-oh, MDC or some other douche like that said " sure because if liberals like anything its helping religions".

Well what the phuck do ya know.

Gee, wonder why CAIR is backing the bill.

the disturbing editorial

:wall: :wall: :wall:

It looks like the radical muslim towelheads have been busy in Minny. They should fire the cashiers,cab drivers, whoever refuses to do their jobs. Here is an idea, if you can't "Transport" beer, don't become a cab driver. If you can't hadle the pork, you can't very well be a cashier somewhere that sells pork. I guess people are right about most muslims don't play with a full deck, focking priick towelheads. :mad:

I live in Minny and due to the huge backlash against Target for the non-scanning pork cashiers, they have pulled all the muslims that wont do it and put them in other jobs. This is still absolutely ridiculous! Isnt it common knowledge that when you move to a DIFFERENT country you assimilate to their norms? If i moved to any muslim country (which i would never do) i would not expect them to change to the US's norms and values because i came from there, i would assimilate and try to fit in. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE NORMS/RULES/VALUES HERE DO NOT MOVE HERE. Geez what is this country coming to.... :cry:

I live in Minny and due to the huge backlash against Target for the non-scanning pork cashiers

Bout focking time. Thanks for chimming in on this. That's good to know. :banana:

This is still absolutely ridiculous! Isnt it common knowledge that when you move to a DIFFERENT country you assimilate to their norms? If i moved to any muslim country (which i would never do) i would not expect them to change to the US's norms and values because i came from there, i would assimilate and try to fit in. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE NORMS/RULES/VALUES HERE DO NOT MOVE HERE. Geez what is this country coming to.... :wub:

Seriously. same argument to be made against the illegals. The immigrants of the past 1) Did it legally and 2) Did everything in their power to assimilate.

The good news is, they more these axxmunchers press their case, the more backlash they'll produce.

I'm pretty sure if I lived up there, I'd brag a big 'ol pack of bacon and chase some little raghead all around the store shouting "Touch my bacon! Touch my bacon!" :banana:

I STILL find it amazing that those cabbies in Minny get to choose which passengers they want to transport. WTF????? How does the airport authority/city/state/etc allow this to occur?? Those phuckers need to keep their religous convictions to themselves and start serving the community in which they live.

I STILL find it amazing that those cabbies in Minny get to choose which passengers they want to transport.

Tell that to a black guy in NYCity. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but every NYC cabbie knows they'll just rob'em. :thumbsdown:

Well, every Minny cabby is afraid we'll PORK them. :blink:

I STILL find it amazing that those cabbies in Minny get to choose which passengers they want to transport. WTF????? How does the airport authority/city/state/etc allow this to occur?? Those phuckers need to keep their religous convictions to themselves and start serving the community in which they live.

The minneapolis transportation commission (or something like that) is soon to be ruling on this very subject. They are talking about revoking cabbie licenses if the muslims continue to only offer service to certain people (i.e. ones without alcohol). Hopefully they rule the right way....

I guess the ACLU is aghast that these good Muslim folks are being discriminated against. If i were King of the USA, I'd kick them the hell out of the country today if they won't play nice. But it ain't gonna happen because the abused 'rights of the individual' will prevail. Its both our strength and also our achilles heel and these Muslims depicted in the story know it all too well. Hope we as a nation wake up before its over.

Good grief. Such stupidtity in Minnesota.

Hopefully the anti-racial profiling bill doesn't pass. If it does, it'll become the first real downside of having the Dems run the legislature again.

this is tough. it seems like if you own a can, you can drive whoever you want. Or if your company lets you do it, then again. Hopefully, it will lead to these cabs going out of business, but I dont have a problem with them refusing service.

The minneapolis transportation commission (or something like that) is soon to be ruling on this very subject. They are talking about revoking cabbie licenses if the muslims continue to only offer service to certain people (i.e. ones without alcohol). Hopefully they rule the right way....

It's the Metropolitan Airports Commission.

Current policy:

The rule at the airport cab stand is, if passengers are dangerous or intoxicated, drivers are not required to serve them. Cabbies who refuse service for any other reason must go to the end of the taxi line. It can take up to three hours to reach the front again. Drivers can lose time and money.

The proposed policy, which would go into effect in May:

The first offense would bring a 30-day suspension to cab drivers refusing service for any reason other than safety. And if it happens a second time, the MAC would take away a cabbie's airport license.

And the scrapped policy:

Landy says the proposed ordinance emerged after an earlier compromise fell through. The initial proposal would have put colored lights on top of cabs that would not take alcohol or animals. He says that would have been a seamless solution, and he supported it. But the proposal got international attention and brought thousands of complaints. Landy says the MAC scrapped the idea because it feared passengers would misuse the accommodation.

MPR story link.

this is tough. it seems like if you own a can, you can drive whoever you want. Or if your company lets you do it, then again. Hopefully, it will lead to these cabs going out of business, but I dont have a problem with them refusing service.

Do you have a problem w/them losing their license (and thus, being banned from picking up at the airport) if they refuse service?