Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Teams that have won the world series since the Yankees last did

2001 Arizona Diamondbacks (yankees choked)

2002 Anaheim Angels

2003 Florida Marlins (yankees choked)

2004 Boston Red Sox (yankees biggest choke in major league history)

2005 Chicago White Sox

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

:dunno:

2002 Anaheim Angels

2005 Chicago White Sox

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

:dunno:

Wow, a whole 6 years since a world series win?? The Yankees should just disband then. :rolleyes:

"2001 - Yankees choked" - Really? The series came down to the last inning of game 7. Mariano gave up a hit (he does that from time to time). To say the Yankees choked is a bit of an overstatement, don't ya think?

"2003 - Yankees choked" I don't know about choking, but I had low expectations coming in to that series. How much could the team have left after that grueling series with the Red Sox?

"2004 - Yankees choked"...I got nothin. :(

You forgot 2007 - NY Yankees :(

Wow, a whole 6 years since a world series win?? The Yankees should just disband then. :(

"2001 - Yankees choked" - Really? The series came down to the last inning of game 7. Mariano gave up a hit (he does that from time to time). To say the Yankees choked is a bit of an overstatement, don't ya think?

"2003 - Yankees choked" I don't know about choking, but I had low expectations coming in to that series. How much could the team have left after that grueling series with the Red Sox?

"2004 - Yankees choked"...I got nothin. :(

You forgot 2007 - NY Yankees :dunno:

Baseball season is almost here my friend. It's time to start the talk! LET'S GET IT ON! :rolleyes:

A lot of people said the Red Sox would lose to St. Louis after their grueling series with the Yankees and it didn't happen.

NO EXCUSES! :dunno:

A lot of people said the Red Sox would lose to St. Louis after their grueling series with the Yankees and it didn't happen.

NO EXCUSES! :(

Excuses? Hardly. However, I didn't expect all that much after that series vs. the Sox. I was spent; I can only imagine how the players felt.

The season is just around the corner. I've already made my annual bet with my friend regarding the regular season record of the Sox and Yankees.

I'm game for a similar wager if you are. :dunno:

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

Mets choked - I think Beltran is still standing at the plate with his bat on his shoulder........

2007 - Texas Rangers

The Buck Showalter Rule

Mets choked - I think Beltran is still standing at the plate with his bat on his shoulder........

I was waiting for him to take off his mask and jersey to reveal that he's actually Terrence Long.

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

Every time I see this I can't believe it. The Tigers were supposed to win the world series it was destiny. The other day someone was talking about the world series champion Stl. Cardinals and I almost said no wait the Tigers won what are you talking about...

I feel like I was thrown into an alternate time line. That's as best as I can explain it. <_<

6 whole years without a WS title. Must be torturous for them and their fans. <_<

6 whole years without a WS title. Must be torturous for them and their fans. :dunno:

:banana:

You need to call Pat Sajack and buy a clue.

hth

Excuses? Hardly. However, I didn't expect all that much after that series vs. the Sox. I was spent; I can only imagine how the players felt.

The season is just around the corner. I've already made my annual bet with my friend regarding the regular season record of the Sox and Yankees.

I'm game for a similar wager if you are. <_<

The Red Sox haven't finished higher than the yankees in the regular season since what? 1995?

I'll take 1 win per extra 10 million the yankees spend and you have yourself a bet.

You need to call Pat Sajack and buy a clue.

Oh, I'm sure they think they're in sports hell right now. Try being a fan of a team who's never won a world series ever and most years has no chance of even making the playoffs. Then tell me a 6 year "drought" is so bad.

6 whole years without a WS title. Must be torturous for them and their fans. <_<

Hard for me to sympathize with them, but in a way I can understand. They had that 2001 World Series all wrapped up. It looked like Alfonso Soriano was going to be the hero and the Yankees would have #27 in anti-climatic fashion. Then the Diamondbacks rallied back and 6 years later the Yankees fans are still looking for redemption for the one that got away. I know I would be bullshitting if the Patriots don't atone for that AFC championship choke against the Colts.

But yeah, the perspective is certainly different. Indians fans are more tortured by a mile, and Cubs fans would be happy just getting into the World Series.

Hard for me to sympathize with them, but in a way I can understand. They had that 2001 World Series all wrapped up. It looked like Alfonso Soriano was going to be the hero and the Yankees would have #27 in anti-climatic fashion. Then the Diamondbacks rallied back and 6 years later the Yankees fans are still looking for redemption for the one that got away.

and the one that got away in 03 and the one that got away on 04 <_<

and the one that got away in 03 and the one that got away on 04 :headbanger:

In '03 they were worn out physically and emotionally from battling to the bitter end with the Red Sox. The Marlins were hot at the right time and delivered the knockout punch. But I agree with '04, Mariano Rivera let them down two games in a row in potential clinchers, you just don't see that happen very often.

I admit I rewatched '04 ALCS Game 4 the other day, still gives me goosebumps

2002 Anaheim Angels

2005 Chicago White Sox

2006 St. Louis Cardinals

2007 Milwaukee Brewers

:headbanger:

:wub: :D

:wall: :banana:

My buddy wanted to throw 100 on the brewers to win it all in 2007.

odds were like 1 to 30 a few months ago and like 1 to 15 last week. not even worth it :thumbsup:

My buddy wanted to throw 100 on the brewers to win it all in 2007.

odds were like 1 to 30 a few months ago and like 1 to 15 last week. not even worth it :thumbsup:

6 years isnt long..but it isnt as if the yankees are playing on the royals scale....

id like someone to find out how much the yanks have spent in those 6 years...

while they may not have choked to arizona..they turned around and gave A LOT of $ to a pitcher that killed them in that series RJ, in typical (cant beat him, buy him yankee fashion) and that went POOF..and now he is back in AZ..

the other pitcher from that AZ team went on to Bos to help the Yankees lose again..after the Yankees tried to buy him..POOF times 2..

i couldnt justify putting $$ on the crew to win the pennant..but i would to win the nl central or NL...

:unsure:

Lookin to do it again in '07!

With Gary Matthews Jr. leading the charge! :first: :huh: :banana: :doh: