Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

Potential earth-like planet discovered

Great place for those unhappy with the state of this world to go to. By the time they get there, they will be falling out of the spaceship like Tribbles!!!! :dunno:

That's the "Trouble with Tribbles" :cheers: :cheers:

The report that I heard yesterday said that it would take a few hundred years to be able to even attempt to get there. They said our technology isn't ready for that type of mission yet because it would take 20 years to get there.

When they are able to, they should find 2 people named Adam and Eve and send them there first . :cheers:

Well this is interesting. To quote Jodi Foster in the movie contact, "If we were the only intelligent life in the universe it would seem to be an awful waste of space". Funny I was just thinking today, I should been an astronaut. Wanna take a ride? Ahhhahhhh. Yes, instead of having late night sex I am listening to Art Bell/George Noony :banana: 300th post :rolleyes:

Well this is interesting. To quote Jodi Foster in the movie contact, "If we were the only intelligent life in the universe it would seem to be an awful waste of space". Funny I was just thinking today, I should been an astronaut. Wanna take a ride? Ahhhahhhh. Yes, instead of having late night sex I am listening to Art Bell/George Noony :P 300th post :wacko:

your 300th post sucked.

hth

:dunno:

We should tell all of earth's politicians that there's a big inauguration on the new planet, load them all on a shuttle and fire them away. That action alone would help raise global median IQ by about 50%.

Either that or tell radical Muslims that we just got a message saying that that is Allah's planet and that they've all been recalled there. They'll get free standard issue dynamite belts and 40 virgins as soon as they land.

Man, if it were possbile to get there I would love to colonize some other planet. :doh:

seriously, 20 YEARS to get there? who's going to volunteer for that shiat?

I would. You would have to have a bunch of people in their early twenties, but also a ton of older people to train them in transit and prepare them for their eventual challenges. You need couples, and a careful psychological evaluation of all involved...

I would. You would have to have a bunch of people in their early twenties, but also a ton of older people to train them in transit and prepare them for their eventual challenges. You need couples, and a careful psychological evaluation of all involved...

i guess if you're life on earth is that bad. :doh: just think, "i told you so" when you're 12 years into the mission and the space ship starts focking up.

seriously, 20 YEARS to get there? who's going to volunteer for that shiat?

It's only 20 years, if you're traveling at the speed of light. However, it's unknown (and some say doubtful) if mass can physically travel at that velocity, regardless of technology.

i guess if you're life on earth is that bad. :P just think, "i told you so" when you're 12 years into the mission and the space ship starts focking up.

:doh: :P :D

It's only 20 years, if you're traveling at the speed of light. However, it's unknown (and some say doubtful) if mass can physically travel at that velocity, regardless of technology.

Man...you take all the fun out of everything!! :doh:

NASA once sent a married couple into space. No word if the couple had a child 9 months later, but I've always suspected NASA secretely tested the effects of space conception.