Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Fantasy Stock Up/Down- 4/30

Just one person's take on Fantasy values that were improved and/or dashed following Draft Weekend from what they were prior to Draft Weekend.

Fantasy Stock Up:

Marshawn Lynch- Should be able to get significant touches in his rookie season. It's a decent fit for a rookie...now we'll just have to see if he's any good or not. If he had gone somewhere where a true RBBC was likely, his stock would be lower, obviously.

Jamal Lewis- Looks like Jamal will be given a chance to resurrect his career in Cleveland. I really thought they'd draft some competition for him, but now he looks like he'll be given the bulk of the load. I don't think he'll do all that well, but it is his job.

Ahman Green- Much like Lewis, Green was given the stamp of approval on Saturday and now gets to see what he can do in a new location. Neither Green nor Lewis are what they used to be, but one or both could become decent options as a #2 fantasy back on teams this fall.

Chris Henry- All the guy's gotta do at the moment is beat out an overweight Lendale White for a starting gig. The way that Titans line opened up holes last season, Henry could be an intriguing draft pick. This guy may have lucked into something (as opposed to fellow second rounder Brian Leonard who's buried behind Steven Jackson...more on that in a moment)

Travis Henry- Looks like Denver's gonna turn him loose as their starter. He's climbing my board for sure.

Zach Miller- Will likely be Oakland's starting TE from day one. Rookie and young QBs like their tight ends. Russell and Miller could form a comfortable attachment if Russell gets to play much in '07, which is likely.

L.J. Smith- Speculation was that Philly would look at a replacement for Smith given that he's in the final year of his contract. Now, Smith will be given a chance to play for a new contract in Philly or elsewhere. That kind of motivation sometimes brings out the best in players.

Jon Kitna- This guy ranked top five in QB fantasy points last year in many leagues and now he's got more weapons, another year to learn Martz's system, and nobody breathing down his neck to play in '07? Here's betting he's near the top in fantasy points again.

Vernand Morency- Unless Green Bay does something additional with their backfield, this guy is the favorite to start. With most expecting Lynch to end up here, Morency wasn't highly regarded prior to the draft. Now, he has to be taken into consideration.

Brandon Jackson- Like Chris Henry, he's been put in a situation to compete with a somewhat unproven RB. We'll see what happens.

Jerious Norwood- This has been mentioned often in the last 24 hours. Norwood and Dunn were both given the stamp of approval and Norwood in particular. His value has really risen in the past 24 hours.

Edgerrin James- When Arizona passed on Peterson, it became apparent that Edge will be given another year to be a feature back. I think he'll improve on last year's numbers a bit.

Deion Branch/D.J. Hackett- Both of these guys should benefit greatly fantasy-wise from Darrell Jackson's departure. Branch's stock in particular has to be on the rise.

Fantasy Stock Down:

Anthony Thomas- You had to figure Buffalo would grab a RB over the weekend in some capacity, so his stock isn't down much....but some.

Donte' Stallworth- That's a crowded New England receiving corps now. All of the NE receivers prior to the weekend lose a little value.

Andre Johnson- Still no WR of any value opposite him for now. The team really needs to make a move on this. Maybe Marty Booker will become available although I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over Eric Moulds.

Vince Young- Needed some weapons. Didn't get them. Stock down.

Michael Turner- Looks like it could be one more year backing up LT2. Short of an injury there, his value is nowhere near what it would have been on a new team.

Amani Toomer- Stock wasn't that high to begin with, but now it's off the radar completely.

Desmond Clark- Had a pretty decent season last year, but when your team drafts a tight end in the first round, your role is about to be diminished.

Roy Williams- Interesting case here. I suppose some could say that Calvin Johnson's presence could enhance Williams's value. I'm not buying it. He could be the #2 option by season's end if not sooner.

Mike Furrey- See above.....looked like the #2 WR in a solid offense. Now, he's likely the slot guy or third wheel ala Bryant Johnson in Arizona.

Brett Favre- See Vince Young

Chester Taylor- Stock way down. Looked liked a second round redraft pick before Saturday. Now, I don't know what his value is.

Adrian Peterson- Chester Taylor gained 1,500+ yards from scrimmage last year. He won't be phased out completely.

Devery Henderson- The Meachem selection likely makes him the slot receiver at best.

Brian Leonard- Buried behind Steven Jackson....at least he's not Antonio Pittman.

WHAT STOCK UP/DOWN PLAYERS DO YOU SEE THAT WERE NOT MENTIONED?

Tom Brady's value improved with the Moss aquisition.

I don't think Devery Henderson value is hurt at all by Meacham. Meacham's a rookie and he's not good enough to beat out Devery. Devery's real good.

I'm not buying the Roy Williams value is down bit. Furry is now not worth drafting but this has to open things up for Roy. He will see far less double teams as the season goes on.

Gepetto, I see we tied for 5th in the draft contest. Good job :dunno:

I'm not buying the Roy Williams value is down bit. Furry is now not worth drafting but this has to open things up for Roy. He will see far less double teams as the season goes on.

It's an interesting debate. I think it's something we'll be debating/talking about all summer........

nice list fumble, can't disagree with any of it at the moment :shocking:

could maybe add Chambers and Lamont Jordan on the down list, but I might be thinking more on the dynasty side there. Also Jackson down some being with Smith now instead of hass.

Probably add Maroney to the up list also.

Tom Brady's value improved with the Moss aquisition.

I don't think Devery Henderson value is hurt at all by Meacham. Meacham's a rookie and he's not good enough to beat out Devery. Devery's real good.

Devery hasn't even beat out copper technically, I think it absolutely hurts his value.

Gepetto, I see we tied for 5th in the draft contest. Good job :dunno:

:o

FFToday T-shirt :cry:

I agree with you on Roy Williams too! :first:

"Roy Williams- Interesting case here. I suppose some could say that Calvin Johnson's presence could enhance Williams's value. I'm not buying it. He could be the #2 option by season's end if not sooner."

even if true...you might want to check the stats detroit's #2 wr put up last year.

plus, let's not forget at that cj is a rookie wr learning a very complicated offense--and roy is entering year 4 in the league and year 2 in martz's offense.

i think the consensus is cj has more of "it" than roy does but he's still going to be a rookie this year.

unlike last year when roy was doubled and tripled all season teams won't be cheating on him like that this year--not with cj on the other side. i think at least for this year roy's value is UP for all these reasons. in the long-term it looks like cj could be the more dominant one there, though.

"Roy Williams- Interesting case here. I suppose some could say that Calvin Johnson's presence could enhance Williams's value. I'm not buying it. He could be the #2 option by season's end if not sooner."

even if true...you might want to check the stats detroit's #2 wr put up last year.

plus, let's not forget at that cj is a rookie wr learning a very complicated offense--and roy is entering year 4 in the league and year 2 in martz's offense.

i think the consensus is cj has more of "it" than roy does but he's still going to be a rookie this year.

unlike last year when roy was doubled and tripled all season teams won't be cheating on him like that this year--not with cj on the other side. i think at least for this year roy's value is UP for all these reasons. in the long-term it looks like cj could be the more dominant one there, though.

Your point is well taken. Furrey's numbers were quite good. I still think Williams' stock goes down some, but he's certainly not off the radar by any stretch.

Just one person's take on Fantasy values that were improved and/or dashed following Draft Weekend from what they were prior to Draft Weekend.

Fantasy Stock Up:

Chris Henry- All the guy's gotta do at the moment is beat out an overweight Lendale White for a starting gig. The way that Titans line opened up holes last season, Henry could be an intriguing draft pick. This guy may have lucked into something (as opposed to fellow second rounder Brian Leonard who's buried behind Steven Jackson...more on that in a moment)

I say that it's White's stock that's increased here - no Michael Turner to deal with, and his only competiton at this point is a workout warrior who did absolutely NOTHING at Arizona. This is the best possible scenario that White could've hoped for to get the full-time gig.

Worst post evah.

How could anyone produce a list of stock risers and not include Randy Moss!!!

Moss is like Nelson Mandela, just released from captivity after 26 years. Randy went from Andrew Walter to Tom Brady. From a offensive coordinator that ran a bed and breakfast to Bill Belichick.

Worst post evah.

How could anyone produce a list of stock risers and not include Randy Moss!!!

Moss is like Nelson Mandela, just released from captivity after 26 years. Randy went from Andrew Walter to Tom Brady. From a offensive coordinator that ran a bed and breakfast to Bill Belichick.

Not everyone believes Moss has much left in the tank. I think Stallworth may be as good as Moss is at this point. You and Moss may prove the skeptics wrong, but for now I'm a Moss skeptic.

Moss was 1 of 3 targets in Oakland.

In New England, he will be 1 of 9 or 10 each game. His stock, which was low last year, will not improve.

In New England, he will be 1 of 9 or 10 each game. His stock, which was low last year, will not improve.

If Moss is as motivated as he says then I think at least 1000yds and 8-10tds will be a lock . Just because Brady spread the ball around in NE with a bunch of meat and potato wrs doesnt mean that will happen with one of the most talented wrs in the league. Brady has never had a recieving option at wr that is close to what Moss can be. Im not a Moss owner,but I think hes in for a nice year

with one of the most talented wrs in the league

Herein lies the crux of this argument. I can no longer make this statement about Moss. I think he's fading fast.

Herein lies the crux of this argument. I can no longer make this statement about Moss. I think he's fading fast.

I think he gave up in oakland, but im having a hard time seeing that happen in NE

Kitna's value increase knowing that the Lions will be playing from behind. Garbage TD's help in fantasty football. :P

Deja'Vu from TO landing in Philly.