Sign in to follow this  
bloodhound1

McGahee, Maroney, T. Henry.. 1st Rounders?

Ok.. let's get serious. I'm seeing Portis, Edge and Ronnie Brown going before these guys in early mock drafts. Willie Parker, sure.. Reggie Bush, maybe.. but come on. After Rudi, Westbrook and Addai, what RB belong in your 1st round?? :dunno:

LT

SJax

LJ

SA

Gore

FWP

Westy

Drew

Addai

Rudi

Uhh, yeah.. after Addai and Rudi .. who has potential to finish top ten in RB's.. I'm in a 12 team league so based on your answer- I could possibly land McGahee and Henry?? Hmm.. I'd take that big time! MJ doesn't belong there- not with Greg Jones coming back, Toefield signing and Taylor still there.

Ladanian Tomlinson

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Frank Gore

Shaun Alexander

Brian Westbrook

Joseph Addai

Travis Henry

Willis Mcgahee

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney

Clinton Portis

Rudi's not getting much love here. I understand him dropping a bit in a PPR league, but hell in my .5 ppr league, he still finished tenth in RB scoring. To be honest, even if backs like Maroney or Henry have higher upsides, their bust potential is much bigger as well. Maroney may not be ready for the primary back role, he split carries as a Gopher with MBIII, and wore down last season in the split role. He hasn't shown the ability to consistently run up the middle, or run hard every play. Seems like a boom bust guy to me. Same with Henry. Which Travis will show up? The solid bowling ball from Buffalo (and the end of last season) or the no-show from the 2005-6 season. Add the Shanny factor, and I'd be hard pressed to spend a 1st rounder on Travis either...McGahee? Frankly, I don't know, he still seems like 2nd round material to me...so who does that leave for those who pick at the end of the 1st round? A bunch of question marks at this juncture...

Uhh, yeah.. after Addai and Rudi .. who has potential to finish top ten in RB's.. I'm in a 12 team league so based on your answer- I could possibly land McGahee and Henry?? Hmm.. I'd take that big time! MJ doesn't belong there- not with Greg Jones coming back, Toefield signing and Taylor still there.

I know I would not feel comfortable going into the season with McGahee and Henry as my #1 and #2 RB. There comes a point when you have to say ok I'd rather get my #1 WR than just fill an RB slot.

If you were picking late in a 12 team league, I'd be looking more at Maroney and Chester Taylor. Portis is going to split carries. T. Henry - I would just avoid Denver and any RB from there. McGahee, yeah he might be consistently good - but nothing that is going to carry you in a week. Baltimore's offense is just not that good. I also like Ronnie Brown to rebound. Edge is someone I'm avoiding this year.

Those 3 players I'm not high on at all and would draft either a top 10 RB, a QB, WR, and/or A.Gates ahead of any of them. Refer to gh0st's post above for my top 10 RBs not necessarily in that order though.

Ladanian Tomlinson

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Frank Gore

Shaun Alexander

Brian Westbrook

Joseph Addai

Travis Henry

Willis Mcgahee

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney

Clinton Portis

This is actually a pretty good list. I would like to see Alexander fall perhaps a spot, Rudi jump a few....but overall good to start from. :mad:

I know I would not feel comfortable going into the season with McGahee and Henry as my #1 and #2 RB. There comes a point when you have to say ok I'd rather get my #1 WR than just fill an RB slot.

If you were picking late in a 12 team league, I'd be looking more at Maroney and Chester Taylor. Portis is going to split carries. T. Henry - I would just avoid Denver and any RB from there. McGahee, yeah he might be consistently good - but nothing that is going to carry you in a week. Baltimore's offense is just not that good. I also like Ronnie Brown to rebound. Edge is someone I'm avoiding this year.

So based on your strategy you'd grab Steve Smith or Marvin Harrison.. come back with- say- Chester Taylor in the 2nd.. that leaves RB's in the the 3rd with guys like Warrick Dunn and Reuben Droughns. Can't win championships with "fill in" RB's. How does this senario look:

1st- Maroney

2nd- T. Henry

3rd- T. Brady

4th- Burress

5th- L. Evans

Ladanian Tomlinson

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Frank Gore

Shaun Alexander

Brian Westbrook

Joseph Addai

Travis Henry

Willis Mcgahee

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney

Clinton Portis

Good list, Nitsu. Pretty much what everyone is saying, though. Would you come back with a QB in the 3rd round if guys like T. Brady, M. Bulger or D. Brees are still there??

If Bulger or Brees are available, that would be awesome. For my WR, Plaxico or Evans are also great, but I'd like to see what TE would be available.

Ladanian Tomlinson

Steven Jackson

Larry Johnson

Frank Gore

Shaun Alexander

Brian Westbrook

Joseph Addai

Travis Henry

Willis Mcgahee

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney

Clinton Portis

I agree this is a good list...but no FWP???

This is actually a pretty good list. I would like to see Alexander fall perhaps a spot, Rudi jump a few....but overall good to start from. :(

It's good....except it excludes Parker, which doesn't make sense. Probably just an oversight.

I think many people have forgotten or never realized just how well Travis Henry ran the ball during the season's second half. He ran it really, really well......I like his chances this year.

A. Peterson 1200 yards 12 tds 400 4 tds!!!!!!!!!