Sign in to follow this  
davebg

Guy I used to work with guilty of manslaughter from road rage incident outside Philly

What a doosh. :pointstosky:

A man whose aggressive driving on I-95 touched off a crash that left one woman dead and another seriously injured was sentenced Wednesday to six to 23 months in the Bucks County prison.

Enrico Crispo, 38, of Parrish Street, Philadelphia, must also complete an anger management class and mental health evaluation. His sentence, imposed by county Judge John Rufe in Doylestown, angered the victim’s family.

"We feel we have been victimized all over again," said Zera Parker’s daughter, who asked that her name not be published.

"So, that’s all her life was worth?" demanded a male family member, after Crispo was led away in handcuffs.

After the trial, Parker’s brother, Robert Atkinson of Philadelphia, said: "This was like my sister’s death had no meaning. We didn’t see justice. The Bucks County District Attorney’s office failed our family."

The crash occurred Sept. 21 in the southbound lanes near the Route 413 exit. Witnesses said Crispo, driving an Acura TL, started tailgating an SUV about 7 a.m. in heavy traffic. The SUV, driven by Karen Lynn Campbell, was in the left lane. A tractor-trailer was next to her in the right lane.

Crispo flashed his lights and swerved back and forth until Campbell accelerated past the truck. He squeezed in as soon as there was an opening, darted back into Campbell’s lane and slammed on his brakes.

Crispo was driving at least 55 mph when he did this, said Senior Deputy District Attorney Robert James. He was driving so fast, in fact, that his car "nosedived" during the maneuver, James said.

Campbell was forced off the road into the grass median. Her car spun into oncoming traffic, striking a car driven by Zera Parker, 58, of Philadelphia. Parker was on her way to her job at Woods Services in Langhorne.

Campbell’s car was flipped on its side. She suffered a fractured back and other injuries. Parker was pronounced dead at the scene.

Witnesses said Crispo sped up after the collision, traveling at more than 85 mph toward the Morrisville exit. He called his wife from the Trenton train station a short time later and asked her to watch for news reports about a crash, but claimed he wasn’t sure if he was involved. He then called an attorney.

In court Wednesday, Parker’s children and siblings crowded the front of the courtroom, telling Rufe that she was the "heart" of their family.

"My mother was a very forgiving person," her son said. "Because of that, we will forgive. But we need justice."

Campbell told the judge she has suffered severe back pain since the crash. She described being suspended by her seat belt for 20 minutes while rescue workers cut her free from her wrecked vehicle. Because of that experience, she said, she suffers debilitating claustrophobia.

"The worst part is that I have guilt, because Ms. Parker died and I’m still here," she said.

James told the judge another driver reported to police that Crispo was driving aggressively at least four miles before the crash scene.

Crispo apologized for the crime, turning to face Campbell and Parker’s family in the courtroom.

"I take full responsibility for what I did," he said. "I was just trying to get to work that day. I was trying to express my frustration by tapping my brakes. ... I never meant to hurt anyone. I lost control of myself in that situation."

Crispo’s lawyer, Richard Fink, brought numerous witnesses before Rufe to talk about Crispo’s character. All said that he was usually a calm person.

Fink noted that Crispo had no prior criminal record — not even a traffic violation — before the incident.

"He’s not making any excuses. He’s aching for the people he affected by his conduct. His life should not be defined by one terrible incident," Fink said.

Crispo pleaded guilty to homicide by vehicle and related crimes. He wasn’t charged with hit and run, which carries a mandatory one-year jail term. The way the hit-and-run law is written, James explained, the vehicles must make actual contact.

The state sentencing guidelines for homicide by vehicle for someone with Crispo’s lack of a prior record are three to 12 months in prison.

Fink asked that Crispo be permitted to serve his sentence on house arrest or other intermediate punishment. Rufe refused, but said that Crispo could apply for work release privileges after serving three months.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111...07-1321776.html

you calling someone a douche is like GFIAFP calling someone a liar.

Just sayin' :dunno:

When Enrico gets out, I suspect he'll being paying a visit to a certain poop flinging old lady. :unsure:

Holy crap... that's horrible. :unsure:

I still don't understand why he got in front of the car and slammed on his brakes. He was the one who was tailgating and she even merged to let him pass. So what was he pissed about? She didn't merge fast enough? Maybe she flicked him off as he passed or something. Whatever it was... 3 months doesn't seem like much considering the carnage that ensued and the fact that he took off.

:dunno:

3 months??? That's unreal, but I'm not surprised. The older sister of a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. The guy was also high on coke, running lights, hit her at 100 mph and left the scene of the crime. He served all of two months. You might have heard of him - Charles Smith, a human piece of dogsh1t who used to play for the Boston Celtics.

:unsure:

you calling someone a douche is like GFIAFP calling someone a liar.

Just sayin' ;)

Given your title as Queen Doosh, I take that as a compliment, butt-plug.

That took place about 15 minutes from me. I pass right by there every day on the way to work or my gf's house. Lots of people drive like focking morons on I-95, so I wasn't too surprised by this story. Too bad that lady had to die instead of that a$$hole driver. :doublethumbsup: